Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everyone.

Tribble, I was reading something about people painting rocks in Ohio and just putting them back anywhere so they will brighten others day.  Is that what you all are doing with the rocks?

Katy glad to hear you are getting stronger everyday.

Not much going on here.  Another day of rain, but that is ok, we need it.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

We are planning on doing this with some of the rocks. And I know some artists just trade rocks/ or do swaps. Right now I am working on a cactus group of rocks for myself. I kill all of my cactuses, so this one I can't kill! LOL

hi all

sounds like a nice shoping time. CArol and grandbaby time too!!!

my daughte kr also used to piaint rocks. Some of her best best ones i still have. It is arose for mothers sY once and it looks like a professional artist. she haa lways painted from canvas to rocks and everything in between!

mj you are getting some warm weather here soon. we are just on the outer bound of storm Quid so far rain which turned to ice and now just lightly snowing.

2nd dr follow up went well and he is signedoff too then one more next week and that is it for a while.

my appetite is still not good but will improve i hope soon

gotta go hope you all are well and happy❌⭕❌⭕❤♥♥.

I always loved to paint as well, and so does Little tribble! He is loving painting as well.

Update on Brother in law- He passed away today at 2:30 Thank you all for all your prayers. My sister still needs your prayers.

Sorry to hear! :hug

arlene, so very sorry to hear of BIL... prayers will continue... I sent a pkg out to you yesterday!

spent the day yesterday at My son and DIL house ( grandbabies a bonus)... she had this party where every one paints a board and then has vinyls to put on them and then they do different techniques to make it into a plaque.  I made 2. It was fun being with a bunch of ladies.  Another one of my DIls was there too ...

Then had dinner with the inlaws. MIL seems to be handling her infusions fairly well...

Love this weather, but as a country girl, that means more ticks and chiggers this year I really do not like ticks and chiggers....

Hi all. Just popping in real quick for now. Work kicked my butt this week but last night wS especially rough. Got there at 430pm and didn't get a break until an hour before I left at 10ish. Had to do our usual locker roo

Cleaning plus setting up and tearing down for the daddy daughter dance. Good grief Charlie Brown.

Snowbear, I'm sorry for your loss.

It's been a busy weekend and I'm a little tired. I had a sewing guild luncheon yesterday, then went to my daughter's house. Today we were up and out early for a charity walk/event for the hospital where my daughter works. And now I'm ready to rest a bit.

Snowbear, I'm so very sorry for your loss!!

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy here! I am too I suppose but not much hooking happening. Just working all week. Life is about to get busier but that's ok, I don't mind. Yesterday DH and I went to the live broadcast of the MET. The opera was Dvorak's Rusalka. I love Dvorak and opera so pretty much a win win for me! Loved every minute of it!!

I'm on vacation this week from school. Not much on the official agenda, cleaning, studying, rehearsals, church stuff, lesson planning and so on. Today I'm sitting with some yarn on my lap that I really want to use but not sure what shape it will take yet. I wanted to color pool it but, after some research, that won't work with this yarn so...back to the drawing board.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday/week.

Lea the craft party sounded like fun. I am with you on the ticks and chiggars. Dh hates the cold and dreams of moving somewhere like FL. I try to put a positive spin on it and tell him the cold keeps the bugs at bay. When I visited FL the cockroaches were so big you could ride them. His reply is those are palmetto bugs you saw and I say looked like roaches to me.

Charis glad you checked in. I enjoy hearing about others interests and hobbies. Dh likes a very wide range of music including opera( me not so much) If someone were to look at our musical collection I am afraid they might conclude we were schizoid---classical, bagpipe, blue grass,taiko drums, pan flute, Disney sound tracks, polka,country/western and HIS Russian monk chant cd(I drew the line there he has to listen to that one with his head phones)

I have finished sevaral scarves using my knifty knitter loom. I have started on squares for our March birthdays but keep getting side tracked making the mini stockings for Warmth for Warriors. I don't know why but working on them makes me happy.

Palmettos are roaches, red ones and they fly when they want to.  They can also run like hell.

We have tubes in the walls, that every 3 months they put bug stuff in them and it goes through out the house and it kills them.

I have not seen any except for outside in years.

All areas, have yucky things.  Hey don't forget our gators. :rofl 

Well Mary Jo I will remember that next time we have that debate. Those were some of the biggest bugs I had ever seen. I knew about the gators but hadnt thought about huge bugs. You might know from my two trips to FL that what I remember first was the huge bugs. We did see a couple of gators in the Everglades. My niece was pretty little and insisted that we stop and walk the section to see if I am remembering correctly the biggest mahogany tree. The skeeters were so bad she ran right by it. Then there was the swimming pool full of some kind of beetles. We made it to Disney World and Epcot, Sea World, thru the Everglades and down the Keys and the first thing I remember are the bugs.

Quick check in. I got some awesome squares from Lovin2crochet!!! They are so fun and lovely. I adore them. Thank you so much!!!!... Off to add a picture.post-73457-0-70719900-1488157534_thumb.jpg

Good Morning everyone.  Quite cool this morning 66, but it will get into the 80's today.  Not complaining one bit.  Anyone who came down this week is having great weather.

