Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

So, I ended up not going to church this a.m. and I  haven't been out of the house since Thursday, but after being cooped up with dh watching his James Bond marathon..... I am sooooo ready, I am old school Bond, not really feeling the new guy... ahh well...

Thought I would finish the puppyghan today  but ended up decluttering the  bathroom and washing the windows ( yep, shows how crazy those  movies were making me)

Make a big pot of veggie beef stew, did laundry.  I did finish  two rows of the applique for the ghan...

Tomorrow is Bible study, then lunch with the ladies , then Dollar Store   then it will be dinner, dishes, and crochet.... might start watching my Christmas movies tomorrow night...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah daughter and I got sick from Little Man or the boys and Hubby. It's making itself around here. So no energy or get up and go from me. I've been extremely exhausted and want to sleep. I'm a little better tonight .....

Daughter is working on homework for college and I am crocheting a mermaid tail blanket for oldest daughter. She really wants one.

Good Morning.

Has anyone else seen the add for the new blankets for kids this year?  They are mermaid tails and fish and such. Stuff some of us has been making all year.  I cracked up and said to Tampa Guy, hey look at them, do they look familiar?

Finished the tote, so the picture will be taken today.

I hope to get moving on taking the Thanksgiving stuff down and getting out the Christmas stuff.

Well TG is up and it is time to get moving.

Have fun today and big hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Good Morning

was already out the  door at 7:45,to get his headlight replaced,dropped it off,got sausage bisquits from MickeyD's,getting ready to make the sweet potato pies that didn't get done on Thursday,only had pumpkin that day,much prefer the sweet potato one..

these up and down temps,not only have the sinuses acting up constantly,but I just can't seem to stay warm,that usually happens in January when its bitter cold,think its really because of the 30-40 degree swings in temps from day to day instead of gradual and then leveling off,ah well

Y'all have a terriffic day

Whew! Survived another one. I am not sure I have many more left in me. This is when I am really glad my Christmas things are already up. I can sit back and enjoy them while I recuperate from Thanksgiving. I cooked a big turkey so I froze some. I threw the carcass in a pot and boiled it to get all the meat off to make soup. The broth smelled so good. Fri dh dropped me off on his way to work at my sister and nieces house (at 445am). We went to Walmart around 6am. Anymore at that time of day there are hardly any customers---ratio of employees to customers is at least 2 to one. Then it was off to Kohls because niece always has Kohls bucks only good in store that morning. It was more crowded there but we noticed they still had some of the tvs that were listed as some of their doorbusters. I got my annual egg mcmuffin but also tried a chicken biscuit from chick filet. We went back to my sisters to unload and prep for the next part of our day. While my niece and I were doing that my sis went to feed dogs for her pastor as they were out of town. 2 of the 3 got out on her so she called my niece for help. It took them awhile but they finally got them back but niece had to pick one up and carry it (not a small dog either as they are huskies.) That made us late leaving for Crown Center where we had lunch and looked around. We bought a Mayors Christmas tree ornament. They are made by Hallmark from last years

Mayors Christmas tree which is set up at Crown Center. The proceeds go to help the less fortunate at Christmas. We enjoy looking at the stores and listening to the performers. I bought dh bagels and some of the tea he likes. Then we walked over to look at the Hallmark Visitor Center. We did not walk over to Union Station this year. After we left there we stopped at Westlake hardware to use coupons. dh stopped at our favorite bbq place to pick up supper. I had a hard time staying awake on the ride home. Then Sat morning I went back in to my sisters house where we made cookies while dh worked on leaves at dads house. We made cutout sugar cookies snicker doodles and strawberry cream cheese cookies( a Betty Crocker mix my niece wanted to try). Sis froze them so there will be some for Christmas, some for their cookie exchanges, and some to periodically pull out to enjoy before Christmas. We had left over bbq for lunch and leftover Thanksgiving for supper. Sun afternoon it was good to sit and crochet at the genealogy library. Then I stayed up to watch the football game and boy it was an exhausting one for players and fans.

