Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

oh that is nie bgs. i know they dont get as much recognition like cops and service people so i do really support firemen an paramedics and thhe like and am glad to hear about your dinner. plese thank your dh for his hardwork and dedication for all of uus.

carole i just finished a few christmas colored 6in squares for you if you still need them. it migt be a couple weeks before i can mail anyone anythig though. i will have to have handy get me some manillas and new supplies for mailing out ok

and my mistake. knew that tea light fower was a daisy lol not a sunflower. so duh me huh!!! sorry about that everyone.

well daughters new joob is ending her to denver. next week for a week for some extended classes so she will be gone all next week i guess hubby will have to tend with kitty but im glad he will be there or daughter would just worry so much. that is her fur kid lol

i wonder how our ms owlvamp is doing??anyone heard from her

well allhope your weekend goes well and i'll see you all later!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a moment right now, listening to Peter Paul and Mary.... crocheting and thing of my boys as youngins... oh how I miss those days.... getting nostalgic at best... do we ever realize those moments when we are caught up in the chaos of our children.... those sweet faces, tender kisses and tiny things crawling in bed with us for cuddles.... I am guilty of thing about laundry, dinner, the electric bills and planning dinners... oh to have those sweet moment with those boys of mine again.... ~ sometimes getting old just ...well... sucks... 

Thankfully have the beautiful grands to enjoy now.. slow down..take the time to enjoy...

Hugs~ Lea

Lea you are making me think of that poem by Ruth Hurlburt Hamilton especially the last part.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow

But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!

I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

Katy after you said sunflower I thought oh yeah that pattern would make a good one just changing the colors. Dinner went well----at least we got to eat before the pagers started going off. We ran to the car to get to the station. Three stations had four calls shortly after eating. dh is out now on his 5th call today.

It is amazing how we take the firefights and EMTs for granted.  Do those guys ever get to enjoy a full meal. 

I had to laugh the other day Tampa Guy and I were in the grocery store.  Four EMTs were in the store buying groceries.  They were EMTs and Fire.  Ours are one unit.  Anyway it was 3 guys and 1 girl.  She came up and put 4 Humugus jars of peanut butter in the cart.  One guy wanted to add pomegranate juice  or something in the cart.  She took it put it back and said not in my cart.  Everytime this young kid wanted to add something she said no.  It was always something strange or unhealthy.  We had a good laugh watching them.  It was like watching little kids squabble over a snack.

Yeah kids grow up fast, and it seems that in old age, you only remember the good and not the screaming and yelling and fights.

My computer and internet decided for a couple of days it only felt like working sometime, so I have been off for a few days.

Now that we are doing the taxes today, it may shut down all together.

Well Have a fun day.

ha mj. just like mom and kids!!

yeah it would be pretty bgs fo any flower really daisys are my favorites though i always have loved daisys so simple yet just exquisit!!

i ntice today that the last two blooms on my latest flower arrival look like they will open today!! bright and sunshiney today and almost 50 already!,

oh handy found my box of done squares for me this am just where i told him to look too!, so i ca go through the list and see who i might be able to send some squares to!, should be fun,,

ok more later gotta get my grapenuts eaten as handy put some strawberries in them today! yum!,,,!!!

post-40621-0-47081000-1489935508_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-70859300-1489935825_thumb.jpg

crol and kariebug did you gget your squares from me before i went underground ?? lol. i dont have my post list here but let me jnow if not ill send more ok. post-40621-0-47126000-1489936483_thumb.jpg

out of the bix and these are just the 8 inch ones. lol. anyone like PINK lol.

post-40621-0-04141700-1489936741_thumb.jpg

handy found my 6inch squares too yay!!!

i always know just exactly where put things but telling ,ling someone that is not familiar with the room is the hard part but he was stll able to go right to them Teamwork!,,,, huh loll

post-40621-0-58943500-1489947217_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo its frustrating when the stations try to have a dinner or picnic and even more frustrating trying to do something with all 5 stations in the district because they can get a call at any time and often do. Its so much fun being on our way to do something and winding up at the station. Then there are the times I think dh is working outside and go call him in for lunch and supper only to find his car gone. I never know when he will be back. I guess the worst one was the propane truck accident leaving it leaking and burning propane. They had to keep spraying water on the tank to keep it cool so it wouldnt explode and had to do this until the propane all burned out. It took 2 days and shut down the W bound lanes of a state highway. dh stayed a full 20 to 24 hours with that one and then they started taking shifts. Out here they have to haul the water from the stations to the fires so the tankers shuttle back and forth. A couple of years ago they had a speaker at the appreciation dinner and I was amazed that nearly 70% of all firemen are volunteer. They get some really interesting calls. When dispatch takes some of the calls its like you dont need medical you dont need law enforcement so it must be for the fire dept. when actually they need to call a plumber.

