Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

hi well can;t say im great, but i think i will be feeling myself in a few more days, this has really knocked the stuffin out of me for sure..

Gonna try and take a shower here shortly, ad call it a day, I have been awake since abpu4 thsi am tossing and moaning, and hurting bu took a short nap while handy make his supper, cause i can'at stand to smell it cooking... then later had some soup a few crackers, and  part of an oadmeal  raison cookie, so now i am done for ther night.. Handy got me smoe pepto pills, so plan on taking them if i need them tonight..   the nights are the hardest for me. it is when everthing hurts... i found my temp thing, and it ws 101 when i took it down a bit to 99 now  today was toast and some milk then the soup and crackers and the cookie was supper.. tomorro im thininkng a bowl of oatmeal and maye one pice of bacon... that will hold me till well whatever suppper is, lol....glad all is going well here, and piney made it rhrough her last few days of appts, and all i swell    well im off to hit the spray see you hopefpully tomorrow :manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh goodness! Hope you feel better soon Katy! :hug s for you!

Jessicali, I am so sorry! I was just telling DH and DS about it and there both mad too! I hope you find it or someone does and makes a random post or something and someone that knows your bag sees it. :hug s for you.

Hi all! Finally figured put why my tablet won't let me log in! Because it's old...I guess. Only think I can safely say anyway.

But yeah, quick check in since it let me get on. Now I'm going to shower and play in some of my scrap yarn (maybe) and hopefully pass out soon...

Hope everyone is well or quickly mending :hug s for every single one of you!

Just popping in to say hello... My bestie leaves tomorrow for PA after a 10 day play date! I am so sad to see her go, but after MJ's tote and Kathi coming down for a visit  , I am almost back to myold self and ready to take on anything thrown my way...

Good Morning everyone.  Been up for a while.  Allergies won't let me sleep this morning.

Went to the foot Dr. yesterday.  Had an ingrown toe nail on the left foot.  Don't know which was worse the nail or him digging around to get it out.  No screaming in the Dr.'s office. :rofl 

Not much going on here.  Back up into the high 80's with no chance of rain :yuck .  I did enjoy the cool weather when we had it.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs all around.

Good Morning. 

Katie, I hope you are feeling better.

Snowbear, prayers for your brother and family.

Jessica, I'm so sorry someone stole your bag. The afghan is very pretty.

Mary Jo, the November bag is beautiful.

I've been running to my daughters house every day after work to help her with the baby and running errands. She is feeling better but still has limitations on lifting, the doctor gave her the ok to drive and to lift the baby but not from the floor. He told she could go back to work on light duty but as of Friday the job was telling her they can't accomodate her restrictions so now she is waiting to see if they are going to extend her medical leave or if she is going to need to start looking for another job. Yesterday after work I made the 2 hour drive to my oldest daughter's house to go "trunk or treating" with the grandkids. Today's plans are lunch at a new bbq place they found and maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby. Tomorrow I will head home.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good afternoon

after 10 hrs of uninteruppted sleep I feel human again

cshort,I hope they can work with her,who needs the added stress of looking for a new job

MaryJo,Its like a standard joke at my podiatrist,he digs at the nails like he is carving out a totem,with me saying " Still have feeling in that toe "

hoping everyone has a good day

after the aunt in Canada trying to bust out of her own home with a frying pan,when the hospital sent her home,she is now in a lock down nursing home,sheesh what were they thinking

Hi all. I'm on the end still but better. It's been a long recovery. IM staring antibiotics tomorrow so that should kick it easily

Got so manny things to comment on but don't think I'll last too long on the typing so forgive me.got a story story for you all on my I grown toe nail visit so I'll go into that when I fee a bit better too. Should make you all holw trust me.

Handy has been my hero through this all so thank goodness fo him!!

Well tomorrow is a new day a fresh new start and looking at it that way I hope.it is a new day for all and everything goes well for you all see you tomorrow. ♥❌⭕❌⭕may a ton of fairy dust swirl into your path bringing you all things good!!

Hey everyone, Update on my Nephew Bubba. He is now getting up walking baby steps. And he can move his right arm little more.  His speech is getting clear. He has to do therapy. But the DR says, he should make a full recovery. Praise the Lord!

Thanks for the prayers,

A duck? I had to giggle. 

After sleeping horribly both Tuesday and Wednesday night, I finally got some sleep last night.. I was so tired and wore out. I ended up taking some Confianza (Anti-Stress meds from It Works & All Natural) to see if that would help and sure enough, I didn't lay in bed for more than 20 minutes before I was asleep. I only remember waking up once to roll over. I did wake up with a headache this morning, but I've had 0 caffeine since Wednesday and trying to lay off the sodas so I think that's what it is. I am drinking a cup of coffee now. 

