Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I didn't stay up to find out the results, but I was pretty happy to find the results. I didn't care for so many things she stood for. But anyways........ This board isn't for the election lol. 

I got about 35 rows on my graphghan done yesterday. I'm staying away from facebook today. It's nothing but fighting. I'm just going to sit here & work on my graphghan. 

Got breakfast for the boys this morning. Mini Muffins.. I made 2 dozen and they're gone now lol. They turned out way smaller than I thought they would! 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon everybody. I went and spent the last two days with my Wonderful Mother. We had a good time. We usually sit and play rummy. And we crochet,watch her favorite shows. Lone ranger, Jean Autry. Black & White at that. That is OK. We still watch it and giggle. Mother always fixes us our favorite meal  Which is Pizza. Homemade. Mmmm! :)

Hello everyone.

Not too much going on here, work, stop at Joann's, made brownies for a potluck lunch tomorrow, couple other odds and ends and now I'm tired. Tomorrow is my Friday  :yay since Friday in Veteran's Day and schools are closed. I plan to spend the long weekend sewing, I have a lot to get done before our Disney trip next month.

Have a wonderful evening.

Evening all! Did some running today, got most of it out of the way. The rest will have to wait until Friday, which works for me. I hate leaving the house anymore, people always make me mad :lol

Sorry it didn't go well owlvamp, if I was there, I woulda got something from you!

Anyway, I think I'm going to go now. These kids really need to calm down! :lol:ghug and night all!

Quick check in this morning! Hope everyones day goes splendid. I will be sleeping most of mine as  I will be at work till 7:30 this morning.

Talk to you all later...

Love the wreath!

Morning. Hope all is well here at the thread. I slept ok but not great and I can't beleive this is the month of thanksgiving already!! Wow the time has flown. IM not sure if the kids are coming but I ha e a double turkey Breast in the freezer anyway. We only ever really eat the white meat anyway lol so got a double breast this time.

Do you all have a favorite dressing you make on thanksgiving. Mine is just the simple bread onions sage butter some broth and salt and pepper. We don't like giblets or celery or cranberries in it just plain old simple bread and onions lol. I remember one time my mom tried sneaking giblets into hers. once and we just didn't like it. She never did that again lol.

Waiting to here from dd I think she saw the doc yesterday on her ankle so we'll see how that went. She's probably on her way to work right now so I'll call her after while.

Well my book is getting pretty interesting and I'm anxious to read a chapter or two so I'm off for now. Just wanted to pop in and say hello this am before the day gets too old lol. Cheerio for now!!! And dare I say could I be turning into a John Grisham fan. ?????hummmm.

Afternoon all

Here been trying to keep head above water. Days I just want to throw in the towel.

But I'm still plugging along. I haven't crocheted in about a week. I need to get back to it and figure what I can make for Christmas gifts.

This weekend is going to be very busy and stressful and hopefully I can keep my head on straight and not lose my cool.

But the world hasn't been my friend lately and I see why I stay as a hermit.

I need to find me a cave and just order in from the interent.

I hope everyone is doing great and all going well.

I think of you ll everyday..

Right now I need to go take daughter her vehicle back and walk home.

Daughter borrowed it for college and I will return it for I would rather walk than have her out by herself.... Maybe it will help clear up my head some. Usually it doesn't but hay you never know...........

Trying to keep myself busy as to what I can do lately not so much in what needs to be done lol. Did get the living room vCuumed and dusted and the kitchen got surface cleaned yesterday you know lysol-Ed down most surfaces so gems don't have a stay over with us any,more. Seems like there is nothing on tv that interests me so mostly that is not on much and just do what I can when I can and breathe through the rest I guess lol.

Hope all is well wth you guys and I'll see ya tomorrow. Have a good night.

Oh good news today dd has the ok to walk a little on her ankle. But ease into it a bit so she is happy about that. Handy has another week left of phys therapy and then sees the doc again too I am at the part of the book I'm reading that is hard to put down but don't feel like reading right now lol. And I did put an edge around one of my little 4 inch squares to see how it looks but I really can't make up my mind on anything for certain yet. Just caught in between it seems so won't decide on that yet either

Sorry you are feeling yukky too or at least sort of in limbo a little I guess.

aNyway are all the fur babies ok now ?

Glad you got to spend time with you mom too SNowbear. Glad you have good times with her.

I'm going to be happy when we finally get a good frost here so whatever is triggering my sinus's can die at last lol should be soon here it is warmer than it should be still though

All for now I'll touch base tomorrow with you all. Night now.post-40621-0-69425000-1478831122_thumb.jpg

Good Morning!

Apparently my body missed the memo about having the day off so I was awake at 4:15 this morning. So I am enjoying my coffee  :mug in my sewing room :sew .

Have a great day everyone. 

