Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning.  I just checked with the Post Office and the afghan is out for delivery !!!!! :clap  :cheer  :clap  :yay 

I was cleaning this morning and then made breakfast.   That is why I am late getting on.

I can now go to my corner and work on my afghan.

Have fun today.  I will check later and let you know if it has been delivered.

Thank you everyone for helping or wanting to help.  You all did a great job and it turn out terrific.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update Mary Jo. Still stuck indoors today as this big storm rages outside.

I don't know how much snow we have gotten but no doubt it's another foot.

Oh Charis, take care with the storm.

Yeah John and I gave up long ago going out for Valentine's Day.  We now make dinner at home.  Much nicer and quitter and I don't have to wait for over an hour for a table. :D 

Charis glad you are stuck at home and hoping you dont lose power.

Mary Jo I am a cheap date. My food always tastes better from the cheaper lunch menu and or with a coupon. We have always avoided peak times and high dollar days on anything we do. dh works tomorrow and I will surprise him with his favorite------meatloaf.

Sandra! Wonderful work!! Im so glad I could help and send some feel better cheer to Katy!

I'm very glad your sister is better! You don't want to mess around with anything that's bad for your kidneys. Both my dad and brother have had kidney transplants due to high blood pressure messing them up.

Mind if I hop in on this thread from time to time? I hadn't really done much with granny squares until last year when I made a gigantic blanket for my brother for Christmas. I dig them now! Easy and fun!

We would be upset if you didn't pop in!!!

Brenda, thanks for the info....

Tomorrow I get to spend Valentines with Dh AND my grandson Jacob that I don't get to see very often!!   Today Chris printed out and hung vintage valentines all over the house since we won't be home tomorrow...  One on the tea pitcher said " you suit me to a TEA :lol  the one on the cat food said you are the CATS MEOW"... and on the egg carton " You are EGGsactly the one for me...

He is too funny!!

I went to Bible Study and then a Valentine luncheon we all had at a restaurant in  I hate to sound cheap.... but a burger at this place was 18 bucks!  gasp... that is dinner not lunch food for me... so I ordered a salad and splurged with some chicken on it... still cost 20.00 with drink and a tip... do you know how much yarn I could buy with that :lol  After lunch MIL and I went to Joanns and she bought 4 skeins... I am proud to say I did not buy a thing... for now...  She already has  8 lapghans made for Memory care... it keeps her mind busy during this chemo infusion, she is down to every 3 weeks now.... but it still is rather trying for her... My BIl has a condo at Pawleys Island and they are going there for a week... I think it will be good for her to clear her mind..

Off to pack and then finish up this weeks CAL rows... we skip next week to tie in ends and then a border the falling week and we are done... I think I need to go back to working on one thing at a time... I get waaay to distracted having multiple projects...

Happy Valenitines ya'll!!

Oh Charis, take care with the storm.

Yeah John and I gave up long ago going out for Valentine's Day.  We now make dinner at home.  Much nicer and quitter and I don't have to wait for over an hour for a table. :D 

Glad that Katy has her blanket!!! I'm not sure if we have ever went "out" for Valentines day. I don't like crowds. It has to be something I really want to do to go when I know there is going to be a lot of people.

I started on the cross stitch that I am doing for Little Tribble's birthday. I finished his Valentine box. I made it out of plastic canvas. I wasn't perfect but we only had a picture to go on, no directions.

Have a great night all!

Good Morning everyone and Happy Valentine's Day. :manyheart 

Grey and gloomy here, but we should see the sun sometime today.

No big plans here today.  Just relax and crochet.

Big hugs to one and all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Just want to quickly check in and say "hi."  Happy Valentine's Day and Welcome, Charis!  We used to travel every Summer to NH, when kids were little, and have had some fun times in the White Mountains.:) 

Happy Valentine's Day! My big exciting day will include doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the litter box etc. I am thankful that I have a house to clean and am able to clean it. I am also thankful to not have to spend the day shoveling snow.

Had a busy work day and made it just in time to get instructions from my son and dil on Gs#2 evening schedule.... We were greeted by him bursting in to tears and wanting his Daddy...He cried all the time we were there with his folks and then about 10 minutes after.... We had not seen him since christmas....he is 18 months old... We gave him his Valentine presents and then a treat of pretzels read a bunch of books, played cars and puppets... eensy weensy spider... He is safely tucked in his bed....

Worked on a lapghan while we traveled today....

Hey all! Good evening and Happy Valentine's Day! I didn't do too much today, baby sat for about 2 1/2 hours, slept (migraines bite), and then went and got the stuff for an easy dinner that requires very little prep-work...Half home-made pizza! (Half, because I buy a pre-made fresh cheese pizza, then do my own toppings)

Glad Katy has her afghan and I hope she is enjoying it!

Well, off I go. I'm going to bed as soon as humanly possible tonight. I don't feel so go with the head pounding and what-not. Have a great night all!  :manyheart  :hug s :ghug 

Guess who turned 1 on Saturday ?!? Miss Jade :) so big now. She's already kicked the "baby milk " by herself, has 5 teeth now, and is taking 2-4 steps (albeit tiny steps) all by herself. She extremely dislikes sippy cups of any kind but we're working on it.

post-39682-0-12426300-1487137067_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-24701300-1487137083_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-69518900-1487137103_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-89730800-1487137116_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-64803000-1487137147_thumb.jpg

I've missed a couple days so sorry if I missed some posts. Monday I had the littlest grandbaby here after work and yesterday I was just tired after work.

Jade looks adorable!

Welcome Charis.

Thank you all for the comments on the kids' outfits.

It looks I will be spending the day at home on the sofa and in the bathroom. I've had vomiting and other such stomach issues since midnight. I don't know if it's a stomach bug or something I ate but I am not a happy camper today.

Good Morning.

Yesterday was a full crocheting day.  Dinner was  a nice steak and baked potato with all the trimmings.

Hoping to go to Joann's so I can get yarn I need.  I hate paying $5.99 for a $4.99 skein of yarn.

Jade is getting so big and she is just adorable.  Sounds like she is not going to let anything get in her way. :rofl 

cshort I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Have a great day and hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

well cnt type too long a post but wanted to tell you all about th most treasured and filld with so much love and caring and good wishes and prayersand caring and asi have ever received. !!!

when i opened the box i litterly crid happy tears you uplifted and filled my heart with the light and happiness of a million suns light and quite littterally couldnt hqve come cont below don want to risk losin it again

well cnt type too long a post but wanted to tell you all about th most treasured and filld with so much love and caring and good wishes and prayersand caring and asi have ever received. !!!

when i opened the box i litterly crid happy tears you uplifted and filled my heart with the light and happiness of a million suns light and quite littterally couldnt hqve come on a betterr week.

I

cont below don want to risk losin it again

Archived