Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

We went to see the 10am showing of the new Star Wars movie. After that we stopped at Batteries+ as we needed batteries for two watches, an ornament and my emergency scanner. Then we had a late lunch, stopped at Aldi and came home and I put away groceries. I am ready to sit for awhile but the cat wants mr to chase her.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all and good evening.

Saw some lovely pictures as I was scrolling thru after re-loading the page I had left myself on.

Well, I hope everyone is well, getting better, safe in travels, and what not. I'm going to go and look up signs of allergic reactions and viruses that only affect your throat and no other body parts (I know, it sounds weird, but I have my reasons  :lol )

I hope you are all having a wonderful night! :hug s

Good Morning Everyone.

Lea, your post about your brother made me laugh because I feel the same way about both of my brothers.

I'm a little more relaxed about things then I used to be but if something really bothers me when everyone is at my house I will say so. If I'm at someone else's house I just remind myself it's not my house and not my problem.

I stopped at Joanns yesterday for some fabric and zippers and only bought the fabric and zippers, they weren't very busy everyone must have been next door at the mall.

Here is a picture of the baby in her Christmas dress and all 3 grandkids during Christmas brunch.

attachicon.gifIMG_1327.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1321.JPG

Adorable. Lovely grandkids!

Morning everyone!

waiting for Little man to get here. Took Bo in to get spayed. She is the very last one and she should be coming into heat the next 3 weeks to a month. Nope didn't want that so today she went in. With all the hats I sold I was able to save enough to get the procedure done. So I'm sad she's not here ans will go visit her after awhile .. Most likely around 6pm before they close.

How did Bo do? It's so much rougher on the girls than the boys to get them fixed!

I'm back again. After paying bills and doing laundry I decided to finish my Christmas friendship afghan. I love it. Thank you to evereyone who sent me Christmasy squares. Sorry the picture is not the best.

attachicon.gifWIN_20161227_15_38_07_Pro.jpg

Awesome Ghan, so pretty!!!

ohhh such. nice ghn carol!n good job putting it together too!!!

pugs are cute but prone to so many respiratory problems due to yheir smushed in noses. those and peeks have that problem too.

my sis had two peeks both had a lot of ptobs eith that.

but they are darling ilove peekw wnd pugs!! ,

I love all the squished faced dogs! We have a pug and a French Bulldog. Other than snoring and noisy breathing they havn't had any respiratory problems. They are 9 years old and 11 years old. Been very healthy. We've had a couple peke's over the years as well and didn't have any respiratory problems with them either. I know there are many that do have problems. We've been very lucky with ours.

Cleaned house and did dishes and hung up laundry last night. Back at work tonight. No crochet got done my day off, only housework - :( I hate housework, lol... Took a nap today so I could come back in to work tonight. We had French fries (made with my new French fry cutter!!!) and ham sandwiches for supper tonight. Yum was good.

we're going to my father in laws this weekend to take my stepsons boots to him so I have a couple more items to make before then. Shouldn't take long though, plan on doing that on Friday. Then we will head up there Saturday.

Have a good night all. Talk to you all soon.

Hi

Today didn't feel the best took a nap and went and got my baby from the vet. She is doing great and I didn't sleep well without her last night. But she's home and we are so Happy.

I made a couple Messy bun hats and made Mickey Mouse Waffles for supper with sausage. They were so cute and everyone loved them. Mickey Mouse is so my favorite......

I'm still not feeling the best. I just can't shake this head cold I believe I have which is going into my chest and my ear hurt today.

Does anyone know of a good medical insurance company that won't cost a arm and leg a month. We will have to start buying our own and I don't see how's that's going to be possible unless I can find a reasonable one.

Hi

Today didn't feel the best took a nap and went and got my baby from the vet. She is doing great and I didn't sleep well without her last night. But she's home and we are so Happy.

I made a couple Messy bun hats and made Mickey Mouse Waffles for supper with sausage. They were so cute and everyone loved them. Mickey Mouse is so my favorite......

I'm still not feeling the best. I just can't shake this head cold I believe I have which is going into my chest and my ear hurt today.

Does anyone know of a good medical insurance company that won't cost a arm and leg a month. We will have to start buying our own and I don't see how's that's going to be possible unless I can find a reasonable one.

Did you get a quote from the gov?   We went through them and have BCBSNC with great coverage, reasonable monthly too

Good morning everyone.

Owlvamp, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I spent the first 20 minutes or so that I was awake searching for my phone charger in my bags and car only to find it on the kitchen counter, not a good way to start the day since my phone battery had completely drained during the night. I don't think we have any definite plans for today, just hanging out and relaxing.

Have a great day.

Good Morning.  I have been absent for a few days, as I was trying to get the tote finished, clean up the craft room and just do a general clean.

Owlvamp sorry to hear you are not feeling well, hope you get better soon.

