Comfort-ghans Irwin's Family -UPDATE pg 17 post #194

MamaHooks

Honestly, I think we should complete the second ghan and send them BOTH to the Irwins, and then they can donate it if they choose to, or keep it or whatever.

I'm all for making another one to donate in his memory, though, if we want to do that.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are Tiga's squares after attaching edging to join...sorry for not taking picture before

IMG_1060_edited.jpgIMG_1061_edited.jpgIMG_1062_edited.jpg

I would personally like to thank everyone involved in bringing this project to a conclusion. We have a great group of individuals here at the 'ville and it really warms my heart to be a part of a great forum.

I am very pleased to let everyone know that angelfire (Bonnie) mailed the 3 comfortghans to the Irwin family today: Terri and Bob each received one in earthy/natural/camouflage colors while Bindi received the yellow/white one.

We received more squares than needed for Bindi's comfortghan, and the consensus of the group that donated them is that they should be used to put together a 4th comfortghan that will be given, in Steve's memory, to none other than coolhockeymom (Danielle), angelfire's daughter, who is struggling with her own health issues right now.

Bonnie said she has received enough money to cover the cost of mailing the package, so no further donations are necessary. :clap

Bonnie says package delivery is guaranteed by February 6. She included insurance in the amount of $200 just in case of loss, even though we all consider the afghans priceless! At least that way if it's lost, we can purchase more yarn and pay for shipping again!

If anyone is interested, you MIGHT be able to track the package with this number: EB296411266US

I'm sure Samio will let us know when she receives the package, and then give us an update after she's able to give it to the family.

Thanks so much to everyone who has participated in this project. You're all wonderful! :hug

I did receive Tiga's squares in yesterdays mail and will post a picture as soon as I can do so. Thank you Tiga for your effort in helping with this project.

I would personally like to thank everyone involved in bringing this project to a conclusion. We have a great group of individuals here at the 'ville and it really warms my heart to be a part of a great forum.

There's no one better than you! You turned lemons into lemonade. Thank you.

I'm happy they are on their way!:cheer Everyone did a great job and the finished afghans look great!! I hope they like them. I'm glad the other comfortghan is going to a good home.

I was able to send another square out before it snows again. It should be there on Sat. or Mon.

I'm just so proud of this great group of people. It is so nice to be part of a "family" that is so giving and kind. :ghug

Awesome job everyone!! I'm very proud to be involved with such a wonderful bunch of people.

Bonnie, I did send anothe square to you yesterday so I hope you get it Monday or Tuesday at the latest!!

TxCrochetlover, jchllm, and darncat. I have received your squares. I received them on Monday but have been in bed with a migraine and not near my computer...sorry for not posting sooner. Chiscrochetcrazy...I am looking forward to receiving your square. All of you are awesome for stepping up and helping out with additional squares. Thank you so very much:hug

Latest tracking information on the usps.com website shows that the package cleared customs at 2/8/07 at 2:40 PM Australian time. So it shouldn't be too much longer before Samio receives the package!!!

YIPPPEEEEEE - the parcel arrived yesterday afternoon. I could not get the parcel out of the ladies hands quick enough. My best friend was here at the time and we both ended up in tears as I opened the parcel. A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG thank you to everyone who participated in this. I am not entirely sure when I will see the family next. Probably within the next month or so, But I will let you know when I do and hopefully post some pictures

Thank you Samio, I am thrilled that the package finally got to you....safe and sound. It will be wonderful to hear,when the Irwin family receives their special gifts of these comfortghans. I hope you are able to get pictures and post for us! :yes Make sure you tell Terri, Bindi and Bob, that we love them,and are thinking about them and keeping them in our prayers. Geez, what I wouldn't give to be able to be with you when you do this! I think my legs would be like Jello.

I hope you are able to get pictures and post for us! :yes Make sure you tell Terri, Bindi and Bob, that we love them,and are thinking about them and keeping them in our prayers. Geez, what I wouldn't give to be able to be with you when you do this! I think my legs would be like Jello.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd love to be there too. Jello is an understatement!

Birdlady1, I think a lot of us would love to be there when the comfortghans are delivered to the Irwin Family......weak knees, rubber ankles, tears in our eyes and all. At least all of our hearts will be there....in mind and spirit..... and in the loving spirit in which these afghans were made and given. Personally, I feel very humbled.......the few squares that I may have made for the comfortghans, don't compare to the outstanding work, that the Irwins dedicated their lives to.

Birdlady1, I think a lot of us would love to be there when the comfortghans are delivered to the Irwin Family......weak knees, rubber ankles, tears in our eyes and all. At least all of our hearts will be there....in mind and spirit..... and in the loving spirit in which these afghans were made and given. Personally, I feel very humbled.......the few squares that I may have made for the comfortghans, don't compare to the outstanding work, that the Irwins dedicated their lives to.

Again, you've taken the words out of my mouth. I've met a lot of U.S. presidents and other "celebrities" through the years but none have been like the Irwins. They have humbled me to my knees. For me, nothing absolutely nothing is greater than working with and helping animals ... especially those that are so misunderstood.

Contributing squares to this afghan has given me a satisfaction that cannot be compared to anything else I might do in this lifetime.

How do you know where to send the finished blankets as to ensure it goes where you say...to Bindi and Bob???:think I would love to send a blanket. I have one made already. But where do you send it??????? How would you know where to send something to a celebrity?

Archived