Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my I love the entire process of making wood projects. Yep weird never heard anyone's teeth hurt before. When the sound of the saw starts up to cutting into the wood is so intriguing to me. Love love it. I love the feel of the wood when I touch it and the process as I push it through to get cut. When I walk into Lowes or a lumber yard it's like awesome. Funny were are the total opposite on this. LOL

I'm getting more pumped up as I talk about it. Only if I had more wood to cut. I love sanding too. When I get to the end projects it's so satisfying..

Tribble79 hope your back feels better.

:) Don't get me wrong, I love wood. I love trees. I love the feel of wood, love touching trees. It's using the saw on the wood and trees I don't like. And the sawdust has a completely different smell to me than just wood and trees. I don't really know why but have been that way all my life. My grandmother did all kinds of wood projects including remodeling her house. Of course I was drafted to help at times. I will whittle with a knife and a piece of wood. I love doing that. Of course it never looks like anything, not a good whittler here. LOL

Get well everyone who is ill! Seems like we all pass it around this time of year.

Good Morning everyone.

So sorry to hear more little ones are getting sick.  My Mom use to say when we all got sick, was we needed a good snow fall to clear the air and kill the germs.  Never could figure out her logic, but she did so we would go along.

The pillow idea was from my Allergist.  He said laying flat the sinuses could not drain and you would clog up, and make it hard to breath.  I use 2 pillows a night to keep my head slightly tilted and I sleep better.  I do hope it works for the little one. 

Finished my knitted tree, well the knitted part anyway, yesterday.  I have to now put it together.  Then the crochet part starts.  I have to start with a chain of 725 chains. This should be fun.

Well I am off to make breakfast, then do some cleaning, so I can start decorating.

Have a fun day and hugs to everyone. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Good Morning

I like working with wood,the only thing that bothers me,is being around when pine is being cut,I must be allergic to the oils in the wood?

it makes my eyes all weepy,just pours out of my eyes like I'm crying,a couple of years ago when I did clowns,with fabric arms and legs,I had to let the wood dry some before I could work with it.

have a great day everyone

ok weighing in on wood. love the smell of sawdust and wood. don't wanna cut it or anything though. ill leave that to daughter and handy lol.

mJ maybe mom was referring to the temp more than the snow as it has to be pretty cold to snow and that cold would certainly kill the alergens then and the snow would then wash it away??? lol anyway im with your mom and i thinkk we need a snow too!! might be flurries today so

I have my candle ready though in case we can ount it as first snow lol.

had a not so good night. i had handy hook up the humidifyer in the bedroom thinking that might help but dorsnt seem to have much plus i had to listen to that inane hissing all night lol. had better nights to be sure. had toast for breakfast didnt really feel like much more right now.

might have a grill cheese and a pickle for lunch later on lol.

MY dd was too the only girl in shop but she loved it lol. she got a lot of arrattention ntion to be sure and some pretty cool projects too. I still have the first thing they made it is a cute little bird house that is just too special to be outside in the elements so it is on a shelf. sHe also made a cool lock box with i dunno eight different compatments that all had a different sort of lock on them and i love it it is quite the unique piece and another smaller like treasure box and a hope chest and a stool lol i have them all. cept she kept the big trunk hope chest and uses it to this day. such a cool class. she really enjoyed it but then this too is the gril that ignores oil lights and so on and so fotrth. we all shine at so soome things i guess. mechanics is just not her forte lol she tak s after me on that.

