Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I think you can get it done. We have all felt that way about graph ghans. :clap :cheer:yay

Ok I need to ask. Does anyone have some black sports or 3 wt yarn? I am running low and I do not think I have enough to finish King Moonraker. His wings are black and so is his mane. I will pay for the shipping, or make something in trade? I can't get it in the stores, as they do not carry it, so I would have to order it on line. I only need about 1 skein.

Worked outside for a while yesterday. Our friend came over, who does our yard work, and we trimmed off 2 rows of Sego Palm frons and sprayed it with bug stuff to help get rid of the scales. It needs about 2 more rows cut off.

KatiBug I do hope you feel better soon.

59 degrees this morning when I got up. Beautiful.

Have to go and see what is going on in the world. Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug

I hope you are right. I just keep crocheting along on the ghans! I love doing it but hate that I'm having to worry about getting it done in time...

Sorry I can't help you with the yarn. Good luck finding some.

I broke a fingernail yesterday and it was absolutely down to the quick. It hurts so bad. I just got out of the shower and as soon as it hit the hot water, I could really feel it! I hate breaking a nail. Becuase it never fails when I do, it's always so short.

The boys wanted French Toast Sticks for breakfast this morning so that's what they got. I just wish they wouldn't take FOREVER to get their shoes and socks on! Or they'd stop putting their shirts on backwards lol. Every morning I have to tell them to turn their shirts around. Maybe Rosalie won't be that way since she's a girl, but who knows!

I'm off to go watch for the bus. Today is Late Start Wednesday so they don't start until 10 where as they normally start at 9.

Lol, mine takes forever to even get dressed. I usually have been harping at him for 5 or 10 minutes before I can get him moving to get ready. And heavens forbid, i forget to tell him to do something g. The child would go to school barefoot with butt hanging out if I didn't remind him to get dressed!

Oh Tampa.i got rid of most of my sports yarn a while back on eBay so I have nothing 3 ply anymore. I'm sure some one will though!!

Trib do you remember the title of the the book you did t like by Grisham and I just won't read that one lol. They are holding my attention all the way to the end so that's why I like them. Most oft I get bored hallway through the other books and just stop half way through but not his books. Gotta. Keep going to the very end lol.

LInda Good luck with the car sounds like a fan belt lol hope it's not something serious.

I would feel almost normal today if not for this sinus thing. Sheesh come on frost!!

Oh French toast sounds delish ha ent had that for a long time!! And so sorry about the plumbing thing in that sink always a big pain.

Had the last piece of pizza for breakfast. It tasted good lol so I am fed for a while I guess.

Couldn't sleep very well last night so got up and read for a bit. This one is about the two sons of a prominent judge course one is good Law profs set at an Ivy League school and the other one one bad (drugs booze womanizer been in and out of jail). tHeir father has called a meeting to discuss his estate as he is old and in poor health. The good son is the first to arrive at the manor only to find the Judge on the sette in . The study stone cold dead!! So that is the opening chapter. I'm anxious to unwind this story!! Lol

So my plan today as there is not much in chores todo is crochet and or read the morning away!! Lol. Going to be a nice day today high of around 70 and for. NOvember in Nebraska that is unheard of lol. So will e joy it while we can and probably handy will finish raking and check the gutters to see if they are full again and generally finish prepping for the colder days to come.

I think we will make chicken and noodle casserole fo tonight so must remember to take the chicken out of the freezer shortly and let it thaw a bit. So all hope your days go along smoothly and I will pop back in later to se e how you're all managing your days!!

Lol, I just figured out it was a James Patterson book, not a Grisham book. Ithe was cradle and all. The subject is something I love reading about, but just couldn't get into this book, so it is his writing style I dislike.

I don't care for romance novels or love stories or such of that sort.

The only thing I won't read usually is biographies and autobiographies. The one exception was William Shatners autobiography. That man is hilarious. I usually prefer romance novels and the like, cause I don't have to think while reading them. My favorites used to be the gothic suspense romance novels. I am picky about my romance books though. I do not like present day romance books. They have to be in the past usually taking place in England, Scotland or the like. I also like paranormal romance, time travel romance, futuristic romance. I also used to read a lot of Robin Cook books. He writes about medical thriller subjects. I have never found books that I like as well as I did my R.L Stine books, Bruce Coville books, Nancy Drew, and the Super mysteries with Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys, Sweet Valley high, and I was obsessed with choose your own adventure books. Nostalgia at its best!! Oh and Christopher Pike books... I read a LOT when I was a teenager.