Hey Brenda, remember your aversion of bugs, when it is 80 here and you are in the 30's or lower. :devil 

The Fox is done for the afghan.  I have 2 more to make, but I am waiting for the yarn.  I had to order it, as the stores did not carry the colors I needed in the yarn I am using.  Hey any excuse to order yarn.

Got a friend coming over to do some yard work and we also have to call someone to come and look at the pool pump.  We don't think it is working right.

Oh another fun day in paradise.

All weekend we dug holes for poles and filled in holes that the dogs dug. That's a life time doing for I'm sure I'll have more holes to fill up than I will be digging holes. Finished putting up the privacy fence so hopefully it will keep cats out and my fur babies in. Couple of them will jump the fence if they see a cat and try to get it. We've had to rescue a cat twice out of the back yard I don't think the third time it will be so lucky.....

We cleaned in the house a little bit after outside but honestly was just to dang tired. It will be here all week for me to piddle at.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Snowbear I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers your way. Hope sister is doing as good as she can right now. Take care dear and just be there for her. She will need you more than ever now.

wow missed a lot.

first of all arlene so sorry for your familys loss.

and have seen some pretty squares yp there!,

mj are the fox and the owl going i to a ghan?.

the fox is adorable!,

meme

and heres hoping mil is doing well with the infusions i was constantly bein nauseated after each one so pretty much 24/7 for over a month steady. miserable.

i missed what she needed infusions for though. usually a very serious infection

lacey hi friend!,

welcome charis glad to have you.

are we doing what month now and who have i missed in jan and feb??

and are we going through the list posted?? lol ii have lost track!

brenda and annie thank you for the good wihes and the cards too!!

im typed out now will be back soon!!❌⭕❌⭕♥❤

Mary Jo I really like the fox. So how big are these squares? I do remind myself when its cold here its keeping the bugs at bay plus giving us a 5 to 6 month break from mowing. 80 is starting to get on the hot side for me. I love the days that start with a slight chill and then warms up to around 75°.

Sandra sounds like lots of hard labor. The fence should keep your dogs in but the cats will probably jump up on the fence.

Yes Katy we have been using the list and trying to carry on as best we could without you. We really missed you. In Jan we celebrated Tampa Doll howieann and Tribble79 birthdays by sending them squares cards or other surprises. This month we have been sending Snowbear birthday squares. Did you notice Viking made it back and worried about you with us? Did you see Lacey's Jade had her first birthday? Charis has joined us. I let Ann know about you. There were others outside our little group that made squares for your afghan. Apak would have sent squares also but since she is in Poland they wouldn't have made it in time for Sandra to get your afghan to you before Valentine's day. It was great seeing that so many wanted to help.

Yes, we did have some from outside the group.  I was conversing with Peggy85225 and she wanted to help.

Katy there at 4 animals included in the afghan.  Each one has it's own panel.  They are hedgehog, fox, owl and raccoon.  Each panel is 16x16.

I just got my lavender yarn in, so the next one will be the owl.

Fell today and messed up my right knee ad 2 toes on my right foot.  I was walking out with our friend to show him what I needed trimmed.  My foot hit the edge of the sidewalk and the grass and down I went.  My right knee is scrapped up and 2 toes on the right foot are black and blue.  They hit the sidewalk and the other hit the grass.  Yet another day in the life of clumsy me. 

Off to make dinner and then sit and watch some TV.

Hello.

Mary Jo, the fox is adorable and I hope you heal quickly from your fall.

Not much going on here. I went to work and then shopping for some new pants, I don't like clothes shopping but I've gained weight and none of my pants are fitting any more. I was suppose to have the baby this afternoon/evening but my daughter started running a fever and sore throat last night so they both stayed home today. That's about it for me, have a great evening.

Yes, we did have some from outside the group.  I was conversing with Peggy85225 and she wanted to help.

Katy there at 4 animals included in the afghan.  Each one has it's own panel.  They are hedgehog, fox, owl and raccoon.  Each panel is 16x16.

I just got my lavender yarn in, so the next one will be the owl.

Fell today and messed up my right knee ad 2 toes on my right foot.  I was walking out with our friend to show him what I needed trimmed.  My foot hit the edge of the sidewalk and the grass and down I went.  My right knee is scrapped up and 2 toes on the right foot are black and blue.  They hit the sidewalk and the other hit the grass.  Yet another day in the life of clumsy me. 

Off to make dinner and then sit and watch some TV.

I love the woodland animals afghan, MaryJo!  It's going to be beautiful when you get it finished.  Was it a freebie pattern?

I'm sorry to hear you fell.  Especially when the toes get banged!  I managed to smack my 2nd toe after rounding the bed too close a couple of wks ago.  Yep, I know all about clumsy, too ~ LoL  As for me, gettin' older sure affects the balance most times.  Hope you heal up soon.

Carole :)

Archived