one time my car needed oil so i knew how to that you know i have watched so i just put some in and started the car and it started smoking a LOT so i was in a strip parking lot and i ran into the nearest store to call someone. well it was all males there so i first asked to use the phone then thought i woould just throw it out there so i asked What would happen if you added too much oil to your car and can you even put too much in thtere and every single male head snapped to glare at me and similtaenously shouted. YEs you can!! You ha e to Meausre it!! after a rather lengthy one sided discussion on the hazards of putting in too much oil and a total dressing down and scolding was sure glad to see the tow truck pull up. ah well i tried huh!! that is not even the dumbest thing either i knew some one yes a female co-worker lol that needed oil and didnt have any so she -improvises and melted down some Crisco and tried to put that in. that car didnt fare too well after that and b ecame somewhat of a monument to Mechanics everywhere im sure. it was in the winter too. what a mess!! loltrue so all in all i leave that sort of stuff to those in the know!!! could not make this stuff up folks. I dont dabble in such things as cars or plumbing or electicity or lumber and fixing things and that. is the . end of the story.

ive not jad good luck with those things! lol

D they still make butter finger candy bars?? I dont buy candy much at all so tend to ignore the FOUR aisles the stores devote to all of it but i just wondered as i might like one of those lol. i will take a bite and give the rest to someone or toss it but i want that bite lol

ok then my such a rambling post lol ill post it now and talk to you are r eal soon!!!Enjoy your day!!????????????

Tampa and Katy...I sent the right address to you both. I thought I updated it already. And the pillow thing helped her last night, a lot! Thanks again for the idea!

Haven't had much of a chance to get on today, the little one is still cranky, but no fever since yesterday!!! Yay!

Well, off I go for a few hours. Hope you're all having a great day! :hug s

Glad the pillows helped.  Nobody thinks of them.

Ok got the new address and I can not pack up the squares, so they will not get lost in the decorating.

Making Chicken Parm sandwiches with a Chicken Cesar Salad.

Whew, ambitious group! 

Sandra, you just amaze me!  and yard games?? BRILLIANT idea!!

Anyhow, went to visit mom and the last few times I had not seen the Memory care director, well, low and behold its because she quit 3 weeks ago! so there is a new woman that wasn't very pleasant that I introduced myself to and then after the shock wore off I tried to get an answer on why I got a bill for blood panel etc and cat scan for my mom and why had I not been notified that she had a procedure... She just sort of shrugged and told me I should put it in writing if I want to be notified.  Like I am in there every week and  bring treats to the staff, make sure my mom has treats as well as decent clothes, pay extra for special washing of her sheets because she has her full size bed in her room. If it weren't for the fact that mom has no mind left at all I would move her, but I feel even though she is mobile, palliative care is the route to go... Breaks my heart...

Okay... done venting...

started putting up decorations .... watching old episodes of Murder She Wrote..... does that tell my age? Finally finished the puppy blanket!!

Hope everyone's littles feel better!

oh good katie ididnt k ow your addy changed. a reminder to you Dec bday ladies to check stats please and make sure the right specs and addy are there. tomorrow is Dec and we have new bday ladies so that is why the reminder. thank you katie for leading the pack i. the right direction!!

i think for Dec we have three. lovin2crochet and katiebug,

and long lost dragnlady5' and i think Rosie both of which i have no updated info and no current communication with for a very long time

if your birthday is in dec and not listed here or if you need to update info please send me a pm. thanks.my list of current members is small and even through pm'ing and emailing is not too sussessful anymore in faciitating any response at all. feel free to try on a one to one basis if you are going to try to mail. a reminder too to all of us before taking the time and effort of making squares please confirm all addtresses with the recipient to be sure as i said my list is fading away of current active and updated members.

i have most of the regs stats but missing stats for many more. some just dissapear without a trace

i think for the new year i will try again to update and email and tey again but maybe we will just be ending up with our reg members and grateful for that but i hope that is not the case at that time we will circle our wagons and brainstorm and see if what or where or when or how to keep this alive. and what to do next As i want to continue or ???? at this marker though it is biz as usual ladies so crochet on. i will welcome any and all thoughts or ideas or suggestions to conti ue in some way s we are a great and giving group and i will fight to the end to keep us together!! I do nt know what i would do to not be able to come in here every day and chT with you all. so put your thinkin'caps on ok.

i dont mind at all keeping it small but some might like more members to keep them busy makeing squares. it is kind of like now that some of us could do a whole years worth o squares in a very short time an twiddle our thumbs or do other things in our down time.and some are ok with that and if that is what it is then so be it right. oh well we' ll fihure it out in January. could be the start of something great!,im not going anywhere lol.