This weather is causing everyone to get sick.  We are in the 80's today, tomorrow we will only get up to about 60 and then on New Year's Day we will be back into the 80's.  How can anyone get better with weather like this?

I just wanted to say Hi and touch base with everyone.

Back to my chores.

hi all

wow new stove. cool!! are you a gas or electric fan. me i am N electric stove fan. first thing we teplaced here efore even moving in is to cap off and remove old gas stove and run the coaxial wiring and plugs for an electric lol. my mom had gas and i remember how dirty they are or were. but i prefer electri

glad gal doggie is home sandra she will recoop better with love and family Round her.

thet let the males leave the same day but the females since it is a more invasive surgery !have to stay over night.

finished the tote and cleaning too Mary Jo?? are you going to market that energy anytime soon!!! and trib wow you have a good potion there too!!

you k ow i think generally, the country is getting sicker. serms like now more so then ever people are getting constNtly si k all the time.

see s so a ywY. i hope all of those ailing improve quickly. d feel better!!,

well my breaker repair got put off to tomorrkw morni g as S handy had Nother elec call this am, i told him go ahead. i can wait another day.

carrie fisher and then Debbi Reynolds too how tragic.

i need handys help later thoughas iwNt tochange end tables in the bedroom back to the squRe o es cost these oct ones my daughter passed o. to me just too small for my. bedsides as they just do not t hold much !!!

But that too can wait a day or two. just. ot up to a whole lotta arranging things today.

well i. off maybe a short nap will perk. e up some. take are all

Katy,

its an electric,after that episode in Sicily,when they went to electric but didn't cap off the gas exactly right,I kept smelling gas and getting headaches,I would never ever,if I could help it( rentals you don't have options)

this was a sears model and from day one,one burner ran super hot,and one time it shot out a bolt of something?? bent the bowl underneath

it was only 14 yrs old but the question replace parts or just get a new one,hopefully this one lasts us well into our old age,lol

Hey all and good afternoon! Had a late morning, as I still don't feel good. I know it's this weather that's causing it. Mother Nature needs to make her mind up on weather we're going to have winter here or not! I was looking up the stuff on the uvula and tonsil last night, and nothing matches anything else! They all say to rest, but that's it. Nothing definite or even close to matching, other than the rest thing. This is really irritating...

Other than that, it's ok I guess. Just trying to stay in one place, but that doesn't seem to work either  :lol  

Owlvamp, sorry to hear you're not feeling well either. Hope you get better soon!

Well, back off I go. Gonna check on the kiddos and finish my coffee and hope I can find something to alleviate the pain in my throat. Hope you all have a great day!  :hug s for all! (Just don't get too close, they didn't tell me if I was contageous or not! :rofl )

Hello everyone!

Yes, Katie, the stuffed shells will be filled with a concoction of cheeses and is supposed to also have sausage and onions but I am forced to leave those ingredients out. They still should be good as the recipe is from Taste of Home.

Brenda, I thought the Princess Leia looked so much like Carrie Fisher from the "New Hope" one. I love those movies too. Such a shame she and Debbie Reynolds are gone.:(

Katiebug- There are lots of people getting sick. Dd needed to get an ambulance for her roommate who had a similar throat issue that my other daughter had. Even a cortisone shot didn't work right away on my daughter. I had such sharp stomach pains last weekend that didn't quit for 4 days. I was only okay when I was standing. I really hope you feel good soon. What a bummer for you to be sick when you ring in the New Year.

#1 your stuff shells sound better to me without the sausage and onions. You know its been so long since I have seen New Hope that I thought maybe they used some old footage of her and didnt realize it was digitally created. I hadnt paid attention or researched the movie before we went and was expecting it to continue where we left off on the last one.

hi all

didnt nap but rested then ate so feeling. it better now. boy ghose of you i. the east are getting some nasty weather!! Be careful and

stay sFe.

caught a bit of a chill tonight so must be dropping off temp wise.

ny fleece shawl is in the. wash so i have a bif bath towel over my shoulders for now lol think ill pop in a wRm shower and retire to the bed and the bigs reen lol. nifht all.

Hi all, It WINDY here... Went outside to head to work and Little Tribble started hollering and sqealing as the wind blew our chairs off the porch. He squealed all the way to the car. Said whew, I thought it was going to blow me away! LOL

I think we are supposed to get some snow flurries. Rain yesterday snow tonight. Nuts. Our weather patterns have seemed to change so much in the last few years. I wouldn't mind except all this mud!!!! My goodness I am so tired of mud.

Slept all day today. Woke up again with a headache. I've had this one for about a month now. I can get it down to a dull pain but it's always there. Beginning to drive me crazy. :headache

Going to crochet a couple more of my fun gifts for stepson and Father in law tomorrow to take up on Saturday... I get such a kick out of the willie warmers ;)

Other than that not anything planned. I don't like to do much in the winter, nasty weather - would rather curl up in bed with crochet or a book! and never leave the house.