Not much planned today, wondering if my company is going to come up with another sale like yesterday, which got me a lot of purchases from past customers! (it was a good sale!) 

Gonna work on some dishcloth sets for Christmas I think. 

Here's the finished afghan.. 27x27. 

attachicon.gifHutchins.jpg

Will check back in later. 

Very pretty afghan

Good Morning everyone.  Been up for a while.  Allergies won't let me sleep this morning.

Went to the foot Dr. yesterday.  Had an ingrown toe nail on the left foot.  Don't know which was worse the nail or him digging around to get it out.  No screaming in the Dr.'s office. :rofl 

Not much going on here.  Back up into the high 80's with no chance of rain :yuck .  I did enjoy the cool weather when we had it.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs all around.

Ingrown toenails are horrible. I started having them when I was really young like 15ish. I would dig them out myself. Finally got tired of the pain of it and around 25ish went to the foot doctor and had the sides cut and the stuff put on so that they nail would grow on the sides any longer. Best thing I ever did I believe!

Hey everyone, Update on my Nephew Bubba. He is now getting up walking baby steps. And he can move his right arm little more.  His speech is getting clear. He has to do therapy. But the DR says, he should make a full recovery. Praise the Lord!

Thanks for the prayers,

That's great news! Glad its going so well.

Katy I do hope you are feeling good in the next few days. It's really terrible feeling so bad.

Owlvamp, Hope you headache is gone...

Worked on Little Tribble's Halloween outfit the last couple of days. Just have finishing touches to do. Will have to do it tomorrow so that he will be all ready for trick or treat on Monday.

Didn't do anything today except took a nap so I could come to work tonight!

Have a good night all!

Thanks for the prayers,

That is great new!

Yesterday was a rather lazy day. We went to lunch and pumpkin patch, came home took naps, went to Hobby Lobby and for frozen yogurt and that was about it. Not much planned for today except that I have to go home.  Have a great day everyone.

Great news snowbear.  I remember when my Dad had his first stroke.  When he could talk, he called me (him in Ca, me in NJ) told me a joke and hung up.  :rofl Boy that made my day.

Spent yesterday working on a special project.  Almost done, just a little more.

Another beautiful day cool in the morning and hi 80's by this afternoon.  Tomorrow will be the same, so the gremlins will have a good trick or treat night.

Hey Tribble will we get to see Little Tribble's costume?

Here is what is funny about me and toes.  I find feet yucky, I do not wear sandals, I do not like anyone touching my feet.  The funny thing is now I am older and type 2, I feet are dry and I have to put cream on them and now I go to a foot Dr. :shrug 

Off to see what the world has to offer.

Hugs all around. :hug 

Good Morning

my podiatrist is surprised how long my nails get in 4 months time,I jokingly tell him its all the whole grains  I eat.

if I would go barefoot,my nails would tap on the linoleum like a dog that needs a nail trim,I'm not a fan of lotions or creams,on hands or feet,I just think it feels icky

coffee cup is empty,time to move on and get Sunday moving toward Monday

have a great day everyone

Good afternoon all! Had a late start today, but that's ok. Just got some light cleaning and laundry to do.

Katy, happy to hear you're a little bit better!

Snowbear, happy to hear your nephew is doing better too. I missed the original post, so I don't know what is going on, and im terribly sorry for that, but I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I think im getting a cold started. Or just a really bad bout of allergies. Found out Monday that I'm allergic to wasps (it's October! They should be hibernating for pizza's sake!!!), and more or less since, I've been having cold symptoms. I really hoping it's just this crazy weather we've been having. Guess ill find out sooner or later tho.

Well, I'm off for now...as soon as I post the pic on the 'ghan I made for my unofficial son :lol

Hope you all have a great day! :ghug

post-41261-0-78301300-1477849716_thumb.jpeg

Katiebug that ghan turned out really nice.

Linda I have a hard time with lotions too. Except for just a very few brands I HAVE to wash my hands after putting it on which defeats the purpose. Then the next problem I would prefer an unscented but have to settle for the mildest lightest scent I can stand.

Mary Jo I didnt quite think feet were yucky but sort of weird. I dont wear sandals much because of that and do not rarely buy the open toed ones. In fact I get them for comfort not show so I usually get mens leather sandals with toes covered except for the slits.

Yesterday was a warm sunny day. Dh and I went to the zoo with my sister for Boo at the Zoo. It was fun seeing all the little kids and adults in costume. They handed out bags to every one and handed out candy to young and old. dh was too embarassed to participate and then had the nerve to ask if I would share. I picked out just a few things and gave the rest to my niece to give to kids she knew. After that we spent the afternoon on leaf cleanup and trimming bushes at dads house.

Today is cloudy and cooler---more normal for this time of year.