It rained last night but thankfully it was pretty warm so no ice and snow. Its supposed to be in the 60's today which is not the norm here for the end of Nov.

I got exhausted just reading what you did Brenda. 

Today the tote is having it's picture taken and in the mean time I am taking down the Thanksgiving decorations.

Tomorrow morning I have a Dr.'s appointment. (3 month check-up) and then to the store and finally home.  Wed. I start cleaning so I can put up my Christmas decorations.

They were showing the malls down here on Friday morning and there was hardly anyone there.  They even flew over the parking lots and it was soooooooooooo empty.  I guess most people went Thursday night.

Yeah the temps here are driving my sinuses crazy also. I have been fighting a headache for 3 days now.  I guess I better take the sinus medicine.

Oh I fell asleep during the game and heard about the finish this morning.  Well, all my teams won yesterday and tonight is the last one.  Let's hope they follow the rest.

Morning all!

My plan for today I'd finish up the blankets and sheets.

Feed my fur babies and run them.

Fire up the saw and cut out my blocks and Jena pieces. Making my own yard games. Yep, you heard right. I will fire up the saw and use it myself. I waited on hubby long enough and nothing has got done. I will feed the fur children no then get to cutting. Then will sand and paint. My work is cut out for me.

Not feeling the grandest today but I must push forward. Later will continue with the mermaid tail blanket.

I hope all is well and staying warm. Unfornately I will be out side getting cold. Brrrr!! Hopefully not to cold though.

The tote is finished and posted.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158169-c’ville-tote-december-2016/#entry2720292

The full picture of all the characters in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is posted.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158170-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer/#entry2720294

Mary Jo the colors of this tote worked out beautifully. The extras are really cute too. I love your Rudolph characters. They all look just like they do in the show.

Sandra you are going to be busy today. Hope the saw starts up easy and you dont have to run it too long. Our big one is too hard on my back.

Katy sorry your charity drop off moved too far away. This year I think I enjoyed making the little stockings that are sent to the military the most. It wasnt much to mail them. I found huge bags at Dollar Tree and was able to mail 50 at a time. I am going to make them off and on through out the year for next year and they dont have to be Christmas colors. I make hats and scarves when I dont have specific projects and box them up. Then I periodically tell my sister and niece I have them and ask if they know of anyone collecting them. Sometimes they are having drives at work or church or else they are taking things to City Union Mission or REAP anyway. Maybe your daughter or s o n in law have collections sometimes at work or go by a good drop off place. Last spring my nieces office collected afghans for Project Linus. Some schools collect scarves and hats and nursing homes are usually happy to receive afghans lapghans and shawls. Just get your feelers out there.

wow!!! after thanksging energy has over taken all!!! sheesh i fell i hav accomplisted somthing if the kitchen is clean and the bathrooms and the floors done and i dont do those things every day lol. got a load of whites in and the kitchen is clean so im going to read or crochet soon. then i may fold the laundry and wipe doen the bathrooms and vac the laundry room and the hall but nothing that even remotely all thw things you guys are doing I mean power saws. Handy bought me a drill once for ehen i needed a screw driver a couple of to es but i store it as i will just have him do it or use a screw driver lol.

My dd however is a four year student of shop class and is comfortable around tools. she wants apower drill of her own. Oh boy!!

her hubby on the other hand. uh a what!!! but he shines i. his own way so it all evens out!!

oh she sent me a pic of their friend's doggie his name is leo!! i emqiled her back with this message. " aif Leo is housebroken I Want him!! Make it happen!". lol he reminded me so much of my ginger something about the eyes. I already love him!!

