Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hello all and Merry Christmas or whatever it is you happen to celebrate (honestly, I'd type them out, but I can't spell them all  :lol )

I hope everyone is having a great Holiday today! I didn't get to sleep until about 5 am, and then I managed to wake up before the kids did at 9! Santa brought them light sabers, clothes, dolls for DD, minecraft for ps3 for DS, a drone for DH, and a beautiful neckless for me! 

Now, I have the Christmas Ham in the oven and I got a few other things to cook, but that's going to wait a while, I still am not quite with it...maybe some coffee?

Well, anyway,  :2snowman  :sheepxmas  all that other good stuff!  :hug s for all and I shall see you later!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

I have a few minutes and I needed to try out my new laptop/tablet that my parents gave me for Christmas. Our morning brunch went great, there was plenty of food and laughter, the grandkids loved their gifts. Now I'm at my youngest daughter's house and we'll be going to her sister-in-law's house for dinner.

I hope you are all having a Merry Christmas!

Glad to see everyone is having a good Christmas. I have Christmas dinner in the oven now. We are going to be eating in a half hour. Have a wonderful evening all.

Good Morning everyone.

Well it is the day after I do hope you all survived.  The one thing I miss at this time of the year, is family.  Growing up our big celebration or dinner was Christmas Eve, Tampa Guy's was Christmas Day.  So when we got together, we would go to my sister's house for Christmas Eve Dinner and they would come to our house Christmas Day.  It was lots of fun and laughter.  It was always a lot of work, and eating, but it was fun. 

We got calls from all the kids and that was nice.

I am now to the point, that I do not care if I see another piece of turkey or even ham (well until New Year's Day).  I want a simple hamburger tonight.

I hope you all got what you wished for.

Off to make breakfast and then finish up the tote for the New Year.

We survived another one. Things actually went smoother than anticipated. My sister and I were starting to get aggravated as nephews family never lets her know if they are coming and if so what time. They have always gone to his wifes family first. Niece called to see if she could bring dogs and come earlier than told because she wanted to go to her dads in the afternoon. Then another sister asked about coming earlier and would be bringing her daughters room mate if that was ok. Sister told people arrival time based on when she would get home from church. I asked my sister did she ever dream about waking up in Disneyworld the happiest place in the world on Christmas morning like I do.

Its just been hard year for her between work, surgery on her hand and and dealing with dads house. We had to drive back home in the dark and pouring down rain and anymore. It was hard to see the road in some of the construction zones but we made it back in time to see most of the game.

Good morning everyone

hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be,I made a big pan of Lasagna,which we will be eating  for days,but thats okay.

Bill will be talking to admin at the home today,he was blocked from skyping with his sister in Germany yesterday,I think they blocked the wifi so the workers would work instead of being on skype,but little did they know,they ruined mom's hope of talking with her daughter on Christmas day,hope they can resolve it by the 30th,aand they can get on,on mom's birthday,she'll be 96.Anyone going in search of bargains today?

nope,not me,it will be a mad house,and I don't care for pushing and shoving.

Lea safe travels.

We stay home and everyone came here and left. We ate , opened presents and everyone packed up and left the mess to me and the girls. I love thoughtful family and holidays.

Nope not going out to check out the deals. It will be a zoo out there everyone taking their gifts back for whatever reason.

When I buy a gift I really think about the person I'm giving it to. I don't want them in those lines if I can help it. There goes the reason why you make your gifts they will never be in those lines.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Me just going to sit around and crochet some and pick up the house.

so sorry about the skype thing linda. I i hope they get it all worked out before her birthday!! 96 wow congratz to her!!

Glad you got home safe brenda as it was pouring here too we had thunderstorm warnings out. on Christmas!! never has that happened before as long as i can remember!!

and there is always someone that insists on throwing a wrench into your well laid plans!! in my own mind it goes down like this.

if im cooking ill call the ti me to be here. if you are not going to make it on time ti me or at all or early take your chances cos we are eating at the planned time weather you are or are not with us lol. wouldnt that be nice to say that lol

We enjoyed our meal and our company and the presents too. lol. handy got his Rachel Ray cookwear set life time e guarantee too and in blue to match the kitchen a fact.only daughter and i reasoned lol. she too got a set hers i. red to match her kitxhen! , and I got at least 10 or 12 very premium coloring books i men these babies are hard cover coloring Journals and i ooohed and ahhhed each page of each book!!

and markers and pencils and i got a set of prismacolos and some gel pens i mean i can color for months before buying anymore supplies. lol.

and gloves and books and and and . i was really thrilled at my goodies.

Handy's books will be arriving early next week and one other thing i ordered but cnt remember now lol all in all Santa found us lol.

like i said we enjoyed it but sorta glad to get back to routine now. now one more hurdle and that is to get on with a. new year. this one was not so great! !lolbut we made it!! hope you all had a great time and are all back to routine now if you wanna be. I find myself thinking of yarnmonkey for some reason. I bet that little nephew peanut of hers is all grown up by now. !! she was always on the move that one!!

and viking and little viking too. probably all grown up. wow. its so true. Christmas is for the the kids you know. a nd cindy and jessica and Lacey too. All those with little ones I i hope those we used to know had good holoidays and good health.

Is it true that no one really knows what day for sure we should be celebrating the birth of Jeaus?? Why and how in all that is written about that is there no record of the precise day?? Or did i miss some thing?? blows my mind! that would be ONE fact you would WANT to wrie down right?.

