Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning

daphne i'm also one of those idiots that feeds the sea gulls, haven't done it lately  :reyes

sorry pineknott (mom)

gotta go hubby is getting restless :P

At least, Im not the only one!!! :) I adore those birds! And Crows, and owls, and Blue Jays...

Yeah back to more normal temps today. 50 this am with a high of 60. I love cool crisp mornings. It felt good puttering around out there this morning in short sleeves. I am a little sore today but not as bad as I expected.

Mary Jo we have had a few people in the past request cotton squares but its been awhile.

Around here people feed the Canadian geese so they can be rather obnoxious. I can remember when it was a really big deal to just see one and now they are everywhere so much so that they have problems at golf courses and swimming beaches from all the poop.

hmmm... cotton squares. What could be done with those... hmmmm

A few pictures of Miss Jade

awww, she is getting so big! Adorable...

Hello all! Quick stop in before I figure out what to heat up for dinner. Thinking the left over chili...have to add some peanut butter to mine tho, Mom made it a little hot  :lol  

I hope all are well or mending and that everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!  :hug:ghug 

Mr Tribble always has a peanut butter sandwich with his chili. I don't really like peanut butter  unless it is in rescees, lol. I usually have a grilled cheese with mine.

I had a lot to catch up on.  I twisted my knee in my sleep the other day and it has been giving me trouble, so I have not been on for a few days.  You girls really have been busy.

I hope your knee is feeling better and I LOVE Miss Purple. So cute

Don't have much to report from here, lol... Have a great night all.

After a week-long struggle with "arthir", geesh!  I got back to my crocheting again, finally!  :crocheting   Hubby was having bouts with his lower back, and then leg spasms, too.  Thankfully we both are doing much better.

Now, I need to get Immafreak  and  Katyallen8090 's addresses so I can get their squares in the mail ~ :hook  Please send?

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  to Immafreak  and  Katyallen8090 ~ :birthday   :bday :birthday    

:manyheart    :hug  :yay  Hope your day was extra specially blessed!

crol and kariebug did you gget your squares from me before i went underground ?? lol. i dont have my post list here but let me jnow if not ill send more ok. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

out of the bix and these are just the 8 inch ones. lol. anyone like PINK lol.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nope, I don't think I got squares from you, Katy.  But I'll be so pleased to receive from you when you feel up to crocheting some ~ :hug   Thank you.

Daphne I love watching the birds In our back yard we have robins, blue jays and cardinals and several others that I don't know the names of!!!

What does peanut butter do with chilli?  first time I heard of it was when Katiebug posted.

Carole (Lovin2crochet), sorry you were having trouble with "arthir" glad to hear you and hubby are doing better.

Only got one square done yesterday, had to undo  2 rounds as I came up with 3 stitches too many, but luckily I was able to make it work.  I've got a slow day today for a change so I hope to get more than one square done today.   

Mary Jo the ears on Miss Purple looked better. Gee its really bad when you are hurting your knee in your sleep. Hope its better.

Carole glad you and hubby are feeling better. Arthir just needs to stay away.

Rene' its good to see you making squares again. Sometimes I have days where I have problems with a square pattern I have made hundreds of times.

I spent this morning throwing mud back in the dog hole at the back of the shed and fortifying the barricades. I hope it works as I have other things I need to do. Its misty out today which is good as it will help pull us out of our drought.

Daphne I love watching the birds In our back yard we have robins, blue jays and cardinals and several others that I don't know the names of!!!

What does peanut butter do with chilli?  first time I heard of it was when Katiebug posted.

Carole (Lovin2crochet), sorry you were having trouble with "arthir" glad to hear you and hubby are doing better.

Only got one square done yesterday, had to undo  2 rounds as I came up with 3 stitches too many, but luckily I was able to make it work.  I've got a slow day today for a change so I hope to get more than one square done today.   

I got hooked on bird watching some years ago while living in Oklahoma.  That was when I fell in love with this little bird, a Rainbow Bunting!  He was beautiful!  I don't get many birds here to speak of, just a few Cardinals, Robins, Bluejays, Gold Finches and the occasional Baltimore Oreole if we're lucky.  Plus I get a number of woodpeckers, too ~ "Woody" the redheaded woodpecker, Flickers and Downey woodpeckers.  Then I think everyone gets those pesky Starlings!!  Different sparrows are plentiful here, too.  Our neighbor has a Martin house in their yard, so we benefit from their mosquito hunts ~ LoL

Thank you, too, regarding me and hubby's arthir pains.

I hate when that happens with the "too many stitches" in a section or row, Rene'.  I had much the same problem, too.  Had to "frog" both of my heart squares down to get them squared off and smaller sized.  I love crochet just so we get more opportunities to "design" our own works ~ LoL

Mary Jo the ears on Miss Purple looked better. Gee its really bad when you are hurting your knee in your sleep. Hope its better.

