some pretties to hold hot casseroles or?

katyallen815

Hi everyone, made some hot potsitters, as I call them, for some friends, did about 6 pairs already, and they are double thickness, and in colors hopefully that will go in their kitchens, lol

I love them, as I got one in the square by a friend on the ville, (bgs) and loved it, so I decided to make more!! here is a pic, enjoy!  the are 100 per cent cotton, double thickness, did I already mention that, lol

post-40621-0-83881000-1420664740_thumb.jpg

thank you all for the nice compliments, bgs started this, lol I loved hers so!

The sprially pattern can be found here,

and I just went till they were big enough,I just didn't square them off, I made  2 each per  hot potsitters, 4 for the pair,  and then stitched a row or sometimes two rows of sc around, I didn't put on hangie hooks, as I use them for my hot casserole to sit on, and figured that the heat might hurt the plastic rings, but you can make then a big smaller, and put the hangie things on for pot holders too...then sc them together around, and wala, thick and quick!

Oh those are so pretty! Nice work.

BTW- I prefer not to have rings attached but, I found 1" wooden rings at JoAnn last year and they work out much better than the plastic rings for those that prefer to hang them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived