Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Katy its not even the game. Just imagine those diehard tailgaters. It was cold enough that last game and the news people talked with one group and the one guy was painted up no coat no shirt and all the other people around him were bundled in coats hats scarves and gloves. I wonder if he wound up being one that got hauled off to the hospital.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well personally i would find it impossible to muster up any enthusiasum for anything that you needed to be outside for in this weather.

correction too the temp is 4 now and the wi d chill is -19. so nuff said!!

seems we only got a half inch of snow here but a half inch of ice first. the salt and sand trucks have been up and down the streets here but we have not even ventured to the driveway today. tomorrow is another day.

hardly any traffic up ordown our street today either so people are heeding the call for caution.

How did you all fare today? did your weather cooperate with your plans? are you all ready with all your ahopping done and trees decorated?? To orrow is supposed to be better here weatherwise and all this i ce then will be gone I i hope.

so we can handle it right!!

managed to get laundry. cleaned and put away but little else in i the rest of the house. tomorrow i might have to tackle bathrooms again lol.

well you all have a peaceful and restful evening and i will see you in the am!!

If you watched the shows before the game in Green Bay last week, you could not see past the first tailgater before the game, it was snowing so hard, but they were there.

I am not going to tell you what we are looking at for temps.  it is bad enough that it is 7 PM and it is 78 degrees.  I was reading about the 50 car pileup in Baltimore earlier.  All you in the path of this cold and storm, please be careful.  Keep warm and try to stay indoors.  I also read that Buffalo was paying $10 an hour to anyone who came and wants to shovel snow. 

Off to watch the Jets and Dolphins in NJ.  Have a good night and I will see you all in the morning.

We stayed in today which is very rare as we are out the door every Sat for one thing or another. I am not even sure the mail ran today at least there was nothing in the box at 430pm and we didnt check it after that. They are now starting to scroll church closings for tomorrow on tv. I think we will be watching The Grinch tonight.

mybottom jaw just hit the floor Mary Jo!! Did i really read 78 At 7 pm or are my eyes acting up agin!!!! Isthat normal temps for this time of year for you??? I cant even imagine a winter like that it just blows me away. its just so different from what i know it is amazing for sure and i well im speechless!!

good luck with your games tonight!!

lost wifi for a while today. that has never happened before. turned out to have been a tripped breaker but do t k ow how that hppened unless it was a suge with lots of people over using elec. or some how i dont know. anyway its ok now lol. im glad that all it was.

I cant seem to get i to this book lately i find that if i do t like the main character i probably wont like the book but have been proven wrong on that lol i just need to get my head into it well maybe after Christmas i will do better.

well its time to sign off for me too so ill see tou all tomorrow i guess. sweet dreams ❌⭕❌❌

It's definitely been snowing out there and there's a layer of ice, too. My plans for this weekend are not to leave home until Monday morning for work. We stopped at the grocery store and picked up everything we need for the weekend. If we forgot anything, we will survive.

Good Morning!

All your talk about ice and snow is making me shiver :wbrr . Our weather here has been wonderful. 

I really thought I would sleep in this morning since I didn't go to bed til 11:30 last night which is late for me, but I was awake at about 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. Yesterday was lots of fun with the kids here and all the cookies are baked so now I can focus on finishing the baby's Christmas dress. I also need to make her Christmas stocking. I plan to finish my shopping after work on Monday and Tuesday. I think I officially have the cooties that my daughter and the baby have, so I have started drinking robitussin, hopefully it won't get too bad because I have things to do. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.

See Katie, that is why we get snowbirds.  Here anyway we might get one or two days of very, very cold, or where you might call heat wave (32 or lower).  Most of the time we are in the 70's.  But we are wearing sweatpants and long sleeved shirts.  To us (me anyway) 70 is cold.

Oh Carol, I do hope you feel better and don't get full blown cooties.  Bad time of the year to get sick.

Not much going on today.  Going to make some Jambalaya today.

