WIP Wednesday

Deb

Here are my Wip's

1. Diagonal Homespun Afghan for friends

2. Raspberry Scarf

3. Felted Ballet Slippers

For once this is all I have going on, usually there are more. Anywho, Happy WIP Wednesday!

Laura

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've been working on:

--Rectangle Grannyghan for FIL who's having knee surgery soon (hope to have it finished before he goes in....):ohdear

--Scarf for sons' teacher

--Poncho for me (need more yarn...)

--Two ponchos (same pattern) for friends' baby girls. (Got yarn today.) Might make Chelles' granny skull cap to "match".

I have other things laying around, that will probably not get finished for a while....:)

Tina

Here's what I have going on - nothing that excites me though

1. Mystery Exchange Gift

2. RAOK project

3. ripple ghan - that is coming out too small and I think I have to frog

4. Afghan for my bf's mom- 3/4 done

5. Scrap ripple ghan

6. ABC ghan for my "nephew" - it's coming along VERY slowly

7. Hass Design Little Hearts Doily

8. Name Doily

9. Lilacs and Lace Afghan - put on the way way back burner.

9. Other non crochet related WIP (beaded banner, latch hook Elmo, felt applique stocking

I always have a million things going at once and get so bored and start something new. At least #1 and #2 willb e finished in the next week.

Still working on an afghan for a wedding gift (attended the wedding in August... thank you whoever came up with the "you have a year to get a gift" rule! ) :D

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:purple;">

I'm working on:

A secret project for someone I love. It should be finished in a day or two.

My 63 squares. I've got four finished and the fifth is almost completed. (This is going to take awhile!)

I want to start some kitchen goodies from a booklet Hammie leant to me.

I really want to start a crocheted edging for the new curtains I just made for my bedroom. I've been looking at patterns and think I'll do that in the evenings.</span>

My WIPs are:

1) My college classes - I look at my crochet and want to cry because I've had to dedicate so much time to my studies. I know it's worth it, but I ache to be able to pick my work up again.

2) The double wedding rings afghan for SIL's wedding gift - I'm only about 1/12 of the way through it, as I haven't really worked on it since we got home from the bridal shower.

3) I have two pairs of knitting needles hanging around here somewhere with "I don't know what the heck they are, I'm just practicing and learning" projects on them. I've mastered the art of casting on stitches:danc

I want to get a start on the 63 Squares CAL - but I haven't even started on a single one, so I guess it doesn't count.

:artist Working on:

Finishing up the Oxfam sweater for my niece. It needs the seams sewn up... then some decorative stitching on the sleeves and hem.

Half finished with Marlo's bag - gray merino wool - to be felted.

Black stole/wrap

Peaches and Cream tunisian dishcloth (thanks Secret Pal!)

Thread cherry bookmarks - creating as I go... no pattern!

I don't know how many WIPs I have but I got tired of them cluttering up my den so I gathered them up and put them in a large plastic bag in my bedroom.

Most of them are almost finished lapgahns or baby afghans. They are unfinished 'cause I did not like the way they were turning out. I'll go back and finish them after I finish my current list of "wants" by my family. :)

Then I will have several WIPs finished quickly. :)

I'm posting early since I plan on being in bed by a decent hour and being more productive tomorrow as my house looks like 3 kids under 5 have been running wild and free (oh wait they have...)

WIP's:

1. Chelle's Lacy poncho (for Tahra)

2. Eddie's rippleghan (still)

3. Roberts "SURPRISE" (still)

I've been a bad momma and have caught poncho fever, so I don't have any progress on my other 2 wip's :P

Its.....Wednesday!!!

My WIP's are...

Special stuff for my secret pal!! WHISTL~12.GIF

A skull afghan for my lil cuzin pink_skull.gif

and a bearghan for a friends lil baby girlie..teddy.gif

This was such a productive crochet week!!

I finished both scarves for my daughter's teachers Valentine's day gifts.

I finished a scraf for my mother

I finished my swap partners poncho/shawl and shipped it

I am 80% done the "suede" shawl for my SIL

15% done my husbands scarf for Valentine's day (I think the 15% is being generous)

It feel so good to post this week!!

Since last week I have finished the two ponchos I was working on, and the scarf(s) for my sons' teachers. (He has two teachers). This week I am still working on the :

-- Rectangle grannyghan for FIL (Is about three feet long so far?)

-- Poncho for me got put on back burner til I get yarn I haven't even ordered yet, didn't have colors I need at LYS (JoAnns'):)

--Started a new scarf for oldest son two days ago.