Carole glad you and hubby are feeling better. Arthir just needs to stay away.

Rene' its good to see you making squares again. Sometimes I have days where I have problems with a square pattern I have made hundreds of times.

I spent this morning throwing mud back in the dog hole at the back of the shed and fortifying the barricades. I hope it works as I have other things I need to do. Its misty out today which is good as it will help pull us out of our drought.

Thank you, Brenda, regarding hubby and me.  I agree ~ just wish it would go away for a looong time ~ LoL  We just keep praying and poppin' those pain pills ~ :lol

Hey!  Regarding the dog holes?  Have you tried using a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on the perimeter or the fresh dirt in the hole?  I read somewhere that it usually does the trick in detering pesky pests ~ ;)  Hope you find a "cure".  I know it must be frustrating and a lot of needless added work, too.

Finished Miss Purple.  I added 2 sc's to the ears and stretched them when I stiffened them.

I gave this one to my friend instead of the green one.

attachicon.gifEaster Bunny Purple003 (2).JPGattachicon.gifEaster Bunny Purple004 (2).JPG

My next one is a belly dancer. :rofl 

Your bunnies are so cute, and fun-looking!  I love your collection of crocheted figurines and dolls, too.  (Working in thread is my weakness!)  Anxious to see the Belly Dancer bunny, too ~ LoL  Oughta be SO cute!

We watch the birds too. Carole we have lots of cardinals finches robins blue jays and different woodpeckers like you. We also have several hummingbirds. They should be returning in few weeks. My neighbor has fed them for years so she gets lots. It wasnt too hard to coax them over here. The woodpeckers and orioles will feed at my hummingbird feeders. I love watching and listening to our mockingbirds and mourning doves. Sometimes there is a blue heron in the pond. We sometimes see the owls but I hear them nightly. We see and hear turkey an quail. We also see bluebirds. Buzzards and hawks are common sights. The hummers are my favorite. I like hearing them buzz by and squeak when I am outside. I am really going to miss them when we eventually move. In the evening if you watch closely you can spot a bat flying around the flood light.

HAi all!! hope your kne is better today mj and bgs my question is hat is in that what is it those dogs are so i terested in getting to?? maybe there is a racoon family they are after or something??

ok carole guess what i found?? A puffy with your addy on it in a drawer ith my remaining manilla envelopes. it had come back as i must have messed up the addy. i will resendwith the others mid month ok i apologize for my boo boo. standst o reason then katie bug must no have gotten hers either, although i havent found that puffy so perhaps i hadnt gotten them ready to mail beforei went mia. i was feeling pretty bad but will get on this soon ok. im much better now!!

HAi all!! hope your kne is better today mj and bgs my question is hat is in that what is it those dogs are so i terested in getting to?? maybe there is a racoon family they are after or something??

ok carole guess what i found?? A puffy with your addy on it in a drawer ith my remaining manilla envelopes. it had come back as i must have messed up the addy. i will resendwith the others mid month ok i apologize for my boo boo. standst o reason then katie bug must no have gotten hers either, although i havent found that puffy so perhaps i hadnt gotten them ready to mail beforei went mia. i was feeling pretty bad but will get on this soon ok. im much better now!!

Oh! girl, you're forgiven ~ LoL  I'm just glad you finally are getting thru this bad time with your foot and getting better!  Do you have my correct address?  If not I will resend to you, okay?  Just let me know.  Do take your time in getting your behind stuff pulled together, and take it easy!  You've got a lot to sort thru in your mind, heh? :hug

I just finished a mess o' squares myself and am getting them ready to mail . . . just need YOUR mailing address, too, while waiting on a couple of others to send me theirs ~ ;) 

We watch the birds too. Carole we have lots of cardinals finches robins blue jays and different woodpeckers like you. We also have several hummingbirds. They should be returning in few weeks. My neighbor has fed them for years so she gets lots. It wasnt too hard to coax them over here. The woodpeckers and orioles will feed at my hummingbird feeders. I love watching and listening to our mockingbirds and mourning doves. Sometimes there is a blue heron in the pond. We sometimes see the owls but I hear them nightly. We see and hear turkey an quail. We also see bluebirds. Buzzards and hawks are common sights. The hummers are my favorite. I like hearing them buzz by and squeak when I am outside. I am really going to miss them when we eventually move. In the evening if you watch closely you can spot a bat flying around the flood light.

Yeah, I guess we do get about the same kinds of birds, heh, Brenda?  I haven't seen any hummers yet, but I still need to get my feeders put out, too.  So far, we've had Robins, Cardinals, Bluejays, Bluebirds and all the woodies.  Our temps are holding now in the 50's and upward now ~ yay!  So maybe Spring is here to stay!  Even got a couple of kitties that are gonna be mommas in a couple of months, too ~ :reyes  I really need to contact the animal shelter to see if they still do the spaying and neuturing!

