White Diamonds # 7 original Doily

Katchkan

Well this is number 7 of the Birthstone series.

I have tried to create an elegant doily for this one. Diamonds make me think posh. I almost named it double diamonds, as if you look we have the Diamond soitaire shape for the 4 quarters and then the diamond shape inserted into that. But I liked White Diamonds better so that's what it is. It uses clusters and popcorn stitches to give it depth. I also used a strand of silver blending filament to give it sparkle. 'Though it doesn't show up much in the picture, it really does sparkle.

Done in size 20 thread with a size 10/ 1.3mm hook It measures 14 and 1/2 inches across. It is actually filet done in the rnd and the each quarter finished to give it the rounded shape. Hope you are enjoying this as much as me.

It has been fun creating these. Thanks for the challenge Elizabeth.

WhiteDiamonds1.jpg

WhiteDiamonddetail.jpg

Very pretty! I love it, and it's also my birth month too! :)

Great job, as always....makes me wish I had more time to try thread!

~K

Kathy, what can I say that others have not as I confer with them all.

You have done it again and it is beautiful.

Hopefully you will allow me to test this one also, as soon as I finish the Aquamarine, which looks like it will be soon.

June

Lovely! Is it smaller than the Ruby dreams one? :think
Yes it is a smaller doily then the Ruby Dreams one.

Thanks everyone for the nice things you have to say. :hug You make me feel just a little bit proud of what I am making. Thanks for the ego boost. Somedays you need it more than others. :hug

I am really trying to produce a wide range of doilies for this book. It has been so much fun for me to play with the different styles and ideas that are rolling around in my head. My hook can't fly fast enough to keep up with the ideas that I have.

Stacey you will find blending filaments in the embroidery section. I look everywhere for different and exciting threads to use in my designs.

Archived