--Am going to "try" to work on plastic bag crochet tote, for my mom to collect shells in Florida.It's been almost half way done since last summer, it kills my wrists/hands to crochet with that stuff, though... And I hate cutting out all the plastic bags, but my mom REALLY wants it, so....:U

--Want to start a "star" baby afghan for friend I just found out is pregnant, but isn't officially a WIP, I guess...

That's all for me. :yawn Tina

My current works in progress are.

1) A Lacy Shell's poncho for my niece's bday. Almost done!

2) A Bernat Boa scarf for my best friend. 1/3 of the way done.

3) Easter dishcloths for my Aunt's & Grandma's - just a couple more to do.

On the list to start in the next week is a shawl for myself, a matching poncho for my niece's Cabbagge Patch doll, and thread Easter bookmarks to go with the dishcloths. :)

Busy busy busy. :)

I'm still working on my ds3's serape:

almostfinishedserapesmfoto.jpg

I finished the dishcloth I was working on, which I started last week sometime. (photo on my blog) I also did a towel topper. Both of these are part of my MIL's birthday gift. I'm waiting for more yarn to do more of her gift.

Besides working on the serape, I have my own poncho to do, and an afghan for our home (that's always a "background project"), and gifts for my parents, and the Sunday school teacher. I've made one snowflake for the SS teachers, have about 12 more to do. I'd start some things for one or two of my older children but I'm still waiting for my yarn to come in.

So, what I'm likely to do this week is finish ds3's serape, work on my, and do a couple of snowflakes (maybe). And if my yarn comes in, I'd like to start the gifts for two of my older children, and continue working on MIL's.

Guest minwifeof4boys58

.. I really haven't done much this week at all except cry buckets at sending my son to boot camp....

.. but I'm going to just buck up and work on a purse for my neice tomorrow...

Hopefully next Wed. I'll have a bunch of things done:0

If it's on your hert.. please pray for my son...

Leaminwifeof4boys.bravejournal.com/

I still haven't gotten any work done on that wedding rings afghan. I got wrapped up in a couple of smaller projects - one for Christine, one for a secret friend, and one, kind of out of necessity, for me. I HAD to have something to keep my hair out of my face, so I made a bandana. It's very comfortable to wear, and very lightweight, in spite of being made with worsted weight yarn!

Well, I started and finished my friends scarf done with a very yummy Tahki Bunny Print yarn in Tropical Storm. I pulled out a wrap I was making and salvaged the yarn to make something else...which leaves me...GASP...no current WIPs! So, instead I guess I'll write about my plans. I got a bunch of Caron Sayelle yarn in cream on clearance for $1 a skein this week! I'm going to use it for my first sweater, a button up Aran one from Crocheted Aran Sweaters. I have my son's ripple afghan to start, and another project that shall remain nameless to protect its secrecy ;) First I need to do a few swatches, I'm not starting a sweater without getting the gauge right for once, LOL!

Whew... my WIP post...

I am working on a purple and black granny ghan for a friends new apartment... it is going to be queen sized... so it will be a bit before I am done.

I am working on #3 bible purse.

I am trying to figure out what else to work on lol

Heather

Guest cdgayerf

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on my first mile-a-minute afghan for my neice's birthday in March. It's more like mile-an-hour, or sometimes mile-a-day! I am determined to get it done in time,though. I also make a couple pair of preemie baby booties every week, and of course the 63 squares afghan is ever-present, mocking me.

This is my busiest year for crocheting ever! I'm planning to make 6 more afghans, plus a couple of baby blankets, snowflake ornaments for our christmas tree, hats for next winter, slippers for the husband. I hope I can get it all done!

Cindy

Cindy, I sure understand about that MAM afghan - mine is more like mile-a-day as well! I've got one on the go that is not quite half-way done. I put it aside a lot to do things that reward me more quickly!

I know it's Friday, but here are the projects I have going on:

Finishing up a gift for my secret pal (almost done)

I am starting my very first poncho. I have tons of this thread that I originally planned on using for another project, but I ended up hating the yarn so I used another yarn for the project. Now I very much love this yarn again and decided to make a poncho out of it.

I am making a little mushroom house for my girls Bushwillie's.

I am making some bookmarks for my girls teachers.

Those are all my crochet projects, but I have about 2-3 sewing projects going on as well.

Ok, it's only Tuesday 8o but here's my WIP list:

Afghan for my honey:)h I picked a 3x3" square pattern, probably not a very good idea, but I'll get it done eventually

2 Ponchos (well 3, but the third one doesn't come out right, I keep 'froggin' it :ohdear ) it's this pattern, just in case you experts out there understand it better :blush

Barbie clothes for my little sister (who's obsessed with Barbies)

Felted bag

That's it for now...

Lily :knit