Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Lea besides dh's real job (federal employee) he is a volunteer firefighter, member of USCG AUX and up until a couple of years ago beekeeper. His real job is a 50 mile commute one way. I guess around here its puh con. I say its just good

Linda I used to drive to work all the time in the dark way back when but it was just 5 miles away and city streets but I dont like these country roads in the dark. They are bad enough in daylight.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all and good afternoon! After my midnight baking I had to sleep this morning after getting DS on the bus. Didn't actually get back up til a little bit ago. 

I'm not entirely sure of the pronunciation of pecan...tho when it comes to the pie, I tend to take after Spongebob and how he says it  :lol  "Peas-in-a-can-pie"...I blame my kids and the fact that Spongebob used to be on the TV more than anything!

Well, anywho, I got the dishwasher running, and I still need to sweep and mop and do more laundry. With any luck, I can play with the yarn thing for an hour or so after DS gets home from school, especally if I sweep and mop now...hhmmmm.....*looks behindme and sees the counters* nevermind, yarn will have to wait until this evening  :(  

See you all later and hope you have a nice evening!  :ghug 

Took a nap today so I could come into work tonight. I don't do cards anymore, became too lazy I guess. I used to make my own.

Didn't do much today besides nap and make supper. Made a super size meal of Tuna Noodle casserole because it has to last for 4 meals... Little Tribble actually ate a bit of it tonight. He won't eat much besides pizza, peanut butter and Jelly, Mac and cheese, and sometimes chicken nuggets and Mcdonals Mcdoubles with no pickle and no onion...

Have a grand night all!

Morning all!

I finished 3 Messy Bun/ponytail hats yesterday. Back at it again today.

Yesterday was really rough. One of my fur babies wasn't feeling good and had a few accidents.

Thank goodness I'll have an extra pair of hands tonight.

Hope everyone is doing good. Will try to check in later.

Stay warm all!

Good Morning

its mild right now,then the bottom falls out,but I noticed after the 30's and 20's it will go up to almost 70

still working on getting the Christmas cards finished.Yesterday we had a leaking feeding tube bag,thats twice this month,I wish they had given us the alternate bags for next month,but we got the same brand again,sigh

have a great day everyone

so right after we had this messy bun conversation on here, one of my friends tagged me on fb and asked if I could make her a messy bun hat..... the pattern is super simple so I said yes.... then my messages blew up and I have 30 orders for hats before Christmas... had to turn away orders..... I am off to buy the yarn this morning..... Wasn't really expecting all this before christmas! I only charged 15.00 each... dh said I should have charged more!

Anyhow, I see how the next few days are going to be!

Making baked potato soup and rolls for dinner tonight....

Have a great day folks!!

morning all!!

well the sun is out there teying to warm things up at least but there wont be any chess uts roasting on an open fire this

am for wur. lol. that whT an indoor oven is for right!!!

PA con ia how we say it here . with the accent on the con ! lol or just pie hehehe. anyway bKing oneon at midnight is phenomenal no matter what you cLl it!!

weighing in on nifgt driviing i can but chose. not to as things look so different in the dead dark of night and we have any dear around us too i would prefer Not hav e my car totaled by one nor harm a deer.

your friends lea sound like amazing people. i hope everyone had a nice time.

Changed the. ed yesterday so slept a bit better. Feeling better too about my Christmas spirit that has been aomewhat below the norm. so that is good.

finished the book i was teading. it was very interesting and most ti es grisham takes chapters to wrap up all the lose ends but n this o e he us d o ly a couple chapters to connect and tie i. things and i didnt have to ponder at the end well hey what happened to the brother sont leave me hanging lol!! all ends were tied in within id say two end chapters all questions answered!!!! I have one more of his i want to read but will probably not atart it till after Christmas and i order d hansy a couple he hant read yet so will have those two after he reads them lol. id like to read some Patterson i used to like him too after grisham. do you all do that and read everything your fav author has written. or move on without completing that list?? i guess im a bit sytematic that way and like to read all then move on.

