Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

KatieBug cute photos.

Linda hope you have an easier day.

The cold has set in. Mary Jo its going to be 18° with a windchill of 6° at kickoff tonight and its going to keep dropping (to 9° overnight). There is a little bit of white stuff on the ground and its a chilly 17° with a windchill of 2°. Brrrrt

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katiebug... love the pictures..

Daphne...naughty elf!!!

Keeping busy today cleaning the guestroom ( aka craftroom), need to wrap presents and get those off the bed in there. 

We adopted Mom's dog after she went to memory care and I'll be darn if she doesn't think the Christmas tree is her own personal potty! 2nd day I have scrubbed the floor.... She is crated at night and we have  an acre of fenced in yard she can pee on anything she wants out there.... she really is a sweet little thing ( Carin Terrier) , and Lincoln our Shepherd loves her to bits.....

Guess the tree skirt won't go down until christmas Eve when company comes and she will have to live outside or in her crate!

aaaw my neighbor had a carin and they are hard to train. but outside will be too cold for her to spend much time isnt it. they are kinda fragile lol least tilly was and stubborn omg!! lol good with puppy hope she works out well

over the holoidays

aaaw my neighbor had a carin and they are hard to train. but outside will be too cold for her to spend much time isnt it. they are kinda fragile lol least tilly was and stubborn omg!! lol good with puppy hope she works out well

over the holoidays

Katy it doesnt get as cold where Lea lives as it does here. At least thats what my friends tell me that lived here all their life until 10 years ago and then moved to the Raleigh NC area. Now they have a hard time with our cold when they visit at Christmas.

Quick check in all. I hope everyone that was feeling badly is better now! We've been so busy here the last couple of days getting all the Christmas things out and put up. And trying to keep up with the pesky elves on the shelf (we have 2 as grandma bought Little Tribble an authentic elf. We use one we bought for 1$ at a local store, the difference between these two elves is about 29$ and they look a little different). Anyway they have so far decorated the tree with toilet paper, ridden one of our reindeer, and gotten stuck in the printer. I wonder what they will get into tonight? LOL

Still trying to get gifts finished up. What in the world was I thinking trying to do all this and not even half of what  I wanted to do!!! BAH HUMBUG - lol.

Have a good night all!

those elves are sure mischievious arent they???? lol had to laugh how cute!!

Katy it doesnt get as cold where Lea lives as it does here. At least thats what my friends tell me that lived here all their life until 10 years ago and then moved to the Raleigh NC area. Now they have a hard time with our cold when they visit at Christmas.

oh well lol what a dun e i am i didnt look t her state i guess wi ter is wi ter here and tha is all i thoght about a poor littl carin out ahivering lol. my bad thank yo bgs for setting me straight!!

Katiebug... love the pictures..

Daphne...naughty elf!!!

Keeping busy today cleaning the guestroom ( aka craftroom), need to wrap presents and get those off the bed in there.

We adopted Mom's dog after she went to memory care and I'll be darn if she doesn't think the Christmas tree is her own personal potty! 2nd day I have scrubbed the floor.... She is crated at night and we have an acre of fenced in yard she can pee on anything she wants out there.... she really is a sweet little thing ( Carin Terrier) , and Lincoln our Shepherd loves her to bits.....

Guess the tree skirt won't go down until christmas Eve when company comes and she will have to live outside or in her crate!

Well you must admit it would be confusing since outside is full of trees to pee on and then all of a sudden a tree appears in the house. Wouldnt you rather use an indoor bathroom instead of an outhouse? Seriously I do empathize with you. Our last old dog was on diuretics at the end and it was a chore remembering to take him out as often as he needed to.

Hey! all you granny square crocheters!  Thanks to KatyAllen's reminder in a quick message, I came to see what ya'lls been up to.  Hubby and I have been busy doing remodeling on our 2nd house and just got moved into it this past September.  Sooo nice, too!  I came across my Granny Square bag, loaded with yarn and all the info on you gals for squares, so will be getting started on the making ~ :)  (I'll double check everything, too, with the "new" list on here.)

I've been working on making a few scarves and a little doll for a couple and their little 8-yr old dght who lost their home and hubby's job from the fire in Gatlinburg, TN.  Seems everything was lost in that whole town!  I think 40 people lost their lives at last count so far.  So sad for those people.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving ~ we did and of course ate waaay too much! LoL  Guess we're all gettin' ready for the big holidays of the year, heh?  Another year has gone by way too fast!  (Seems I've missed ya'll this whole year!!)

Well, glad you popped in Carole!

Brenda, I moved to NC  38 years ago, and I freeze to death when I go back home to Ohio!

yes guys, Miss Minnie Mouse is a fragile thing,..and cute as a bugs ear,  it doesn't get cold very often here and when it does she stays inside or wears a coat...mostly stays inside...

LOL, yes I agree, having the Christmas tree must be like getting indoor plumbing to her...!!

I might have dh build a platform for the tree, might help.... but that might be wishful thinking since he has a futon, an outdoor storage bench, and about 50other things on his honey do list  that are more like honey when the heck are you gonna do this before Dec 24 list...