We had a great day yesterday. Today we head out to hubby's family. This is the one that could be rough. Lots of strong personalities that don't get along very well. On the positive side, we're not supposed to be there until 3, so if things go badly, we're not there long. I hate feeling that way!

eell sandra glad you all had a good time and clean up is a small price to pay i guess but it is always nice to get some help lol. growing up clean up at our house was fun cos we would jusr ball or. crumple up the wrappings and throw them in the fire place!! we all liked doing that. and i can tellq you that my sister and I never ever left there without doing dishes and puttung food away. it was just a given and a tha k you for mom being the one that cooked i guess!! one year i remember asking g her is this the last load cos i have not done much in the way of pots and pans yet?? I accused her of hiding some dirty pots nd pans fro.m us nd sure enough when my sister looked in the oven there was the stack!!!! she said she didn't want us to do them all but we made short work of it. from that year on we just automatically would check the oven LOL. fond memories. and we always laughed about the one year she tried to fool us.

i never minded going to mil hose she always had her celebration-and di. er er on Christmas eve. there were lots of people and no where to sit and every one talking at once and kaos but we always went and for that one night every one got along with ecery one lol.

update on the skype

there might have been a power flop and it set it to secured,admin here apologised up one side and down the other,someone has to come from Ohio to reset it,if its not fixed by her birthday 30th,they will make arrangements for Bill to use Admins connection

Lacy nice photos.

Katy I sent cards to Viking, yarnmonkey and grannyannie. Ann sent one back and says she hopes to be back with us this year. Sis generally handles the chaos far better than I do but things that have bothered me for years were bothering her this year. I did get aggravated with the one niece bringing the two dogs and letting them be underfoot while we were setting the food out. The big one ran into me and nearly knocked me over. Then not once but twice she felt she need to demo the dog in all out attack mode on a toy where the dog has such a hold on it that when they lift the toy up and down the dog goes with it. Mind you this is a german shepherd and they are doing this in the living room. Some of us were in another room and took us by surprise all of a sudden hearing the dog growling barking and snarling.

Good morning everyone

hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be,I made a big pan of Lasagna,which we will be eating  for days,but thats okay.

Bill will be talking to admin at the home today,he was blocked from skyping with his sister in Germany yesterday,I think they blocked the wifi so the workers would work instead of being on skype,but little did they know,they ruined mom's hope of talking with her daughter on Christmas day,hope they can resolve it by the 30th,aand they can get on,on mom's birthday,she'll be 96.Anyone going in search of bargains today?

nope,not me,it will be a mad house,and I don't care for pushing and shoving.

Glad they got it under control pineknott.

Little Tribble liked all of his gifts. I think we got more squeals out of him over his new shirts and pack of underwear than we did anything else. LOL...

Little Tribble got me a green crystal he says is an emerald. It is currently in his safekeeping so I don't "lose" it. Hubby got me a plastic drawer set for my yarn and current projects, an R2D2 box, a dragon pin, a cute dragon statue, and a box of haircolor for my hair. Mom got me a French fry maker so I don't have to cut up potatoes anymore and sheets for the bed.

Lacy nice photos.

Katy I sent cards to Viking, yarnmonkey and grannyannie. Ann sent one back and says she hopes to be back with us this year. Sis generally handles the chaos far better than I do but things that have bothered me for years were bothering her this year. I did get aggravated with the one niece bringing the two dogs and letting them be underfoot while we were setting the food out. The big one ran into me and nearly knocked me over. Then not once but twice she felt she need to demo the dog in all out attack mode on a toy where the dog has such a hold on it that when they lift the toy up and down the dog goes with it. Mind you this is a german shepherd and they are doing this in the living room. Some of us were in another room and took us by surprise all of a sudden hearing the dog growling barking and snarling.

Our dogs are always underfoot, since they are part of the family. Falkor just realized that if he brings you his ball, you will throw it for him, so he spent the day giving his ball to everyone to throw... Too funny!

Slept a good bit of today, I guess Christmas wore me out! Now back at work... I have late Christmas gifts to finish up before January so I am hoping to work on those tomorrow. I have two dragon scarfs I have to make and a can cozy.

Have a great night all. Was awesome having leftovers so I didn't have to cook today.

Katy I just held my tongue. We have also learned we need to do a silver ware count before the trash goes out. Sis is missing two forks to her good set and would have neen missing another but she caught another niece throwing hers away with her paper plate.

We actually went to the zoo today and not many people were there. Then we stopped at JoAnns as I needed some thread and bias tape. Yarn was on sale and I was week. I had made it all year up to today only purchasing 2 skeins of scrubby yarn and two spools of cotton thread (I did get some for Christmas but I didnt buy it)

I usually have a message on our machine when I get back home Christmas from friends in town from NC wanting to get together. Last year it iced during my allotted time in their schedule so I didnt get to see them. Wouldnt you know this year weather is great and dh has all kinds of time off and no phone call. One year we got the call just as we were leaving for my sisters and the only time they could meet with us was basically right then so we met them for lunch and then went to my sister. She used to let me know in advance but then there were a couple of times we rearranged schedules to meet with them and they decided to head home early cancelling on us.

Just arrived in  WV at my Grams.  We are staying in a motel but did have dinner with her , my aunt and uncle

The food was horrible, but I just loved being with my Grams so much I HARDLY noticed....

Families are such curious things, I look at my brother and think how much I love him, and then how much I would like to slap him in the head :lol   The older I get the easier it becomes to roll with it.... I figure I won't care about anything byt the time I am my Grams age!!

Off to relax before going to bed, tomorrow is a day filled with some legal work for my mom :(  and visiting as many relatives as I can in 18 hours!

:morcoffee  :morcoffee

Good Morning,out the door early to get the truck in the shop,stop at Mickey D's,wait on stove delivery.

library run to pick up my participation prize for completing the 52 book challenge  :applause 75 read,maybe one more and thats it for this year.

Archived