Comfort-ghans Irwin's Family -UPDATE pg 17 post #194

MamaHooks

Alisha, thanks! I know where to find you, if I need help with that square! I made something like that before....and I found that working around and behind those petals is quite a tedious job. Was it like that for you, or was this an easier flower pattern to follow?

Daisy it's not hard at all ;) I've also found that some of the flower squares are confusing but this one was pretty simple.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these are the squares that arrived yesterday, I had to go out and get a new battery charger...my went kput yesterday...I use it alot.

from ankey;th_IMG_1022_edited.jpg from rsislandth_IMG_1021_edited.jpg

from birdlady1th_IMG_1024_edited.jpgIMG_1023_edited.jpg

from jchllm IMG_1020_edited.jpg and my addition is a patttern I just tested for Kathy . th_IMG_1019_edited.jpg thank you kahud48 for allowing this square to be used in Bindi's comfortghan.

I also received a card for the family and donations for shipping I enlarged jchllm's picture you can see the wonderful buttons attached to the centerand one of birdlady1 so you can see the textured yarn in hers also. I love all the squares received to date...don't you?

The ghans are so beautiful. I didn't know that you guys were making these ghans for the Irwins until this morning.

I think that what you all have done here is an awesome thing,

and God will most surely pour out many blessings to each and everyone

of you for being so giving and so loving in heart.

I am honored angelfire and am humbled that one of my design will be a part of this beautiful ghan for Bindi :yes

And I am so thankful to you for testing it for me.

If you might need anymore squares for Bindi's ghan, please give me a yell,

I would love to make one :) if anymore are needed.

I received the following squares yesterday...along with additional funding for shipping

from darn cat;IMG_1038_edited.jpg and IMG_1037_edited.jpg

from Daisy;IMG_1036_edited.jpg and IMG_1035_edited.jpg

and from Brina her first 12" square ; IMG_1034_edited.jpg

I will edge these today and then I will start assembly. I would like to thank each and every member that contributed squares, encouragement and the compassion that has brought this project together.

You have three more squares coming from me! I sent them late, but sent them priority mail, so you should get them soon. I did the butterfly square, too, like ankey, a filet square and a variation on Krystal's Daisy Charity square.

Look for them either tomorrow or Thursday!

IMG_1043_edited.jpg

I used one square from each person that I had received from...being there was thirteen people that I had received squares from.(including my own) I left my square out in fairness.

I will be washing this today and packing it as soon as it dries.

Right now there are five squares left over ...Tiga is sending 3 more so we may be able to get another ghan done in Steve's honor to donate.

Angelfire, WOW! It turned out Gorgeous! :cheer :cheer :cheer You did a beautiful job putting the squares together! I'm impressed! Is there going to be enough money in the funds to mail these?

Oh no! You had to leave YOUR square out?? Oh I feel sooooooooo badly about that!! You could take mine out dearheart. The ghan is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a terrific job!

Oh no! You had to leave YOUR square out?? Oh I feel sooooooooo badly about that!! You could take mine out dearheart. The ghan is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a terrific job!

Don't feel bad...I participated by having the honor of putting it together...love your new name

I cannot tell you how pleased I am at how well everyone pulled together to get this third afghan completed. It is simply amazing how quickly you all got this done! :clap:clap:clap

We have a couple issues still to figure out with this. First, as far as money goes. Bonnie has $50 on hand right now that she has received with these squares. Tami should be sending her the remaining $17 today. If Bonnie gets that money quickly, she'll have $67 towards mailing the comfortghans. Hopefully, it won't cost much more than that to mail them off. I think we should ask Bonnie to let us know the final shipping cost, and then if it costs a lot more than expected or for some reason she ends up only with the $50 currently on hand, we can all chip in some more money for her. Does that sound agreeable to everyone?

Next, we have 8 extra squares. How about we get exactly 4 more squares in the same color scheme and make one more comfortghan that Bonnie can find a place to donate locally? Then when we ship everything to the Irwins, in the enclosed card we'll indicate a 4th comfortghan has been made and is being donated in Steve's memory. Does this sound acceptable to everyone?

4 Extra Squares Being Sent By:

Chiscrochetcrazy

Darncat

jchllm

TX CrochetLover

Thanks to these 4 wonderful ladies who are going to send in the last 4 squares we need to complete a 4th comfortghan!

Oh Bonnie, you did a terrific job! I am amazed also how fast this came together, wow, us villagers can sure get 'hookin when we have to :hook

I will be more than HAPPY to send extra money if you need it for mailing, or heck even the GAS you used up doing all this, geez Bonnie, I will buy ya a Happy Meal if you want :hug , just say the word :yes

BLESS YOU!!! And thanks about the new name....geez, no one ever told me your not supposed to use your real whole name on the net....lol...I got stupid stamped on my forehead :lol

Archived