Yum casserole. We are having cheesy tuna casserole tonight for supper...

Tribble yes you can! Yes you can! You will get those ghans done.

Mary Jo sorry no sports weight yarn here. I have pulled a ply off of my RHSS when I needed thinner yarn but I didnt need much.

Linda hope its nothing serious with the car. Most everything at this house is old and obsolete too. I do love my smarter than me phone since I can get on the internet with it. I rarely used my old cell phone though.

I hope you are right bgs!!! ☺

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found it.  I dug thru a pile of old, old yarn and found one skein of black sports weight and it is Red Heart.  I can now start the wings for King Moonraker and then his mane.

Thank you all for looking.  I appreciate you looking and thanks Jessica for offering to look in the stores.

I am off now for the night.

I will see you all in the morning.

Big hugs to one and all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Ok it's dark out lol I hate this but will have to get used to it huh.

Chicken noodle casserole was good sprinkled some shredded cheese on mine and ate mine that way. Handy had his without. No we,have closed blinds pulled drapes and kicked up the heat a bit as it is always cooler when evening comes especially so early!

tired of reading and just tired so may be thinking of calling it a day. Bronchitis is going around here hope it stay away from our house. O r maybe that is what I have?? I have had it before and this what I have now does not feel like bronchitis to me this time. I have no cough just sinus and stuff so not to worry.

So windy out this evening bringing in. A Front I think they say one more mild day and then we enter a diff pattern and it gets way more seasonable. Think cold lol Hard to find the right temp one minute I'm chilly the next turning up the heat.

Ok going to flip maybe I can find some o.d movie I can get interested in. See ya tomorrow hope you all have sweet dreams!!! ❤

I've enjoyed all the James Patterson's I've read,liked the Alex Cross,the Private series,well except one,Private Vegas,for about a third of the book  it talked about California,I kept turning the book over to make sure I wasn't reading Private LA,also liked his NYPD series and I'm a fan of short chapters that he does.

You folks ever read the Jack Reacher books? Way better then the movies!

Daphne, I had to just completely shelve my sons graph ghan for a bit because I love doing it for fun, but then when I have a deadline, I implode...

spent 12 hours working today, glad for the work... but goodness if I could only hit that 62yo mark!  LOL

Most of the time was spent int he car traveling, had 10 inspections between us about 3 hours away ... so glad to be home! I did finish all the " bone" appliques and the last of the strips for Ethan's blanket....

I had put a roast int eh crockpot this morning with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom... last night we went to a pot luck and I made hashbrown casserole  so I heated that up too. warm up some green beans and it was delicious !  Enough roast left to shred for burritos tomorrow... hoping to finish the 22 eyes and 11 noses I need for the puppy ghan tomorrow along with 3 more bone appliques..

I am reading a true crime right now about Warren Jeffs written by the PI who cracked open his case. I found it at the Dollar Tree , hardback.  Very interesting if you are a true crime sort of person. I like mysteries. Susan Whitig Albert, Laura childs, Sue Grafton...

another busy day tomorrow .....

Nite Nite!

Okay I need opinions. I'm not sure why this border is wavy, i thought it would be flat. Does it look terrible wavy? I took the purple off cause I didn't think the color looked good, but I love the yellow. I'm thinking a row of green then finish off with the yellow... but can't decide if it looks ok wavy... ☺

....helps if I actually attach the picture...

post-73457-0-73744300-1479370401_thumb.jpg

I love the afghan.  Because the figure is Tinker, I myself, like the wavy border. 

I found a bag in the back of the closet that is full of old, old yarn.  It was not Red Heart it is something called Value?? I think I got it from my SIL that time a friend of hers was cleaning out her Mom's house.  Thank you all for looking.

Up early again this morning.  Sun is just coming up.  DH will be up soon and then my days begins.

