Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

morning all. cold rain all night. brrr. swearshirts in fl. wow lol

hope every one is on the mend eye and ear infections no fun.

how many of us are cooking on turkey day. we are but just for us i thnk as kids are cooking for thrm this year!! we will

miss them but daughter loves to cook sooooo lol

i slept better last night till the rain woke me up lol.

nothing much on the agenda for today

will attempt a few chores later on and maybe do a amall load of laundry but nothing pressing on the schedule.

started another book but only have read maybe a third of it so far so might pick that up today too.

got the squares all trimmed and put together what i have with the idea i can always add to it but it is a nice baby afghan size as is so not sure what to do next

post-40621-0-50911800-1479828451_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its approx 35 by 40 and. might decide to add. on to it so have nt got do e ny trim on it . yet but its off my off table for now until i know what i. doing lol

had a bowl of cheerios for breakfast and ki nda had to force that down but needed something you know.

im still not fond of food lol but i eat it cause i have to you know. and i eat things i didnt normally like and dont want things i usually ate im all screwed up lol. i have always liked pickles so ha handi grab a jar of oickle spears and have almost eaten the whle jar by mysef lol. hey the body wants what the body wants right! lol

all for now but here later with more boring details of my life lol. later

Mary Jo I guess we have all been burned at sometime or other by discontinued colors or type of yarn. Thats why I have held off on buying the scrubby yarn except for a couple of skeins. That plus I put myself on a yarn purchasing freeze this past year. It sort of worked as I only bought 2 skeins of yarn (scrubby) 2 balls of cotton thread and my sister bought me two cones of cotton. I do go visit and pet the yarn when I am out. I have worked up a lot of stash this past year but still have lots more to go. What was I thinking when I bought all the fun fur stuff?

Katy I like your colorful ghan. Its fairly warm but cloudy here and is supposed to rain. We need some rain to settle the road dust. I will be cooking Thanksgiving day for four but I tend to cook like there will be 15. I am trying to cut back but we like leftovers and I have taken the dregs and tossed it all in a pot for soup including mashed potatoes and dressing. It was actually really good.

Linda glad they found out what was wrong with your car and its fixed.

Jessicali cute hat. I go out on Fri with my niece and sister and have for years. Dh drops me off about 430 am on his way to work. Sometimes we have gone early for sales but its rarely been for electronic stuff. Thats when its really crazy and people are in line for hours just to find they only had three. We check and take advantage of Walmarts match pricing mostly on dvds. If you can wait and go about 730am we have found there is hardly anyone in stores. There are usually more employees than shoppers. Our main thing that day is our trip to Crown Center to buy the Mayors Christmas ornament. People used to wait in line on that Fri to buy them. When my niece was little (shes 32 now) we would get her there in time for Santa's arrival. The place is so pretty decorated for Christmas and we enjoy looking at the shops and listening to the performers. Its gorgeous over at the hotel elevators wher the waterfall is. We always go visit the Hallmark visitors center. Sometimes they have had special freebies but anymore not not like the used to. Have you ever taken the kids to Fritz's? Its very crowded that day. You phone your order in and it is delivered by a train running on a track near the ceiling. When it gets to your booth it hooks on an elevator which brings it down. The food is hamburgers hotdogs and tenderloins and have railroad terminology names. We usually walk over to Union Station as its pretty too. For several years they held the Festival of Trees there but that has moved elsewhere. dh stops at Rosedales on his way home from work to pick up bbq for supper at my sisters house. I look forward to my Fri after Thanksgiving bbq way more than Thanksgiving. I guess I like bbq better and I am too tired after cooking Thanksgiving to enjoy it. Then Sat its back to my sisters house to make and decorate cookies for Christmas. We use my grandma's old cookie cutters. I am exhausted after this week.

well bgs you have a busy week or two coming up. I i usually make cookies as i have my moms cutters and rolling pin oh and big yellow her big yellow bowl. lol but this last couple of years we get so many cookies from neighbors and friends i really only made a batch or two of our favorites lol so that pressure seems to hahe wained a bit. i wish i had the other three bowls in graduated sizes that came with the set bu i suppose they must have gotten broke. ill find them eventually on ebay though lol. i remember the next to the big yellow which we always uses for potato salad and stuff like that was i think agreen one and tha was always mashed potatos lo then a red one. we usd for veggies and or stuffing finally a small blue one that always used for gravy if we had it or something along that lineand we had a split boel too for i dunno devilled eggs or pickles and oloves. funny how i remember those and what they served but i do. lol.

it has rained all day on and off. grey and wet looking outside.