Katy here are some of my Halloween decorations.post-11309-0-15018300-1477856419_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-99053500-1477856201_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-00261500-1477856262_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-15142900-1477856320_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-90573000-1477856357_thumb.jpg

Great news snowbear.  I remember when my Dad had his first stroke.  When he could talk, he called me (him in Ca, me in NJ) told me a joke and hung up.  :rofl Boy that made my day.

Spent yesterday working on a special project.  Almost done, just a little more.

Another beautiful day cool in the morning and hi 80's by this afternoon.  Tomorrow will be the same, so the gremlins will have a good trick or treat night.

Hey Tribble will we get to see Little Tribble's costume?

Here is what is funny about me and toes.  I find feet yucky, I do not wear sandals, I do not like anyone touching my feet.  The funny thing is now I am older and type 2, I feet are dry and I have to put cream on them and now I go to a foot Dr. :shrug 

Off to see what the world has to offer.

Hugs all around. :hug 

Yes, I will post pictures when he's all suited up ;) Tomorrow is trick or treat night!!! Excited. I pretty much just like going to show off the outfits we come up with, LOL. I know Little Tribble enjoys the candy as well.

Good Morning

my podiatrist is surprised how long my nails get in 4 months time,I jokingly tell him its all the whole grains  I eat.

if I would go barefoot,my nails would tap on the linoleum like a dog that needs a nail trim,I'm not a fan of lotions or creams,on hands or feet,I just think it feels icky

coffee cup is empty,time to move on and get Sunday moving toward Monday

have a great day everyone

I don't like lotions either and right now hands are a dry rough cracked mess. Going to have to break down and start using some since its getting colder... :(

Good afternoon all! Had a late start today, but that's ok. Just got some light cleaning and laundry to do.

Katy, happy to hear you're a little bit better!

Snowbear, happy to hear your nephew is doing better too. I missed the original post, so I don't know what is going on, and im terribly sorry for that, but I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I think im getting a cold started. Or just a really bad bout of allergies. Found out Monday that I'm allergic to wasps (it's October! They should be hibernating for pizza's sake!!!), and more or less since, I've been having cold symptoms. I really hoping it's just this crazy weather we've been having. Guess ill find out sooner or later tho.

Well, I'm off for now...as soon as I post the pic on the 'ghan I made for my unofficial son :lol

Hope you all have a great day! :ghug

Cold symptoms suck! I've had a cough now for about a month, but think its just allergies. Drives me crazy.

Katiebug that ghan turned out really nice.

Linda I have a hard time with lotions too. Except for just a very few brands I HAVE to wash my hands after putting it on which defeats the purpose. Then the next problem I would prefer an unscented but have to settle for the mildest lightest scent I can stand.

Mary Jo I didnt quite think feet were yucky but sort of weird. I dont wear sandals much because of that and do not rarely buy the open toed ones. In fact I get them for comfort not show so I usually get mens leather sandals with toes covered except for the slits.

Yesterday was a warm sunny day. Dh and I went to the zoo with my sister for Boo at the Zoo. It was fun seeing all the little kids and adults in costume. They handed out bags to every one and handed out candy to young and old. dh was too embarassed to participate and then had the nerve to ask if I would share. I picked out just a few things and gave the rest to my niece to give to kids she knew. After that we spent the afternoon on leaf cleanup and trimming bushes at dads house.

Today is cloudy and cooler---more normal for this time of year.

Katy here are some of my Halloween decorations.attachicon.gif20161030_123116.jpgattachicon.gif20161030_111311.jpgattachicon.gif20161030_110932.jpgattachicon.gif20161030_112047.jpgattachicon.gif20161030_112612.jpg

Yes I prefer unscented lotion as well. I usually use a cocoa butter lotion on my arms and legs. Not a fan of heavy scents, they usually make me sick to stomach or give me a headache or both. I either wear flip flops, go barefoot or wear boots. not a hug fan of tennis shoes or other types of shoes. In fact Currently I own 1 pair of boots, 2 pairs of flip flops, a pair of shoes I mow the yard in, and a pair of moccasins I wore at Mr Tribble and our handfasting and wear to the Renaissance festivals when we get to go. That's it, LOL. Oh, I do have a pair of high top tennis shoes that are ripped that I really need to throw away but havn't yet. :)

Slept all of today cause working tonight... :) Got more sleep than usual today and way more tired. Explain that!

Got to finish up Little Tribbles outfit in the morning Just finishing touches left. (we are last second people.... Always pushing the time to get things complete! LOL)

Have a great night all!

Katiebug, love the afghan.

bgs, I love your decorations. 

Yeah lotions are yucky, but being a type 2 diabetic, my heels and bottom of the feet get very dry.  I have unscented lotions for the feet at night that I wear with cotton socks.  I wish I could go without, but can't.

I never explained the duck and the tote comment.

