Comfort-ghans Irwin's Family -UPDATE pg 17 post #194

MamaHooks

In this case, I think we were just lucky. Samio is a member here in C'Ville, and she just happens to know the Irwin family....so we are relying on her, to deliver our comfortghans to the family. To send something to another celebrity....I have no idea how you would go about sending it...so it gets to the right person.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YIPPPEEEEEE - the parcel arrived yesterday afternoon. I could not get the parcel out of the ladies hands quick enough. My best friend was here at the time and we both ended up in tears as I opened the parcel. A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you to everyone who participated in this. I am not entirely sure when I will see the family next. Probably within the next month or so, But I will let you know when I do and hopefully post some pictures

Samio, I am so glad the comfortghans are now in Australia!!!

We will all wait as patiently as we can for you to coordinate your schedule with the Irwin family's schedule. I know that's probably a difficult thing to do.

Pictures would be great! (I know you probably know this already, but if you end up with pictures of the family, just make sure they're okay with the pictures being posted here.)

Several people have asked me for an update on the $17 that TamiCrochets is to send to angelfire. The money has not yet been sent, and I do not have a firm date as to when it will be sent. Tami does assure me that she will send the money.

We have a Hall of Shame here at Crochetville that is currently used only for members who have not lived up to swap commitments. This situation has made us realize that we need to expand the reach of the Hall of Shame to include members who do not meet their commitments in other areas of Crochetville as well. Over the next week or so, Donna and I will work on revising the guidelines for adding members to the Hall of Shame. Rest assured, the Hall of Shame will continue to be used only for extreme cases of failure to live up to commitments made, and only when this failure can be established beyond a shadow of a doubt, and after all other avenues to resolve the situation privately have been exhausted.

To help us maintain a positive atmosphere here at Crochetville, I do ask that this situation not be discussed publicly within this thread. If you have any comments or concerns about how this situation has been handled, please direct those to me privately via PM.

Danicomfortghan1.jpg

This is a picture of the lovely comfortghan I finished for coolhockeymom tonight with squares left from Bindi's ghan along with extras sent by Txcrochetlover, Chiscrochetcrazy, darncat and Jchllm...Daisy also sent extras and Brina donated an additional one , as I did to make the ghan 5x6 squares . I personally want to thank everyone involved in the entire process from the first post by Mamahooks ...to the last square donated..this is a great group of caring individuals that I am proud to be a member of. Thank you Amy for all your hard work getting this completed, thank you Tamicrochets for assembling the first two ghans and thank everyone that sent squares and all of those that gave us moral support along the way.

its beautiful, i am so glad we were able to get these done, i too want to thank all of you who helped , is a honor to me to have been able to contribute to the family of the crocadile hunter. i know he would have loved every minute of it:manyheart:manyheart

WOW! The comfortghan is GORGEOUS! All the hard work you did in edging the squares and sewing them together. Angelfire, you are just awesome! :hug You never cease to amaze me.

Cheers for a job well done! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Hugs to everyone who participated :hug :hug :hug

I think we can all breathe now :D Whew!

:c9 :c9 I am sitting on cloud nine the comfortghan is beautiful and everyone who added a square or even the words of encouragment along the way has made this a thread to remember and everytime I look I will get the warm fuzzy feeling of all the hugs given through the making of the squares ..This is truly a site anyone would feel lucky to be apart of

Awwwwww, Coolhockeymom, I am happy that you are on :c9 . You are always so giving here, in Crochetville and always so supportive. So, along with the afghan you have my :manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug always!

:c9 :c9 I am sitting on cloud nine the comfortghan is beautiful and everyone who added a square or even the words of encouragment along the way has made this a thread to remember and everytime I look I will get the warm fuzzy feeling of all the hugs given through the making of the squares ..This is truly a site anyone would feel lucky to be apart of

You hang in there ! We are all here for you! Glad you like your ghan!

The afghan is great! We have some really talented and compassionate folks here at the the Ville, and I am so glad to be a part of this effort!

Wow!! It turned out great!! Thank you for putting it together, it looks wonderful!:cheer I'm happy that I could contribute in a small way, and that everyone was willing to pitch in and work so hard to give something special to such great people.:hug

What is the status of the missing squares and the money that was not used for these afghans?

The missing squares are apparently gone for good. :(

Angelfire has not yet received the $17 originally sent in for shipping to Tami, but Tami assures me she will be sending it soon.

:cheer:clap:cheerJust found this today (I'm new here). Wish I could have been involved with this. My family were all huge Steve Irwin fans!! I think this is a wonderful thing that you have done! I'm proud to be part of this forum!:manyheart

Wow, CHM's afghan turned out awesome!

Did we all pick out the same shade of yellow, or what?

I think it's prettier than Bindi's, lol, but then, I'm a bit partial to a few of the squares in this 'ghan <grin>.

It's March 1st. Any feedback on when the missing money is being returned?????

No, I do not have any additional information on this.

But on a related note, I told everyone in this thread awhile back that Donna and I were working on expanding the scope of the Hall of Shame guidelines. I just posted the new guidelines and other information in the Forum Guidelines/Rules folder this morning.

I did not get a chance to join this, however, I have followed it and wanted to let you all that you have done beautiful work and the afghans are gorgeous!!! Thank you to you all for doing this for the Irwin's. You are an amazing group of people and I am so glad that I get to see the beautiful work you all did and your generosity.

No, I do not have any additional information on this.

But on a related note, I told everyone in this thread awhile back that Donna and I were working on expanding the scope of the Hall of Shame guidelines. I just posted the new guidelines and other information in the Forum Guidelines/Rules folder this morning.

I just read your updated guidelines. THANK YOU.

Archived