Being self employed is feast or famine.....so he needs to get it while the feasting is good LOL

On a side note,  I am pondering how so much kitty kibble got underneath my microwave when I pulled it out to clean under it today... When I am sleeping do the cats stand in front of it and throw kibble up in the air and try to catch  it in their mouths???  Only way possible I can figure it out....

These animals, can't live with em...can't live with out em

hi all.

good news juat heard from lovin2crochet and she is still collecting the 6 inc CHristmassy colors squares. SHE hopes now to have time and space to become active again here on the thread after a lengthy house re-do!! i am awaiting her addy so if you have squares for her hopefully i will get that quickly and pass it on thanks and welcome back carole!!

Brenda, I moved to NC 38 years ago, and I freeze to death when I go back home to Ohio!

yes guys, Miss Minnie Mouse is a fragile thing,..and cute as a bugs ear, it doesn't get cold very often here and when it does she stays inside or wears a coat...mostly stays inside...

LOL, yes I agree, having the Christmas tree must be like getting indoor plumbing to her...!!

I might have dh build a platform for the tree, might help.... but that might be wishful thinking since he has a futon, an outdoor storage bench, and about 50other things on his honey do list that are more like honey when the heck are you gonna do this before Dec 24 list...

Being self employed is feast or famine.....so he needs to get it while the feasting is good LOL

On a side note, I am pondering how so much kitty kibble got underneath my microwave when I pulled it out to clean under it today... When I am sleeping do the cats stand in front of it and throw kibble up in the air and try to catch it in their mouths??? Only way possible I can figure it out....

Maybe they actually stash their kibble there just in case. They arent going to be happy that its gone missing.

hummm the old kibble tossing at night. i hear eat its a fav pastime. Max howev er is above such silly kitty games specailly when ther are things like milk rings and candy wrappers to hunt!! supper is nearing sowill heat up the rest of the bean soup and maybe some biscuits !! ok all for now later squares!!!,

Hey! all you granny square crocheters! Thanks to KatyAllen's reminder in a quick message, I came to see what ya'lls been up to. Hubby and I have been busy doing remodeling on our 2nd house and just got moved into it this past September. Sooo nice, too! I came across my Granny Square bag, loaded with yarn and all the info on you gals for squares, so will be getting started on the making ~ :) (I'll double check everything, too, with the "new" list on here.)

I've been working on making a few scarves and a little doll for a couple and their little 8-yr old dght who lost their home and hubby's job from the fire in Gatlinburg, TN. Seems everything was lost in that whole town! I think 40 people lost their lives at last count so far. So sad for those people.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving ~ we did and of course ate waaay too much! LoL Guess we're all gettin' ready for the big holidays of the year, heh? Another year has gone by way too fast! (Seems I've missed ya'll this whole year!!)

Glad to see you are back. Its sad to see or hear about all the loss from that fire.

Hey all and good evening! We had a nice evening out at Bass Pro Shop  with the kidlings. All in all it was a good night. We got home a while ago, and I finally had Hubby help me pull the tree out and set it up. Now I'm letting the boughs settle into place and then I'll pull out the decorations tomorrow and hopefully get it all decorated. Hopefully  :lol 

Other than that, I'm not going to do too much tonight or tomorrow, I have a bday party for my extra kid Sunday (the little guy I baby sit here and there, and hopefully full time soon) He turns the big 1 year old tomorrow!  :birthday

Oh sorry, I forgot about dishes and taking out the trash :rofl I know me, after I'm done with that, I'll say I'm going to bed, and then I'll sit down with my yarn and stay up until midnight or 1 am...maybe 2  :D 

Anyway, I'm off for the night! I hope you all are well and having a great night!  :hug s for each and every one of you! And I hope you all have a great day tomorrow as well, in case I can't get on...I  :cry at the thought of being too busy to say hi! Well, night all!  :ghug 

attachicon.gifreceived_10207299994970088.jpeg

attachicon.gifreceived_10207299994610079.jpeg

attachicon.gifreceived_10207299994770083.jpeg

attachicon.gifreceived_10207299994890086.jpeg

Great pictures, Katiebug!!

those elves are sure mischievious arent they???? lol had to laugh how cute!!

Oh my goodness they are. They didn't get into too much last night. Played in Little Tribble's Creeper Valentine box. Little Tribble sure does enjoy finding them every morning. I saw that they have elf pets now that come with books. Do you know those things are 30$ as well!!! Goodness. I have a reindeer I can use for an elf pet, going to put it with them one day. It's a very cute plush Rudolf. Just can't justify 30$. But would sure love to have the book. I'm having such fun with these elves. Might have to add a girl to them next year. Mr Tribble says what in the world will we do with three of them! LOL we will see.

Brenda, I moved to NC  38 years ago, and I freeze to death when I go back home to Ohio!

yes guys, Miss Minnie Mouse is a fragile thing,..and cute as a bugs ear,  it doesn't get cold very often here and when it does she stays inside or wears a coat...mostly stays inside...