I must call somepeople today and thank them for some little giftees they sent but calls to them and vacuuming is all so far i have no my list today. short list so far but they tend to grow longer as the day progresses lol.

some friends of ours always snd a lovely asst of Omaha Steaks which is a very generous gift and they did not dissapoint this year!!

One year the cooler it comes in crried both a ham and a turkey plus an asst of other meats. I can never reciprocate equally but they say an afghan does the job lol. i think they now own thee or four at least lol.

they do birdhouses and tole paintings on wood so handy will cut them some pieces for their hobby! one year he made Harry Cornhusker for all that wanted one I thnk only one remains above the garage here in our neighborhood though. people move and take tem with i guess.

here i a similar pic of that football mascot. https://www.google.com/search?q=pic+of+harry+cornhusker&prmd=ismvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG_uuSh_TQAhXly4MKHXUwCQ0Q_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=Twf0IYPtgbO4eM%3A

so i guess that wraps up this post lol and all ends tied up for now so i will bid you Feliz Navidad till later friends have a grand and glorious day!!

Good Morning.  Busy morning this morning. Cleaning up the desk that became a catch all.  Also doing the laundry.  2 more loads to go.

Did nothing yesterday, but sit and watch TV.  It was the longest day of my life.  LOL

Warm here, but suppose to be cool a little later in the week.  Not like what you guys are having, but for us.

Love the pictures of the mascot.  Sometimes when I get bored with the games, I look for the mascot, cause they are usually doing something funny.  I will even watch (heaven forbid) baseball, so I can see the Philly Phenatic , now he is funny.

Well, I am off to see what the world has to offer.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Hi all.

I was sure i posted my goodies from Bgs unless that was one of the ones that didnt go through!!! anyway yes i received the lovlies'! I got a mini stocking with my fav werhters cansy i it a beautudul sparkly star for decoration and a oretty card. It came several days ago and i am sure I posted about it when i got it darn it. thank you Brenda it came on one of my feeling off day sand jolted me back into a happy place. im sorry if i posted and it was one of the posts that i had trouble with going theough!!! thank you agin for thinking of me and your stocking is exactly the same way i i make mine!!!!

Morning all!

I finished 3 Messy Bun/ponytail hats yesterday. Back at it again today.

Yesterday was really rough. One of my fur babies wasn't feeling good and had a few accidents.

Thank goodness I'll have an extra pair of hands tonight.

Hope everyone is doing good. Will try to check in later.

Stay warm all!

Hope the fur baby is doing better this evening!

Didn't do anything today, slept after I got off work this morning about 4 hours then we went and picked Little Tribble up from school.

Have a good night all!!! It supposed to get COLD here...

Good Morning everyone.  It is cloudy and dreary here, temps in the 60's, (brrrrrrrrrrrrrr for us) and cold front coming in.

I sure am glad I am getting my new sweatpants today.

Well, everything is done, except for food shopping, so we can sit and relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday.  Oh I sent out my Birthday squares, I know they will be early, but I hope you do not mind.

I am off to make breakfast burritos and then work on a new Mrs. Claus. 

Have fun today, take a deep breath and relax.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Its a cloudy cold 15° this morning. Its supposed to warm up to 41° tommorrow then drop to -3°. Its going to be a cold game Sun Mary Jo as the predicted high for the day is 13°. They say it is going to be one of the two coldest kickoffs at Arrowhead.

Service came first thing yesterday morning and put the new thermostat on. I was so glad as the cat had been pretty curious about the temporary on hanging off the wall. After he left I made a PO and grocery run. I will be mailing off the last 4 cards today and wrapping the neighbors gifts. Then I have a few to wrap or at least organize for family Christmas day so I think I am right on schedule.

