Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

i hink nexteeek i will update the list but for now i have added charis to the current one. her b day isin Nov. i would ask if anyrhing has changed in your prefs or if you have moved please let me know soon ok. tribble i did update you already the last i had on tou for pfefs have changed to 6 inch any colors is that right.

well back istired and ryes too so will go for now. later friends!!!❌⭕️❌⭕️

yep, that's correct ;)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

I am glad all my squares made it and that you all like them.  This thread is sure helping me knock down my stash.  Now if you all would accept cotton squares, I would be in 7th heaven.

Another cool and crisp morning, but we are suppose to get warmer than yesterday.  The sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.

Glad to hear you are doing better Katy.  It does take quite a while to bounce back, don't overdo.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into.

waiting to put wash in the dryer,then get a shower before my one year Oncology appt,been going to them for 7 years now,and whatever the GP saw on bloodwork never materialized into anything,well I guess if medicare pays for it,I'll continue to see them,if I had to pay we would have parted ways a long time ago.

Yeah back to more normal temps today. 50 this am with a high of 60. I love cool crisp mornings. It felt good puttering around out there this morning in short sleeves. I am a little sore today but not as bad as I expected.

Mary Jo we have had a few people in the past request cotton squares but its been awhile.

Around here people feed the Canadian geese so they can be rather obnoxious. I can remember when it was a really big deal to just see one and now they are everywhere so much so that they have problems at golf courses and swimming beaches from all the poop.

I know it's been a while so I just want to check in and say "hi".

DD had Spring Break last week when we got our foot of snow and ice precipitation- it was an awful week for her because she had a big project along with a quiz to take. With two days unable to travel, we were scrambling to pick up art supplies; take photos and get the photo mounted for a display; not including how she was to glue her project and photo to have it look professional with no air bubbles.

To top it off, she forgot things to bring back that I had to mail.

The weather is nice today and the snow is melting. I love birds in general and felt bad that they were chirping away after our snow and couldn't get any food. I throw bread out for them often, but seagulls and geese can be very aggressive when they get used to being fed by humans. They also make a mess. We are told not to feed the geese in our park or we can get fined. There are classes to teach how to oil their eggs to limit the population. I think it is mean but oh well. We had seagulls a few weeks ago in the pond that were gorgeous.

One caught a fish. The water in the pond is salt mixed with fresh so there are many interesting things that live in it.

post-3193-0-09945400-1490122312_thumb.jpeg

post-3193-0-18242200-1490122405_thumb.jpeg

hi all. quiet day today. rained a bit this am then cleared out this aft to aomewhat sunny and nice out.

we feed the turkeys when they come here to our yard its not every day but when we see them we theow out bread for them.

Saw our red fox agaain the other day. just anflash of red. and gone but i think it. wa s him.

i got noyhing new so ill go for now maybe later.

miss Jade is a cutie for sure!!

Haven't done a spit of crochet in the last couple of days..

went to the gym yesterday morning and then had a DR appt in the afternoon... I was having a bit of trouble with my sinus on one side... so he looks up my nose and says " you have a large turbinte"... first of all, I didn't even know I HAD a turbinte,  and then to find out I had a large one.... goodness, I didn't know if that was bad or good.... so apparently this gives me a trip to the ENT  next month ( oh joy)

Today Chris drove down to our youngest to help him with his car... so I spent the day cleaning out my closet and getting a goodwill bag to go...

I hope to get the hook flying tomorrow....

good morning

such cute pictures of Jade

was up early,tried to kick Bill out of bed to make the coffee,but he wasn't having it,sure will be glad when his cold is better,he's such a grump

oh lacey jade gets cuter every day'!!

sorry your bill has a bad cold linda hope he i proves quickly!!

oh i had my ghan you all made me out today and looking at it and they are all just lovely!! so many pretties and so much work there.

when i can lay it out i will take a pic of it.

chilly here this am but warmes up this afternoon some.

i wonder how sandra is doing? i will email her today. we miss her!!

what are all of you doing today? hope it is a golden day for all of you.

and

Good morning Linda. Its a cool windy day here. Dont plan on accomplishing much today. Right now the cat wants laptime.

