Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning.

Thank you they are fun to make.  Carole, the pattern is from Annie' s Attic.  https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=133674&cat_id=24

There are several patterns, I want to try the Sweet Dreams one next, for next year.

Not to bad yet today.  Cool this morning, but going into the 80's again this afternoon.  Promise of rain, but we will see.

Well the knee is all scraped up and the toes are a beautiful color of purple with a little green and yellow mixed in.

Hey a good excuse for not having to cook.  More crocheting time.

Have a great day.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, Mary Jo, that's what I was thinking, prop up your leg and grab some yarn! I do hope they get well soon! Bruised toes sound awful!

I started a scarf with that variegated yarn, so far so good, although not with the pretty color pool argyle. I have to do laundry today and then choir rehearsal tonight. Happy Marci Gras everyone!

Goodness MJ..... are we gonna have to put bumpers on teh sidewalk??

Last week a friend of mine was walking and tripped on a sweet gum ball, she broke her fibula.. sad thing is this was her first day out walking from getting her cast off from breaking her knee cap in Dec! 

Spent this beautiful day in Richmond , VA...I'll be sad when winter weather comes back..!

Eeeeww!  All this talk of bugs just gives me the jim-woolies ~ LoL :D  I hate roaches!  My son told us of the "flying roaches" when they were living in Georgia.  He couldn't believe how big those critters were!

I remember my first experience with scorpions when we moved to Oklahoma.  Hubby got stung on his big toe while showering . . . fastest movin' man I'd ever seen ~ LoL :D  Of all places to have an attic door, right?  Right over the shower!  We had to keep powdering the doorways and around the outside of the house with Roach-proof!  That kept them at bay anyway.

You gals are right, too . . . every place seems to have their "special bugs" or other critters.  Makes life exciting, ya think? ;)

Good Morning.

Thank you they are fun to make.  Carole, the pattern is from Annie' s Attic.  https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=133674&cat_id=24

There are several patterns, I want to try the Sweet Dreams one next, for next year.

Not to bad yet today.  Cool this morning, but going into the 80's again this afternoon.  Promise of rain, but we will see.

Well the knee is all scraped up and the toes are a beautiful color of purple with a little green and yellow mixed in.

Hey a good excuse for not having to cook.  More crocheting time.

Have a great day.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Thanks for the link, MaryJo.  I love the basket weave stitch, too, that's used in the squares (if that's what it is??).  I'll have to go check out Annie's Attic ~ I loved their little pattern magazine I use to get, too.  Such cute ideas for patterns.

Glad you're doing better, just use the time for crocheting, right? ;)  Yep, that's a real good reason not to have to cook ~ LoL  Time for you to get pampered ~ :D

You have a great evening, too.

good morning

our bug terror was those giant centipedes in Hawaii,nothing gets you up quickly in the morning ,like when one walks across you

they filled up the double sink width wise at 12 inches long

today is shopping day,so was up early to make up the list,too lazy to do it the day before

enjoy your day

Oh Linda that does sound creepy having something that big crawl over you and especially in bed. I guess the times I remember my grandma finding black snakes inside her house really made an impression on me. I often feel like something is crawling on me and it doesnt help that dh will take his fingers and move them like a bug crawling across me when I am not looking. I have had a few bad sores pop up that I am guessing were spider bites.

We had stormy weather with tornado watches last night. There was lots of loud thunder, lightening, wind and some hail.

Good morning everyone.

Yeah the owie is getting better.  The toes do not look so purple today.

Carole, that is actually c2c stitch on the squares.  It seems to go so fast, but they are small squares.

So I started the owl last night and am moving right along.

Today I have to start putting the February ornaments and table away and bring out March.  Lots of green and fantasy.

Have fun today.  Lots of hugs, :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Spent the day in Richmond again, I love that city!  While we drove I got all the pieces done for the owl pillow for Ethan,

Another crochet day tomorrow, hopefully I can finish up my attic 24 CAL, I am so excited about it!   This has been such a beautiful project, I will post pictures when I finish....

Hey all, quick stop in before bed. Have a cramp in my hand, been working on learning the new-fangeled Tunsinan crochet thing.   :lol 

Well, hope everyone is feeling better, mending, or good. 

But, off to bed I go.  :hug s all and goodnight!

good morning

must have slept wrong on my left side,can hardly move my shoulder,I did sleep through the night,not like the night before,when every couple of hours I'd wake up because my feet were cold,for some reason that wakes me up,so last night I put some slippers on.

take care and have a wonderful day

Good Morning.

Changing over the table and tree today.  When I get the time I have to make some more stuff for the tree.

Beautiful morning with the sun and no clouds.

The owl is almost done and then on to the raccoon.

Carole, that might be the basket weave stitch, I am not sure.  I just know I am making a c2c.

Well, enough lolly gagging off to work on the table.

Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

A quick hello.

Getting Little man here in a few minutes. Had time to sit a few and say hi.

Today need to try to clean some of this house. It looks like a tornado has gone through it.

Need to do some serious vacuuming too. Just put a load of dishes in and will wash the rest.

For me just crocheting some handtowels .. Pretty fast and fun to do.

Will try to check in later.

hi all i see you are all keeping busy!!, ois that an easter tree maryjo?? Ill be happy to see it a taste of spring!!

Sorry about your shoulder linda do you have any biofreeze that slve works great!! and forr the recordi hate all bugs!!

Sandra you re always so active! Can i get you to sent me just a smallish bottle of it. hand towels cool idea!

