Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Just popping in to say hello   :waving

Hello! to you, too Cshort ~ :D  Hope your week has been going good, too.  It's been beautiful here, just a little chilly.  But Spring is trying to push forward ~ :)  I have daffodils popping up all over!  And the trees are budding out, too!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carole c2c is short for corner to corner. The texture is nice when worked in a single color or striped but it also lends itself to creating images using multiple color changes. Here are a couple of links.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-corner-corner-throw

http://www.1dogwoof.com/learn-c2c-crochet/

Oh Katy I am so thankful you made it through all that. I had a horrible feeling when you went missing.

Katy, so glad you are on the mend, at least we are here for the recovery part!

Love , Love the c2c

Spent last night and today babysitting  Wyatt and Ethan...goodness those two wee one keep me hopping

Sounds like you are doing much better, Katy!! Glad to see you on here today.

I've not done much the last two days, had to work. Lost my only 4.00 susan bates crochet hook somewhere around my crafting corner, but unable to find it anywhere! Mr Tribble bought the hook for me and it is my most used hook that I have! I am lost without it, plus being sentimental :( . Going to have to get a new one I guess.

Have a great night all... I need to share a picture of my crochet holder that I made! Quick and easy too!

Good Morning Everyone, I hate to keep bringing bad news. But I need prayers again. My Sister n Law has A1 Pneumonia. She went in hospital 2 days ago with bronchitis. I just found this morning it is Pneumonia.  That is the worst kind of it you can get. Please say a prayer for her. And 2 daughters. Thank you.      Arlene 

Lovin2crochet  Here is a picture of the last panel in progress.  I am 2 rows short of decreasing.  This may give you an idea of what it looks like.post-105-0-45253500-1488644523_thumb.jpg

It moves faster than a regular afghan.  I am still learning how to change colors, but I think I am doing ok.  When this is all put together, I will make a hedgehog to go with it.

Wow Katy what an ordeal you went thru.  You are the one who actually kept the thread going.

Well off to finish my panel and maybe I can put it together this weekend.

Snowbear, I am so sorry.... so much going on in the family...

MJ, love the raccoon tail... and goodness Brenda, do I need to make that race car now???

so many projects... so little time

Snowbear, I am so sorry.... so much going on in the family...

MJ, love the raccoon tail... and goodness Brenda, do I need to make that race car now???

so many projects... so little time

Lea that race car one would be great for how many grandsons do you have?

Love it the race car is adorable, but a little bigger than I make.  I am making baby baskets.  Love it though and looks like a lot of fun.

I still need some work on changing colors, but I think it is going good.  I am on the down side now, so we shall see how it goes.

good morning

not quite 40 outside,brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

this day will be semi relaxing,compared to the week coming up,especially 2 appts. for Jimmy in one day,I really dislike when that happens,Rene' says not exactly how she wanted to spend her birthday,well life happens,and you just have to roll with it,lol

I love all the animals you are crocheting Tampa Doll. They are so cute.

Everyone is still sleeping so I thought I would jump up here and say hi really fast .

I have a sick fur baby and he goes to see the doc tomorrow. It's been a night mare with him so I need to find a solution somehow.

Off to give him his medicine and try to get him to eat something.

Well somehow we have slid out of Feb into March so I checked our list back on page one. Our March birthdays are piscescrocheter72. For those of you that might not remember her she is pineknott's daughter. According to the list she is collecting 8 inchers any color but favorite colors are purple pink and blue. Then we have immafreek and she is collecting 6 inchers any size and any color. That brings us to our katyallen8090. According to the list she is collecting 6 or 8 inchers any pretty colors. Katy we are all glad to have you back and getting better. Our last March birthday is grannyannie and she was collecting 8 inchers any color. She doesnt check in much anymore due to her health.

Snowbear sorry your birthday month was filled with stress and sorrow. Our hearts and prayers are with you. Did you by chance get enough squares to finish your ghan and if not are you getting close?