I dont think little leo is up for adoptuion or anything but i still want him lol

yeah sinus probs and congestion is running wild with these long stretches of hot/cold!! I get a chill one sec and the next im turning down the heat lol.

i have researched. chest and sinus congestion and a good help. but not a cure is the old pan of hot water stam thing. little twist is to pu some white or cider vinegarin that water throw a towel over your head and the pot anf breathe deep. I just did my fist treatment and not only do my sinus's seem clearer but now. im hungry for a nice salad!! just kidding but it does feel so much better in my sinus's. well see if it helps my chest congestion tonight. ill keep ya in the loop. ill do another treatment tonight.

well about two thirds through my nwest book and it is very good so far. i think what i have noticed is that he is definately a man's author. i mean i expect that lol as he is a man but you know what i mean!! I love the fact is that his books never cease to keep me intriqued and cant wait till the next page. if you like twists and tuns and mystery and surprises then his books surely do fill that qualification!!

I may pick a female mystey writer for my next author but i doubt they will be this good. I have several books left of his still to go of his and am enjoying each one. If i were to reccomend one of his best it would be so far The Confession. first one i read and it got me hooked I lived that story and hated th bad character with all my heart too

. Oh i read Skipping Christmas years ago (later made i nto the movie Christmas with the Kranks.

and have seen a couple of his books in tv movie form so i wasnt a stranger to his works so this has been a pleasant journey for me and will remain a Grisham fan in the future.

sorry to ramble on lol.

anyway sun has been out looks like a great day is shaping up!! hope you enjoy your days today and all good things happen for you all!!!

the sun reminded me i have one orange left so im gonna go and split it with handy!, have a a good day.

ne.

you all have got to go see mj'S goodies. Now. i not only want Leo the dog for Christmas I want that tote and rudy and friends!!!! My Chrisrmas list is growing lol.

i am. just amazed at that lady's talent. i just dont think there is anything she cant crochet. ❤

Just got back on the computer, as I was doing some knitting. I am making a Christmas which is not only knitted, but also crocheted.

Rudy and friends will be taking up residence in Ami Ville.  Most of the Ville will be going on vacation to make room.

Off to see what is going on in this Ville.

Glad you all like the tote.

Hey all and good afternoon!

Tampa, love the tote! So colorful and beautiful:)

So, I'm working on the laundry earlier and got really cold. Laid down on the futon with a blanket to warm up a little bit...passed out for a while and still woke up cold :lol Luckily, it wasn't too long, the wash was still running...oh well, I'm working on it still.

Kiddo update: Little man is a little bit better, but Little woman, not so much. She was up with really bad congestion all night. Poor little thing :(

But, off for now. Gonna find something to cook for dinner and play with my loom :) Hope you all have a great rest of the day! :hug s

well I'm back,most of my search today was a bust,trying to find certain back issues of Christmas CO.series by debbie mason,

If I wasn't for the dollar store I would still have my 20.00,but found some new adult coloring books,and a troll coloring book,those things are just too darn cute,and the main thing I went in there for in the first place a birthday card for neice in NY

have a wonderful evening

Morning all!

My plan for today I'd finish up the blankets and sheets.

Feed my fur babies and run them.

Fire up the saw and cut out my blocks and Jena pieces. Making my own yard games. Yep, you heard right. I will fire up the saw and use it myself. I waited on hubby long enough and nothing has got done. I will feed the fur children no then get to cutting. Then will sand and paint. My work is cut out for me.

Not feeling the grandest today but I must push forward. Later will continue with the mermaid tail blanket.

I hope all is well and staying warm. Unfornately I will be out side getting cold. Brrrr!! Hopefully not to cold though.

Be careful with the saw... I do not do sawing. I even despise helping the hubby when he does it, but I still get drafted anyway. I understand about not waiting though.

The tote is finished and posted.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158169-c’ville-tote-december-2016/#entry2720292

The full picture of all the characters in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is posted.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158170-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer/#entry2720294

Oh goodness, gorgeous tote and I am in LOVE in Bumble! All of the characters are awesome! So cute.

