Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Mary Jo we watched The Grinch the other night. You know when I heard they were making that movie I had my doubts about it but after I saw it I thought wow they nailed it. Last night we watched The Santa Claus 2. It will be interesting to see if many sign up for the snowflake thing or if it gets cancelled due to lack of interest or participation like the swaps. I think it is a good idea to try to do things to try to revive the place. I am just leery about getting blocked using multiple user names.

dh's second attempt to go to work was successful. I can still see where the sleet pellets have accumulated in places.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

add me to the lack of Christmas  cheer list,I usually have my cards out by the 5th,I'm still writing them,at this late date they will turn into Happy New Year greetings.I have high hopes that things will be better in the new year,cause it sure can't get no worse,prayers and blessings to everyone

aw i hear ya all. not much spirit here either and mine im sure is related to my health problems of the past few months one after another ANd mostly not being able ro get what i wanted done in the way of shopping and or decorating and or gettingthings in order around here or feeling like gettintg out and about much.

and for the first time in a few years i find myself having to remind myself of what i was able to do and what i am able to enjoy and accomplish and for the blessings i do have.

It is so hard some times for all of us to remember those things in times of stress and strife and to stay positive i. the face of hard times but i recall my grammy saying too. W hat doesnt kill us makes us stronger!! As young girl i used to ask her yeah grandma but who is the one that decides we are strong enough now to coast for a while?? cause i think i am strong enough!

? SHe would just smile at me and take one finger and point up. I knew right then it was not up to me lol

I think we all of us have showed such strength and courage and great inner fortitude in dealing with our own personal trying times and have overcome so much we cant quit now right. this too shall pass.I belong to the camp that is glad this year is soon coming to an end and cant wait to say goodbye to 2016 and to see all the good new things the new one will bring!! All is possible in the new year and remember the reason for the season as we all renew that hope of a bright and happy 2017!! for all of us!!

ok i. other news today looks like we got a fresh white dusting overnight and i too am glad your dh stayed home this early am too Bgs. I put i. much time traveling those countey roads to work i. the snow and ice usually down to one lane and you just prayed you didnt meet anyone coming from the other way or prepare to hit the snowbank!! by the time i made it to work i was frazzled beyond beleif and the day was spent worrying Bout getting home safely!!

The snowflake-thing was a nice idea i am not savvy enough though or daring enough to join it. Leea e that to the computer wizards out there lol

I like all. those movies too and Silent night is always a classic!! when i need my spirit boosted i watch Christmas music vids o. you tube!!

wwell tummy is hungry so going to go prowl the kitchen to see what sounds. good with the least ammount of trouble!! lol.

i will be back in later!!

There really aren't that many rules to the Snowflake game. You just post fun messsages to your Flakee during the game, from your alternate secret account.

If anybody has questions or concerns about playing, let me know. I really think it will be a fun game that might bring some fun and cheer to people. Even if you choose not to participate, hopefully you'll watch some of the fun the participants are having and get some extra cheer that way.

For those of you worried about getting locked out of the forum, please add my email address to your address book: Amy AT crochetville DOT com. That way you can get in touch with me if anything happens. This is a relatively new email address, since my old one had started to receive so many spam messages, it was getting overloaded and I was missing legitimate emails. This new one hasn't been picked up by the spammers yet.

I'm sorry to hear so many are feeling sort of down this time of year. I hope things start picking up for you soon.

Not really in the Christmas cheer either, it is a blessing having my nephew here, such a good kid.... but , Christmas disrupts the routine LOL... terrible I know...... the older I get , the more I like my own pace...

I hate seeing my kids all stressed about trying to see everyone at Christmas, and frankly, I don't need anything myself.... love the cards and handmade things the best....

Going tomorrow to visit mom, my brother, Dylan's  dad is coming up from SC to visit and go to lunch with us and see mom.  They have a huge beautiful home on the beach ( his new wife and family), and he can't understand why Dyls wanted to come here for Christmas and not there,  umm, maybe when hi mom kicked him out of the house because his dad didn't pay child support and he was living in the locker room at school until the coach found him and took him him ( he lives in TX), and the new wife didn't want him living with them because her son wouldn't have his own room when he came home from college.. .

I just don't understand some folks, here is a kid who works 40 hours a week, makes the honor roll at school, and made the all state team as a line backer, plus throws shot put, attends church twice a week, and is very responsible... who would NOT want them in their house, of course his mom has 4 others at home and I went through the same thing 2 years ago with his other son  who is now int he army... what is up with people???

He is getting plenty of love from the family here...

Enough of my rant  I need to go get out fo the jammies for the day and make one more Dollar Tree trip for a basket to pack the goodies in for the Memory Care staff...

Hello all and good afternoon.

Add me to the list of cheerless, please. I don't think I have it in me this year...I'm only doing it for the kids.

Just a quick drop in other than that. Yesterday I did the grocery shopping, today I'm looking a teddy bear DD lost, then I'm doing IDK what. 

See you all later! Hope you're all having a great day! :hug s

eell sorry tosee more of the cheerless checking but misery is said to love company y and and some times sharing feelings and such with others is a catalyst to us feeling better huh.

The Home oming. oh i havent. seen that in years!, How bout Christmas vacation and the Christmas story. lol ralphie and his BeeBee gun!!!

and going way back. yes Virginia there is a Santa Clause. Oh Holy Night is one of my fav songs too. I like to see whomever is singing it hit that one unreachable note that to to most normal people is impossible!! Chloe Agnew of Celtic Woman ACES it though. Shes my fav of the group although now i beleive she has struck out on her own.

I cant beleive another neighbor brought down more cookies!! I had to try one and it was excellent!! Topped with fresh coconut it was a delish Mounds bar cookie!!! I have already called the other one for after my pot pie lol.