I finished the Baby blanket, and even though the Mary Maxim yarn was thinner, was able to make due with it.  It is now with its new owner and I made a doggie that can be played with when the baby gets a little older.

The other gift finally ready to be shipped out is- Ponyo dolls to go with the movie- that I got stuck winging in crochet because i can't find Ponyo dolls anywhere, and there are no good patterns that look like cute, little Ponyo goldfishes as in the movie.  What a pain it was improvising but I can now package and mail them out.  Phewwww.....

post-3193-0-76483700-1480544519_thumb.jpg

post-3193-0-54246100-1480544560_thumb.jpg

oh what pretty pics love the blankee and those pnyo dolls are darling great job!!

good to see ya carol we're still here!,

getting a bit worried about snowbear with all those wildfires in. her state and now tornados. hope all is well with her and hers and that we hear from her soon.

oh Nd we will be doing mary Jos bday in january as we are working out our plans for the new year we are for sure doing her bday lol. to answer a concern someone had. no worries!!

oh well i guess that is all i had squares and hello to bgs and immafreak if you are lurking lol. till to orrow then have a good one.

Hi all. I'm here somewhere. Next few days will be rough, but I'll manage to drag myself through it.

Miss Jade has decided to sit up, crawl( at running speeds), hold her own bottle and start pulling herself up. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

(Don't mind my silly face in the one pic, hahahaha I wasn't supposed to be In It but she moved my phone)

Oh and she's getting 2 more teeth coming in !!!!

post-39682-0-66087800-1480566793_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-90149900-1480566805_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-65114600-1480566819_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-06866500-1480566859_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-29672600-1480566891_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-74870600-1480566918_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-28095600-1480566941_thumb.jpg

Evening all! Quick stop in before a shower and bed. I finally remembered to ask my friend if I could post a pic of my little charge (aka, my sometimes son) on here for all to see, and she said yes! :D

In other news tonight, I think Little Woman has laryngitis. With all her symptoms, and now a very hoarse voice out of nowhere, plus looking it up, it makes total sence. And since it's viral, I can only make her comphy and try to get her to relax...which is about as easy as calf roping a mad buffalo :rofl she's always on the go and yelling when she's awake :lol but try I shall! And apparently if it's cold outside, I should take her out for a while, which is good because tomorrow is shopping day, so we'll see how much that helps her.

Anywho, I'm off! See you all tomorrow! :hug spost-41261-0-00622100-1480570498_thumb.jpeg

Good Morning.   What cute pictures.  Immafreek Jade has places to go, things to do and people to see.  She does not have time to crawl slowly.

KatieBug, how cute is that picture.  So sorry to hear about the little one.  She sounds like my daughter.  You would never know she was sick, if she did not have a fever.  She was always on the go and making noise.

Cloudy with a chance of rain today.  I do wish we could send the rain to Tennessee and the other states that have the wildfires.  So devastating.

I was just watching a youtube from the Ellen show of a 16 year old from Canada who sang Blue Christmas and sounded exactally like Elvis.  By the time it was finished, I had goose bumps.  Just amazing.  This skinny 16 year old French Canadian kid with a singing voice deeper than his talking voice.  Just Amazing.