Katy I was so relieved to see you got your little puffy. For awhile I thought I might have written a wrong address on it. Thats one of the stocking patterns I used when I made the ones for Warmth for Warriors. It makes up pretty quick and you can use any colors.

hi all.

glad im inside its cold out there!! mJ you are selling me on moving to florida!!! lol

Mrs Clause huh cant eait to see her you co e up with such cute things its aleays a treat to see what you are up to.

i dun o k ow what youre looking for linda but we have our own artic blast here so look no further!!

mini and daphne ans katie bug hello to all.

those pony tail hats are cute. i made a hello kitty pony tail hat for daughter when she was younger!! didnt know then it would be a thing lol. mi e was a little diff in the respect that i attatched a fanxy fur "pony tail to it in her hair color as she had shorter hair then lol. she cllled it her foxykitty hat and wore i so much lol. i may still have a pic of that somewhere. i duuno anymore as i lost a ly when my old computer went out but ill have to check on that. if i have it its on a disc one of manylol

is the doggie. better sandra today??

has anyone with a dog trie that new blue mountain food??? supposed to be the best out there.

Max the cat has groen up on iams both dry and wet and is not a fan of change but i think they make it for cats too. was just windering

back hurts today i slept wtong apparently. this too shall pass huh.

my looms are still sitting on my work table. i tried a hat and messed it all up twice!! so there they sit waiting for try number three!! bout half a chance maybe of that happening today lol.

Sorry Brenda and Katy, that is just to cold for me.  I have been away from the North to long to put up with that.

Can't wait to see the games Sunday.  My Hockey team won last night up in Calgary, so can't wait to see the game tonight, but it is suppose to e about 33 degrees there. 

We have had a lot of fog here in the mornings and it takes till almost noon to get rid of it.

Just relaxing and enjoying the decorations and the season.

Keep warm everyone.

Pony tail hats WERE a great idea, as soon as I got orders I lost most of them because a local shop offered them for 10 dollars cheaper and for the same price you could get them monogram.... artist just can't compete with the made in chinas..oh well, it will save my thumb from falling off with all this crochet...

38 is the high here today... cold for us! I have stayed bundled all day.....

I have a trip after christmas to see my Grams in WV and then a trip to Ohio in Jan to take care of some business of my mom's.. I'm going to freeze to death!

Guess I need to go clean the guest room since dn will be here in 4 days.....what I am going to do with a teenager I dunno!

Oh my goodness apparently I haven't been here since Nov. 30th, how did that happen?  I was so busy with work and getting outfits ready for Disney and then we left for Disney on Sunday and got home last night. I'm suffering from Disney lag today but had to go to work, I plan to spend the evening vegging on the couch. I have a few more Christmas gifts to pick up, mostly likely they will be gift cards and buy the food for Christmas brunch and I will be ready for the holiday. Then I have 2 weeks off from work to recuperate from all the fun. Ok, I think that's it for me for now, I'll talk to you all later.

Lea sorry about the loss of sales, but you can bet they are not made with care and won't last as long.  Now you can relax.

Carol.  how were the lights and did you go to the singing at Epcot?

Getting ready to shut down for the night, so I will say good night to all.

Hello all and good late evening! I have spent the last 2 days at an almost nonstop go! Yesterday it was Dr. appts for me, Hubby, DS and DD...that took almost 3 and a half hours. Today was shopping with Mom, and tomorrow the last of said shopping will get done. Then it's deep cleaning the kitchen in preperation for the family party on Saturday. Oh what fun!

Lea, sorry to hear you lost your sales  :( 

There was someone else I was going to write a comment to, and now i don't remember..... :reyes  leave it to me

Well, I'm off for the night, going to go relax for a few minutes and then go crash! Night ladies!  :hug s for all!

well gee if it was a half hour later I'd be saying good morning,was gone at 7:45 for blood work and got home at 12:30 took a me day,and I feel refreshed yea me,lol

I found some slipper socks for 2 bucks a pair at walmart,they will be good enough to sleep in,my feet get icy and that for reason wakes me up,otherwise I sleep like a rock

well see ya in the a.m.

Archived