Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

IMMAFREEK love the picture !

Had a great day at the inlaws, 2 of the 4 boys and their fams  Such good conversation and food. The only thing I wish is that  I ahd turkey leftovers.... those would have been great tonight,

Not wandering out tomorrow, I really do admire those folks who love shopping the Black Friday sales... when I go some place like that my problem is I go into sensory overload, I literally can go into a mall and forget what I am there for because of all the sounds, noise, sights, and smells... Guess I am an ADD poster child. 

I am gonna start decorating tomorrow..!

sandra, is there any day better for you than another?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great day, I know I did! :) Just wanted to drop in before getting ready for bed, I've had a long few days :lol We managed to cram 6 days worth of work into 3 by overlapping them. 2 days shopping, 2 days cleaning, and w days cooking...with very little sleep in between. And, yay me, I made my first batch of pickles, ever! I won't know until next week how they came out, but all the cams sealed after their hot bath!!! I shall let you all know after they sit for a few more days :)

Well, I hope all are well or on the mend! :hug s to all and goodnight!

happy black friday. did you all that went get some good deals!! handy and i have always agreed that we dont want Anything so badly we would go through a black friday for but that is just us!!

hope all your dinners went well and you have at least a few leftover to nosh on . today

we had turkey and tatos and gravy and some stuffing left over and two half pies so we had our second turky day tonight. loved it again.

Finished my fourth noel by Grisham. this one too did not dissappoint. what a mind he must have!! . wow

it is probably the four ive finished i would say this is second fav.

got living room vac-ed this aft and handy swept and mopped the kitchen floor for me and we got the cat box and the trash out oh and i disinfected both baths so we are done for at least the rest of the week. lol. he is going to finish about six feet of new gutter tomorrow as he got the remaining. brackets needed and its supposed to be in . the fifties and sunny all day.

i need to crochet but honestly i am out of things to make and the people i would make a ghan for already have one or. two?

and with this flap about goodwill not that i would but you just dobt feel like donating much to them anymore when thei admins are drawing over a million a year you know. so the few things i come up with now and then i call either the DAV or salvation army to come get so its not like i have a fav charity unless i waana drive 30 miles in any direction to where they moved to. so that is why i have not been making little things they just have no where to go and i do like to donate locally as much as possible and for-go those shipping costs. so i don know what or who to do it for basically. im stimied stumped and discouraged lately.

well seems i am now in the coughing-chest congested phase of my whatever you call this virus. i ha handy get some robitusin the other day and after last night i think im down to less than half a bottle but if is helping me to get a clear chest again than that is all tha matters. i heard one report that people that have had this it can go on for 6 weeks. im either there or close to it so maybe this is the end part.

gonna shower soon and see whats on the tube. enjoyyou weekend and ill see you to orrow.

stayed at home and crocheted all  day! I was so tired from this week that I didn't go out at all...plus my sinuses are giving me a fit!

working on the last 2 rounds of edging for the puppy blanket.. tomorrow hopefully the appliques will  get sewn on.

Feels like it should be Saturday or Sunday!

Hey all, quick stop in. Trying to decide if I want to pick up my crocheting, loom knitting (because I can't do regular knitting without throwing the needles out the window :lol ) or a controller and play farcry...decisions decisions :rofl

Hope everyone had a great day! I didn't do hardly anything except try to not keep falling asleep :lol Still recovering from this week.

Anywho, hope all are well or mending, I have to take the kids to urgent care tomorrow, I think they both have an ear infection or something. Have a good night all! :hug s

I hope your kiddies are okay, Katiebug.

I was in the Walk-in the other day, and, I think it was in -Good Housekeeping magazine- where the newest trend are purses with guitar straps being used as a handle. That is an awesome idea and there are some beautiful guitar straps. I may have to try that if I ever find time to make some bags.

Good Morning everyone.

Had a nice quite Thanksgiving.  Lots of leftovers.  Hey Lea, the one year we did not cook, we did the turkey the next day. :rofl   We just had to have those leftovers.

No Black Friday for me, but when they showed the malls here, on the news, they were very quite.  Not many people out.  Guess because they opened on Thursday night.

Worked 2 days on the tote and I have it finished, except for the pocket.  That I will start today.

A little chilly here this morning, but we will be warming up quite well.

Watched Krampus last night.  Like to scare the  you know what out of me. 

Well off to my corner.  Have a fun day today and big hugs all around.  :hug  :ghug 

morning all and mary j never heard of tht Krampus is it a scarey one?? i cant warch those as they make me dream bad things. anothe tote coming out soon huh that is exciting!! i look forward to that every month and love seeing the lucky gals who gss it her reaction. i remember my excitement it really did make my month.

nice day going to be here too in the upper 50's and sunny just right for finishing that last littke stretch of gutter then let it snow lol.

he has already re caulked where the siding needed it and around windows and such and shored up the yard and taken out the garden so all that was left on his list was fi finishing that small part of the gutter then by gosh we aready bring it on. im gonna regret saing that i know it lol

well going to start. my fifth book soon might take a breather and croxhet so ething lol but i have no idea what which presents a pronlem in itself but i guess ill figure it out so etime soon. i might too make some baby hats on the loom for a local hospital that might get me going as making something for others always chips me up tremendously and restars my engines. My serpentine belt is a bit rusty lately lol.

well darli gs going to have something to keep my tummy busy digesting for a bit so will adjorn now to the main dining hall featuring this am bacon and cheese biscuits orange juice and a very small piece of cherry pie for desert lol coffee and or milk for those that want it. lol

ill see you a bit later on!!

