Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy I really like them too. I have one of their Christmas cds. Do you have any of the knifty knitter long looms? I do around 20 pegs (10 on each side) and follow directions for double knitting and no e wrapping. I had yarn that no matter what I tried I hated the results when crocheted but it worked up really nice on the loom.

oh I never laughed so hard,got an e mail from sil in Germany,she was detailing her trip back from the beauty shop,she had gotten a haircut and style,the hairdresser put something in like dippity do ( oh my gosh remember that??)she walked home,it was windy icy and damp out,she said when she got home,she had a hairdo of Phyliis Diller,she is a tiny person 5ft and about 100pds soaking wet.

I was up at 8,but didn't open the computer till I got back home,went out to get one last gift,and a couple of special cards,and treated myself to two big boxes of color pencils,50 ct Crayola,and 72 ct Crazeart,so I'm set for pencils for awhile.

Oh man I am laughing I remember dippity do and Phyllis Diller.  That stuff was worse than hairspray.

Ok glad to hear we are staying.  I just want to say this is almost as good or even better than a chat room.  Here we can go away for a while and come back, and catch up.

I don't know about anyone else, but I love cards.  Just cards, it makes me feel good that someone thought enough about me to send me a card.

I was on FB and a friend posted something about keeping squirrels out of the bird feeder.  I fought them till I gave up and just put everything away.  Anyway, this person hooked a slinky to the top of the poll.  When the squirrel climbed up, at some point he used the slinky to grab on to.  He would grab it and of course it would go to the bottom of the poll, the squirrel lets go.  Then it springs back up to the top.  It really cracked me up.  I have to figure out how to show it to you.

Well, just finished dinner of Chicken Alfredo with Cesar salad and garlic toast.  I had Zimfidel and John has Sangria. 

Now off to watch some TV.

Mary Jo my dad used the slinky trick on his bird feeder too. I wish I could but ours is mounted on a big wooden post. When my Foxy dog was alive we would chase the squirrels away from the bird feeder. I sure miss her. I really love getting cards too. I keep cards and letters and look at them over and over. I have ones from friends and family long gone. I need to go thru and thin them out but want to hold onto some of them as long as I can. In fact my aunt let me bring home a box of cards and letters that my grandpa wrote 80+ years ago and he has been gone 55 years. He passed when I was 5. He was traveling the country with his brothers doing farm labor and would write grandma to let her know where he was at and that he was ok.

Wanted to pop in and wish everyone here Happy Holidays in case I don't get a chance until next year.  It will be  a busy end of year for me, but I will definitely be glad to see this year end.

I'm glad you've decided to keep this group going, Katie.  I have also noticed that this has become a ghost site for the most part.  I am not on here as much as I used to be, as well.  I find myself more drawn to Ravelry.  As the years have gone by Ravelry has grown and keeps getting more and more innovative features that I really love.

Social media hasn't helped because people go on Crochetville on facebook rather than on this actual website.  One way to get more users on here, is to only allow people to view and access this site by registering such as sites like Ravelry, and Knitting Paradise, do.  Then, it forces people to have to log in to view the content which I think makes it better anyway, as it would be a more private forum. It is difficult adding awesome features when there are only two people that actually run this site, though, as there are only so many hours in a day. 

What would be nice is to have some online workshops here.  Maybe that would draw members in.

I dunno but it's nice to chat with all of you when I do get the chance to come on. :)

Hello.

I'm glad our group will continue too.

I'm feeling better today but still coughing. I had to make a quick stop for 2 things that I forgot at the store yesterday. Then it was home to work on the baby's Christmas dress, I'm determined to have it done for her to wear to Christmas dinner. Not much else going on here. Have a great night everyone.

Katy I really like them too. I have one of their Christmas cds. Do you have any of the knifty knitter long looms? I do around 20 pegs (10 on each side) and follow directions for double knitting and no e wrapping. I had yarn that no matter what I tried I hated the results when crocheted but it worked up really nice on the loom.

oh i dont but aim to get a cd i have. not yet seem them in concert yet either but absolutely enjoyed riverdance a couple times. those gals sing like a choir of angels so beautiful so etimes makes me cry!! and the violinist is such a little pxie and so talented.

I havd one long loom that i have never used cause idont k ow how lol I was thinking a long tube would make a neat scarf and then i wont have to learn that long loom lol. I think i only know how to e wrap.

Hello.

I'm feeling better today but still coughing. I had to make a quick stop for 2 things that I forgot at the store yesterday. Then it was home to work on the baby's Christmas dress, I'm determined to have it done for her to wear to Christmas dinner. Not much else going on here. Have a great night everyone.