Have a great day and Hugs all around. :hug 

oh that is sweet,I like the rufflely effect too

Tribble,between the two of us,we got the romance stories covered,I read all the ones you pass up

we are out the door soon to bring the car to the shop,have a good day everyone

Tribble79 I love the TinkerBell Afghan. It is waving but, it looks awesome. No one will ever know that it's not suppose to be like that. It's beautiful!!

Thank you!!!! This is for my mom for Christmas, almost done with 1 ghan. 2 more to finish up....

wow thamks for all the id as on what to read!! Appreciate it.

Mary Jo so glad you found your yarn!!!!

That ghan is darling and i think the wavy ness looks meant to be its perfect!!

Hope its n more than low on steering fluid or a lose fan belt Linda.

im still plugging along making solid color 4 inxh squares to trim lol. do a few trim a few lol.

I tell ya i dont think too much of that sinus spray Clarispray by Claritin didnt do a thing for me so back to musinex lol

i think we are just going to heat up the left over casserole for tonight handy is at his fianl accupuncture/physical therapy session today!! i asked him if he gets a diploma or somthing putting up with that for two months!! lol

These squares are sure going to make a colorful something lol. here are a few in various states of completion lol. Need some more greens ans yellow lol. well i. off people handy is going to stop at the bakery to get our bread so maybe he will pick up some fresh goodies too lol. ill see you later have a good one. ????????????????????

post-40621-0-90900500-1479411982_thumb.jpg

Wow love your squares.  That is going to be something very colorful.

Finally posted the table and the tree.  Sorry they are so late.

Off to order dinner Chinese tonight.  This is a special treat.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158128-november-table-tree-heavy-image/

wow thamks for all the id as on what to read!! Appreciate it.

Mary Jo so glad you found your yarn!!!!

That ghan is darling and i think the wavy ness looks meant to be its perfect!!

Hope its n more than low on steering fluid or a lose fan belt Linda.

im still plugging along making solid color 4 inxh squares to trim lol. do a few trim a few lol.

I tell ya i dont think too much of that sinus spray Clarispray by Claritin didnt do a thing for me so back to musinex lol

i think we are just going to heat up the left over casserole for tonight handy is at his fianl accupuncture/physical therapy session today!! i asked him if he gets a diploma or somthing putting up with that for two months!! lol

These squares are sure going to make a colorful something lol. here are a few in various states of completion lol. Need some more greens ans yellow lol. well i. off people handy is going to stop at the bakery to get our bread so maybe he will pick up some fresh goodies too lol. ill see you later have a good one.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks!! I love your squares! They are gonna be so pretty together.

Hello everyone.

I haven't made it on for the past two days because I had the grandbaby in the evenings and she keeps me busy. 
I ran some errands after work and then warmed up some leftovers for dinner.

I like the wavy edging on the tinkerbell afghan, it makes it look more fairytale like.

I need to get some sewing done so I will talk to all tomorrow.

oh that is so pretty i will look at your pics over er and over its just stunning!!! i enjoy your pretties so much!

what do you order for chineese what is your fav?? and what is this special occasion.???

my favs are beef and broccoli sesame chicken and crab rangoon lol just sayin!!! hope you had a delish meal you have certainly earned a treat

Hello everyone.

I haven't made it on for the past two days because I had the grandbaby in the evenings and she keeps me busy. 

I ran some errands after work and then warmed up some leftovers for dinner.

I like the wavy edging on the tinkerbell afghan, it makes it look more fairytale like.

I need to get some sewing done so I will talk to all tomorrow.

Thank you cshort!

oh that is so pretty i will look at your pics over er and over its just stunning!!! i enjoy your pretties so much!

what do you order for chineese what is your fav?? and what is this special occasion.???

my favs are beef and broccoli sesame chicken and crab rangoon lol just sayin!!! hope you had a delish meal you have certainly earned a treat

Mmmmm, i love Chinese. We always get crab Rangoon, szechuan beef and chicken, vegetable lo mein. Little Tribble will only eat the lo mein.

Woke up, now can't sleep!! Bah!! Have to be up at 8 to get Little Tribble ready for school. Then to work tonight.

Have a great day, all!

Good Morning.  Dinner last night was delicious.  The special occasion was I finished the Santa's Village.

We got Beef and snow peas and pork Lo Mein.

