Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hey all, quick stop in. It's only 8 and the kids are sound asleep!! Yay me, quiet time with my yarn!!! :rofl

Anywho, Sorry to hear owlvamp isn't well, as well as her furbaby.

Snowbear, the 'ghan looks great!

Katy,  :bday  :birthday  :birthday  :bday  :cake  Hope you have a great day!

Well, now off I go to visit Youtube for music and my yarn for some much needed stress relief!  :hug s all and good night!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and to Katy

Congrats on the roses.

May your day be filled with lots of Sunshine :sun 

May your have a day filled with lots of :manyheart  and :rofl

May you have the best day ever, and

May it continue thorough out the year.

:bday

I have not been on much as it has taken me 3 days to make the hair for the hedgehog.  Finally finished it last night, now I just have to sew it on.  This should be fun.

Off to do the taxes this morning.  I think I better brace myself with some coffee first.

good morning

only in the 40's,Sunday barely gracing the high 30's

yesterday some of the mint chocolate shake dripped on my medium wt. coat, ,I'll be in the heavier one tomorrow,so that was good timing to get it done.

Hi I finally finished the Harold and the afghan.

You can find the afghan here.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158757-animal-c2c-afghan/#entry2728129

Harold you can find here.http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158758-harold-the-hedgehog/#entry2728132

Dh was off today and we decided to go to the zoo. It was so warm I didnt need a jacket today but that dirty 4 letter word is in the forecast for Sat.

LoL ~ "rain" or "snow"??? :D  Looks like it could snow here.  It's hangin' in around 40* right now, and a low of 29* tonight ~ brrr.  I think the Lion and the Lamb are a bit confused, ya think? LoL

Glad to see you are back on Katy.

I just got an e-mail from Sandra (owlvamp)  She asked me to let you all know why she has not been here for a few days.  I have copied and I will paste her e-mail here:

I am sorry I haven't checked in.

I seriously have been exhausted and no energy to get on line these days.

My fur Baby Hercule's has been sick for quite sometime and when I think I got him where I want him nope something else. I'm all out of ideas and my heart is just so heavy.

Took him to the vet On Monday ran blood test and did an X-Ray. Everything came back good except his white blood count was a little high. He's on antibiotics and a naseua pill for he throws up some too. I thought again he was getting better and today won't eat nothing and threw up this morning. I am exhausted for he hasn't slept well either. Constantly up and down.

I probably won't be on for a little for all my attention has been trying to get him back to better health and by the time night gets here i'm just to tired myself and fighting migraines again which is taking a toll on me. I had a lot pain in my chest where I thought I was having a heart attack. I'm sure the stress I am under and trying to just go with the flow. So please let everyone know I am thinking of them and will try to check in as soon as I can. Just didn't want to disappear and no one knows.

I'll be back just need to get things under control here. Thanks

Let's keep her in our thoughts and hope she gets things together soon so she can get back.

That we'll do, MaryJo.  Sure hope things get better for Owlvamp/Sandra!  Maybe her furbaby has this cold virus that's hitting us humans??  My kitty, Trixie, caught a bit of it last week from our being sick I guess, too.  She's doing better now.  I don't think viruses care whether your animal or human, they just latch on to whoever is weakest at the time.

Will hold her up in prayer, too.   :hug  for Sandra dear!

This weather has surely been awful with all the highs and lows!  We had beautiful weather in the 70's, and even a day just over 80* earlier this week.  But then night before we got hit with a thunder storm and marble-sized hail . . . covered the ground completely!  By that evening it bounced back up to about 70* ~ :reyes  Today looks like, and feels like, it could SNOW!  It's so icky looking outside, just a good day to sit and crochet, and sip on my coffee.  (not that I have any "pressing" things to do, right? :lol  I just have to fit those in.)

If it's okay?  I'd like to share a bit of news, too.  My dght, who had pretty well cut us off for about 25 yrs now (since she was about 19 yrs old), showed up at our house 2 days ago for a visit!  We had just gotten back from the store and there was a car sitting in our drive.  I couldn't believe it!  I've only seen her 5 times, I think, over these years, and have only seen her 3 kids twice (her oldest is 21 yrs old now!!).  All I can say is, God answers prayer ~ :c9   There was some awful stuff she had gone thru, which I didn't have a full understanding of, but I'm thankful that she was wanting to have a mother-daughter talk and try to rebuild our relationship.  It's been terrible, not being able to help your child or know how to.  I'm so thankful that we both are on the healing side of becoming "mother and daughter" again ~  :yay   It was SO good to hear "I love you, Mom!"