Wanted to pop in and wish everyone here Happy Holidays in case I don't get a chance until next year.  It will be  a busy end of year for me, but I will definitely be glad to see this year end.

Im glad were sticking around too!!

I'm glad you've decided to keep this group going, Katie.  I have also noticed that this has become a ghost site for the most part.  I am not on here as much as I used to be, as well.  I find myself more drawn to Ravelry.  As the years have gone by Ravelry has grown and keeps getting more and more innovative features that I really love.

Social media hasn't helped because people go on Crochetville on facebook rather than on this actual website.  One way to get more users on here, is to only allow people to view and access this site by registering such as sites like Ravelry, and Knitting Paradise, do.  Then, it forces people to have to log in to view the content which I think makes it better anyway, as it would be a more private forum. It is difficult adding awesome features when there are only two people that actually run this site, though, as there are only so many hours in a day. 

What would be nice is to have some online workshops here.  Maybe that would draw members in.I think facebook did the most damage on the ville forums but im not one for facebook and never will be. lol

I dunno but it's nice to chat with all of you when I do get the chance to come on. :)

Mary Jo my dad used the slinky trick on his bird feeder too. I wish I could but ours is mounted on a big wooden post. When my Foxy dog was alive we would chase the squirrels away from the bird feeder. I sure miss her.

too funny a slinky?? who'D. a thought huh!!!!

and that whloe dippiity do thing wow. i have t heard of that for years!! I was never one that liked "Product" left in my hair anyway lol

I really love getting cards too. I keep cards and letters and look at them over and over. I have ones from friends and family long gone. I need to go thru and thin them out but want to hold onto some of them as long as I can. In fact my aunt let me bring home a box of cards and letters that my grandpa wrote 80+ years ago and he has been gone 55 years. He passed when I was 5. He was traveling the country with his brothers doing farm labor and would write grandma to let her know where he was at and that he was ok.

Oh man I am laughing I remember dippity do and Phyllis Diller.  That stuff was worse than hairspray. i too have old letters that my dad wrote to my mom when he was in the war and they hant. arried yet some of the locations were sensored out but for the most part they are complete.

Ok glad to hear we are staying.  I just want to say this is almost as good or even better than a chat room.  Here we can go away for a while and come back, and catch up.

True dat!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I love cards.  Just cards, it makes me feel good that someone thought enough about me to send me a card. I save them till maybe the next year and add the to the Christmas card display once again. lol

I was on FB and a friend posted something about keeping squirrels out of the bird feeder.  I fought them till I gave up and just put everything away.  Anyway, this person hooked a slinky to the top of the poll.  When the squirrel climbed up, at some point he used the slinky to grab on to.  He would grab it and of course it would go to the bottom of the poll, the squirrel lets go.  Then it springs back up to the top.  It really cracked me up.  I have to figure out how to show it to you.

Well, just finished dinner of Chicken Alfredo with Cesar salad and garlic toast.  I had Zimfidel and John has Sangria. that sounds so good. makes me hungry!!

oh I never laughed so hard,got an e mail from sil in Germany,she was detailing her trip back from the beauty shop,she had gotten a haircut and style,the hairdresser put something in like dippity do ( oh my gosh remember that??)she walked home,it was windy icy and damp out,she said when she got home,she had a hairdo of Phyliis Diller,she is a tiny person 5ft and about 100pds soaking wet.

I was up at 8,but didn't open the computer till I got back home,went out to get one last gift,and a couple of special cards,and treated myself to two big boxes of color pencils,50 ct Crayola,and 72 ct Crazeart,so I'm set for pencils for awhile.

ooooh new pencils. im excited for you lol i want to try thos prismatic ones but they are soexpensive!!!!

Katy

Rene' got a pack of prisma colors,I don't know if it was a bad batch,but they came un sharpened,and darn if she can get a point,for the cost,they were a nice nothing,she tries so many I just tend to stick to the ones that work just fine for me,and cost is just right,50 for 6.97 and 72 for 5.97

Oh man I am laughing I remember dippity do and Phyllis Diller.  That stuff was worse than hairspray.

I don't know about anyone else, but I love cards.  Just cards, it makes me feel good that someone thought enough about me to send me a card.

Well, just finished dinner of Chicken Alfredo with Cesar salad and garlic toast.  I had Zimfidel and John has Sangria. 

LOL, and here I am talking to Mr Tribble that I just love squirrels and that we should get a squirrel feeder so we can have the lovely little critters in our yard. I've never fed birds. Thought about it. Like birds but like squirrels better. LOL

What would be nice is to have some online workshops here.  Maybe that would draw members in.

I love ravelry for patterns and look at the new ones posted every day. I despise the way the forum/messages work on there. Unless I use them wrong they are impossible for me to navigate!