Hows it going with the tubisian katiebug?? I can do it but find it tedious lol good luck with your hand/wrist.

meme and carole hi there !!

bgs tornados already?. i remember when i was at the kc airport. in the gift sop we found a snow globe which i collect snw glabes but instead of shaking i and having snow fall this one had a realustic tornado in it when you shook it. course i bought it lol

well i gave up trying to read all the old posts but the last ones i am trying to keep up or at least current!!

hope lacey and charis are good! and our little snow bear. hope she is recovering the famiily loss.

ok well i am getting tired of typing for now but i will be back ok.

but my stanina is improvig and i notice little improvements everyday so keep the faith i will be back friends!! love ya !♥❤❌⭕❌⭕

Evening all! Quick stop in, thinking about an early bed time tonight for all of us. The kids definitely need it  :lol  

How ya feeling Katy? The Tunisian is going alright. I seem to be doing pretty good with it, or the simple stitch at least. Haven't tried anything harder. Then again, that's probably because I'm attempting to master it with a small throw thing I can snuggle under when I get cold. Hehehe

Anywho, off I go. Have a good night all!  :hug s

Beautiful cool and crisp morning 56 degrees.  The sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.

The Strawberry Festival is in full swing.

I finished the owl panel for my c2c afghan and today I will be starting the last one, the raccoon.

The tree is for St. Patrick's Day.  It is all rainbows and shamrocks and leprechauns.  The table is anything whimsical or green. 

I have to get pictures today with the sun out.

Off to make breakfast and then get started on Rocky the Raccoon.  I have named them all.  Harry the Hedgehog, Oliver the Owl and Freddie the Fox.

Good to hear you are doing better Katy.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :ghug  :hug  :ghug

post-105-0-16074700-1488547852_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo each panel has been so cute I dont think I could pick a favorite. Guess thats why all 4 go together. I bought strawberries yesterday and noticed the were from central FL so I thought of you telling us about the strawberry festival.

Katy glad you are feeling better. Its just going to take awhile. It seemed like you werent feeling well for a couple of months before you wound up in the hospital.

Morning!

Katy, glad you are feeling a bit better!

Katie, I love tunesian! Sometimes I just don't like all the holes in crochet. Simple stitch is rough because of the stupid curling. Other stitches don't curl so bad. My fav was the purl stitch, it's really easy. You just alternate the stitches, simple, purl, simple, purl, and so on.

Mary Jo! That owl is just the cutest!! It looks super cuddly too! I forget, who did you say you were making it for?

Well my last day of vacation is here, and true to form, I have barely done anything. Today is cleaning day and lesson planning day. Busy busy weekend of hanging out with friends, working retail, and choir rehearsals. I prolly won't be on here until next week.

Hi Brenda! yes you are right. i didnt feel good for at least a couple months befroe and was not getting any better. when i quit eating much dandy and daughter ganged up on me and the squad was here before i could even put shoes on.

❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥ ❤♥.

i knew it was inevitable but also knew i would be there a while and i hAted that idea.

they put me in a room almost right away and then started all the tests and the mri ' and x rays, heart tests cat scans and th numerous tubes of blood for lab

the second day they found a serios infection that deemed surgery first of three to remove the infection from my foot where it started. the got it out and put me on oral and infusion by pic line antibiotics

then i think th nex day had to go in and close wound as she l eft. it open to drain and then. the next day they decided to install stints to

supply more of a blood supply to te lower extremities so it coulld heal faster. all in all im minus a couple of toes i guess it was vital to get thsinfection all out so had to stay in the hosp for awhle as one of thests showed i had diabetis as well as was retaining so much fluid from the infection they had to monitor that as well !! they then put me on insulin shots to bring blood sugar down and i now take a couple pills for that but last check my liver heart,and kidneys are perfect!!

im very lucky as more than. one of the team of doctorsi had all told me at one time or anoter that waiting even anothe day or two i may not have recovered a all. so eight weeks after the foot surgery with wrapped foot no weight bearing on that side oot or leg was the hard part.

now the stitches are out and i can begin to put some weight on it but that leg is still weak from non use so it will take me a week or so to get that strong so am waiti g patiently lol

. my.daufther has. ordered me a rolllator type walker to help with that weak leg and is coming tomorrow. and then i will begin the real work!! im looking forward to moving about more around the house and getting beck to being me. my wheel chair wont go through the door in the craft room but once i can use tha walker ill be able to get in there! handy did bring in my med to small ball basket so when i am ready. watch out.

i will continue this story as it goes.i know i owe much of my recooping aand healing to all of you for which in. my darkest days you cheered me and and showedyour love caring and brightened my dark times and delighed me on my good days,with you cards and letters and posts you dont realize how much that means to me. i felt i should have shared this with you sooner but found it difficult to even type about for a long time. thanks for Being patient it felt good to share with all my good friends. later and have a wonderful healthful day today,

Hey Everybody, It is good to hear you are feeling better Katie. I am feeling good for a change. Things are calming down. And getting back kinda back to normal.  Go pay bills, go grocery store. The usual things you have to do.  Cleaning house today on this beautiful sunny day. May get outside a little. Have a little gardening I need to do. Well everyone have a great day! I plan on it. I mostly wanted to say :waving And see how everyone else was doing.  Catch up on things on here. Take care. Have a Nice day. :ghug

Good morning everyone.

Yeah the owie is getting better.  The toes do not look so purple today.

Carole, that is actually c2c stitch on the squares.  It seems to go so fast, but they are small squares.

So I started the owl last night and am moving right along.

Today I have to start putting the February ornaments and table away and bring out March.  Lots of green and fantasy.

Have fun today.  Lots of hugs, :hug  :ghug  :hug 

What is the "C2C" stitch exactly??  I've seen it posted about, but have never seen a "how to" on it yet.  That afghan is going to be so wonderful!

I've gotten me a shiney little green "welcome" froggie, so my March greenies have begun, too ~ LoL

Hope ya'll are having a great day.  It's beautiful here, even tho it is on the chilly side.

Archived