Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good morning

Bill had the golf on,and caught some of the racing,I was really surprised when he said that was in Florida,so cool.

Bill had a step sister that lived in Tampa,we visited in Jan.'71 whe y'all had 32 degrees,gee we left NY for that??

the sister lived on Treasure Drive

Rene is getting the yearly shots in her back this morning,boy she is a brave one,I don't think I'd want them sticking me with needles anywhere near my spine,guess its my nurse's training that kicks in,and says I'll pass on that.

have a wonderful day,those in the storm's path,y'all be careful out on the roads

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lea sounds like Josh has been through more than his share of life altering events. I hope he keeps getting better. So mom has a boyfriend. Sounds like things could get interesting there. At least shes happy.

Mary Jo sounds like lots of interesting things going on in your part of the world. Last week down town KC was over run with college basketball and this Fri will be the St. Patricks day parade. I did go to the parade once with friends many years ago but generally watch it on tv.

It sure looks like some of you are in for some nasty winter weather.

sn0wbear that sounds huge  what are you making i for a king size bed cause that is going to be very heavy to work on and handle too??

hey im on the desp top for the first time in 2 months at least and almost forgot how to sign in!! :clap  :cheer  :yay

Cue the Jaws Music....duh-nuh! It's coming!! Mary Jo, you make me laugh when you talk about spring!! What is this spring you speak of? We have been below freezing for weeks and really cold wind chills. Not that I'm complaining, I don't mind the cold. It's an excuse to snuggle up. 

Well we've been upgraded to Blizzard warning for all day tomorrow. I think DH has all the equipment he'll need to work remotely so he doesn't have to drive his usual hour commute. We are expecting 12-20". I finished a scarf for my auntie on Saturday, I'll have to post a pic when I get home. My next projects will be some thread crosses and I'm excited to get a day to work on them! Although before I can have fun with that, I HAVE to tackle some piles in the house. They are getting out of hand! (fun New England fact, they call Aunts "Auntie" out here and they pronounce it like Ahnt not ant like we do back west. I have started to do this.)

Well I'm off to rehearsal. My choir is performing Beethoven's 9th symphony with other area choirs and local orchestra this weekend. Tonight's our first orchestra rehearsal! Should be interesting. 

charis you are getting hit alright with this oncoming storm. they are calling it massive. and dangeerous. take precautions and stay safe nd check in here when you can.

to all of you in its way.

chilly here today and gloomy. well i only have a basket of med and stray balls of yarn so im limited to that for a while so will check the list and ee if i cant work on a few squares for some of you all im shamelessly behind ib that area for sure. i apologise to all that i missed on the list in the couple months i was gone. alo for just seeming to dissapear but had no time to explain or get here.

well i got two cakes fory bday. a friend brought one over and i ate a tiny slice of that as it was not sugar free but so goodd

!! then on my real bday handy made asugar free chocolate cake with sugar free frosting and i got to eat some of that with no worries. it was so good too never tasted anyd iff at all!!! he thoughtfully put only one candle on it lol

other than that its quiet here for the moment

my good frien Sally has been in the hospital for a while too she fell and broke her pelic bone hit her head and several other fractions. kepp her in your prayes that she recovers fully and quickly. i think she is in a rehab now trying to recover.

all for now i guess but to end on an up note i will leave you with this bit of good news.

daughter got a new job as her employer was cutting expences and wanted her to take a pay cut. she turned in her two weeks ago an started her new job today with what turns out to be as good paying as she was getting she will be on salary here as well plus lots more benifits too. i hope she had a good first day!!!Ok over and out for now. see ya soon!!! come on spring!!!

I used to hear that alot over at the Naval hospital,when contracts came due,I thought they were joking,but they said no,this was true,they asked if they'd take a pay cut and of course they would say heck no, and that was 10 yrs ago.I would have be hot too,because the bills you have to pay are in no way reduced

I have a queen size bed. That is what I am surprising my husband with. When I get it done. I know it will be heavy. But it sure will keep us warm at nights.  I just love it. It will be the prettiest blanket I have. And I don't mind that it is heavy to put together. When I get it done. My husband will love it. Thanks everyone :hug

hi again. as a newlydiagnosed diabetic im learnig ehat ia ok to eat and what to not eat. it se. ems. daunting a task.

i was therefor thinking bout a thread fo diabetic comments or tips and tricks. it would help me i know to knoow some of the things others could share with us. not sure it would be appropriate for the ville but asking you all what you think. its just a thought at this time so let me know ok thanks.

i just had to look up popcorn lol as i am having some now and it seems ok for the diabetic. good lol

oh Katy

that must have come as a shock,especially if the foot infection was diabetes related,if you don't have one yet,get a good foot doctor.