Hey all and good afternoon!

Tampa, love the tote! So colorful and beautiful:)

So, I'm working on the laundry earlier and got really cold. Laid down on the futon with a blanket to warm up a little bit...passed out for a while and still woke up cold :lol Luckily, it wasn't too long, the wash was still running...oh well, I'm working on it still.

Kiddo update: Little man is a little bit better, but Little woman, not so much. She was up with really bad congestion all night. Poor little thing :(

But, off for now. Gonna find something to cook for dinner and play with my loom :) Hope you all have a great rest of the day! :hug s

Hope the kids are feeling better.  It's horrible when the little ones are sick.

After I get off work, going to drop Little Tribble off at school, then go to bed. I am soooo tired! Don't have to pick Little Tribble up until 4:30 tonight, he has that after school computer class on Tuesdays.

I work tonight then the plan is tomorrow, to take our Halloween things down and get the Christmas stuff out. Our living room is a little tight on room, so we put our tree on top of a hope chest in the corner. Problem is.... All of my current craft projects are piled up on the hope chest! I have no clue what I am going to do with all of it. Will have to figure out something. Wish me luck! LOL

It's about time to break out the elf on the shelf. I can't decide how he should arrive this year. Our normal elf, Rudy, will be joined by a "real" elf on the shelf. The one we normally use is a $1 elf ornament I bought at Pamida here in Greenfield when it was still in business. This year, Little Tribble's Grandma bought a real elf on a shelf complete with book, so I am sure the elves will get into a LOT of mischief this year. It can be a challenge sometimes because we have a small house and we have to make sure the elves are out of reach of a few furbabies.

Have a wonderful day all!!!

Morning all! I'm up and at 'em today. Got Little Man off to school and Little Woman is definitely not better today still. I'm calling the Dr when they open and her little butt is going in. When my first alarm went off at 6 she was roasting, so we gave her a cool sponge bath on her face, legs and arms and got her some ibuprofen. Her fever is down some now, but still...

Anywho, I'm off to do MORE laundry (darn never-ending battles!) until the Dr's office opens, and keep her cool. Have a great day all! :hug s

Oh Katie I do home the little one feels a little better after some medicine.  As for her congestion, if you can borrow or find a triangle pillow, put that behind her at night, so she is not laying flat.  You can even make it with several pillows.  I know it helps when I am all congested.

I went for my 3 month and got a shock.  I lost 5 lbs. and don't know how.  My A1C was ok, but I got another prescription to try and bring it down.  So I am now good with him till February.

I have been taking down Thanksgiving stuff and getting ready to bring out the Christmas stuff.  Now the fun begins.

Well off to see what is going on In the Ville.

Have fun today and Katie I do hope the little one feels better soon.

oh sick kids that worries me i hope all turns out well and the dr can help her symptoms.

sounds like the Charistmas decorations are coming out today if you can figure out where to store those wip's lol

tampa i love bumble too!! he looks soooo real to the show they all do. !!

well at least you got some color books Linda id say that trip was a success!! i just got another dover books catalog today where i get my color books and will look at that soon im sure i can find something i need lol.

Afternoon all.

All the cutting went very well. Nope not scared to use a saw. Hand , electric it don't matter. Electric takes a lot less time and I can fly through the projects. I cut out 10 sets of the Yard Yahtzee. Now need to sand (with my electric sander) much easier than the hand held one and burn dots on them. Yep, now to plug in the wood burner. It's a process but, very rewarding when done. I am sore! I think I'm using muscles I haven't in a while.

Then will sand the Jenga pieces ad paint the ends. I am extremely excited about. I did it!! I use to be very Leary at doing new things or even learning. Like for instance when it came to reading patterns I would buy the pattern or get it free. Print it off and buy the yarn and give it to sister to make for me. well it took years and she never made me one thing. Not one thing. So I went and collected the yarn and taught myself to read patterns. So now when I get a little standoffish I keep telling myself I can do it.

