Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Wow Carole you have been busy. The house looks great.

Katy our temps are running about the same here. No sunshine today either so it always seems colder to me. Looking forward to that 40° tomorrow. TC pulls the towel in her crate over her food too like she is trying to hide it. Foxy used to hide food in the straw in her dog house. Her personal food bowl was kept in her house and she would flip her bowl outside when it was empty which was rare. It just seemed important to her for her bowl to never be empty so we tried to oblige her. When cold weather came we always had a hard time getting her to come in the house.

Linda I dont like the big temp drops either. We had been having unusually warm temps and then bam frigid sets in. I dont ever want to see -38 on my thermometer unless it is broken.

Mary Jo did you get to watch the game last night? Those were the true diehard fans to go sit and watch them play in that cold.

Lea I think its some sort of disorder and I have it too. I have all sorts of things I should be doing and its like some unseen force makes me do things that sort of need to be done but didnt have to be done right now.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning (almost noon!) everyone ~ :D  Boy! have I been dragging around this morning!

It was a "chilly"?? 17* this morning, but is now 28*.  Not suppose to get any warmer, tho, so guess who's staying INSIDE today? :)

Thanks for all the compliments on our house remodeling, gals ~ :)  I'm so proud of what hubby did, even tho it's not "perfect", but hey! it's what we like, right?  It's a whole lot better than it was, that's for sure.  We even have TWO bathrooms . . . don't have to take turns now ~ LoL  All new water lines, so the water pressure is GREATLY improved.  And I have more plug-ins in each room now, instead of just ONE ~ :/  That was the hardest thing to deal with I think.  Well, beside my "camper kitchen" ~ LoL  (hubby did get me a bigger cabinet and counter built so I could have more space to cook in, a couple of years ago before getting started on this other house remodeling project.) 

I've got my Granny Squares bag sitting within sight now, so it's been tugging at me whenever I walk by ~ LoL  Guess I'll be making granny squares, next on my agenda ~ :)  I've got one scarf just about finished, then have to make one more before sending the whole package off to TN to that family who was in that fire in Gatlinburg and lost everything, except their car and a few clothes.  I was mistaken about there being 40 people who lost their lives . . . thankfully, it was only 4 now, so far.  Still so devastating and horrible to see such loss.

Hope everyone is staying warm and being careful when they have to be outside.  It's good to be back in the Granny Squares thread again ~ :)  Missed ya'll!

Yeah, Brenda I got to see most of the game.  I can just imagine how cold it was and they were having so much fun jumping up and down, I am not sure they felt the cold.  Not only that, you are so close to the guy next to you, you are catching his heat.  I loved the game.  Way to go Andy and the boys.

We are only going (sorry) up to 55 today the rest of the week will be in the low 70's.  Heat wave for you guys, cold for us.

Finished the dolls, now on to the tree.

Carole, I will be sending a pm for your address, so I can send you the squares I have.

Well, off to decorate a small tree.

Have fun everyone.

good morning

working on my second cup of coffee,laundry is going,two library runs this morning,going to bring mom out to smithfield to see her friend,and hopefully it goes well and she remembers her,also got my Christmas cards started,first batch will go out this morning,have a great day

You are way ahead of me.  Good Morning everyone.

Got up this morning and that is about it.  I was going to do the cards today, but just don't have it.  I think it may be because when I got up this morning my knee decided that it was going to hurt and cause trouble .  I have a Solace patch on it, but it does not seem to be helping so far, so I am going to put on my Grumpy sweatshirt and hide in my corner.

Thank goodness all my crocheting is done.  I still have packages to pack up.

Off to my corner.  Everyone have a great day and big hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

We lost power around 4am this morning when someone took out the pole up the road. I was supposed to go to a brunch this morning but did not want to leave until the power was back on. Temperature is holding in house at 62°. dh HAD to make a run into town for coffee as he is a bear without it. He brought me back an egg mcmuffin. Power came back on around 9 BUT the new heatpump never kicked back on so now waiting on a service call after checking the breakers and answering questions. So my day is definately not going as planned

Glad to be back ya'll.  Thought  you'd like to see what me and my better half has been up to these past several months ~ :)  I'm so proud of what he's accomplished.  Not bad for a couple of old folks ~ ;)

Our loveseat is in our bedroom for now, kinda like a sitting room-bedroom combination ~ LoL  We still have to finish the livingroom and front bedroom/craft-office room, but the sheetrock is stacked in the livingroom, ready to hang ~ :)

attachicon.gifI Love My New Kitchen - Oct'16.JPG

attachicon.gifCompleted kitchen - Oct'16.JPG

attachicon.gifNew shelf for toaster oven.JPG

attachicon.gifTrixie-Smokey-DaisyMay adjusting to move - Oct2016.JPG

attachicon.gifOur bed area - Oct2016.JPG

Looks awesome lovein the wood cabinets.