So are you moving from the county then, Brenda??  Wow!  I'll bet you're gonna miss it big time!  I know I would.  Me and hubby sure have had the "country bug" bite us hard! LoL  We can't imagine going back to the big city again!  Visits are enough to give the ol' heart a good kick!  :D 

Since our pain issues have subsided now for a bit, I'm needing to get back on my rearranging the front bedroom and get it set up with all my sewing and crafting stuff!  Hubby has to finish the trim around the front window, first, then I can dive back into it.  I'm tired of my office and sewing machine/cabinet being at the other house, so every time I need something, I have to take a hike over there to fetch it all.  Or I have to do that task over there . . . and you know how that can be, right?  LoL  You always need something else at the other place ~ :reyes

Hope you're having a good evening.  Time for me to get back to finishing my huntin'-n-peckin' on here.  :hug 

Katy last few days I have seen a rabbit run under the shed. Two sections of the shed have wooden floors and one section has concrete. The walls in places dont run all the way to the ground so little critters get in where the floor is concrete or under it where the floor is wood ----most common are rabbits and cats.

Good Morning.

Sorry to read about the arthr pain.  Boy I know that.  I think that is what is wrong with my knee.  Today it is ok, but we are expecting rain this weekend, so it will probably flair up.

We have the mocking birds, bluejays, cardinals, sparrows, blue herions and most of the time white egrots.  Once in a while we will see a peacock.

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well snowbear, I do hope they find what is wrong.

Off to the grocery store, as I ran out of coffee and the only kind I have left is instant and vanilla flavored. UGH!!

Have fun today and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Good Morning.

Sorry to read about the arthr pain.  Boy I know that.  I think that is what is wrong with my knee.  Today it is ok, but we are expecting rain this weekend, so it will probably flair up.

We have the mocking birds, bluejays, cardinals, sparrows, blue herions and most of the time white egrots.  Once in a while we will see a peacock.

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well snowbear, I do hope they find what is wrong.

Off to the grocery store, as I ran out of coffee and the only kind I have left is instant and vanilla flavored. UGH!!

Have fun today and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I sure hope your knee gets to feeling better, too, MaryJo.  Don't ya hate being a weather barometer?  We had a storm move into our area last night so both of us woke up achin' and painin'.  Ain't gettin' nothing done around here at all!

I am getting ready to send a puffy out, so hubby will make the post office run for me . . . good man ~ :D

Just waiting on addresses from those I've contacted, then I'll have a couple more in the mail.

Hope everyone is doing good.  Sorry to hear you're under the weather and hope it isn't serious either, Snowbear, but I hope your "giftie" brings a smile to you.  Prayers for you, friend ~ :hug 

The sun is shining now, so it's a gonna be a great day!  :manyheart

Hi everyone!  Boy has it been busy on here (it's tough trying to keep up with all the posts).

I'm so sorry about your knee, Tampadoll.  Hubby and I get foot cramps often.  I hope it's feeling better. 

I also remember Dobermama and she will be in my prayers.

Snowbear, I really hope that your intestinal problems are minor and will also pray for you.

Weather was great here today after a rainy weekend along with rain on Mon. and Tues.  Hubby and I went to the movies over the weekend to see "Kong" and loved it. 

Hopefully I will have the bunny done within the next couple of days.  I have the sewing (ugh) to do on it.

I have posted the new tote.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158906-c’ville-april-2017-tote/

Meet Spring Blossoms.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Katy hope you are feeling better each day. How's the foot doing?

I'm off to take care of fur babies and finish more on the house and yard. I just sat down and thought I would check in for a second.

It's getting warmer everyday , thank goodness.

good morning

nice that you popped in to say Hi,Owlvamp,hope your furbies are on the mend.

funny how trying to sleep and waking up gasping,can't breathe,will find you in the ER,it wouldn't have gone away on its own,have Bronchitis,entering day 3 of meds,can't wait till its  over and done with

enjoy your day

oh my rainy here again dark and chilly. Sandra so glad you are back among us. Herc must be doin better??

so nice to be reading all your posts too although i too sometimes have trouble keeping up with them lol.

well im going to start soon matching up some squares to some of you but i have time as i will mail out midmonth so will do that soon.

i dont want to make too many more ill i place the ones i have in new forever homes lol!!

Good idea on the forever homes.

I have finished the Belly Dancer bunny and here she is.

attachicon.gifHare-M Dancer Bunny001 (2).JPG

Here she is with her friend Hare Roller Bunny

attachicon.gifSugar Bunnies (2).JPG

How adorable is that!  I love the Belly Dancer Bunny!  She even has her "ching-ching" belt on ~ LoL  The Roller Bunny is so cute, too, in her robe and slippers.  You did a beautiful job, Mary Jo, and so fast, too!

Hope you're having a good day so far.  We're getting some sprinkley rain here and a bit chilly.  But still better than the winter temps 40* and lower!

Archived