Such cute pictures of Jade. She is growing up so fast.

#1 your sounds like your daughter had to accomplish a lot over her spring break without the bad weather messing things up. I liked the sea gull pictures. It started me thinking that in the winter we see large flocks of what look like and my dad called seagulls on one of the large lakes in MO so I did some reasearch. These gulls migrate here from the Great Lakes region to winter. There are many species of gulls but no seagull. Because many species of gulls can be found in coastal areas near the ocean, humans have used the term seagull as a collective moniker for these white, shrill-crying birds for many, many years. It’s become such a commonly used term that most people don’t realize that it doesn’t apply to any specific bird.

Miss Jade is a cutie pie

Busy day today Occupational Therapy was already here for Jimmy, then we have an eye appointment for him and then hopefully we get home in time for Physical Therapy this afternoon. I think we have about three more weeks left for both. Be glad when they are finished.

I'm going to try to work on some squares today in between :)

Good morning,

Thanks katy I think the therapies are helping him with balance especially, sorry they didn't work out for you.

Got respiratory coming today to deliver a machine for Jimmy to help him when he coughs, should be interesting.

Thanks Brenda. I would appreciate that. I think about 10 squares across and 8 squares down. About 6 or 7 more rows should do. I am almost done. Not to far to go.  :hug

I'll try to get some more sent to you, too, okay?  I've got a couple of girls left to do for this month, too, so you'll be in the "bunch" ~ :)

Good Afternoon, 

Brenda, thank you for the birthday squares  and birthday card, loved the texture of two of them and the heart in the middle.

carole (Lovin2Crochet) thank you for the birthday squares and birthday card,  loved the "4 heart granny" also the purple and varigated yarns.

MaryJo thank you for the birthday squares great colors and the birthday card.

I will take pictures when my dad is feeling better to help me download them, now I have to hurry as physical therapy is coming for my husband.

Brenda wow, on moving all that dirt, sounds like you will have a great garden.

Katy, glad to hear you are feeling stronger.

Rene'

So glad you got the granny squares and like them, Rene'.  (I'm sorry I misspelled your profile name, too.  My fingers kinda did their own version ~ :P )  Hope your birthday was great, too. :hug

Dh was off today and had an appointment to look at a house. I said OH H___ NO when we pulled up. He said he couldnt tell from the picture that it set on a really steep hill and had lots of steps inside the house-----maybe 40 years ago nah even 40 years ago I already had enough of mowing terraces to know I didnt want to mow this hillside. The drive way from the street to the house was way too steep probably 45 degree angle, only flat area was small area out the back door.

I know it's been a while so I just want to check in and say "hi".

DD had Spring Break last week when we got our foot of snow and ice precipitation- it was an awful week for her because she had a big project along with a quiz to take. With two days unable to travel, we were scrambling to pick up art supplies; take photos and get the photo mounted for a display; not including how she was to glue her project and photo to have it look professional with no air bubbles.

To top it off, she forgot things to bring back that I had to mail.

The weather is nice today and the snow is melting. I love birds in general and felt bad that they were chirping away after our snow and couldn't get any food. I throw bread out for them often, but seagulls and geese can be very aggressive when they get used to being fed by humans. They also make a mess. We are told not to feed the geese in our park or we can get fined. There are classes to teach how to oil their eggs to limit the population. I think it is mean but oh well. We had seagulls a few weeks ago in the pond that were gorgeous.

One caught a fish. The water in the pond is salt mixed with fresh so there are many interesting things that live in it.

Seeing these seagulls really brings back memories for me, that's for sure!  When I was in Southern California, in high school, we would get hordes of gulls at our outdoor eating area . . . yeah, I remember the girls and guys dodging them, to keep from getting pooped on!  LoL  I usually stayed out of the open area, as most others did, too.  Weird thing was, tho, we were about 20 minutes from the beach and they managed to flock inland.

Glad to see you back here ~ :)

Archived