Have a great night all!

good morning

out the door early,driver for Rene' and Jimmy bloodwork appt.

the stove will take some getting used to,its all digital,hmmm did I mention I don't do digital very well,still can't work the vcr or blue ray,and now I'll have to try to figure it out,there is even a digital lock feature,Ican see me locking it up and not being able to use the dang stove,ah well

Good morning.

It's a chilly 50 degrees here this morning, we will need jackets when we head out for Orlando. We're going to hang out at Disney Springs today, have lunch, wander thru the stores and let the kids do some shopping with their Christmas money. Right now I'm just enjoying my coffee before the rest of the house is up and moving about.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

morning all

sorry about your headache trib hope it clears for you soon. wind must have been strong glad little teip did t get bloen away!! lol

Carl have a good ti e with family!!

pineknott you will learn it quickly specially si e it is a neccessity lol. that will spur you on!!

how is the doggie today sandra. hope she is feeling more up tp normal. i remember having my two girls (kitties) done at the same time and they didnt want them to jump cause of their sutures well have you ever seen a cat that doent jumP?? so i would watch them and try to anticipTe when and if they wonted up or down and pick them up and moe them. my vet thought that was hilarious and told me no i dont have to go that far just watch them for a day or two and dont let them over do lol whew. they both recovered perfectly and both lived to be 21 Years old. beautiful sisters that were little when daughter was born and grew up with her side by side. I miss my girls more than ever still. RIP. Peepers and Suueaky!

I have always had cats and dogs and this is the longest i have been with out a dog. but if it is meant to be some how one will come to me.

broke my heart once when a little puppy wandered into the yard course i took him in. he was just a. bundle of energy and these little sharp babay teeth the girls stayed away from him as he played too rough for them. i thought.

couple days later a neighbor came to the door looking for his girlfriends pit bull puppy,, Pit bull?? so i let the guy in and he gathered him up And left. i loved that puppy already a d was devastated but i realized that may have been Not a good fit with a daughter and cats either but i woulda probably kept him. So that was NOT a meant to be thing. one day maybe huh. i dont mean any offense at all but a put bull has never been a fav breed of mine too much bad propensities about that breed but that is just me i guess i TEND to rule more on the side of caution.

now all of you that have one take it easy lol. its just not my personal choice is all. growing up we always had cocker spaniels! my mom loved the breed. gentle loving fiercly protective of us kids and the house and yard good dogs and as a widow with three girls in the house she always felt safe we always had two and they both would lie on the marble in front of the fire place like little book ends. one on either side.

our yard here is not as big as most of our yards have been so a Mediam or sm med dog would work well here.

well that went on longer than i wanted it to!,lol.

Good Morning everyone.  I finally have some time to post and write e-mails.  I have been trying to finish up the new tote and the stuff that goes with it.  Pictures were taken this morning, so I will be posting soon.

Oh Linda I am laughing so hard, I started coughing.  That is hysterical about the stove.  I felt the same way about my washer and dryer.  It can even be diagnosed with a cell phone.  Now I need to get a cell phone.  I am sure you will learn it right quick. 

Everyone seems to be getting sick and I do think it is this crazy weather.  Like Carole, we were in the 50's this morning and we are suppose to get colder tomorrow, but by Sunday we are suppose to be back into the 80's.  Now how can anyone get better with this weather?

Well, off to see what the Ville has to offer.  Have a great day.  Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

cant wait to see it MJ

and it is the first one of the new year!!

weather is crazy but get used to it i guess as this is probably the new normal. Our mother earth too just like us is certainly showing her age i think.

here is what i am doing lol.

post-40621-0-82536500-1483116425_thumb.jpg

Linda my sister's oven is set digitally and I have had a lesson on it a long time ago and I think I can still remember what to do. It will be ok after you get used to it or this is your out. Let dh run it like all the other electronic stuff.

oh Mary Jo those are two omy fav colors together!! a d Ms January is stunning!

you gave me quite a start ms MaryJo. in hurrying theough your post to get to the pics i thought i had read that you were no longer making totes. I litterally gasped out loud. I had to read the post twice throug to see you were talking about. resolutions a d not totes Be Still My Heart!!

I only really have one memory of i guess it was new years with the boomers going off. i was tucked soundly in my bed teddy at my side when i felt i had to check on lil sis i. in her crib as maybe ahe was scared too So i got out of.b ed and crept across the room and she was sleeping soundly not stirring at all so i went back to my bed and squeezed my eyeys tightly x,closed and grabbed teddy even tighter.

lovin this tote and the doll too. you never dissapoint. great job and lucky recipient.

Archived