good morning

working on my second cup of coffee,laundry is going,two library runs this morning,going to bring mom out to smithfield to see her friend,and hopefully it goes well and she remembers her,also got my Christmas cards started,first batch will go out this morning,have a great day

Holy heck, your an early bird!!!! I so am Not. Got up at 9:30 cause little tribble didn't wake me up when he got up. He was up watching youtube. Our friend came over, Mr tribble went with him, he's buying a truck today. He needed Mr tribble to drive his car back to his house so he could drive his new truck... ☺

So far I have laundry going, have chili in the crock pot, made little tribble breakfast. Next am going to get a shower. Once Mr tribble gets back, little tribble has a birthday party to go to from 2-3. One of his little girlfriends who says she's going to marry him. Lol. Got to get her birthday gift ready. Then I have to work tonight. Can't decide if I should crochet or take a nap once out of the shower.... I want to start on a scarf for little Tribble's teacher.

Have a great day all!!!

Might have to go eat something for breakfast getting a tad bit hungry.

You are way ahead of me.  Good Morning everyone.

Got up this morning and that is about it.  I was going to do the cards today, but just don't have it.  I think it may be because when I got up this morning my knee decided that it was going to hurt and cause trouble .  I have a Solace patch on it, but it does not seem to be helping so far, so I am going to put on my Grumpy sweatshirt and hide in my corner.

Thank goodness all my crocheting is done.  I still have packages to pack up.

Off to my corner.  Everyone have a great day and big hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Goodness, dead heat pumps, bum knees..... I thought I was the only one with lack of energy today....and my back hurts...........

Stupid me lifted a mini fridge out of the back closet and lifted it on the counter in the kitchen....( smacking myself)... its cold.... dh is outside working on the shed.... I need to get moving and finish up the as few gifts....

.....or drink more hot tea and waste my time on the computer.........

M may I borrow your grumpy sweater?

uh oh seems some of us are not having a good day today. lol chin-up ladies as this too shall soon pass. somedays are just not stars but we are grateful as every day we get up is a good day lol. look at it like that i guess huh.

no heat pump its cold here!! i hope they come soon sheesh you know

. mj is all done with projects?. you did it!! You are all ready for Christmas!! good job.

not too full of energy myself tody but the the sun is sort of out and the dusting of snow we got this am is all but gone.

the bean soup is no more as we have snacked a bit on the last remaining bit so all gone now. was delish though up to the last bowl too!!

Im a little chilly this am my body hasnt regulated too well yet lol (Throwing on my fleece wrap). i love this wrap as it is just right weight not to heavy nor too light. i think i got it on n e at a thrift store and have used it for years too.

no reason why i feel so chilled just me i guess. most nights i wear a light cotton beanie on my head to keep my head warm. lol

must be a west wind out today blowing.

oh boy would love to just sty rifht here but got some things to try to get done today soooo. see ya all later hope you r days improve!!

Morning all! Had a late start today, but a late night last night too. Head is killing me, but oh well. Fixing to go make me some coffee. I needs it! Then, sometime thereafter, I have got to pull out the decorations and get them up. Migraine or not, it has to get done.

Katy you're welcome :) I'm glad you like it!

Bgs, I got my puffy yesterday, thank you I love it! :hug :hug :hug and the adorable little ornament too!

Sorry to hear about the knee and the heat pump...and the back. :hug s to you guys

But anyway, my coffee pot is calling me to fill it up and turn it on. I'll see you lovely ladies after while! Hopefully you all have a good day! :hug s

post-41261-0-64745300-1481391970_thumb.jpeg

You're welcome KatieBug

Service was out and has installed a temporary thermostat. After talking with him a bit we are not too sure that the original thermostat installed in June with the new heatpump wasnt defective from the beginning because the unit seems to be running different (quieter and a more steady hum) with the temporary one. I dont know why but I just felt like I did not want to head out the door this morning until after the power came back on. They will come back next week to replace the thermostat. Meanwhile we are going to have to really monitor the cat. The temporary thermostat is hanging out of the wall easily within reach of her spot on the back of the sofa.

So far this year she hasnt been bothering all those "toys" on the tree but this hanging from the wall is going to be too tempting. We crate her when we leave and and when I go to bed so she cant get into mischief then.

Good evening all! Looks like it's been a quiet day on here! 

Well, I hope you all are well or mending or getting stuff done!

Have a great night all and I shall see you in the morning!  :ghug 

Bgs,

when you mentioned "toys" on the tree,when we had a cat,a calico,she would bat at one ornament that we put at her level,it was a plastic snow white ornament,she never bothered the others but felt that one was hers

Bgs,

when you mentioned "toys" on the tree,when we had a cat,a calico,she would bat at one ornament that we put at her level,it was a plastic snow white ornament,she never bothered the others but felt that one was hers

Too cute!!! My cats really haven't cared about the tree, maybe cause it smells like dogLOL

Good Morning

well today was the day to officially pull out all the winter shirts,so thats where I've been,now all I have left to do in the closet is pull the summer shirts in,and close the door for about 4 months,and start all over again

other than that its the usual Sunday drill,get shirts ready for the school week,his hours should shorten soon,with the semester finishing up around the 16th,have a good day everyone

Good Morning or afternoon depending on where you are at.