Up early for a Dr.'s appointment.  Maybe a trip to Costco after.  1/2 way there when we come out of the Dr.'s office.

Well, Off to get ready.

Hugs all around. :hug 

I have been getting my Christmas things up as I like to have it all set up for Thanksgiving. We always seem to be really busy from the week before Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas and I am afraid if I waited until after Thanksgiving I would not get it out. It almost happened one year. dh was off yesterday so I had help carrying down boxes from the attic and we had good weather (we have to access the attic by going outside at the back of the house). Its been weird this year because we have been having unusually warm weather this fall so its been hard motivating ourselves to get all our preparing for winter chores done.

Good afternoon

just putzed around earlier this morning.and here we are after 1pm

tomorrow it will be 75,will this warm weather ever go away?Two things came in for me at the library,well no whells to go get them,so have to wait for someone to volunteer to go get them,need it back by Tuesday I have an appt. and it conflicts with the time he goes and sees his mom

ah yes just another fun time in our neighborhood  :yes

just checkin' in with everyone. glad everyone seems to be getting along nicely. wow i havent. even. thought of my Christmas dec i have one box that is my minimal decorations box simple easy and elegant lol the rest the stuff i might as well pass on. i think we will probably never put lights up arond the house again lol might see if the kids want them. i tend to keep it simple the last few years as i am the only one that seems to care if i decorate or not so i keep it down to only those special things i care about. works for me. we gave up having a real or fake tree long ago when we had several more cats !! and max i k now would try to climb it anyways lol. so it is simple and minimal atound here.

I have my snow globe collection in another easy to get at box so that usually goes out as well so two boxes is all.

so very windy today!! saw a red fox yesterday morning trotting scross the street between houses with a rabbit in its mouth. there is a creek behind the houses over there. She was beautiful but that poor bunny huh. And some hawks are cruising overhead now mostlt every day. they just glide soundlessly!! i usually see their shadow first.

Turkeys still in hiding and most of the really small birds have either gone south or are holed up in their winter nests. we still have a pair of cardinals and a few blue jays and of course some brave and hardy robins that come to eat though. and the raccons are out and about in the late evenings. and we did see 3 deer out and about as some feed them here. they say if they do t the deer eat the bark off their tress so they feed them enough to keep them from . doing that. the geese and ducks from the lake all left here a while back flying high headed south in their perfec and noisey VEE formations. they are quacking or honking at the same time and sound like a huge pack of dogs barking up there.

I hear the pan handle of Ne got some snow already boy hate to see than coming but somthing we cant avoid i guess lol. oh finished my third Grisham and tru to form it was a good one. i can always think though of a few lose ends he could have should have tied up though

and chose not to probably with a sequel in mind i guess i want to write him and ask him hey you gonna leave it like this?? what happens to the old folks left behind on the farm who will help them now. and does the kid ever make it to see the Cardinals play or what??? lol

ah well ill just. make up my own alternate end where all the questions are answered satisfactorly and happily for my own peace of mind

loli understand he has written a sequell though to A Time To Kill but havent gotten that one yet lol

well i have busied myself with a few household chores and i put in a beef roast for spper and gotten quite a few 4inch squares edged into 5 i inches now a few more another hours worth of maybe and ill be counting and sorting to see what i have and what i might still need.

not certain if i will put another round on them in a diff color to edge it all or use the white to just put it together with. ah well that is a future decision not to be fretted about on this day lol.i will Fret another day when worries are scarcer!!! lol

I had the biggest orange i think i ever saw must have been twice the size of Handys fist!! i went ahead and sectioned it out and ate all i could and put the other entire half in a container for later!! Handy ate ALL his lol they were delish and so sweet i will eat mine after supper!!

well have a good one all im off to edge a few more squares. they go fast as thet are edged in hdc lol. ok ill ne back later folks enjoy your day today!! whatever the weather ok,,

Whoops Tampa Doll I see you found it. I will search no more.

minwifeof4boys- do you do that mystery shopper? I was wondering what job you did with hubby traveling. I bet it's fun working with him.

Well, sort of I guess, we do Post Office  evals not quite mystery shops.... it is sort of fun, but sometimes  all that togetherness LOL... I do get a bunch of crochet done.

Archived