Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all.

glad im inside its cold out there!! mJ you are selling me on moving to florida!!! lol

Mrs Clause huh cant eait to see her you co e up with such cute things its aleays a treat to see what you are up to.

i dun o k ow what youre looking for linda but we have our own artic blast here so look no further!!

mini and daphne ans katie bug hello to all.

those pony tail hats are cute. i made a hello kitty pony tail hat for daughter when she was younger!! didnt know then it would be a thing lol. mi e was a little diff in the respect that i attatched a fanxy fur "pony tail to it in her hair color as she had shorter hair then lol. she cllled it her foxykitty hat and wore i so much lol. i may still have a pic of that somewhere. i duuno anymore as i lost a ly when my old computer went out but ill have to check on that. if i have it its on a disc one of manylol

is the doggie. better sandra today??

has anyone with a dog trie that new blue mountain food??? supposed to be the best out there.

Max the cat has groen up on iams both dry and wet and is not a fan of change but i think they make it for cats too. was just windering

back hurts today i slept wtong apparently. this too shall pass huh.

my looms are still sitting on my work table. i tried a hat and messed it all up twice!! so there they sit waiting for try number three!! bout half a chance maybe of that happening today lol.

I havn't tried the blue buffalo but it is supposed to be good. With 8 dogs and 5 cats there is no way we could do that!!! ????

wow thats a s shame lea sorry to hear you lost your orders. good side now you. don t have t owork quite so hard on them.

Lea sorry about your orders. I'm sure the extra would have been nice around this time.

HI,

I have been so busy with a lot of things. It really has been one thing right after another.

Thought I would take the time to stop and say hi.

Bo is doing a lot better now. My poor little squirt. But she's a lot better.

Glad Bo is feeling better!!

Bgs!!! Oh my goodness!!! I laughed out loud at the card. The star is gorgeous. What type of thread did you use and did you string on the sequins? It's so sparkley. Really made my day!!!

post-73457-0-16530600-1481884554_thumb.jpg

Have a wonderful day all!!!

Good Morning everyone.

My we are all busy today.  I remember making sure my Mom had everything she needed at the stores, so that we were not Running out on Christmas Eve.  BUT every year on Christmas Eve I would find myself driving my Mom to the store to get something she forgot.  We are talking Mall and other stores no the grocery store.  I use to swear she did it on purpose, but if it was what she wanted to do, we did it. :D 

Tribble I thought you of all people would appreciate that card. I couldnt find what I wanted for the stars so I used one strand of white #10 crochet thread and one strand of Premier brand Enchantment which is basically 2 very fine filments of metallic thread twisted together with sequins interspersed in the twists. I honestly dont know how anyone could use the Enchantment stuff by itself. It is very fine, it tends to fray really bad, it can be tedious to impossible trying to get stitches to come out right working around those sequins and its next to impossible to work in the ends but it worked out for the stars.

Linda I sleep in socks year round.

Mary Jo thats funny about your mom. I dont like to go to the grocery stores the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Hi all and good morning! Quick stop in before I start running. Mom's in the wake up process and then we're getting dressed and going to Gamestop to get something for my nephew. Then she's supposed to drop me back off here to start the cleaning while she finishes the last couple things out. Then the cooking begins!

In other news...I'm back on my "Hey, I can focus now!" medicine. So, yeah, now the house might get and stay clean. I won't get distracted as often  :lol  Where as, without it, I will clean one thing, realize something else needs cleaned before I'm done, go start that, and then it happens again!  :rofl I'm horrible, I admit it! But, that shouldn't happen now, so...it may be spotless by next week  :lol  

But, I hope you all have a great day, I'm gonna get off here and go get dressed and start my day with something other than my coffee  :lol  See you lovely ladies later!  :hug s to all

second attempt at a post this am. keeps blinking out and lost two already.

on the blue mountain i hear you on the expense and would have to have handy dig up a couple gold bars from the back yard first lol

however if i were lqoloaded iand i hd a dog i think i might try it. prolly all hype anyway.

does anyone remember how there used to be a Convienient mart on just about every corner??? that is where we had to go if we needed. something as the groceries were not. usually open. they carried the right stuff but at three or four times the price too. lol

I also remembered the first time i had to make turkey gravy on thanksgiving. it was always at my moms and she came down ill and could not even stand the smell of the turkey roasting. people were coming my sisters and thie mwtes and my brother and his mate and an uncle who was recently widowed. I mean i had watched my mom. but was sure i could never do it and would ruin everthing for everyboddy and certainly if i did manage some sort of mixture that might pass for a immitation gravy it would never ever be as good as hers she was the Queen of turkey gravy.

i took. deep breath and got out the things she alays got out and basted out some e turkey drippings and started stirring and mixing and browning and holding my breath and right about then my brother the official gray taster arrived and true to forn came out to taste moms gravy.