my book is interesting. it is like several stories in one. each "part" is a different story he's telling so far as i can see there are 6 parts. maybe somehow it all ties in together in the end i duuno. i am on part three of 6 or7 as far as i ca see anyway. its very interesting even though i dont like the main chaacter much but i think thats part of the writers i intention too as grisham has plans for all lol

i did a little laundry and a few dishes and checked out the bathrooms and they are good till tomorrow lol. i might vaccuum the living room after supper i dunno usually wears me out half way throygh. ha

yo all carry on with your days and see ya later,those of you having company back to work and dont forget the fridge cleaning. lol to make room for all those goodies!!

well bgs you have a busy week or two coming up. I i usually make cookies as i have my moms cutters and rolling pin oh and big yellow her big yellow bowl. lol but this last couple of years we get so many cookies from neighbors and friends i really only made a batch or two of our favorites lol so that pressure seems to hahe wained a bit. i wish i had the other three bowls in graduated sizes that came with the set bu i suppose they must have gotten broke. ill find them eventually on ebay though lol. i remember the next to the big yellow which we always uses for potato salad and stuff like that was i think agreen one and tha was always mashed potatos lo then a red one. we usd for veggies and or stuffing finally a small blue one that always used for gravy if we had it or something along that lineand we had a split boel too for i dunno devilled eggs or pickles and oloves. funny how i remember those and what they served but i do. lol.

it has rained all day on and off. grey and wet looking outside.

my book is interesting. it is like several stories in one. each "part" is a different story he's telling so far as i can see there are 6 parts. maybe somehow it all ties in together in the end i duuno. i am on part three of 6 or7 as far as i ca see anyway. its very interesting even though i dont like the main chaacter much but i think thats part of the writers i intention too as grisham has plans for all lol

i did a little laundry and a few dishes and checked out the bathrooms and they are good till tomorrow lol. i might vaccuum the living room after supper i dunno usually wears me out half way throygh. ha

yo all carry on with your days and see ya later,those of you having company back to work and dont forget the fridge cleaning. lol to make room for all those goodies!!

Katy I grew up with that set of bowls too as mom and dad got a set for a wedding present and big yellow is all thats left. I made sure that my sisters knew so we got it out of the house last fall and a sister has it. Its not so much the cookies but the fact that I make them with my sister and niece and that we use my grandma's cutters. They set at my house for many years unused until we started making them annually.

Good Evening.

Oh those poor bananas.

Jessica, your little one and her hat are very cute.

Katie, your afghan looks great.

There will be no shopping for me this weekend. I've already done about half of my gift buying and the rest will wait until next week.

I had to make a stop at urgent care after work today because my head felt like it was going to explode. I told the doctor I was there because I had a sinus infection, he laughed and said he liked it when the patience already have the diagnosis. Then he examined me and told me I was right. So off I went to the pharmacy for antibiotics. My regular doctor only had one afternoon appointment available and it was before I was off work. I was planning to sew tomorrow but my daughter has asked me to come play with the baby so she can get the house cleaned and ready for Thursday since that is where we will all be eating. I think I'll just pack a bag and stay there, I was planning to stay there Thursday night too because my daughter has to work Friday and the day care center is closed.

Ok enough rambling I'm going to do some sewing before I get too tired. Have a great night everyone.

Sounds like fun, bgs.

Katy, i hope you get your appetite back. Sometimes I wish mine would go away... your afghan is coming along wonderfully.

Need to go fix supper, tuna noodle casserole tonight.... yum...

I've got one more rows of border to put on the tinkerbell afghan then weave ends and it's DONE!!! Woohoo, one down two to finish...

Have a great night all.

Well, if nanners weren't bad enough yesterday.. today it was chicken!  Ya just can't make this stuff up! Shut down I95... folks could have a feast just following these trucks around waiting for them to over turn!

Sandra, get that turkey thawing .... seriously, it might help get you out of this rut... if I weren't working so many days this month I'd come kidnap you for lunch... maybe in Dec?  We still need to weave baskets.

MJ, I am totally impressed you can function BEFORE breakfast in such a way to write a post.... I'm at least two cups in before i make sense!

Sounds like fun, bgs.

Katy, i hope you get your appetite back. Sometimes I wish mine would go away... your afghan is coming along wonderfully.

Need to go fix supper, tuna noodle casserole tonight.... yum...

I've got one more rows of border to put on the tinkerbell afghan then weave ends and it's DONE!!! Woohoo, one down two to finish...

Have a great night all.

I personally LOVE tuna noodle casserole, dh hates it.... so back in the days when we were first married, instead of fighting with dh over some petty thing... I would serve it for dinner.... Now when he is being a hoody head I'll just look at him and say " do youwant tuna noodle casserole for dinner"....he gets the point :lol :lol :lol:P

How do you make your Tuna noodle casserole ? My sister made it many moons ago and I can never get it right. I loved it.

