Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dh was off today and had an appointment to look at a house. I said OH H___ NO when we pulled up. He said he couldnt tell from the picture that it set on a really steep hill and had lots of steps inside the house-----maybe 40 years ago nah even 40 years ago I already had enough of mowing terraces to know I didnt want to mow this hillside. The drive way from the street to the house was way too steep probably 45 degree angle, only flat area was small area out the back door.

Well, you tell dh we all said NO.... put the little bunny you made me last year out on his shelf... smiled when I thought of you Brenda!

Did a bunch of errands, one included a young lady who use to live down the street from us, I have known her since she ws 8, her mother passed away in 2008 when she was 16, so I kinda tuck her under my wing when she needs it... she just had a new baby girl, so I spent an hour or so lovin on the baby, bringing gits to her older 3 boys and some fun gifts for Alora.... so fun making for a girl after all these boys!  came home and worked ont eh owl a bit and all I need are a beak and feet and that one will be done!  Then to start on the rabbits MJ posted, bought the pattern yesterday and I am chomping at the bit to git er done!!

So glad you got the granny squares and like them, Rene'.  (I'm sorry I misspelled your profile name, too.  My fingers kinda did their own version ~ :P )  Hope your birthday was great, too. :hug

well,the miss-spelling is on me,I was the one  who wrote and gave it to you,I've always had trouble with the spelling

Katy funny you mentioned carrying groceries because dh brought that up himself after he got done carrying them in here when we got back. On slick days you would never get the car up that drive into the garage or even in the drive to park. Shoot its doubtful I could make it up that hill on foot either even when its just wet. It was steep. Oh he agreed with me and said this place was everything we were trying to get away from but way worse.

I have spent my morning filling in the crater at the back of our shed that I just filled on Mon. My little barricade did not deter them so I have to try something bigger. I really had other things I needed to do. Wanted to get it fixed as dh would just explode if he knew.

Mary Jo we had 80's again yesterday.

Well off to see if I can get some of the things done that I didnt get to earlier.

well,the miss-spelling is on me,I was the one  who wrote and gave it to you,I've always had trouble with the spelling

Oh! that's quite alright, Linda ~ :)  As long as Rene' know where were each coming from ~ LoL

Sorry you're getting your round with that flu bug ~ :hug Just take it easy and get your fluids down, and rest.

We just had a terrific thunder storm roll thru here a bit ago!  High winds and a whole lotta rain!  Looks like a day spent inside, and crocheting will be a good respect for me ~ :)

good afternoon,

he managed to pass me his flu,feels like I'm run over by a Mac truck.all plans are out the window

Fell better sweetie, maybe this good weather coming up will help this thing move along faster...

good morning

I feel better today,the power of motrin and a box of Lipton chicken noodle soup

its almost 70,think I'll do what they did for us as kids,get out in the sunshine and fresh air

have a good day

Sorry about the flu! DH isn't feeling well today either...

I haven't been able to do much crocheting. I've been busy with church stuff and school stuff. Even though I did have a little extra time this week to start a thread project. I was very thankful for that! I'll post when it's done. Kinda don't want to jinx it by saying too much. I've set myself a rather large goal and I'm not sure if I'll reach it.

As Garrison Keillor always says, "Be well, do good work, & keep in touch."

well h all!!

I spent most of the day in the caft room just Y piddling around and putting things in order. Handy did a great jjob shmpooing the carpets and stuff while. i was hospital bounsd lol even wahing he throw rugs too. its clean but was a bit cluttered as things just aort of got placedin there when he disnt know hat to do with something but all cleqned up agan now!! Felt good to be able to accomplish a little somethng '

Had rotisserie chicken from the deli for supper and aome really food curly fries in the frozen fry section made be Arbys and they wee delish.

handy also made a jello cake (poke cake) aith strawbwrries n top for desert . it is in the fridge settinf up a bit so will have some later. We really like those sugar free cake mixes. theyare aogood d we noice any diff in taste at all

The rotisserie.chicken was so tender it just fell off the bones. seems though thT the price of them keep going up. but the chickens keep gerring smller you know. i guess,they dont think we'll nottce huh..?.

was cloudy andrainy here all day. hoping for some sunshine tomorrow. !!

sorry some of you arent feeling well wishing for speedy recoveries for all,

oh reading SYccamore Row now the sequel to A T ime to kill both grisham books. watched a time to Kill thw othe night on tv and another Grishm made into a movie called The Client the other night. H has had so many of his books made into movies. !!