i did nt sqy a word i again held my breath crossed my fingers and said a silent prayer

he put his spoon in and blew on it Slowly sipped the hot concoction out of the spoon and smacked his lips saying Dang!! mom makes the best gravy ever!!!

i never told him i made it as mom was not feeling well just let him assume she prepared it before she went to lie down. no one ever knew till years later anyway but all through that dinner people were raving bout it i just smiled and nodded. lol and sent up a silent prayer of thanks!

who knew huh.

so i make the gravy all the time now but is just isnt as good as that one thanksgiving day.

well I am anxious to hear some of your holiday stories be they funny or sad or just silly and rediculous lol. so bring u. on squares. im ready !

handy fixed us a meatloaf sandwich for lunch so excuse me while i chew lol

oh gosh had to remind mysef this am that any day i get up is a good day cause this moorning i sure didnt feel rested nor prepared-for the day but what wonders an hour or two maks lol. and that sandwich didnt hurt either lol

a cold and wintry mix coming at us this aft. hope you are all faring better than us here in Ne will be the next couple days.

remind me to tell you all about a our tri state weather triangle some time. we have an inland bermuda triangle here that effects three states and is almost as deadly ad the one in Bermuda!! minus the water. i kid you not.

well on that note i will get busy for a bit around here and get something done!! see you all afterwhile !!❌⭕❌⭕❄❄

Well Katy I clearly remember two Thanksgivings. I worked in a hospital laboratory and always worked Thanksgiving. My shift started at 5:30am. The one Thanksgiving I just got in the door and had to respond to the ER for a code blue that did not make it. My heart ached so bad for that family. The other Thanksgiving my main chemistry analyzer went down- the one that I ran 90% of my tests on. Of course all the drs wanted their results even earlier than usual that day. Service finally made it out and all it was was an air bubble not allowing the water bath to fill properly.

sad bgs but the air bubble one was certainly a good thing. i mran if it had to happen that is or was probably the least expensive thing it could have been!! thank you for sharing and i. am sorry about the other im . sure you must think of that each year.

Hi everyone!

Everyone is busy,busy,busy.....It did get cold and windy here. My dd came home yesterday from college and I didn't want to make more than one trip from her dorm to the car because of the blustery wind. We took with us what we able to carry down to the car and dealt with the drive home, with the wind weaving the car at times.

I had to look up messy bun hats as I was clueless as to what they are.-lol. Interesting trend but I'm not sure of the fascination of having a hat with a hole in the crown.hmmmm...

Katiebug- I do that all the time when I'm cleaning. I call it the domino effect. I start cleaning and then find something else needs to be done in the midst of the job I started doing. I turn to the new task at hand. It takes so long to complete that I forget what I was doing to begin with.-lol You are not alone in the cleaning dilemma.:)

Ummm... its cold here.... like 28 degrees..... and  I just can't get warm.... sipping hot tea and crocheting, getting up occasionally and doing some housework....

Christmas memories.... hmmmm my parents were sort of funny about Christmas when I was young.... they were of the strict Puritan variety that felt it was a sin to celebrate since no one knew the exact date and they felt it was based on a Pagan holiday... Thankfully my Grams would have no part fo that and would sneak me away to look at Christmas lights, buy presents for me and oh yes the popcorn balls , ribbon candy, chocolate drops that were so sugar they would make your teeth hurt and chocolate covered cherries.  As I got older and my younger brothers came along, they gave in to the dark side ..LOL had a tree etc..

I think I go overboard at Christmas because of it..... the more goodness and happiness to as many folks as I can the better!  Of course unfortunately , we've never been the wealthiest of folks so I had to get creative with things.... but that is half the fun I guess..

I am going to visit Grams in WV the day after Christmas, and I hope we can get her bundled up and go see a few Christmas lights.... and I'll bring her creme drops

Hello.

2 days in a row, I might be on a roll here :lol .

Brenda, thank you for the lovely card and beautiful star, I love it!

Mary Jo, we didn't get to Epcot. We went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. All the decorations were absolutely beautiful!

My daughters and grandkids are coming to bake cookies tomorrow so it will be a busy and fun day. Tonight I am taking it easy again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

oh,eathank you for the stories. i loved reading them an hearing Bout all the goodies too what wonderful memories and youa Re going to see her too. that is the very bestest part!! thank you.

Thanks bunches !

cshort..... disney and grands baking cookies and Christmas all in one month?  How can you not just be floating on cloud #9  LOL

Hi everyone!

Everyone is busy,busy,busy.....It did get cold and windy here. My dd came home yesterday from college and I didn't want to make more than one trip from her dorm to the car because of the blustery wind. We took with us what we able to carry down to the car and dealt with the drive home, with the wind weaving the car at times.

I had to look up messy bun hats as I was clueless as to what they are.-lol. Interesting trend but I'm not sure of the fascination of having a hat with a hole in the crown.hmmmm...