Hello.

oh, I am very happy we will continue! I would miss coming here to chat.

I am very happy the night is almost over. I am going to go home, take a nap then get up and try to get more things complete for Christmas. Got lost of wrapping to do (have done none of it) have to clean some, and work on more gifts. Mr Tribbles birthday is the 23rd and I about have all of the things I'm making him done for that. But am not going to be able to get his blanket done for Christmas. Going to try and have it complete before the new year. Things keep getting added to my to make list.... So I am going to be busy for a little bit yet.

Have a wonderful day all! Talk to you soon.

Good Morning

up early to do the food shopping list,I try and write things on the running list we keep on the wall,otherwise it goes poof and only when he comes back it will, hit me,what was forgotten,if its immediate I'll get it at HT,or just put it on next weeks list

Good Morning.  Another cloudy day, but it is cooler.

Carol I do hope you keep getting better.  We wear ourselves down so much, that we tend to get sick.  I do hope if you get the dress done, we can see a picture.

I love seeing little ones all dressed up.

As for squirrels, I gave up long ago and just took everything down.  Now I have the Holly Trees in the back, that are full of berries, but no birds.  Wonder where they all went?  I even have a birdbath.

Well, wanted to drop in and say Hi.

Off to make breakfast.

hi all!! sunrise is bright yellow and white and orange today!! looks like its going to be a nice day!! well thats cool i was the last one here last. night and seems the first one here this am unless Pineknott is hiding behind this post ready to ambush me lol

i neither think nor type well in the am so bear with me ok lol.

Bread store run today That i am teying trying to talk handy into to doing this am on his way to the post office. and he will most likely pick up an egg or sausage McMuffins for breakfast.

i hope you all have a great day todY and ill see you a bit later on.

oh ok there you all hiding i thoought i was first lol.

Linda that is a shame did she get the hard core or the soft that might make a diff. I like crayola and sometimes stock up on those too. and crayola markers are the best for me too. the cheaper markers dont seem the same for quality, point 'or long last ability. just me though!!

Thankyou Brenda for the link i will check it out but not making any promises lol. when i first learned those looms years ago it was my daufhter at lunch one day at the table that she showed me how. me lol. i really had no clue and apparently i am a visual learner lol.

for me i noticed the drop offs o. the ville right around the time they started the facebook thing . i don't do facebook at all im not one for social media. But that to me was a point that i noticeced the drop. seemed like the attention to this site was severky reduced. and unevenly divided between them i seldom get go ravelry anymore but find that not as friendly certainly as here. Guess this is home for good or bad lol

And if i can stand by the ville with the numerou and recurring troubles i have had with signing on staying on and all the stress and angst that came with that at those times( i know you all remember that!!!) i would for sure consider mysef a faithful and a pretty darn loyal member eh lol.

Just sAying no place id rather belong than to the ville. Ghost site naw not yet and when and if facebook dies out or goes belly up lke i seem to recall heppened to My Space well somthing else will slide into its space too but i think we'll still be here doing our thing o.n the ville and rightfully so. so we' buck up and ride out a storm or two "but we will not go quietly into that good night!! ".

I tried to just even load your yuku thing linda but would not come up. ok nuff said.

Morning all!

I have been super busy and it doesn't seem to slow down here. Just trying to get everything together and be with the grandboys. There all doing good. I have them all till Friday. Pretty cool si we have been doing little things with each of them. It's been fun and exhausting and I think I am coming down with a stinking cold. I had a migraine set in behind my eye. Those are just down right terrible.

Katy don't pull the plug! This is a place most of us can come to and say whatever is bothering us for moral support. Even though I don't post a lot right now , I read it everyday. Some days I just don't have the energy to post but love reading. So much has happened here over the past weeks that have weighed heavy on my mind and heart but I know I can come here and read and just for a short moment forget about what's going on around me. We need this thread and each other.

and Sandra is spot on too I totally agree it is home away from the stresses and strains for sure. I would also be lost without coming here and would most likely start selling my stash lol. No. not gonna happen!! lol. we will just all become the Granny Square Friends and carry on till the laat unicorn is no more. reminds me if you can ever get the chance you should get that movie it is animated and heartbreaking was my daughters fav movie when young and touches your heart The music is amazing too a really thoghtful production.

The Last Unicorn. i give it 5 star status. it was played many times at our house as so was THe Mouse frim NMPH. lol

she has converted to dvd all my home movies and has still all the disney movies and her own kid movies from long ago on dvd. she has a machine that will do that or i dunno the equip to do it. so my home e movies are safe for many years to come. lol I think we might watch some on Christmas eve as im not sure her dear hubby has seen them LOL.

ok all for now. back after taking on some substannance . lol

Archived