Good Morning and Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served and are serving.

owlvamp so sorry to hear things are not going well.  Sometimes just clearing the head helps and yes, sometimes a long walk will also.

Glad to hear the daughter can walk a little on her ankle Katie.

Things are quite here.  I am on the last 4 figures, then I don't know what I will do.

I don't turn the TV on much these last few days, because of the riots and protest.  Not my thing and I am tired of politics.

With that said let's move on.

Went out this morning put my flags out, and sprayed my Sago Palm.  I am having some trouble with scales on it.  I go thru this every year.  In a day or 2 I will go out and trim off about 2 rows of palm leaves to help get rid of the problem.

Have a great day everyone and lots of :hug  :ghug  :hug  to one and all.

I love palm trees, Mary Jo! They're so pretty, and I really wish they would survive here in Missouri, but I doubt it would! Chilly 43º when I woke up this morning.. 

I really thought I logged in yesterday, but I guess I didn't! Oops! I got quite a bit more done on the blanket, but now I have to rip out a row to figure out where my stitch count messed up. I'm at the end of the row and have done my stitches for the buff, but have 1 extra stitch, so.... 

One of these days I'll stop being intimidated by Bobbins and use those so maybe I won't have so many ends to work in, but in the meantime, I work my ends in every 5 rows so they don't get completely out of control! 

Well the sun came out and the birds came for. Breakfast and the turkeys are laying low some rumors circulating they are in hiding for a month or so.lol

I slept ok got up at 1 am read a little just hate to put that book down but finally went back to sleep and got up about 830 and had a little something for breakfast and now going to either have a cup of coffee that I never do Or have lol or a. Coke soon here.

The nights seem so long now with the time change and I hate that. I suppose with all else in The world it will get worse before it gets any better.

Well time to go and do something I guess I'll be I. Later you all enjoy your day. I put the squares aside as I am still dcicisionless on what or how to do/make with them lol. Another days decision will have to do. I'll just put a pin In that!!????

Hey Ya'll, How you all been. I just thought I would drop in and say  :waving  I have been busy making Christmas Gifts. So, haven't had much time to chat.  It sure has been cold here. It was 29 degrees last night. Winter :wcold is for sure here. It will be about 30 degrees tonight.  Only in the 50's during the day. Chat later. :hug  

hope everyone is having a good evening

I read in the paper today about someone putting bat boxes on her house,my question is Why in the heck would you do that for?

This is the latest we've ever brought in our plants,but it was today or tomorrow they would be kaput!!!,so saved abot 6 plants,continually down sizing how many come in to over winter in garage

Bats actually eat misquotes.  I don't know if I would put them on the house though.

Almost done Santa's Village. 

Off to get my pills out and then off to bed.  Yeah, this getting dark so early sucks.  I am still confused on the time.

Have a good night and see you all tomorrow.

We have bat boxes, however they aren't on our house lol. They are on trees in our yard. Yes, they eat mosquitoes. 

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Hadn't ever been there before and was shocked at how non expensive it is. 

Tomorrow is opening day of Deer Season. I swear people think it's like a holiday or something. I don't hunt, have been once. I don't even eat deer meat. I don't know what it is, I don't much care for the taste, but I just can't seem to even bring myself to eat it. Rc and his nephew are going hunting tomorrow. I think Rc is taking his bow and the nephew is taking the gun. Not sure. Nephew hasn't ever been, so Father in Law is going to go with him and sit. He's 19, so should do fine, but I think it's more his wanting someone with him than them thinking he can't do it. I know I'll feel better knowing he's never been around a gun and wanting to go hunting with him having someone else with him, since he lives with us, has for almost a year and is like my son. 

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was a fun day at my house, I got to see all 3 grandkids for a while. My son-in-law picked up lunch on the way here so I had lunch with him and the 2 oldest grands. My younger daughter and the baby got here a little after they did and spent the afternoon and evening, we went out to a bbq place for dinner. Oh and I have my laptop back  :yay . I need to call my son-in-law later because I tried to scan something for my dad and I got a message that I need to load something for the scanner to work :think:think I am starting a Disney trip dresses for the baby today, this should lots of fun sewing for the next few weeks.

Disney World has bat houses at their resorts to help control the mosquitoes. 

Have a great day everyone.

Well hello all its a chilly one here today got up before I wanted to but seemed such a long night I just said what the hec you know.

Suns out though so it will probably warm up a bit soon. I did t read at all last night so have my book to finish today I hope. It's a tough mystery to figure out about 50million ways it could go so I'm anxious to get to the end. I have no clue about the end still. That is interesting about the bats I figured they were encouraged for a good reason!!

Ok well breakfast is being served in the main dining hall soon lol so I will throw my robe on and go mingle lol. Back later.

Archived