Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

katiebug h yesi have had that cold. it gets better but takes a while so i feel for you. dont overdo and rest when your body tells you to

and to have a housefful sick too is awful. my sympathies and best wiahes for you and your familys fast recovery. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

I didn't realize how long I've been gone, life has been keeping me busy. I don't know if I'll get caught up on everything but I'll try. Have a great evening everyone.

i am also going to try catcing up carol lol. good luck to us both.

All is well up here. Got over a foot of snow in 24hours. The wind was crazy! A bunch of people lost power but we didn't.

I'll catch up with you later. Bed time

Evening all, I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish drying before I can finally go (back) to bed...otherwise DS won't have clean pants for school tomorrow  :lol .....ok, and an almost-midnight snack of raman noodles  :D 

Katy, we've had it off and on all winter, especally DD. She's had it the worst this year. Gets over it, and a few weeks later, it's back again. I think I need to take her to an allergist or something. I think DS brought it home again or something this time. He started with it and about a week later the rest of us got it. But yeah, it does seem to be taking forever to get over it again.

Charis, glad to hear you're doing ok in all that weather! Stay warm in all that craziness!

Well, I'm going to get off here and have my snack and check the laundry. Hope you're all having a nice night!  :hug s

I was not on yesterday, making squares.  I now have them all ready to go out.

Katie, I do hope the Chicken Soup helps.  Maybe this storm that is making it's way across the country, will help with the germs.  My Mom always said a good snow storm will get rid of the germs.  Ah the Irish in her once in a while came out.

Wow Lea, a boyfriend?  As long as she is happy, that is so cool.  Glad to hear that Josh is moving along. 

Daphne love your little hedgehog picture.  Now he is adorable.  There are lots of patterns for hedgehogs out there.

Everything is packed up and just waiting to be shipped up to NJ.  I may add a couple of more things.

Cloudy and suppose to be maybe some scattered rain today.

This was one busy weekend here.  In St. Pete, they had a Nascar race.  They blocked off some streets and ran the cars like the one in France?  Then just about 5 minutes from here was the Valspar Golf tournament.  We had busses going up and down the street behind the house to the parking they had at the middle school.  Saturday Night they had a concert that featured Toby Keith and it was said you could here it even outside the golf course.  So if anyone saw the Valspar Gulf Tournament on TV, that was 5 minutes away from me.

Now besides all that we have Spring Training and Spring Breakers.  It sure is Spring here.

Have a great day and lots of hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I love the pokemon shaymin... He's the cutest hedgehog!

hi again. as a newlydiagnosed diabetic im learnig ehat ia ok to eat and what to not eat. it se. ems. daunting a task.

i was therefor thinking bout a thread fo diabetic comments or tips and tricks. it would help me i know to knoow some of the things others could share with us. not sure it would be appropriate for the ville but asking you all what you think. its just a thought at this time so let me know ok thanks.

i just had to look up popcorn lol as i am having some now and it seems ok for the diabetic. good lol

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant but haven't had it otherwise. I even had to do the insulin shots. It was  neverending battle. Mr Tribble is diabetic and we have him in a good place. His levels have been where they are supposed to be for around 2 years now. He is on Farxiga and metformin.

Been incredibly cold here. It was 16 yesterday and 32 at the highest. I am done with the cold. Ready to go out and enjoy nice pretty warm weather at the lake ;)

Havn't been crocheting a lot. I am currently putting together flat rat bookmarks that I have crocheted. I really adore these!!! So awesome. I made my Chihuahua a sweater but that was a mess! I ripped it out multiple times. Finally gave up using an actual pattern and just went by feel. It is a little large in the belly but It actually turned out okay! I might have to make her another one now that I have my own "pattern". I had planned on making sweaters for a friends dog but don't think I will do that. I am going to go the easy way out and maker her doggies matching snoods and maybe a toy. And I finished up the hook holder and a dragon scarf for a friend. Nothing big on the hook right now. I am missing working on my graphghans. Might have to pick another one to make. I just can't decide what!

Have a wonderful day all.

Katy it's so nice to see your lovely posts back in here. Am so glad you are doing better!!!

good afternoon

finished up the book on cd,so Bill could drop it off to the library on his way to the home,had plenty of time on it till someone else decided they wanted it,then I had to speed listen to three discs to ger it done,it was The Apartment by Danielle Steel

hi all. was at least warmer and sunny out today a welcome change from the last week or so.

quiet day here so nothing newto tell you. glad people in the northeast are checking in and surviving Stella!, that must be horrible. all that snow.

well thats it for now hope all is well wiyh you ll.

hi all. was at least warmer and sunny out today a welcome change from the last week or so.

quiet day here so nothing newto tell you. glad people in the northeast are checking in and surviving Stella!, that must be horrible. all that snow.

We've been doing good here!  Staying busy making Granny Squares ~ :hook   Can't believe this weather, either!  After such Spring-like warm and sunny days, we ended up getting hit with a hail storm last week Thursday ~ marble-sized and covering the ground!  Stayed cold for the next 3-4 days, but warm weather is back in the forecast, in the 60's and up! :yay

I guess everyone has gotten their clocks set forward now, too?  LOVE the longer days, just want WARMER days continually ~ :yes   Gonna be working some more on birthday granny squares for the rest of this month, and then back to my Log Cabin crocheted afghan . . . gittin' 'er done, eventually.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far, and enjoying any warm days the Lord sends our way ~ :manyheart   Happy Crocheting!

