Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning Everyone.

Lea, your post about your brother made me laugh because I feel the same way about both of my brothers.

I'm a little more relaxed about things then I used to be but if something really bothers me when everyone is at my house I will say so. If I'm at someone else's house I just remind myself it's not my house and not my problem.

I stopped at Joanns yesterday for some fabric and zippers and only bought the fabric and zippers, they weren't very busy everyone must have been next door at the mall.

Here is a picture of the baby in her Christmas dress and all 3 grandkids during Christmas brunch.

post-4459-0-96418300-1482839500_thumb.jpgpost-4459-0-57755700-1482839509_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone!

waiting for Little man to get here. Took Bo in to get spayed. She is the very last one and she should be coming into heat the next 3 weeks to a month. Nope didn't want that so today she went in. With all the hats I sold I was able to save enough to get the procedure done. So I'm sad she's not here ans will go visit her after awhile .. Most likely around 6pm before they close.

an emerald!! you are a special mom,,, glad everyone had good times amid the kaos lol. glad too its over.

nothing much else happening here and to those of you traveling have safe journeys home!!

very nice pics carol they all are adorable and that dress is fabulous!!!

Chilly here but bright sunshine. nice crisp day out there. you all enjoy your day today and take a few deep breaths fot your selves!, be back later.

Carol beautiful grandkids. The dress is gorgeous. In this case part of my problem with dealing with it is it used to be my house too and for instance I paid for the sofa that she had the dog laying on not to mention there were 15 people in the house with limited seating. I guess the older I get the more aggravated I get at just how plain rude and inconsiderate people are. Guess its a good thing I am alone so much of the time except for the cat.

Linda I am excited about your new stove. dh got the one we have used years before we got married. I have never liked it and thought when it quit I might get a new or at least newer one but so far we just keep replacing the elements. I am surprised the oven holds the temp as well as it does(and I have checked it with a thermometer) because half the little seal around the oven door broke off. We checked on replacing it and I was astounded at how expensive it was.

I thought I would drop in and see how you all did on Christmas with the family.

Lea, you always crack me up.  Brenda you had me going also.  Thanks to all of you for the laughs, I sure needed them.

We use to take a picture every year on Christmas Eve.  It was my Sis, BIL, 4 kids and me and Tampa Guy.  Then the friends started to show up for dinner and get into the picture, so I stopped.  It was not just family anymore.  So no more pictures.

Sorry, but no extra dogs allowed at my house and you are invited at such and such a time.  If you can't make it sorry, maybe next year.

Again thanks for the laughs and I am now done with the tote and ready to start on the next project.

Hi everyone!

I love all the photos of the kiddies and I hope they all enjoyed their goodies that they got from Santa.  My hubby actually got coal one year when he was a  little kid which I think is not nice even if it was a joke.  

My brother and I always get together on Christmas day and I was thinking back the other day (Christmas Day), to when our kids were all smaller and they were so excited over my parents' house,  at gift opening time.  My grandmother had stopped over right before this took place, one year, and wanted a glass of wine.  She had finished her wine while the kids were busy unwrapping their many gifts, none of which were from her.  She never brought any of us any. Mom, me, and my brother were busy taking movies so the wrapping paper was scattered literally everywhere and she made a comment to the effect of- "this is just too chaotic for me so I am out of here", and she trampled through the paper and left.   We all thought it amusing.  :lol

Anyway, I am glad we all survived!!

I think I am going to scoot on over and sign up for the Snowflake game.  It sounds like fun.

I'm back again. After paying bills and doing laundry I decided to finish my Christmas friendship afghan. I love it. Thank you to evereyone who sent me Christmasy squares. Sorry the picture is not the best.

post-4459-0-06573600-1482872120_thumb.jpg

We hung around this morning just in case my friends called but by now I'm guessing we didnt fit into their schedule if they were in town. This afternoon we decided to go to Powell Gardens and walk a bit as its a pretty nice day out. The wind is a little on the cold side but not bad. We ran into a young couple with a cute little dog-- 8 week old English bull dog called Sugar Plum. Thats not one of the dog breeds that I have ever been drawn to. This puppy though was just the cutest thing. I wouldnt mind one if they stayed like that. Then as we were heading for the parking lot we saw a car with Hawaii plates. I can only remember seeing Hawaii plates once before. dh said he wished his car had Hawaii plates on it too and not be here

It wound up being the couple with the puppy. We are guessing he got transferred to the air force base here from Hawaii.

Carol your Christmas ghan turned out really nice

ohhh such. nice ghn carol!n good job putting it together too!!!

pugs are cute but prone to so many respiratory problems due to yheir smushed in noses. those and peeks have that problem too.

my sis had two peeks both had a lot of ptobs eith that.

but they are darling ilove peekw wnd pugs!! ,

I go through spurts seeing Alaska plates but Hawaii I can only remember like twice in my 60 years. This was the rainbow one.

Katy I have never been attracted to any of what I call the push faced dogs. This puppy was just so little and cute. It was white with a little gray splotch and very friendly.

Whirlwind day here, let me tell you... doing legal work for my mom in Wv is worse then having wisdom teeth extracted!!!  I had two series EE bonds to deposit in my mom's account and have to go through 3 government agencies even though I am POA... sheesh... I got back t the bank.... took their pen.... that will teach em!

12 hour trip tomorrow, have to leave WV... drive to my moms old bank branch in OH and then home.... you would thing this would not be so difficult in the age of electronics...