Lea that sounds great. Both girls will be out of school and I will have someone here for me to escape. So send me some dates and we can nail one down. I would love to come a learn to make baskets. I am very excited about that.

Turkey is out and thawing.

oh wow Katy,are you talking about the pyrex color bowls,I have Mom's old ones,by the time I got them it was just the green and yellow one,never did see the red one at the house in Queens,but remember the blue one,but it didn't make it to us,by the time she sold the house.

I personally LOVE tuna noodle casserole, dh hates it.... so back in the days when we were first married, instead of fighting with dh over some petty thing... I would serve it for dinner.... Now when he is being a hoody head I'll just look at him and say " do youwant tuna noodle casserole for dinner"....he gets the point :lol :lol :lol:P

Lol, that is funny!!!

How do you make your Tuna noodle casserole ? My sister made it many moons ago and I can never get it right. I loved it.

Lea that sounds great. Both girls will be out of school and I will have someone here for me to escape. So send me some dates and we can nail one down. I would love to come a learn to make baskets. I am very excited about that.

Turkey is out and thawing.

I just use the boxed meals, all I have to add is water, milk, and tuna.... I've never made it from scratch. Might have to look up a recipe and see if I like that even better.

Got to run to the store, little tribble is out of peanut butter. Heaven forbid!!! Then gonna eat breakfast then crochet a bit, and take a nap before work tonight...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving eve!!!

Good Morning,

Back from the mammogram this morning.  Had an 8 AM appointment but did not get in till 8:30.  What is going on with the appointments this week I do not know.  She apologized as she was late getting in.

Then off to the grocery to pick up the last of what I need for the rest of the week.

No way am I going out again, till I have to see my Dr. next week.  I have never gone shopping on Black Friday, I have hit the store on Christmas Eve with my Mom, but I will not venture out tomorrow or Friday.  Monday will not be much better for the computer, as that is cyber Monday.  I send baskets of oranges up. 

I will be getting my yarn today, so I can finish up the tote.

Well, off to do some e-mails and some cooking.

Have a fun day and Big Hugs to Everyone :hug  :manyheart  :hug 

well linda those are the bowls!!!i only need a red and the blue. and i may have located one of each. we will see i made an offer.b ut nothing in stone yet. I want to display them and get them out of lower cupboard where the cookbooks and baking things live lol.

they appear a little more lets say use than mine but .... sigh i dunno. what to do. a whole set all five is over a hundred bucks!! so i will probably get these or wait some more!!

anywho.

those bowls must have been the in thing to have bCk then!!i use yellow bowl for many things this time of year usually the fruit salad lol as you can both mix it in it and servreit in it my daughter always goes for yellow bowl first!, and if a cake is on the agenda yellow bowl is called to duty!!lol this time ill make a smaller batch in a smaller bowl for just me as handy might have a bit but prefers to fill up on the turkey and tatos and stffing lol so its all mine,,

a small batch

consists simply of one or two apples cut up one or two banans sliced half a bag of mnii marsmallows some chopped walnut pieces, oh and some mariskino cherries. stir cool whip in till you have as much as you want mix it all up refrigerate till dinner. i did d add pinepple pieces one time and that was delish too.

old yellow has made many many things over the years but nothing so loved as mom's apple salad!,i like a few w more nanos than apples in there but make whatever your family likes. its also wonderful with strawberries or left over angle food cake pieces too!I made that for a brunch desert once and we all cleaned the bowl!!

oh handy just spotted a flock of ducks over the house in v formation and he tried to wave them off as they were headed North!! lol they are probably lake ducks that travel from our lake to one a mile or two away all winter. what can i say he ttied lol. neighbors already suspect we'a litte nuts bu this probably confirms it lol. in stone im sure!!

well missed a couple well meaning calls from friends to wish us happy turkey day so tonight I will have a couple calls to return huh.

ok going to sign off for now have a good one!!

how cute is that picture,thanks for sharing it with us.

Katy, I don't use those bowls much,I most prefer my metal bowls

trying to warm up,once the sun goes down,my hands feel like icicles,don't know why 

Hello everyone.

My daughter's request for me to come play with the baby turned into me putting away the babies laundry that was piled on the dresser, packing up clothes that are too small and unpacking/putting away the next size of clothes that were stored in the garage. I have done some playing too.

It's been a very nice day. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

darling pic!!

happy turkey day all. dont forget to be thankful today for all our blessings today!!

i think we are eating about 2 or 3 today or whenever as we dont have company today and no set time to eat whenever the turkey and the rest of the meal is done i gues lol. we got a double turkey brest as we only ever eat the white meat lol so it will take only a couple hours. well all enjoy your day with family and friends and good food. ill check in later with ya!!!

Archived