Well Katy it looks like you had made up several pretty squares ahead before you got sick. I am sure you will have no problems finding the homes.

Ok Brenda send that hot weather down here.  We were 53 when I got up this morning and we are only going to 72 later today.  Still in long pants.

The Spring Breakers are not having great weather.  But they are still on the beach.  They had a picture in the paper of two idiots on the beach feeding the sea gulls.  Anyone living near where sea gulls are, know not to do that.  The picture showed them trying to duck the sea gulls. 

Tote almost done and then on to some more dolls and some Christmas Stockings.

Have a fun day today.

Wow Katie that is quite a collection of squares.  That is what I need to do.

Good morning Linda.

Mary Jo I would love to send this hot weather to you. Its going to be in the 80's again today. 50ish is more normal for us this time of year. My favorite or most comfortable temp range is 65 to 75. I need to address the envelope to mail stockings. This one is overflowing.

Sandra we are thinking about you and hoping your furbaby is doing better. Take care of yourself.

hi all. beautiful day here. Just right!

has been a good day so as leg is getting stronger and i am able to put. little weight on it. still working hard to get it up to par nd equal to the other one then my mobility limitations will expand dramatically i am sure. but keeping busy i guess. .

I have been out moving 40 pound bags of dirt in the wheelbarrow filling in the craters the neighbors dogs have made around our shed. I had to dig out a pair of shorts, my lightest (worn thin) t shirt and a sweatband and still had to stop for water breaks and to cool off. I moved some bags of dirt up to our raised beds but will wait to open them to mix in with the other soil. We planted potatoes yesterday and I would like to get some lettuce radishes and spinach planted in the next day or so. Its supposed to cool down and maybe rain some after today.

Good Afternoon, 

Brenda, thank you for the birthday squares  and birthday card, loved the texture of two of them and the heart in the middle.

carole (Lovin2Crochet) thank you for the birthday squares and birthday card,  loved the "4 heart granny" also the purple and varigated yarns.

MaryJo thank you for the birthday squares great colors and the birthday card.

I will take pictures when my dad is feeling better to help me download them, now I have to hurry as physical therapy is coming for my husband.

Brenda wow, on moving all that dirt, sounds like you will have a great garden.

Katy, glad to hear you are feeling stronger.

Rene'

oh rene!, so glad to see you back!!

we have missed you

i have you on my listfor squaes ao dont think i have forgotten you!! glad you are with us and look forward to your next postsjtoo!

Bgs you ork too hard darlin. but you work smRt too. y dressing cool and taking in fluids!!

Hi all. I was having password troubles again after I had reset it. But I think I got it now. Lol

Brenda and MaryJo thank you SO much for the squares and birthday card. I LOVE them :) I will post pictures when I get back inside.

Miss Jade is doing really good. She is getting so big. And she's started using her potty chair too. Successfully a few times. She sits for a minute. Stands up to check and then sits back down.

I had a good birthday and got to see lots of family and a few friends.

i hink nexteeek i will update the list but for now i have added charis to the current one. her b day isin Nov. i would ask if anyrhing has changed in your prefs or if you have moved please let me know soon ok. tribble i did update you already the last i had on tou for pfefs have changed to 6 inch any colors is that right.

well back istired and ryes too so will go for now. later friends!!!❌⭕️❌⭕️

Hey all, quick drop in before I call it a night. 

I was going to say that Immafreek was having password problems (she asked me to do it yesterday, but I forgot), but it seems she beat me to it! Sorry sissy!

Katy, I believe I did recieve squares from you before you got sick. Thank you again too!

Anywho, guess I'm going to hop off here and try to get some sleep...Hope everyone is doing well!  :hug s all!

crol and kariebug did you gget your squares from me before i went underground ?? lol. i dont have my post list here but let me jnow if not ill send more ok. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

out of the bix and these are just the 8 inch ones. lol. anyone like PINK lol.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I like pink, katy!!! And those yellow ones are gorgeous as well :)

Ok Brenda send that hot weather down here.  We were 53 when I got up this morning and we are only going to 72 later today.  Still in long pants.

The Spring Breakers are not having great weather.  But they are still on the beach.  They had a picture in the paper of two idiots on the beach feeding the sea gulls.  Anyone living near where sea gulls are, know not to do that.  The picture showed them trying to duck the sea gulls. 

Tote almost done and then on to some more dolls and some Christmas Stockings.

Have a fun day today.

Wow Katie that is quite a collection of squares.  That is what I need to do.

LOL MJ... sorry, I am one of those idiots. I always feed the gulls! sorry .... I know better, I just love them so much!

We had a girl quit in our department, so I've been working overtime. Not a fan of the time, but like the extra money!!!

It's rainy and stormy here... Muddy mess once again! :(

Archived