Well off to decorate the tree, then the rest of the house.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs to all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

wow. what cute babies!! they ar all so precious. Jade is a get up and go-er lol. elvis huh wow last of the true greats. one time i had a chhoice T. stare fair or something to listen to the BeCh Boy live at o e end of the park or an elvis Impersonator at the other end of the park!!! what to do right!! in the end i chose the elvis impersonator and was happy i did cause he ended up giving ME his scarf!!

it was almoat as thrilling as the real Elvis probably was to me anyway!! lol

Slept a bit better last night so plan on getting a few things done today that have been neglected dusting and such. you know. things that only matter to me of they get done lol. other than that chilly out chance of rain and still no word from snowbear. hope things are im-proving there for them all. hope they have electricity and water and such i those places hit so hard.

well going to get busy before my energy wanes and leave me high and dry in the middle of a job lol have a good day all. till later

Cutie littles all the way around!!!  Hope everyone starts feeling better, my 30yo son called last night and swore he was dying cause he has a cold....ever since he was a baby when the weather fluctuates he gets a cold.... he needs to get married so someone else can baby him :lol

Getting ready to warm up dinner and then get some crochet done!

Evening all! Figured I'd drop in for a few before I go grab my yarning stuff and work with it for a little bit. Got most if my running done today, but couldn't do part of it since I had a little with me...we can't know what Santa is bringing! Tho Santa got me my prezzie earlier and let me have it! :D:lol since I quit smoking and started vaping I've gone thru 2 devices because they oth kept leaking, so I got a new device earlier that shouldn't leak unless it grow it across the room or something. It better not too, cost an arm and a leg, plus 2 eyeballs, 3 finger...nah, I'm kidding. With a pack of coils, 2 batteries, a charging station and a bottle of nic juice, it want too bad ccompared to where I usually go for it all. Plus, with the coil it came with, I have 3 months worth of coils for less than what I usually pay for 1 months worth of them!

Anyway, I'll shut up with that :lol Got excited about it again, sorry :)

And sadly, I won't be able to get on over the weekend :( DH is going to visit his sister and is taking the tablet with him...and naturally, I use the tablet to get on here, but that's ok. I should be back on Sunday or Monday sometime. Depending what day he gets back.

But I'm going to jump off here for now and go grab my yarn for a bit before bed. I'll try to get on in the morning. Have a good night and weekend all! :hug s all!

Hello all.

I hope everyone gets better quickly. Sometimes viruses seem to hang on forever!

Went shoe shopping today got little tribble new snow boots as he'd grown out of his others. He also picked out a pair of John deer cowboy boots. Why in the world do they charge so much for kids boots and shoes? It's crazy! I got myself a pair of boots as well and ordered a pair for my stepson. They never have his size 15.... Mr Tribble got shoes at the last shoe sale in July so he didn't get anything today. They let you pick out your shoes (my employer) then split the total between 6 paychecks, so you don't have to pay full amount at once.

Got the elves out now have to decide how they are going to arrive. Walmart has elf on the shelf pets, I'm going to have to get those sometime.

Since we didn't get home till 8 picked up KFC for supper. Little Tribble likes their mac and cheese.

Ran out of time to get the Christmas decorations up, so now I'm aiming for the weekend. I work tomorrow night but off Saturday and Sunday.

Picked up yarn for the sonic blankets border. I believe I'm going to do the basket weave stitch for the border. I bought zebra color it's varigated black white and grays. Hope two skeins are enough.

To finish other Christmas gifts I still need to get buff, gold, and varigated Christmas (red white and green) yarn and silver and gold thread.

Little Tribble told Santa he wanted a gold bar and a real ruby for Christmas, that was all... Hopefully we can pull a few more things out of him so there are things Santa can actually get him... he's such a unique child.

Good Morning.  Well the humidity has disappeared again and hopefully it will stay away.

Have Decorations to get out today and start decorating.

It is a good thing I sent the tote Priority.  They are saying it will not be delivered till Monday.  Excuse that is 5 days, not 3.  Oh well what can I do.

Off to see what the world has to offer.

Hugs everyone :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Morning all! :) Not much going on here today, probably just pick up the floor and randomly straighten up things that look like they need it. Like the covers on the futon and the junk on the entertainment center. :lol I admit, I'm terrible for just throwing stuff on it and saying I'll get it later.

Well, anyway, off I go to do that and hopefully get some yarning done of some sort or other :) Hope you all have a great day and weekend! :hug s all!

Archived