I'm pre diabetic 9 yrs now,I have a podiatrist,his word is pay attention to you feet daily,if you feel something is not right and concerns you,call state you are a diabetic and need to be seen,if you don't mention that they will put you off. besides sugar,you need to watch carbohydrates and fats.Did the hospital hook you up with their diabetes educator,almost every hospital has one,the classes are usually 2 or 3 days and very helpful

there is a food forum toward down he bottom of topics,I don't see why you couldn't post a diabetic tips and foods thread

also another tip is carry something with you when traveling,if your blood sugar gets low,some almonds or fruit and nut bar and a bottle of water

good morning

must have slept through all the storms,the ground is wet,no winds right now,Bill said earlier there were restrictions on the  Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.speed listening to The Apartment by Danielle Steel,someone put a hold on it,needs to be turned in by Thursday,so had to stop listening to NYPD Red 4 by James Patterson,and get this one done

enjoy the day

Katy like Linda said I hope they hooked you up with a good diabetic counselor. Its an ongoing process adjusting diets and medications with each persons metabolism and activity level. Its going to be a learning curve for you to see how everything you eat and do affects your blood glucose level. Not eating is bad too. You can get high levels even when you eat nothing because your body tries to make what it needs and it needs a certain amount of glucose to function properly so it will convert fat into glucose. In some cases blood sugar can drop too low.

Quick question

has anyone worked with Loops & Threads Buuny Tail,a kind of pompom looking yarn ??did you like working with it or is in a pain to work with??

I never bought the stuff as I had already bought some eyelash with much smaller pompoms and never got it to work up in crochet to my liking. The little pompoms dont pull through to make stitches and get all caught. I read that you treat the big pompoms like a bead and crochet around them and not incorporate them into the stitch. The stuff I bought works up really nice on my knifty knitter loom. It would also be interesting to know how you are supposed to work in the ends.

Thanks Brenda. I would appreciate that. I think about 10 squares across and 8 squares down. About 6 or 7 more rows should do. I am almost done. Not to far to go.  :hug

You  know if your friend Lea would get off her hiney and go to the post office and mail your squares I bet you would have it finished in no time :yes

Had lunch with one of my " adopted" daughters today, she broke her foot yesterday so I knew a pizza would cheer her up a bit, her hubby had to work all day....

Had lunch with MIL yesterday....  you can sure tell she is German, very matter of fact....love her to bits though... her last chemo infusion is the last of July, she goes every three weeks now for an infusion... so she and FIL decided to head to Florida for the next three weeks until the next one...!  She has crocheted 12 lapghans so far for memory care.... so glad she is keeping busy...

All you folks to the north stay warm and dry...

Good Morning.

How are all my friends up North.  My family in South Jersey got lucky and did not get the big snow they were suppose to get.

Cold down here today.  Got up it was 53 and tonight we are going to get close to freezing.  Lots of clouds.

Well I spent yesterday working on another doll.  This one is called Ester and she is decked out in her Easter finest.

post-105-0-40475100-1489581058_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-10704700-1489581068_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-49380000-1489581081_thumb.jpg

Now I am working on their sister Violet

good morning

oh those dolls are so sweet,Mary Jo

its a brisk 20 degrees here,I glad he is out braving the cold to do the shopping,this coldness is making my knees stiff,they are certainly rebeling after the round of 80 degree temps we had just a week ago.

double in house appts today,OT at 10:30 and PT at 4,at least its spread out some,so he can get fed.

enjoy your day

Mary Jo those dolls and outfits are so cute.

I am guessing #1 and Charis got a lot of snow. Hope you both are okay.

Its cold here too-- dropped down in the teens last night, really rude after all those warm days last week.

ok trying this again. no news here just another day . Mj those dolls are so precious are the made from thread or yarn? the outfits i mean lol.

gladyou got back lacey took me days to get it to accept a request for a new pqssword at the forgo password board. finally thoufh i too made it back!!

so sorry linda about jimmy. you take on so much i worry for all of you.

Brenda good to see you seems we havent hooked up much lately. glad all is well.

anyone heard how sandra and her doggie is?? i hope we hear something soon and herc is ok. we miss you sandra. your spirit is what i miss you always are pretty resilient and positive!!

anyone i missed well i hope not. if so hi to all.

i am going eventually here work on some squares that i missed and try to catch up. i had some done as i twnd to work ahead but cant get to them yet e whoever it was that wanted cream and burgandy thhough i know those are done lol.

Ok quickie post but good to see you all!!

Hey all, quick stop in. We still aren't feeling great, but it almost seems like we are slowly getting there. I hope. 

Katy, my ex-mother-in-law was diabetic and a home care nurse. She always told me to keep peanut better cups around, since they work for both diabetes and hypoglaucemia if your glucose gets too low. 

Anywho, I'm off. We're having left overs again tonight. Still can't stand long enough to cook a regular meal  :reyes 

Have a great evening all!  :hug s

Hello everyone!

I didn't realize how long I've been gone, life has been keeping me busy. I don't know if I'll get caught up on everything but I'll try. Have a great evening everyone.

hello all.

i got an email from sandra (owlvamp) nd she said Herc is not well so she is busy nursing him and caring for him these days. i know she is so afaid of losing him and she is not sleeping or eating well because of of it all. she will be back later on i sure. for now please keep her in your thoughts and pryers and Hercules to recover. i told her we all are thinking of her and miss her.

shoot her a message and let her know we are with her! it meant the world to me when i was feeling so bad to know you guys cared. i know it would to her too. she needs our support. thanks all.

Archived