Hi, I was a member of this original group way back. Had so much fun and met a dear sweet lady (

dobermama) she is under hospice care and is in her final hours. I ask for prayers for her and her family.

​Thanks, Glenda

Good Afternoon to Everyone,

Hi Glenda, I remember you too, will keep Dobermama in my prayers

have a busy day today to get ready for an early morning appointment tomorrow morning. having a nerve block for a disc in lower back on the right side, had the left side done two weeks ago.

I found some new square patterns I want to try out, hopefully I'll have some time to crochet today.

Linda and Rene' good to see you both here and not down with the flu. Linda how do you fix your corn beef? I tend to cook it ahead so it can cool and I can slice it. Then I cook cabbage potatoes and carrots in its broth and add the meat back. We have it with corn bread.

Glenda its been a long time but I remember both you and Dobermama and will keep her in my prayers.

Yesterday was one of those days when we left at 745 am and didnt get back until 10pm. We got some badly n eeded rain. The neighbors dogs have dug around my barricades at the shed so I am going to have to fill in holes again.

Hello all! Quick stop in before I figure out what to heat up for dinner. Thinking the left over chili...have to add some peanut butter to mine tho, Mom made it a little hot  :lol  

I hope all are well or mending and that everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!  :hug:ghug 

Hi, I was a member of this original group way back. Had so much fun and met a dear sweet lady (

dobermama) she is under hospice care and is in her final hours. I ask for prayers for her and her family.

​Thanks, Glenda

Will do, thanks so much for letting us know... glad to have you back!

good morning

up and down all night,12.3,then,5 so just stayed up,had to get up at 6 anyway

pollen counts are high here and pills aren't cutting it

Bgs,we do the meat and potatoes together in the crockpot,and the cabbage seperate,man,he couldn't have found a smaller corned beef if he tried,we barely had three pieces each and that left two small pieces

Good Morning.

So sorry to hear about dobermama.  I remember her well.  I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss Jade is growing up so fast and is very, very cute.  Love the smile.

I had a lot to catch up on.  I twisted my knee in my sleep the other day and it has been giving me trouble, so I have not been on for a few days.  You girls really have been busy.

Get well all you who have the flu and for those who have it in the house, good luck in keeping well.

Well, the weather has improved here, as we are into the 80's and the Spring Breakers and Spring Training have great weather.  We are surrounded by the Phillies, Yankees and the BlueJays.  There are 2 more here, but I can never remember who they are.

Over the weekend they had a big Greek festival at the Sponge Docks.  That is where the shrimp boats and the sponge boats come in.  They had Greek dancers and everything.  Tarpon Springs is a big Greek Community, where the church is the center of it.

Well, I am off to put together another bunny and I am trying to find flat disk around 5mm gold for the belly dancing bunny I am making.

Take care and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Linda I wound up buying 2 corn beef because they were small. Dh loves it and this is the only time of year he gets it. Then I think it often tastes better the second day.

We are getting some badly needed rain. I just finished my appointment at the dentist and waiting on dh. It was nice this time to have no problems as the last time I needed a root canal and the time before that I needed a crown.

Finished Miss Purple.  I added 2 sc's to the ears and stretched them when I stiffened them.

I gave this one to my friend instead of the green one.

post-105-0-14438000-1490637605_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-73006600-1490637621_thumb.jpg

My next one is a belly dancer. :rofl 

Archived