Have a fun day everyone and big hugs to all.  :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Its a frigid morning here. The ground is white but the sun is shining so the ice is trying to melt off the car (its a dark colored car) even though the actual temp is -4°. I guess we might venture out later even if its just to check out road conditions.

its 12:10 in the afternoon,they said it would reach 73,well its 80,are we warmer than you Mary Jo??

Nope we are about 80 with 85% humidity.  You are close.

I am sitting here shivering with all you up North.  We are waiting for rain, but it may miss us again. 

Hey everyone. Sorry, I haven't been on hear. Finishing up projects. And finishing up decorating for Christmas. Getting Cards in the mail. Mailing presents to my Son and His two Kids. Busy, Busy, Busy, that is me now a days. Tomorrow I gotta go help my sister at her house. Monday and Tuesday. I have to watch Her Husband's Mother. They have to go out of town. Me and my Sister teenage daughter will be there. We giggle a lot. We get along good.  Me and Sara.  Well it is raining here today and Cold out. It is suppose to get down to about 35 or colder tonight.  Take care everyone.  I will be crocheting some more gifts. If I can squeeze them in.Happy crocheting :chook . Many  :manyheart  and :ghug .

We ventured out. Roads are pretty good but there are places that you wouldnt want to hit your brakes really quick. My feet got cold in the suv even with the heat on them. The outside temp is 2°. Should have worn my snow boots or at least another pair of socks.

Well, in the 60's right now... hit 80 here too....

We  ended up just staying home today, skipped church this morning....ahh well, I do love the childrens program though.

Have a busy day tomorrow getting ready for my nephew to visit.  Bless his heart what am I gonna do with an 18 yo for 9 days????

Hey everyone. Sorry, I haven't been on hear. Finishing up projects. And finishing up decorating for Christmas. Getting Cards in the mail. Mailing presents to my Son and His two Kids. Busy, Busy, Busy, that is me now a days. Tomorrow I gotta go help my sister at her house. Monday and Tuesday. I have to watch Her Husband's Mother. They have to go out of town. Me and my Sister teenage daughter will be there. We giggle a lot. We get along good. Me and Sara. Well it is raining here today and Cold out. It is suppose to get down to about 35 or colder tonight. Take care everyone. I will be crocheting some more gifts. If I can squeeze them in.Happy crocheting :chook . Many :manyheart and :ghug .[/quote

good to hear Arlene thatl all l Ll is going well arlene. did you ever fi ish that thay cupcake pillow? i sure would love to see it some time! i thought that was going to be so cute!!

Good Morning everyone.

Well, we have 6 days left before the mayhem is over.  I am staying in the house and not moving till Dec. 26th or 27th when the madness of returns are over. 

The next time I will go out, will be for New Year's Eve dinner.

Well our friend is here to work outside and I need some lightbulbs changes.

Have a great day Hugs.  :hug  :ghug  :hug

Good morning all and Happy Monday! Still trying to wake up, and it's almost 11. Drat being so tired all the time, I even went to bed early and still can't seem to sleep enough. Ugh. I'm probably still ecovering from not sleeping much over the weekend with the family party going on and whatnot.

Well, right now I'm waiting to go with Mom to the dr, that's at 230, so we will leave early because I'm going to have to get DS from school early since she wants me to go with her. Other than that, I don't think I'm going to do much today. Make dinner later, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm cooking yet.

Anywho, I'll catch up on all my reading on here later, and I hope you all have a great day and are well or mending. I think I'm going to get more coffee and try to wake up more :rofl  :hug s all!

Jade is just so cute and she has grown!!!!

We dont go out on new years or eve for that matter as there are too many inebriated folks behind the wheel. I would just as soon as say off the roads on any holoiday well that ans the crowds!! Order in always works for us!!!!

Oh my gosh,how cute is Jade,getting bigger every time you show us a picture

Hi Everyone,can't seem to get here mornings anymore,at the tail end of the book challenge sponsored by the library,I just finished book # 73

It would be nice to win a kindle fire 8 hd,I think thats what it is.enjoy the rest of your evening

Archived