Like right now I still need to jump all in to crochet c2c.... I'm still standoffish with it. But I don't have the time either right now.

I have a pot of stew going all day in the crock pot. Just made bread dough and when it rises I'll make a couple loaves of bread.

Been doing laundry and finished the dishes. Now cleaning off the table and will go see what Little man is up to.

Afternoon all.

All the cutting went very well. Nope not scared to use a saw. Hand , electric it don't matter. Electric takes a lot less time and I can fly through the projects. I cut out 10 sets of the Yard Yahtzee. Now need to sand (with my electric sander) much easier than the hand held one and burn dots on them. Yep, now to plug in the wood burner. It's a process but, very rewarding when done. I am sore! I think I'm using muscles I haven't in a while.

Then will sand the Jenga pieces ad paint the ends. I am extremely excited about. I did it!! I use to be very Leary at doing new things or even learning. Like for instance when it came to reading patterns I would buy the pattern or get it free. Print it off and buy the yarn and give it to sister to make for me. well it took years and she never made me one thing. Not one thing. So I went and collected the yarn and taught myself to read patterns. So now when I get a little standoffish I keep telling myself I can do it.

Like right now I still need to jump all in to crochet c2c.... I'm still standoffish with it. But I don't have the time either right now.

I have a pot of stew going all day in the crock pot. Just made bread dough and when it rises I'll make a couple loaves of bread.

Been doing laundry and finished the dishes. Now cleaning off the table and will go see what Little man is up to.

Glad it went well! I'm not scared of the saw, I just hate the whole process. I hate the smell of sawdust it makes my teeth hurt (LOL, I know weird right?) The sound of the saw, I hate, it makes my ears hurt. I hate the feel of the wood on my hands as the saw cuts through it. I just hate the whole process. I don't even like to go into a lowes or a home depot cause of the sawdust smell. Wood smell, I love. Sawdust=nasty - blah... LOL My teeth are hurting just thinking about it.

Slept today, but still sooo tired as I took a muscle relaxer as my back was killing me this morning, now I feel drugged, I hate that!

Had chicken patty and fries for supper.

I have 182 of 230 rows of the sonic blanket complete. Getting there slowly. I have my mothers tinkerbell blanket complete - just have to weave ends in. So much more I want to do before Christmas, so little time!!!

have a great night all!!

Oh my I love the entire process of making wood projects. Yep weird never heard anyone's teeth hurt before. When the sound of the saw starts up to cutting into the wood is so intriguing to me. Love love it. I love the feel of the wood when I touch it and the process as I push it through to get cut. When I walk into Lowes or a lumber yard it's like awesome. Funny were are the total opposite on this. LOL

I'm getting more pumped up as I talk about it. Only if I had more wood to cut. I love sanding too. When I get to the end projects it's so satisfying..

Tribble79 hope your back feels better.

Tribble, hope your back feels better soon!

Tampa, thank you so much for the pillow idea!

Owlvamp, I loved woodworking in highschool...want able to do it after that :( tho, it was general shop class when I got to do it, they wouldn't let me take woodworking and auto CAD at the same time. I always loved the smell of the wood as it was cut, kinda burnt and still fresh...oh the memories. I got made fun of a lot tho :lol I was the only girl in the class. Had to put the boys and the teacher in place a few times for being mean :rofl That was hilarious!

Anyway, update on Little Woman, hasn't had a fever since she saw the Dr, but I'm keeping up on the tylneol and ibuprofen. She had some before bed, along with an allergy medicine she's now on, so hopefully in the morning she'll be fever free still, I hope. Other than that, she's still a little snot monster. I'm definitely going to try the triangle pillow with her too, never thought of that!

Well, off I go for the night. Going to set up the pillows for her and try to work with my loom a little more before I go to bed. Hope you all have a great night! :hug s!!!

Archived