Katiebug- I do that all the time when I'm cleaning. I call it the domino effect. I start cleaning and then find something else needs to be done in the midst of the job I started doing. I turn to the new task at hand. It takes so long to complete that I forget what I was doing to begin with.-lol You are not alone in the cleaning dilemma.:)

I'm going to make me one of the ponytail hats because I was never able to wear a toboggan because I have too much hair. I put them on and they slide right back off. I'm hoping that if I stick my hair through a hole I'll be able to keep my ears warm for once!!! Lol.

Think we are going to have Chinese tonight... I love it when Mr tribble cooks,

Going to vacuum tonight and hang up laundry then back to the crocheting. Got to finish up Christmas gifts... procrastination at its best.... on a race to get it all completed but I have serious doubts that it's going to all get done, lol....

Got yarn today. Like 5 skeins. White, yellow, Terra cotta, and sparkley Christmas varigated.

Katy

I didn't know if you meant Christmas or Thanksgiving stories

so I'll do Thanks giving stories

one was one of the guys in Bills group of ET's electronics technicians was thanking me that I was making stuffing for the command Christmas dinner,this was in the store,I was huh,what? then he repeats it,yea Bill mentioned you would do the stuffing,I told him  this was the first I have heard of this,and he said oh oh,Imade the stuffing but did tell Bill,don't volunteer me unless you ask me first,he never did that again

Katy the weather started here today with freezing drizzle. On the news it showed people stuck on the highways in traffic for 4 hours. At one ramp where cars slid all over the tow trucks told them they couldnt get to them to tow them until MoDot treated the ramp and MoDot said they couldnt treat the ramp until the cars were towed. Tommorrow we get snow and then we get below zero temps.

how much stuffing we talking alinda lol.

do you know if ren'e ever got a puffy from me?? havent heard and wanted to know if it got there as it went out when the box of ghans for katheryn and she got those.

Welits snowing on top of icing so that ought to be tricky out there. they expect bout an inch is all.

early this am i thought i saw a cougar or mountain lion jump off a roof in the distance but cant swear to it. i dont know what else it would be though we dont have any large tan cats here that roam free. .

but cant say for sure. . We do have a red fox i. the area but he has only been spotted a couple times lately. they dot like to be seen lolbut that coat is a dead giveaway against the snow.

my girl Ginger would police the yard anytime anyone went out in her backyard. she was a tracker and a protecter through and made sure if anyone was going out she would be firs! to and would run the perimeter before she would let you go out there. my sister used to think we trained her that way gut we didnt she just liked to make sure things were safe before she let us out there lol.

whenever we walked her at the lake her. nose would always be to the ground. so many things she had to smell to make sure we would be ok. She didnt pay too much attention to deer skat though probably sensing non predator. scents. i miss her.

so anyway stay in day looms ahead so i must find some thing to do or perish of boredom!!! first things first im going to have some. oatmeal for beakfast lol see you all later have a wonderful day.

Katy its a stay in day here too. We have a thin hard glaze of ice on everything so its very slick out. Its the kind that is too thin to chip off. dh's old car is frozen shut but the suv is in the garage. Its starting to spit snow.

Mary Jo its going to be so cold for the game tommorrow they are going to have extra drs and nurses there to help fans that have problems. They say some people will get headaches from the cold.

Hi All

Katy, we're talking about 50 to 75 people,of course peppridge farm stuffing wasn't available,so I toasted up countless loaves of bread,celery

onions,gizzards,It was alot of work,well at least he didn't ask me to do 15 pies,lol

yes,Rene' received her pkg,she liked every squares,just hadn't had a chance to comment

Hi All

Katy, we're talking about 50 to 75 people,of course peppridge farm stuffing wasn't available,so I toasted up countless loaves of bread,celery

onions,gizzards,It was alot of work,well at least he didn't ask me to do 15 pies,lol

yes,Rene' received her pkg,she liked every squares,just hadn't had a chance to comment[/quote

well that s a lot of toasting and chopping there then lol bet it was oh as so good though!!

Katy its a stay in day here too. We have a thin hard glaze of ice on everything so its very slick out. Its the kind that is too thin to chip off. dh's old car is frozen shut but the suv is in the garage. Its starting to spit snow.

Mary Jo its going to be so cold for the game tommorrow they are going to have extra drs and nurses there to help fans that have problems. They say some people will get headaches from the cold.

i cant imagine anything going on outside right now that i would go to And those football spectators and teams are going to FREEZE!,not to mention the players

Morning, delivered a couple hats today.... and wouldn't you know I didn't have change... young girl.... gave em to her for 10 each instead of the 15.... shucks... its Christmas LOL

Dh and I are watching old movies today and I am crocheting the last of the hats..

off to check the mail and stretch the legs a bit. the temps ahve warmed up to the high 40's low 50s.....

Archived