The only advice I can give anyone is, don't give up on that wayward child . . . keep the door open, always, so that they know they can "come home".  And be patient!  :yes

This weather has surely been awful with all the highs and lows!  We had beautiful weather in the 70's, and even a day just over 80* earlier this week.  But then night before we got hit with a thunder storm and marble-sized hail . . . covered the ground completely!  By that evening it bounced back up to about 70* ~ :reyes  Today looks like, and feels like, it could SNOW!  It's so icky looking outside, just a good day to sit and crochet, and sip on my coffee.  (not that I have any "pressing" things to do, right? :lol  I just have to fit those in.)

If it's okay?  I'd like to share a bit of news, too.  My dght, who had pretty well cut us off for about 25 yrs now (since she was about 19 yrs old), showed up at our house 2 days ago for a visit!  We had just gotten back from the store and there was a car sitting in our drive.  I couldn't believe it!  I've only seen her 5 times, I think, over these years, and have only seen her 3 kids twice (her oldest is 21 yrs old now!!).  All I can say is, God answers prayer ~ :c9   There was some awful stuff she had gone thru, which I didn't have a full understanding of, but I'm thankful that she was wanting to have a mother-daughter talk and try to rebuild our relationship.  It's been terrible, not being able to help your child or know how to.  I'm so thankful that we both are on the healing side of becoming "mother and daughter" again ~  :yay   It was SO good to hear "I love you, Mom!"

The only advice I can give anyone is, don't give up on that wayward child . . . keep the door open, always, so that they know they can "come home".  And be patient!  :yes

My Mom always told us, don't interfere, don't give advice unless asked for and basically be there when they need you.

So happy for you Carole.  That is so great.

I'm still in a daze about dght's visit, but I just keep thanking the Lord for (hopefully) working this out.  I was so optimistic when she had asked if her and her family could come down for a visit sometime . . . "Of course you can!" :manyheart   I'm just glad she gave both of us a 2nd chance to reconnect and sort out all the misunderstandings and such.  It's been such a blessing, for sure.

Hey all, quick drop in while I'm still cohearent. The virus thing tends to be worse in the evenings, go figure...

I swear, some of you ladies have got to live really close to me! We had the crazy weather earlier this week or this past weekend (I can't remember which it was  :reyes  ), we've got rain now after an absolutely beautiful day out, and then it clouded over, started thundering, and now raining. Plus we have snow on the way Saturday. Definitely happy to hear that everyone who was caught in the last storms path is good tho! Hopefully, this round won't get worse...

Loven2crochet, I got your package! I love the squares! Thank you! :c9 

Anywho, I'm going to hop back off here and hope my nose stays not quite so stuffed up. Have a great evening all!  :hug s

You're welcome, Katie ~ :hug

Carole that is great news about your daughter.

Mary Jo Harold and the afghan are so cute.

Katy you had this birthday and hope you had a good day

Well we did get enough snow the grass is white but the roads are ok

Carole, that's wonderful news!

We haven't had any sticking snow since before Christmas, and now they are predicting snow Sunday night, about 3-6 inches and possible lake effect on top of it! I am so ready for Spring Break in Florida!

Happy Birthday Katy!!  :bday

I sure hope Sandra feels better, I have been so busy lately I have not been able to treat her to lunch ( we live about an hour from each other) sounds like she needs a rescue soon..

MJ.. love love the blanket and hedge hog..

Pineknott,  how did the PT go?

Carole, I almost cried.... what a blessing!!

Today we took Josh and his girlfriend  to Richmond for the day, since his IED attack in Iraq it has been a downward spiral with his PTSD.... this year he has been trying harder to get things under control, take more interest in things... today was so fun, Just like our old Josh....

Quite content today.... :manyheart

Lea,

this was another eval,to restart the PT,the other person kind of wrote him off after 4 visits,the fellow had a hard time understanding Jimmy,so he is also putting in a request for speech therapy,I 'm not good at trying to figuring what he is saying,I'm thinking he is even further in this dementia trap than Bill's mom is at,there comes a time when they lose speech,he is ony 53,but his mom also had it.

good morning all

didn't know I'd be the last and first post over night.

Lea,is your son eligible for a service dog to calm him?