I might have dh build a platform for the tree, might help.... but that might be wishful thinking since he has a futon, an outdoor storage bench, and about 50other things on his honey do list  that are more like honey when the heck are you gonna do this before Dec 24 list...

On a side note,  I am pondering how so much kitty kibble got underneath my microwave when I pulled it out to clean under it today... When I am sleeping do the cats stand in front of it and throw kibble up in the air and try to catch  it in their mouths???  Only way possible I can figure it out....

Im unsure about our kitties but our dogs pack food all over the place. Freya will bring a mouthful and eat it on the couch. Crazy dog and food crumbs!

Have a great night all.

Evening all! Had a bit of a day of it...Didn't get the decor pulled out, but at least I found it!  :lol I dug half way thru our shed (which is really a small barn) and didn't see any of it, until I looked up and saw it in the top on Mom's side. So, needless to say, I didn't mess with it. We'll get it out tomorrow. No one gets in her side of the barn  :lol 

Other than that, didn't get much done today. I did play with my loom for a while. Got a color change done on it and a row and a half of that, but that's about it...tomorrow I get to go finish the Christmas shopping. That's going to be fun...Walmart and possibly Toys 'r' Us if I can't find what I need at the other place. I hate Walmart...but I always find myself there. Plus, they have a video game I want for Little Man and one I want. Both of them are 20$ off regular price. So, yeah.

Bgs, I'm happy you like the card! 

I hope the others I sent out get there soon. But you're also the closest to me that I know of too.

Ok, well, off I go for the night. Maybe...I might get back on later hehehe

I hope you all have a good night and great day tomorrow!  :ghug  and  :hug s for all!

hi all.

good news juat heard from lovin2crochet and she is still collecting the 6 inc CHristmassy colors squares. SHE hopes now to have time and space to become active again here on the thread after a lengthy house re-do!! i am awaiting her addy so if you have squares for her hopefully i will get that quickly and pass it on thanks and welcome back carole!!

Glad to be back ya'll.  Thought  you'd like to see what me and my better half has been up to these past several months ~ :)  I'm so proud of what he's accomplished.  Not bad for a couple of old folks ~ ;)

Our loveseat is in our bedroom for now, kinda like a sitting room-bedroom combination ~ LoL  We still have to finish the livingroom and front bedroom/craft-office room, but the sheetrock is stacked in the livingroom, ready to hang ~ :)

post-32836-0-15690700-1481273705_thumb.jpg

post-32836-0-22156100-1481273741_thumb.jpg

post-32836-0-66853600-1481273845_thumb.jpg

post-32836-0-26848300-1481273918_thumb.jpg

post-32836-0-51272700-1481274037_thumb.jpg

brrrr definate chill here i think its only like 7 out. ok now yhat is more than. little chilly huh!! oh katie bug thank you for the prettiest card!! i was so aurprized! I think that it is the prettiest Christmas tree ive seen on a card!!! thank you for thinking of me!!

well finished the baby ghan yesterday and it turned out cute ill try to snap a pic later on of it. ai had to stop at about 34square as i finally ran out of varigated yarn lol.

so who k ows what next ill start on lol.

you all have a wondeful day and ill be back ib later!!

Ok, first I have been trying to finish up a couple of gifts, so I can get them out.

Love the what you have done in the house Carole and welcome back.

KatieBug love the pictures with Santa.

Lea, I had a dog who use to break off the numbs on the end of the MilkBone dog biscuits and hide them in the cushions of the couch.  He would drop them between the cushions and then rub his nose, like he was burying them.  They were for later when he ran out or a late night snack.  Use to crack me up. 

I now have to decorate and sew my last gifts.  I then will be sending out my Christmas Cards.

Have a great day today and hugs to everyone. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

that is too cute mj. we once found a petrified hamburger our sheapard had hidden in a cardboard box. sigh lol

our most recent doggie (RIP Ginger) was much too sophisticated and had more of a discerning taste lol as she didnt like milk bones much. But cat treats umm yeah lol.

i guess it is instinct you know. saving a little back for harder times.

Max the cat when he is done with his dish he attempts to scrape and cover it up for later too.

I do wish i could sew but honestly i have more troubles and it always ends in frustration for me I used to sew long go when daughter was little as it was so easy to make little things and she was so easy to dress. that changed oh long about pre-teen time lol

well the temp has climbed from 8 to 13 now so warming up a bit.

i must call too for pick up on my donation box so they will schedule me in a week or two. then that box will be outta here just so e ghans and hats and scarves for them.

Need to make a post office run today, dh is out working on redoing the shed.... forget the million things he needs  to do inside  for company :lol   maybe he is  thinking of putting some of them up out there  and then there was something about concrete and next week my idea of sprucing up is more like getting the dust off the ceiling fans !

working on my angels this week and finishing up Wyatt's tote.... then DONE what will I find to do :D

Good Morning said with teeth chattering,dang its cold,38 outside but feels like 17,these up and down temps,I like when it a gradual 5 degree drop ,then another and not this darn polar plunge,have a good day

oh a gal from my other board that is in Western Canada,her temps are - 38,my 38 would be a heat wave up there,lol

Archived