Good Morning.

How are all my friends up North.  My family in South Jersey got lucky and did not get the big snow they were suppose to get.

Cold down here today.  Got up it was 53 and tonight we are going to get close to freezing.  Lots of clouds.

Well I spent yesterday working on another doll.  This one is called Ester and she is decked out in her Easter finest.

attachicon.gifBaby Ester001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifBaby Ester004 (2).JPGattachicon.gifBelle & Ester.JPG

Now I am working on their sister Violet

Mary Jo, your little dolls are so cute!  I can hardly wait for one of these days I hope to knit.  Haven't had a chance to get back to it as yet.

We've had a cold snap this past few days, even got a dusting of snow Wednesday ~ yay!  Last week Thursday we got hit with a hail storm, too, with marble-sized hail!  It's suppose to start warming up, again, into the 60's and higher for this next week or so, but we will see.  This evening the wind was blowing rather strangely, so we're always on the lookout for tornadoes around here.

Good Morning.

No internet yesterday.  We needed a new WIFI thingy.  We had to wait till 1 for the tech to come to the house.  Took a couple of hours, by the time he hooked it up and put in all the passwords and such.

Thank you about the dolls.  They are knitted with size 2 needles and size 1 yarn.  Very thin yarn.  It came with the kit. 

The only good thing about no internet, was a I got last outfit knitted.  Now I just have to sew it together.

Cold again this morning about 44 when I got up.

Have a fun day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Last night we watched Darby O Gill and the Little People with a very young Sean Connery. Next up is John Wayne's The Quiet Man. Corned beef and cabbage is on the evening menu. I could do without the corned beef but dh really likes it. The KC parade will start in about an hour and I can watch it on tv.

good morning/afternoon!,

i got two goodies in the mail today!! mary jo i love the squares!, they are so pretty and i lov pastels!! i may make more and get a ghan going lol yhank you so much!!

post-40621-0-64225100-1489767840_thumb.jpg

and arlene thank you too for the cookbook for diabetics!! handy already took that. to look thrugh so cant take a pic but is just so really appreciated!! i wish you would let me pay the postage though thank you!!

so my mornng was good so far!,lol

i have some squares done too for some of you but want to go through my box of squares i had don before i got sick but i think i can catch up a bit whenever i can get in there and look through some things. its slow going but ts going. see!!

not much but its a start. my crochet muscles memories came right back!!! i can still make grannys!!!

lol

post-40621-0-33837400-1489768438_thumb.jpg

So glad you liked the squares.  I know you like blue and green, but I think your list said pretty colors.  You girls are really helping me with my small balls of yarn.

I finished both the purple doll and the last dolls I was making.  The last one was a bunny.  Here is where you can see them all.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158798-easter-baby-collection-heavy-pictures/

Have a fun day.

good morning/afternoon!,

i got two goodies in the mail today!! mary jo i love the squares!, they are so pretty and i lov pastels!! i may make more and get a ghan going lol yhank you so much!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

and arlene thank you too for the cookbook for diabetics!! handy already took that. to look thrugh so cant take a pic but is just so really appreciated!! i wish you would let me pay the postage though thank you!!

so my mornng was good so far!,lol

i have some squares done too for some of you but want to go through my box of squares i had don before i got sick but i think i can catch up a bit whenever i can get in there and look through some things. its slow going but ts going. see!!

not much but its a start. my crochet muscles memories came right back!!! i can still make grannys!!!

lol

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's voondebah (wonderful) ~ :hug   See? we knew you would be on the road to recovery, girl!  SO glad you are doing better, and hope the worse is behind you now. :cheer Your squares are beeeautiful!

Happy St Patty's Day to you, and everyone here ~ :ghug 

ohhh bgs!! got squares from you too,,

i love the post work!!! and the varigated makes me want to have hany drag in that basket too!! thankyou!

i also have a pretty sunflower that is around a tea candle that blinks like a real candle!! thank you !! i wasnt expecting any

after receiving that lovely. ghan from you all. so was a pleasant surprise,,

❌⭕️❌⭕️

post-40621-0-23134300-1489788837_thumb.jpg

It's not too bad here but a bunch of people on the other side of the river in Maine lost power big time. Thankfully all I got was sore shoulders! My family in NE were telling me that you guys haven't gotten much snow this year. I think that makes my mom happy but not my 3 nephews. :lol

Quick check in. This week has been absolutely nuts! Extra choir rehearsals, and performances! Ack! Performing Beethovens 9th tomorrow and Sunday.

Good Morning.

Not much going on here. This is first weekend in 4 or 5 weeks that I haven't had plans to go any place, so I am going to enjoy the day relaxing on the sofa and stitching. Have a great weekend!

Katy glad you liked your squares and daisy light. Its good to see you working on squares again too.

Charis glad you didnt lose electricity. One ice storm several years ago we wound up without electricity for 7 days. I learned I was getting too old to rough it.

We have an appreciation dinner for the districts firefighters and families to attend this evening. I dont like going. You never know when their radios will go off and if they will be running off to the station to respond to a call. If dh goes I go too because then at least I will be at the station with our car. You never know how long they will be out.

Archived