One of the girls here (she is no longer here) had taken her tote out to sit next to a pond for her lunch hour and do some crocheting.  She looked down and here was a duck trying to drag the tote away.  According to her she had quite a tug of war with the duck.  When I first heard this story, I cracked up laughing.

Well, it is getting close to shutting down for the night.  Have a great night and I do hope everyone shakes their illnesses and colds.

Morning all! I hope everyone's enjoy g their Halloween morning! I'm sitting here nursing a pot of coffee right now :lol stayed up late looking at an app I downloaded to look for Christmas prezzies (I try to look early for ideas, but not buy yet). Other than that, I think today will be slow for a while. Just got to sweep and mop, a load or 2 of laundry, and yarn till time to take the kiddos out trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Oh, and making dinner. May start that about noon ish...it'll take a few hours :lol I'm making ham and beans :)

Well, and who, I'm gonnadrink a bit more coffee and get the mop bucket ready. Have a great day all! :ghug and (hope I remember the right thing to make it work) :happyhalloween

Happy halloweniee. Morning all!

Good to see you all moving through your day s with little or no bumps and or bruises Tampa that duck was probably a mama duck looking for a stylish ans portable albeit safe and. Warm home to maybe lay her egg baby's lol. That is such a cute story!!

ONce coming out of the grocery store. I wa surprized by a a mama duck and five ducklings fron a big bush on the island next to my car.

I knew she was most kikely headed back to the lake down the hill bout a mile but the babies couldn't fly so there she goes across the parking lot with all five babies getting along behind her.

Another couple people ha gathered by now. We were almost a crowd and knew she would never make it alone . ON person called the humane sceity but they snipped that helping ducks get home was not a priority so we knew we were on our own right. (I no longer make donations to them either)

Well the duck family was nearing a road they would have to cross to get on the lake side and traffic was brisk.

ON e gentleman beleive it or not had an orange. Est I. The back of his truck and volunteered if we corral into a herd he would go stop traffic till the got across safely. Another woman had a white cooler thing she could just sort of herd them along with and I would be the lead ca escort with lights and flashers alerting oncoming to slow down. We were quite a procession I tell ya. One other gal a runner of course walked with them and a while later we finally had reached where we saw the lake. MAma duck turned and called her family to her and nodded as if to say thanks I think to all of us and quietly headed off into the cool lush grasses and trees near the water.

I like to think we all of us had something to do with saving six little lives that day. We all shook hands a job well done and I gave our traffic director a d those that needed it a ridde as we were many to their vehicles at the store. .(I had my van then) Then I guess we all went off on our own again with a lighter and happier heart.It still lifts my heart when I think of it to this day. I will ne er forget not once did mama duck show any fear of any of us it's a if she knew we were there to help her and her family.

So yeah I feed ducks and turkeys ok. Always have always will

My good brunch buddy down the street feeds the deer that come to her back yard sometimes. she gets hand feed them but don't try that with squirrels! Again dd and her walnuts.

Well as they say all good things......

I dont know how many years these people have been decorating their yard for Halloween but for many years I have enjoyed looking at it. You have to get out of the car to take it all in and if they were home they would come out and would activate everything,point out his new things, and tell you the special things they would be adding just for Halloween night. This year it was sad to see it not decorated. I found this video so you can get an idea of how neat it was.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DdFgwWPrYCZY&ved=0ahUKEwjLmufbvoXQAhWE7SYKHWDoDpcQwqsBCCMwAg&usg=AFQjCNHi42oPTAcVuD0Gyzu23qcAKrm8Ew&sig2=A0Kd0kpFdQ2gal_31rJ0-g

I didn't want to lose that post so entered. Seems I only lose them well at least more often when they are the long ones.

On other fronts daughter broke her ankle sat night and although it is as big as a football she has to wait till Wednesday to see the orthopedic till like Wednesday so sh is sitting at work now and hubby will pick her up on her way home. She is on.crutches but says she still needs help cause she is really bad at crutches poor kid so send dd a thought or two for quick healing if you can please.

THen we have a good neighbor whose wife is moving out on him and are taking loads over to her appt on and off. It's a long story and two sides. To eac h so won't go into that. Seems like my world is getting so shaken and deshoveled here lately. I quake to turn on the tv. For fear of what more doom and gloom awaits me there ???Has the cubbies or thr Indians won the series yet. Boy I always watch the series faithfully every year. I have only seen the first one maybe I'll get to at least see the last one???

E.

BGs you have such cutie Halloween decorations. I tell ya right now that the upper right. That is my favorite. Tha little face and those golden eyes gosh she is a beauty!! Reminds me of my little lucky (RIP LUCKY) What a gorgeous cat. Might that be Tc or really part of the pumpkin?"

Seeing such scrumptious eye candy was just what I needed today!,,thank you

Archived