Comfort-ghans Irwin's Family -UPDATE pg 17 post #194

MamaHooks

I completely agree about not rushing to get it there they need some time for things to calm. I can't even imagine losing my hubby then having all those people giving things it would be touching but also very overwhelming. I can't even watch reports about it all I just feel so bad for those kids and Terri :( To them he was just daddy & hubby & that we can all relate to.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

samio, i thank you for the excellent suggestion, i also agree that we should perhaps send it a bit later+ since samio knows the family personally as she said i would be awesome if she could deliver it to the personally and explain how much we care and why we are doing what we are i sent both my squares today tami, i sent them priority also one of the ones i made is a heart surrounded by shells. if you can only use one of the squares please use that one as i made that while praying for terri and the babies, samio, please give this grieving family our best regards and tell them we are thinking of them at this horrible time. i too can't imagine this happening to my family, and then being in the world spot light. please give them all a hug from us here at crochetville as people who care. and are very sorry this happened. thanks so much for doing this for us and them, i also agree the address should be kept private. i mean would you want to be bombarded by people? course not. thanks again samio, i am so glad you can do this for us.

tami please let me know when you get the squares, i also sent you a suprises as a thank you for putting this comfortghan together, :hug :hug for all of you and please give terri and the kids :hug :hug from me too as well as steves family. i saw his dad on the news today and he just looks broken, we need to remember its not just terri and the babies, its also his parents and siblings and others in the family and send good thoughts or prayers or both for them. thanks for letting me say how i feel and how i appreciate you all. thats what is so awesome about our village, when bad things happen we all stand together and weather them. kk will stop talking now:blush :blush:devil

Oh yes! THanks Samio!!! Please tell them we're thinking about them, and praying for them. How awsome that you can actually hand deliver it, and tell them who we are. Thanks for doing this, wow, we have an "inside" source. And FOR SURE they'll get our blanket this way. I was really concerned that it would get tossed into a pile of stuff they'd already recieved. No no, we don't need the private address, they need as much privacy as possible. Bless your heart for doing this!!! Tami, I'll have my squares in the mail this afternoon.

Mythunderbird, you took the words right out of my mouth, I started to cry reading your posts.

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before today:( . This is just awesome, Steve and his family are such special people. By chance is the comfort ghan completed? Do you need anything else? I'll be checking this thread.....If you have everything that's fine tho.:manyheart

Oops, I just made two squares today. That's what I get for not reading all the way through the post!

I think I'll just make a bunch more squares out of the camo and green yarns I bought and make some manly lapghans for the Pine Ridge Elders/kids (Our Special Angels) project. If anyone else would like to donate their squares to this just let me know

:hook

p.s. the project sponsors and supports Lakota Sioux elders on the Pine Ridge reservation. This group is an offshoot of this project, same thing, same organizer.

Update on the progress for the Comfort-ghan. Tami send me a message. She was moving so she wasn't able to access the internet. But she said she has edged the squares and will the whipstitching the ghan together and hopefully by monday she can post a few pics for all of us.

I would like to thank everyone who has made a square and all the people who wanted to help in so many ways... you are all wonderful people.

• 2 weeks later...

Tami emailed be yesterday. She said she is almost finished with the comfort-ghan is and thinks this friday she will be able to post some pictures. I am sooo excited :cheer. I just wanted everyone to know that she is working her little fingers off to get this ghan made.

Thank you Tami!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just sent an email to Tami. I am sure that she will be able to post the photos soon. I am also very eager to see the finished ghan. I just know that it is beautiful. Their were so many wonderful people who sent squares to make this comfort-ghan happen. Thank you all for making the squares.

Archived