Was very busy this morning getting the cards out and I wanted to stop and show you the tree I made.

Inside knitted post-105-0-05608700-1481474693_thumb.jpg crocheted leavespost-105-0-75029100-1481474726_thumb.jpg   All decorated  post-105-0-46432900-1481474963_thumb.jpg Gif

morning all!!

cold here today too and no sun. you know i think Old Man Winter is flexing his muscles here lately and seems to be cackling the words "YOu Aint Seen nuttuin' yet !!"

and wellit is mid December so he is probably not wrong lol. i do so hate it when he's right thoughh.

Yesterday i was canceling Christmas Eve but feel better today so probably its back on lol. not sure i wanna cook anything so maybe we will decide on something take out oriented lol.

Well i have a few strategically placed Christmas things out just for the kids had they not been coming i wouldn't have just for the two of us. And got the few brunch bunch gifts all delivered yesterday with Handys help. I got the three remaining gals some fancy bed bath and. beyond ast soaps in a set. . My dd ran across them on clearence over by the store by her work andcalled a d asked if i wanted some and i said yes. thhree!!!

was just not feeling too well this month or last to make them something. . . Then i wrapped them and put a Christmassy magnet on them each. so that is done,,and outta here.

i have no projects ion my table nor stacked up on the shelf so smooth sailing in that respect i guess for now anyway.

glad you have heat now brenda whew!

all for now see you later.

Good late morning all! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday, I'm in the process of getting the kids ready for a bday party, then DH and I hafta get ready and then we can go. Little Dude already got his gift from us a couple months ago when it started getting cold. I had made him a 'ghan to keep him warm. From what his momma's telling me, he loves it  :manyheart  

Well, of I go for the day. 1 Little is dressed and just about ready to go, the other one is fixing to get a shower. Hope you all have a great day!  :hug s for all!

snow would be nice... I'm ready, but sadly it just doesn't happen here to often. Going to hear FIL sing int eh church cantata tonight and then to their house for sliders and dessert. 

I made pumpkin muffins to take to the grands tomorrow as we are babysitting, packaged up a couple more for the inlaws breakfast tomorrow, and will freeze a loaf of the pumpkin brad to take to my Grams and Uncle after Christmas.

Despite the fact I am in my jammies still ( gotta shower and put the grille on for tonight), its been pretty productive!

Mary Jo cute tree. Is that the official Ami-ville tree.

Aww Katy dont cancel Christmas Eve unless you are down in bed or cant get too far from the toilet sick. It would be time missed with your daughter. The food isnt whats important. I have always said it wouldnt bother me any to have a frozen pizza or a pot of chili for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Lea interesting ---smell of dog to keep cats out of Christmas trees. Wonder if thats what they use in cat repellant. I have actually been a little disappointed as I carefully hung things on the tree this year in strategic places just for the cat and for the most part she has ignored them. I also have what I call my Cheermeister that I can turn on to tattle on her if she gets close to the tree. Its a motion activated snowman that shouts out Christmas cheers.

It feels almost balmy out at 44° after those single digit mornings. I am so thankful too because it has been dark and drizzling all day. This time of year it easily could be freezing rain.

Hey everyone.  Finished with all cards and gifts.  No I still have to take a picture of my tree and table, besides that tree is packed up and ready for it's new home.

I am sitting here watching the football games in Buffalo and Cincinnati with the snow.  It is so cool to see them and I want to get on the field and make a snowman.  Later we get to see Green Bay and MORE snow.  Sorry, sometimes I miss it. 

Hey Chilie sounds good to me for Christmas.

Katy I do hope you start feeling better.  There is nothing worse then being sick this time of the year.  Hey take out sounds good to me, or the chilie .  The easier the better.

Hugs all around :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Evening all! Back from the party, got the tree fixed *again*...my DD seems to think she's an elf or something and likes to sit on the bottom branches or climb it, so some of then have half fallen. Good thing I keep fishing line around for when I make necklaces every now and then. Now I'm taking a short break and we're going to decorate it while watching Despicable Me.  ;) They seem to love that movie, so that's what's on right now.

Tampa, that is a beautiful tree! I thought I commented on it earlier, but apparently hadn't. I love it!

After we do the tree, I think I'm going to make bacon sandwiches for dinner...or scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon on toast. Something easy but still good that I know everyone will eat.

But, I guess I'm gonna go and get that done so I can sit down for more than 5 minutes   :rofl  I say that like it's actually going to happen!

Well, I hope you all have a great night! I'm off to decorate the tree and get kidlings fed!  :hug s

Archived