Visited with an aunt and uncle today and then Grams and an uncle followed by dinner with the cousins...

Guess I'll have lots of time for crochet in the car!

Carol, pics are beautiful!

Good Morning.

Lea, your post made me tired.

I see tags from all over the place even from outside of the country, Florida seems to be a popular destination.

I'm planning to go visit my daughter and grandkids today.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh Carol, I forgot to tell you how cute the grandkids are.  I love the red dress on the little one.

Not much going on here.  Got the tote done and now on to a couple of goodies.

Very foggy here this morning.

Have a great day today.

Good Morning.

Lea, your post made me tired.

I see tags from all over the place even from outside of the country, Florida seems to be a popular destination.

I'm planning to go visit my daughter and grandkids today.

Have a great day everyone.

I imagine down in Florida you see alot of snowbird tags as in Quebec

Lots of Canadian, and Northern tags.  I saw one from Alaska the other day.  I can tell they are down, by the amount of cars parked in the Catholic Church lot up the street from my complex. 

Going into the 80's again today.  Our Bird of Paradise is blooming again.

morning!

ha oh bgs i love them all dogs and cTs i mran. I have do e much research for the kind of dog iwould like and even though i love those little ankle biters i fear that they would wind up tripping me or get stepped on lol. i would love to have one though. my only real criteria is as folloews.

house trained med in size. low coat mIntenence , easily trained in other ways oh lovable pretty good companion and one more. must have she must must be a she and oh live forever. is that too muxh to ask. i think not lol

hello again.

been keeping busy?? tomorrow my ordersahould come in the mail!! yay!! Handy will finally get his last two remIning Grisham books. His two newest till nex year at least. H writes one a year so it is said.

oh and my new bill book for houshold use that is coming too. i used to get the at dollar general for a buck but havent seen them for a while so just ordered one to star in January. i love them cause they hold the bills all i. one place and it goes by months so every thing is nice and organized lol. i keep my montly bills in the pocket and when paid write it down and put those i. the envelope and k ow at a glance what was paid when it was paid and how much. lol i just got uses to using them years ago and have used them since.

Linda my prisma colors are sharp and bright and i have no complaints about them. i am wondering if Rene' just didnt get a bad set or smething. and i discovered you can online order a manual pencil sharpener just specifically for them for a couple bucks so i am going to get that before i try sharpening them when they need it.

Lunch was so good we divied up the rest of the dressing and put somr chopped turky and gravy over it all and ate it all up!! yesterday handy made eggs with rachael ray and said it was ao nice not ot too have to us our old pan cose it always sticks and yesterday we had sunny aide up and they were perfect

so he and Racheal Ray are going to have a long and happy relationship I'm sure lol

Sure is a nice set quire heavy andcme with extra stuff like cookie sheets and a griddle and a stock pot i think and a. vegie peeler and 5 or 6 utencils too!! they are all his!!! lol.

I have. een coloring today!! took me hours it seemed to PICK a pic to do lol. had to look through them all and oooh and ahhh gin. I dont know where daughter got them but they are hug ans thick with umpteen million choices of neat things to color. i am puyptting her in charge from now on when i need more lol you know nwxt year lol.

Handy had to go and get a replacement breaker as we teipped one and that is the second time so he in the am is going to replace the breaker with a higher amp one or what ever so itwas either too low or weak and will. e replaced to orrow. coure he has to take the whole breaker box apart to do it but hes done that many times as he was a journeyman electrician. for years and those things stick with ya i guess.

We use a separate sharpener for colored pencils because sometimes they ruin our electric one.  I have been playing with my new photo and art software and boy is it awesome!!!

I'm figuring out what to make for New Year's Eve and decided on some stuffed shells.  I had to go to two stores to find the jumbo ones.They don't seem to have them at my Stop and Shop.

Hey Tampadoll- I got my knitted snowman kit for Christmas- yay, but I am wondering, -

"Is the snowman knitted flat and then seamed?"  I don't have dpn's for the hat but I think it will take some time for me to do the snowmen anyway.

Carol- I love your Christmas afghan!  It came out beautifully!:)

hello again.

been keeping busy?? tomorrow my ordersahould come in the mail!! yay!! Handy will finally get his last two remIning Grisham books. His two newest till nex year at least. H writes one a year so it is said.

oh and my new bill book for houshold use that is coming too. i used to get the at dollar general for a buck but havent seen them for a while so just ordered one to star in January. i love them cause they hold the bills all i. one place and it goes by months so every thing is nice and organized lol. i keep my montly bills in the pocket and when paid write it down and put those i. the envelope and k ow at a glance what was paid when it was paid and how much. lol i just got uses to using them years ago and have used them since.

Linda my prisma colors are sharp and bright and i have no complaints about them. i am wondering if Rene' just didnt get a bad set or smething. and i discovered you can online order a manual pencil sharpener just specifically for them for a couple bucks so i am going to get that before i try sharpening them when they need it.

Lunch was so good we divied up the rest of the dressing and put somr chopped turky and gravy over it all and ate it all up!! yesterday handy made eggs with rachael ray and said it was ao nice not ot too have to us our old pan cose it always sticks and yesterday we had sunny aide up and they were perfect

so he and Racheal Ray are going to have a long and happy relationship I'm sure lol

Sure is a nice set quire heavy and ca e with extra stuff like cookie sheets and a griddle and a stock pot i think and a. vegie peeler and 5 or 6 utencils too!!

Archived