Comfort-ghans Irwin's Family -UPDATE pg 17 post #194

MamaHooks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still waiting to receive this to take to Terri and the kids. I told them about it when I saw them 3 weeks ago and the kids are soooo excited. I just don't want to let them down. I am not even sure who has it

I am still waiting to receive this to take to Terri and the kids. I told them about it when I saw them 3 weeks ago and the kids are soooo excited. I just don't want to let them down. I am not even sure who has it

Not sure what happened with the original squares, but if anyone would like to "re-donate" a square or two, I would be more than happy to put them together and get it shipped out to Samio. My family watched Steve and his family on a nightly basis and would love to be able to get his family this comfort-ghan. If the other one shows up later, than each kid would have a ghan of their own :manyheart .

I understand the once burned twice shy......just thought I would put the offer out there:hook

I just heard from TamiCrochets last night. She's a bit overwhelmed with holiday stuff right now, and plans to ship this out after all the craziness of the holidays is over.

Don't worry, she hasn't disappeared with the comfortghan. It will be on its way before too much longer. :)

I just heard from TamiCrochets last night. She's a bit overwhelmed with holiday stuff right now, and plans to ship this out after all the craziness of the holidays is over.

Don't worry, she hasn't disappeared with the comfortghan. It will be on its way before too much longer. :)

I thought it would be something like that :yes

It's a crazy time of year for everyone.

thank you for updating us. i am sure tami is working as fast as she can. but with the holidays here its hard i now. she won't "burn" us this means to much to her too. thank you tami for doing this, will still be excited to see the finished ghan. samio how is the family doing? i imagine this christmas was tough on them, i know it was for my family as my mom passed away the first part of the year. and while its been almost a year it is still hard. so please keep terri and the children in your prayers or in your thoughts if you don't pray. thank you once again tami and all who made the squares:manyheart :manyheart

everyone started requesting afghans for christmas presants around the time i started putting this to gether pardon me while i start pulling every strand of my hair out and whip stitch it into the blanket lol i really wont but its stressfull here .. i have everything set out ready for the box and goodies stashed in along with something special for samio for taking this for us.. Samio make sure you get the photos of terri and the kids holding it :) if you don't have a camera i'll try to send you a one use one... I really enjoyed putting it together i'm just sorry it took so long... After I feel it is safe to go to the postal i'll send it off :) again so sorry for the delay

• 2 weeks later...

tami, thank you sweetie for putting this together and sending it off, do you need some help with the postage? i can send ya a couple dollars if ya need some and i am sure others will too if need be, also i can not wait to see the afghan. i saw bindi on tv the other day and she is just the sweetiest child. samio please give the family a hug from me if ya would, well i mean not just me all of us lol, i like others can not believe steve is gone. what a sad that that was that happened. i hope this comfortghan helps them in some way to at least some small way. god bless all who helped:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I heard from Tami this morning just before noon. She said she will be posting pictures tomorrow night of the completed afghan to assure everyone that it is complete, as she stated back in October. (Please, no public speculation about why it's taking her up to 36 hours to get pictures posted. You may direct any comments you have about that to me privately via PM.)

She also assured me that the package WILL be in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday (Monday is a federal holiday and the post office will not be open).

I would like to assure you all that I have done everything it is in my power to do to get this package shipped off to Australia, short of driving to Tami's home myself and picking up the comfortghan.

I have asked Tami to post to this thread and give you a personal apology and update on why it's taken her three months to ship a completed comfortghan. For your sakes, I hope she does so.

I know everyone is anxious to hear Samio's story upon delivering this comfortghan personally to the Irwin family, and I sincerely hope that will be possible. I know some people's feelings are riding high right now, so I do ask that there be no negative posts made about Tami. You are always welcome to contact me via PM about any thoughts/comments/feelings you may want to share about this whole unfortunate situation.

Pictures are being posted soon as my friend gets home from work .. I'm on his computer and do not understand his camera software so i'll be having him load the pictures to my photobucket so i can add it to this thread.

I do appologize for the length of time it has taken I supose I have no real good excuse as to why It has taken so long! Nothing that measures up to the reasons as to why it has taken 3 months as stated anyway.

I do not have a car and Finiancial situations have been terrible. I live with my parents and my parents have allmost lost their house. My father has had a case of Skin cancer and had to undergo treatment for that. these are all just pathetic excuses as i sit back and read it and try to understand myself what has happend. all i can say is Time ran away from me and I do appologize ..

After this is complete and sent i'm not sure i'll remain on the board due to this thread. I wont post about what went on only that I am ashamed and insulted perhaps mostly at my self. But as soon as he gets home ill have him take photos and post them to the thread.

He works closeing and is a manager so i hope he gets home soon enough. thats all i'm really waiting on is him! the blanket has been completed i just had it in a box in my closet and forgot about it till reicently which is why it has taken so long to get photos done as well.

I do appologize to everyone reading the thread. you're squares were all very lovely i had some troubles with getting it together as they were not all even but ithink i did pretty good job with it! I hope you guys like the pictures.

With Deepest Applogies

Tami

After this is complete and sent i'm not sure i'll remain on the board due to this thread. I wont post about what went on only that I am ashamed and insulted perhaps mostly at my self. But as soon as he gets home ill have him take photos and post them to the thread.

With Deepest Applogies

Tami

Tami, you are only human. So much that happens in life is not planned. Don't get discouraged or feel bad. You are going through a lot right now.

Just think after this ghan is sent you can relax a little and crochet for your pleasure for awhile. Try and keep your spirits up.

The finished comfortghan looks fabulous! It's so wonderful to be able to see all the hard work and effort everyone put into this project.

And cat pictures are always a good thing, even if it's the "wrong" end of the cat!

Now let's just hope that both the US and the Australian postal services have caught up after the holidays, and it won't take long at all for the 'ghan to reach Australia after it's been shipped. I wish I was taking a little trip to Australia with the 'ghan myself! :)

it turned out very nice tami, hon things happen, we all are human, i think it was very sweet of you to volunteer to put this together, and i know its been a while, but at least now its done and will be soon given to terri and the children and they will know how much we care about them. thank you everyone who helped with this ghan, i am sure steves family will appreciate it alot:hug:hug:hug:hug

Archived