On the first tray i called the peanut brittle lol. and got it too lol

Marie is treating us to dinner tonight you know her Marie Collandar lol. She makes a good hearty chicken pot pie!! and i hear tell its made with love!!

well gotta go lie out a throw rug to dry ill try to come in later ok. you all chins up no pouting ok!,

Hello everyone!

I'm happy dancing  :dance because I am on winter break :yay . My Christmas spirit is good this year but I feel like Christmas got here too fast this year, I need more time. School being in session until today didn't help, I like it when we have days off before Christmas so I can get things done without feeling like I'm rushing. I finished my granddaughter's dress tonight and now I'm making her Christmas stocking. Then I'm hoping to get gifts wrapped. Tomorrow will be cleaning and baking, I think my son-in-law is dropping the baby off in the afternoon until my daughter gets off work. I need to get back to my sewing machine so I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Hey all and good evening! Just a quick drop in to say:

Thank you for the squares Katy! I love them! They're so pretty!  :hug for you!

Well, I'm back off, I got to pick up the kitchen from dinner and put the food back away  :lol

Have a great evening all!  :ghug

Good morning Linda. Goodness its so foggy out this morning. I cant see the field across the road from us. We had chances of freezing fog earlier. Going to make a run into my sisters to see if I can help with prepping for tomorrow.

hi all.

oh good katie glad you.got themand you Certinly welcome!! no grass grows under katiebugs feet!! she is always off to get so some thing done!! shes like a little hummingbird flitting from bloom to bloom and leaving it better yhan she found it!! at least Cleaner. lol

im glad you are in good cheer carol now that vaca has started for you!! id love to see the dress and the stocking too as your sewing work is so gorgeous!!

morning to all else. we baked a couple. pies off this am in case anyone might want desert after the take out lol. and a all there is left is a shower to take and get me ready

that must mean mimi and lovin2crochet may have gotten their puffys too so yay.

all postage-and mailings for the Year are completed!!lol well least as far as this thread goes lol.

ok shower done and im dressed all that is left is a bit of mkeup. im so uses to going without any since i dont work now that if feels false and uncomfortable to wear it now!!

I can't t beleive i never used to leave the house without it. lol

and daughter gets me all thse expensive beauty prouduts and gels and creams and stuff so my skin should be better than it was years ago lol. thats my opinion anywy. lol

I feel now with food in me and a shower like i mught make it through the day lol.

I dont know if you all know what cheese frenchies are or not but they are bringing take out from a place that has the. best frenchies so am looking forward to that plus battered rings not breaded!, lol hard to find those around here or blooming onions anymore too.

Tomorrow they will spend time with his family and we will have a quiet turkey breast and atuffing and all the works with just us. so that is the plan anyway.

well i hope everyone is having a pleasant day today. leave your. troubles at the mat by

the door and enjoy yor family and friends and the day!!

Good Morning everyone.  My grocery shopping is done, breakfast has been made and eaten.  I have cleaned up, made the coleslaw and the dip for the veggies.  In a little while, we will get the veggies cut, the bread cut for stuffing and then we can relax till it is time for me to cook dinner.  Oh I have to put in the pie.  Apple for us.

I may not be on much till after Christmas, so I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and Happy Hanukkah.  May your day be bright and merry and filled with love and laughter. 

Hello everyone.

I was up early, so I cleaned and did laundry and baked and set up tables for brunch tomorrow. Now I am relaxing and plan to do some crocheting if I don't fall asleep.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day so I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas now.

Happy Christmas Eve! We've been fighting more crud around here, with sinus infections for all and a round of bronchitis for me. I actually missed all last week of work. I still feel worn out, though. We're doing Christmas with our girls today. Tomorrow is my family. And when Christmas falls on a Sunday, hubby's family celebrates on the Monday, so it all works out nicely.

Absolutely Merry christmas/ Holidays to everyone....

Had a great visit with Mom and my brother today.. Mom actually recognized me!  Was thankful for that...

Waiting on the kids .... 5:30 and they all said they would be here at 5... LOL

Hugs everyone!!

Merry Christmas all!!! I hope your day is smooth and filled with love.

I am sooo sleepy - no sleep for a while yet. Hope to get a nap before I have to cook.

Here comes Santa Claus right down Santa Clause Lane!!☃

hey question for ya.

what is one of your fav christmas songs of all times?? Movies??? what about your most memorable gift or Christmas that was the best??

Run Run Rudolph. Grandma got runover by a reindeer, Dominick the Donkey, I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, I'm getting nothing for Christmas, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer... Can't think of any more favorites right now. Favorite movies are The nightmare before Christmas, Earnest saves Christmas, The Grinch with Jim Carrey, Krampus, Christmas Vacation, White Christmas 

These are now both finished. My niece requested one but I made her two. They are for the backseat of her car for her dog to ride on.
attachicon.gif20161222_153245.jpgattachicon.gif20161222_152825.jpg

Those are great...

Once again have a merry Christmas!!!!

:ctree  :wreath  :hbulb  :grinch  :gift  :rud  :2snowman  :santa  :sheepxmas

Merry Christmas. We are getting ready to head into my sisters house. I go early and stay late go set up and clean up and I am pretty tited at the end. Right now watching TC play with her new toy from a friend from CA.

Merry Christmas.to all. w9kd up to Christmas thunder and lighteningand pouring rain!! this is the first time i can ever remember Christmas thunder storms!!

I trust SANTA found his mark with all of you!! I think i heard. bells on the roof abot 3 am but they didnt last long. here and gone. we opened presents yesterday with the kids and tody is all Bout the food lol. you all enjoy whatever you alLl are doing today and ill see y later!!!! ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Archived