Well Mary Jo maybe Lea will make the racecar one. She's got some grandsons to spoil. It did look like a neat boy one.

thanks Bgs,for the refresher on the birthdays,February kind of went by in a big blur

if anyone is sending to Rene'(piecescrocheter 72) pm me since she isn't getting on much and I will send her last name,she lives here at the house here,so addy is the same as mine

Well somehow we have slid out of Feb into March so I checked our list back on page one. Our March birthdays are piscescrocheter72. For those of you that might not remember her she is pineknott's daughter. According to the list she is collecting 8 inchers any color but favorite colors are purple pink and blue. Then we have immafreek and she is collecting 6 inchers any size and any color. That brings us to our katyallen8090. According to the list she is collecting 6 or 8 inchers any pretty colors. Katy we are all glad to have you back and getting better. Our last March birthday is grannyannie and she was collecting 8 inchers any color. She doesnt check in much anymore due to her health.

Snowbear sorry your birthday month was filled with stress and sorrow. Our hearts and prayers are with you. Did you by chance get enough squares to finish your ghan and if not are you getting close?

Well Mary Jo maybe Lea will make the racecar one. She's got some grandsons to spoil. It did look like a neat boy one.

3 , 3 grand baby boys in 3 years, not to mention our " adopted boys" who each had a boy ...  Adam was Jamie's friend and he has a son named Boone... Jamie ( my oldest) and Adam have been friends since school and now they live with in 5 miles of each other, but the cool part is  Adam is a left wheel tire changer for Joe Gibbs racing ( Nascar) so I think Boone, his son, and Jacob, Jamies son and my grandson, each need one of these!!!

3 , 3 grand baby boys in 3 years, not to mention our " adopted boys" who each had a boy ... Adam was Jamie's friend and he has a son named Boone... Jamie ( my oldest) and Adam have been friends since school and now they live with in 5 miles of each other, but the cool part is Adam is a left wheel tire changer for Joe Gibbs racing ( Nascar) so I think Boone, his son, and Jacob, Jamies son and my grandson, each need one of these!!!

Sounds like your to do list on the making gifts cal just got a little longer.

Carole c2c is short for corner to corner. The texture is nice when worked in a single color or striped but it also lends itself to creating images using multiple color changes. Here are a couple of links.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-corner-corner-throw

http://www.1dogwoof.com/learn-c2c-crochet/

Oh Katy I am so thankful you made it through all that. I had a horrible feeling when you went missing.

Thank you SO much, Brenda! :hug   I had a ball reading thru these sites and I'm anxious to give it a try!  What fun!

Got a couple of Granny Square packages mailed early last week, and gettin' ready to send another one tomorrow!  :manyheart   I know . . . I haven't been real good about getting them mailed out "before or on the birthdays", but I'm also trying to catch up on those I've missed earlier.  Last year was just blown away, so kinda had to start over for this year ~ ;)  I'm hoping to do better, tho.  I appreciate your patience with this ol' lady ~  :D 

Lovin2crochet  Here is a picture of the last panel in progress.  I am 2 rows short of decreasing.  This may give you an idea of what it looks like.attachicon.gifRaccoon001 (2).JPG

It moves faster than a regular afghan.  I am still learning how to change colors, but I think I am doing ok.  When this is all put together, I will make a hedgehog to go with it.

Wow Katy what an ordeal you went thru.  You are the one who actually kept the thread going.

Well off to finish my panel and maybe I can put it together this weekend.

You are doing so good, MaryJo!  I can hardly wait to give this a try!

Good Morning.

Brenda I love the patterns on the One Dog Woof.  I have saved the graphs for the Chinese zodiac.  They are so cool.

I love the race car afghan, shoot even Dh thought it was cool.

I have Grannieannie's address if anyone needs it.

60 this morning, but going into the high 70's low 80's.   Making the Baseball people happy.

Archived