Oh we have done that as well a few times mj cook our own even if we are going else where lol we want the left overs toosounds like mimi and katie bug are worn out. hope the kids get well soon earaches are so painful. and hhope your sinus's clear up soon mimi❌⭕️❌⭕️????????♥️????

all for now my dears have a wonderful day today!!

well everyone must be out shopping today still huh?? I dont do much store shopping i only have dd and son in law as we usually dont do gifts with the two sisters and a few friends and if that its usually gft certs or something so i have already taken care of that and handy and i just pick our own presents out its so much simpler then making lists yada yada!! i do order a few extras online sometimes but really dont do too much in store shopping any more. hate crowds you know.

i think im passing on dinner tonight in leiu of a few bites of a pumpkin cheese cake a neighbor brought over yesterday. so i'make that supper and handy can have more turkey leftovers. lol he will not complain. im dragging some today as i didnt seem to get much sleep lasy night. at 5 30 i just finally got up and started the day but running out of energy now haha all for now!!

Good evening

I didn't get to the stores Thursday or Friday,and really didn't want to,I don't do crowds or shoving or pushing well.

but did small business Saturday,visited with my friend that has a used book store,called ahead to see if she had any on an author we are just starting,Debbie Mason,we are looking for the back issues of her series on Christmas,CO.,she had one.Got 3 RaeAnne Thayne books that I didn't have,one Debbie MacComber,and one suspense by Debbi Giusti,so I'm set on books for awhile,well if you seen the space next to my bed,loaded with books,you'd say I had enough for about four years time,lol

Haven't been out of the house since Thursday, may or may not go to church tomorrow... my sinuses have given me a fit!

MJ, yes, we bought a turkey, its in the freezer and I am feeling the need to unthaw and brine.... missing some turkey and gravy on toast!

Was suppose to go to charlotte today ( 21/2 hour trip) to visit ds#1 abd fam... just too worn out

Having to deal with furnace issues at my mom's old house , its rental property now,  we let my sil's bf move in last year because she didn't have a place to stay,  She is only paying 500 a month  and the rental agency is saying we can get 750. plus she is saying she is getting headaches from the furnace and had someone come out that says we need a new furnace and hot water heater... of course they said NO carbon monoxide is leaking and its all working well right this minute...so after the holidays I have that to deal with... My gut says to give her until March to find some place else...

did a bunch of crocheting today... also did a bit of decorating  mostly fall stuff put up....

It was a good day to be an Ohio State Fan

Katiebug, hope your kiddos are feeling better.

Mary Jo, katy, I loved the Krampus movie. I was leery about watching it, but really enjoyed it. The gingerbread cookies part was hilarious!!!!

Ate leftovers all day today, will do the same tomorrow.

Going to bed, have a good day today, all!!

Good Morning All,

I think if the weather would settle down,instead of these 30 degree  swings we have been having,our sinuses would settle down some

ironing is on the agenda today,finally heard from our friends in Charlotte,just been super busy

Krampus might be scary, but no blood, and no one dies.  Oh if you do not want to watch this movie.  Grimm (TV show) has one that has Krampus in it.

Debbie MacComber has a series with Angels Shirley, Goodness and Mercy in it.  They are hilarious. I laugh everytime I read them. They are all Christmas stores.

Up at 5 this morning.  Don't know why, so I was working on the pocket for the tote.  Stopped to make breakfast, then thought I would stop in and say Hi to everyone.

Glad to see I am not the only one, who missed Thurs and Friday shopping.  I had to laugh.  The sales papers in todays paper were less then on Thursday.

Well Have a fun day today everyone.

I do hope everyone feels better and big hugs to you all. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

hi all

well another too cool overcast day had a nutrition shake this am but thinking of having a grill cheese and some chicken noodle soup for a later lunch as neither of us is too hungry today yet.

nothin on the old agenda today its too chilly out so we will just hibernate today i think. all for now more t hope those with sinus infections and or any other malady

improves quickly. it just isn't any fun feeling rotten!!. !!

Hey all, and good afternoon! Didn't do too much yesterday, except take the kids to urgent care. They just have some virus or other, so the doc said they should be ok in a few days. Just more sinus congestion right now than anything, so they're good :)

Well, I decided the other night to pull out my knit loom and work on that for the first time in a couple years...its great for my left over yarn!

Anywho, I'm off. Going to play with my yarn for a few and then try to remember how to make turkey noodle soup from the last of the leftovers :lol Hope everyone is well or feeling better! :hug s

well still raining till at least 10pm or so. rained all day so glad we stayed in today. caught up on a few things around here at least.

now another long dark night to get through huh.

well hopefully something will be on tv that holds my interest.

Evening all!!

Thanksgiving went so so. It is what it is. I think I was more pissed off that day than happy. On with that!. Been having left overs the last few days. Today actually went pretty good.

I am so sorry to hear about the 34 year old passing. My heart goes out to the family.

I just spen the last half of the day dusting , vacuuming and rearranging the living room and den for the Christmas tree. So I made the girls get up and help and moved stuff up to the attic for now. Hubby did the laundry and kept it going. Was washing the regular laundry and then a lot of bedding.

We went out Friday around 2 to get some water and bread. No Black Friday shopping here. The store wasn't bad at all. SO I am sure we miss all the hustle and bustle.

grann we need to see pictures of the quilts. I reall y want to see the Pokemon one. I make a Pokemon backpack (crocheted) and also crocheted 2 Pokemon Hats.

Ok sorry to hear the little germ factories are sick. :sick .  You should see me in a store when someone sneezes.  I run the other way and if they are in an aisle I am not in, I do not need anything in that aisle.

I got out my knitting needles and I am trying a pattern I was given from my wish list.  I am having some fun with it.  Here is the pattern.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/3-christmas-tree-patterns-loh  I am either making the one with the face, or with the limbs. Both are knitted and the one has crocheted branches.

Well, signing off for the night.  My teams did good today and now it is time to shut down and get everything ready for tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Archived