I notice the spring time change is the one that bothers me most,I feel all fuzzy headed and darn it constantly yawning,okay second coffee sitting in front of me

hi all cloudy and grey here today. too.

i did have a good b day and thank ou for he good wishes.

my i pad didnt charge for a couple days so asked daughter if that meaans a new battery and sh said 95 percent of the ime its not plugged in right at one en or another ori need a new cord. so we checked connections and this am iam back to 100% battery so she was right on!,

good about your daughter carole. i dont know what i would do without mine for

sure.

ok hope you all enjoy your days. ill bbl

Update on my Sister in Law. She is over the  pneumonia. She is now up walking down the hall of hospital. Eating good. They may release her Monday. Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate you all. Thank you for liking my blanket. I just need to about 6 more row and it will be done. And it is very pretty. Thank you all. Can I crochet anyone some squares? Please let me know what colors.

Lea glad you had a good day with your son. I hope he keeps moving back towards being the person you knew as your son. I dont know how people go through what he went through and ever have a chance at being ok but if anything would do it it would be a mama's love and prayers. It does sound like Sandra could use an escape life for a bit lunch with you.

Linda sorry to hear that Jimmy may have slipped further into dementia. I have a harder time with the spring time change too.

Snowbear glad your sis is doing better. There is a list on page 1 with everyone's square requests. We have some months coming up later in the year with no birthdays so maybe some of us could make you some more squares then to get you finished.

Katy glad you had a good birthday. Daughter is so spot on about the plug in thing. I have learned I really must watch that with my phone.

The snow melted and even though it is above freezing today it is cloudy and the wind is cold.

Carol, that's great news about your daughter! 

Snowbear, great news about your SIL (?). I read it, but now can't remember your relation (I blame it on being sick)

I'm not doing too much around here today, just making a pot of chicken soup (finally...I've been saying all week that I'm going to make it). Other than that, I think I'm just going to play with my yarn. None of us are feeling good yet, and DH is finally coming down with the hard part of it. The kids almost seem like they're starting to get over it. I hope so, but it's worse in the evening for them, so I suppose we'll see if tonight is any better than last night.

Well, I better get off here. It's almost time to check the meat again. Hope you all have a great Sunday!  :hug s!

Mary Jo that is an adorable hedgehog!

I have a hedgehog on my list of things to crochet. I want to make a regular colored one and a pokemon shaymin colored one.

post-73457-0-12574200-1489365149.jpg

Hey Here is a picture of my blanket so far. attachicon.gifDSCF0013.JPG

It is about 4" x 5". It i is big enough for a throw blanket. And it is so pretty. Thanks everyone for the squares.

Snowbear, that is so pretty. Looking great!

LoL ~ "rain" or "snow"??? :D  Looks like it could snow here.  It's hangin' in around 40* right now, and a low of 29* tonight ~ brrr.  I think the Lion and the Lamb are a bit confused, ya think? LoL

It's staying cold right now as well. I have decided that the lion and the lamb are having a knock down, drag out... LOL :box  :goodorbad

Linda, I can tell you aphasia was one of the first signs my mom had dementia, communication is still a problem

Did I tell you all I went to visit mom and she has herself a boyfriend???  goodness she is a bout as happy as a clam at high tide..

Josh is at 60% disability with the VA... he has two dogs that are his heart, Bella, a great dane and Ares a Rottie... he had  Midnight who was his buddy's dog ( the one that dies in Iraq during their explosion), but Midnight got hit by a car... I think that added to his  episode in Iraq, his ex partner on the police force killed him self and his wife leaving two children in Dec.   It took a toll, but hopefully he is on an upward trend... one day at a time...

I was not on yesterday, making squares.  I now have them all ready to go out.

Katie, I do hope the Chicken Soup helps.  Maybe this storm that is making it's way across the country, will help with the germs.  My Mom always said a good snow storm will get rid of the germs.  Ah the Irish in her once in a while came out.

Wow Lea, a boyfriend?  As long as she is happy, that is so cool.  Glad to hear that Josh is moving along. 

Daphne love your little hedgehog picture.  Now he is adorable.  There are lots of patterns for hedgehogs out there.

Everything is packed up and just waiting to be shipped up to NJ.  I may add a couple of more things.

Cloudy and suppose to be maybe some scattered rain today.

This was one busy weekend here.  In St. Pete, they had a Nascar race.  They blocked off some streets and ran the cars like the one in France?  Then just about 5 minutes from here was the Valspar Golf tournament.  We had busses going up and down the street behind the house to the parking they had at the middle school.  Saturday Night they had a concert that featured Toby Keith and it was said you could here it even outside the golf course.  So if anyone saw the Valspar Gulf Tournament on TV, that was 5 minutes away from me.

Now besides all that we have Spring Training and Spring Breakers.  It sure is Spring here.

Have a great day and lots of hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived