Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good morning

39 yesterday,58 for today,this has been a roller coaster couple of months weather wise,Spring Ahead this weekend,yea I'll have more light and can drive later in the day.at dusk I'm off the road for other people's safety

enjoy the day

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Rocky the Raccoon.  He will now be joined with the other 3 animals.  Thought you might like to see him and the hedgehog I am making to go with it.

post-105-0-31895400-1488814126_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-98690500-1488814134_thumb.jpg

Carole we are glad you are back and take time to visit with us. Your squares are appreciated any time you get them sent. Thats the beauty of this its when ever and what ever works for you. I liked when we started focusing on someone monthly because it has kept me continually crocheting for the longest period in my life. In the past I have stopped for many years at a time. I like the texture of c2cs and they are pretty easy to do in solids or stripes. I have a lot of admiration for those that do any sort of picture ghan keeping all those bobbins untangled. My first and so far only attempt was in thread and took me forever. If it wasnt for a special person and occassion I would have given up.

Mary Jo I guess the first pixel one I noticed was a Christmas one and then I saw the zodiac one. There are all kinds of graphs out there for those perler beads that would work really well for c2c. I thought a lot of boys big and little would like the race car one.

Linda its been roller coaster weather here too. The wind has been pretty bad the last few days too.

Mary Jo Harold is adorable and is perfect to go along with this ghan. I think these woodland creature blocks are really neat and there are a lot of possibilities on how to use them and put them together. They are a good size for a pillow. Use more squares to make a larger ghan--- either animals or mix in solid squares and for someone that likes owls just put owl blocks in it. I love it when patterns lend themselves to so much versitility.

Linda glad the back to backs got changed. I really hate listening to the wind howl like it has been. You have to watch that it doesnt rip doors (car and house) out of your hand or shut them back on you. It also dries things out more and with the dry winter they have declared us in early drought condtions. We have been having a lot of grass fires.

thanks Bgs,for the refresher on the birthdays,February kind of went by in a big blur

if anyone is sending to Rene'(piecescrocheter 72) pm me since she isn't getting on much and I will send her last name,she lives here at the house here,so addy is the same as mine

Linda, can you "pm" me your addy for Rene' / PiscesCrocheter72 so I can get her some squares sent?  Thanks.  I'm on a roll now ~ LoL :D

Here is Rocky the Raccoon.  He will now be joined with the other 3 animals.  Thought you might like to see him and the hedgehog I am making to go with it.

attachicon.gifRaccoon.JPGattachicon.gifHarold Hedgehog.jpg

Wow!  MaryJo, you are really kicking out those c2c squares, girl!  I love the racoon!  And you little Hedge Hog is adorable, too (gotta get me one of those!).  He looks like a chia plant ~ LoL

Carole we are glad you are back and take time to visit with us. Your squares are appreciated any time you get them sent. Thats the beauty of this its when ever and what ever works for you. I liked when we started focusing on someone monthly because it has kept me continually crocheting for the longest period in my life. In the past I have stopped for many years at a time. I like the texture of c2cs and they are pretty easy to do in solids or stripes. I have a lot of admiration for those that do any sort of picture ghan keeping all those bobbins untangled. My first and so far only attempt was in thread and took me forever. If it wasnt for a special person and occassion I would have given up.

Mary Jo I guess the first pixel one I noticed was a Christmas one and then I saw the zodiac one. There are all kinds of graphs out there for those perler beads that would work really well for c2c. I thought a lot of boys big and little would like the race car one.

Linda its been roller coaster weather here too. The wind has been pretty bad the last few days too.

Thanks, Brenda.  We're feeling much better now since our colds are going away, finally!

I like doing the birthday months, too, to focus on individuals each month.  Good idea! :)

I hadn't thought about doing the c2c in thread . . . great idea!  I love working in thread, cotton and yarns any size/weight.  I may have to get the Zoodiac Animal graph pattern to make for my two grandsons.  I haven't checked out the race car one, so #1 grandson might especially like that one ~ :)

We're about to blow away around here, too!  Yesterday and today!  Can't beat the temps, tho . . . in the upper 60's!  Yay!  A few days ago we had a major grass fire in one of the farmer's fields.  You could see the flames from it about a mile away!

Hope everyone is having a great day . . . Spring is a comin'! :D

Good Morning.

Brenda I love the patterns on the One Dog Woof.  I have saved the graphs for the Chinese zodiac.  They are so cool.

I love the race car afghan, shoot even Dh thought it was cool.

I have Grannieannie's address if anyone needs it.

60 this morning, but going into the high 70's low 80's.   Making the Baseball people happy.

Please send GrannieAnnie's addy to me, too ~ :)

Hi Brenda! yes you are right. i didnt feel good for at least a couple months befroe and was not getting any better. when i quit eating much dandy and daughter ganged up on me and the squad was here before i could even put shoes on.

❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥.

i knew it was inevitable but also knew i would be there a while and i hAted that idea.

they put me in a room almost right away and then started all the tests and the mri ' and x rays, heart tests cat scans and th numerous tubes of blood for lab

the second day they found a serios infection that deemed surgery first of three to remove the infection from my foot where it started. the got it out and put me on oral and infusion by pic line antibiotics

then i think th nex day had to go in and close wound as she l eft. it open to drain and then. the next day they decided to install stints to

supply more of a blood supply to te lower extremities so it coulld heal faster. all in all im minus a couple of toes i guess it was vital to get thsinfection all out so had to stay in the hosp for awhle as one of thests showed i had diabetis as well as was retaining so much fluid from the infection they had to monitor that as well !! they then put me on insulin shots to bring blood sugar down and i now take a couple pills for that but last check my liver heart,and kidneys are perfect!!

im very lucky as more than. one of the team of doctorsi had all told me at one time or anoter that waiting even anothe day or two i may not have recovered a all. so eight weeks after the foot surgery with wrapped foot no weight bearing on that side oot or leg was the hard part.

now the stitches are out and i can begin to put some weight on it but that leg is still weak from non use so it will take me a week or so to get that strong so am waiti g patiently lol

. my.daufther has. ordered me a rolllator type walker to help with that weak leg and is coming tomorrow. and then i will begin the real work!! im looking forward to moving about more around the house and getting beck to being me. my wheel chair wont go through the door in the craft room but once i can use tha walker ill be able to get in there! handy did bring in my med to small ball basket so when i am ready. watch out.

i will continue this story as it goes.i know i owe much of my recooping aand healing to all of you for which in. my darkest days you cheered me and and showedyour love caring and brightened my dark times and delighed me on my good days,with you cards and letters and posts you dont realize how much that means to me. i felt i should have shared this with you sooner but found it difficult to even type about for a long time. thanks for Being patient it felt good to share with all my good friends. later and have a wonderful healthful day today,

Wow!  Katy!  You were really going thru it!  I am SO glad everything is going well now, tho, and you are trying to get better.  Have to like those surprises, heh?  (diabetes, fluid retention, etc.)  I'm just glad they found out in time to get you on the road to recovery!  Prayers for you, girl!  And glad to see you're back with us here!

Wow!  With the high winds we're having, hubby just told me that we have an electric pole down across the highway from us!  Just snapped it right off at the base!  The boys are gonna be busy today it seems!  Now to get the dog gone cars and trucks to slow down while they're working on it! :/

Carole the thing I worked on with all the bobbins was not a c2c but I do have a dishcloth made in a solid color of thread using c2c. dh is on the fire department and there have been grass fire calls daily and often multiple ones.

Just got an e-mail from Katy.  She is again having trouble getting into the ville.  She has an e-mail out to Amy for the last 2 days. 

She says to keep typing and she hopes to get on her soon.

Shutting down for the night, Off to get out the medicine and such.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Be safe everyone, I think its heading this way tomorrow... and then the forecast says snow on Sunday!!!

In the mean time... I am just going to marvel in the cuteness of Harold the hedgehog.....

good morning

partly cloudy,mild.They are saying wintry mix this weekend,we know that could change several times before then.

we are still waiting to see if the tree that was struck by lightning in the summer is going to live

have a good day everyone

Guess the old saying is right.  In like a lamb out like a Lion.  Or in like a Lion and out like a Lamb.  Guess it depends on when it comes in.

We are warming up, so everyone in the path of that weather please be safe.

Yeah, I hope Katy gets back in soon.

Good morning.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've been on the go with kids and grandkids for about 3 days now. I'll be back home later today.

Have a great day!

Well we were lucky here at my house. Tornadoes popped up all around. I am very concerned about jessicali as she lives in Oak Grove which was the hardest hit, nearly 500 homes damaged or destroyed. So far no fatalities listed but people taken to hospital. The photos of all the damage are just horrible. Some places had baseball size hail.

Thank you Carole for the Birthday Squares. The are so pretty. I like the multi-colored one. Also the are purple. I need 6" squares if anyone send me some. That is what I am collecting. Thank you all for sending me squares. :hug

Archived