He cried!

Sencere1221

My brother in law is the biggest Detroit Tigers fan I know. His favorite past-time was to watch ALL of their games with his grandparents, who were also huge fans. Once they transitioned years ago he continued with his tradition. October of 2013, I decided to start a blanket to embody that past-time. I would work on it sparingly due to a very hectic schedule but when I found out a couple of months ago that he'd be coming from Texas to spend Thanksgiving with us in Georgia I knew it had to be done by that time. My husband picked him up from the airport and I had the blanket laying on the bed in the guest room. So when he took his things in the room he just looked at the blanket and instantly got excited. The name "Speedy" is the name his grandmother used to call him because he would call her "Slow Poke". The number "24" is his favorite baseball player Miguel Cabrera as well as the year that both of his grandparents were born. The initials "E.T & F.T" are his grandparents initials. He asked,"wait why is my name on it" and I told him it was for him and when he saw the nickname he just broke out in tears and kept saying "Oh my goodness". He just kept staring at the blanket and eventually kneeled at the foot of the bed and just put his head down. Once he lifted his head back up he just looked at me and kept thanking me. He was so emotional. I had never seen him cry before, even when his grandparents passed away. He gave me the biggest hug and kept thanking me for the gift. That just made all the work worthwhile. 

post-1580-0-46070500-1418588436_thumb.jpg

post-1580-0-73713100-1418589467_thumb.jpg

post-1580-0-69194500-1418589519_thumb.jpg

That story brought a tear to my eyes. 

That is one very beautiful story.  You can bet that afghan will be cherished. 

Yes thank you for sharing that story.  It is always good to hear stories like this one.

That is an amazing afghan! Just wow.... and yes, you have me crying as well. The most wonderful gift in the world is the gift of love and you can sure see the love you put into this. Thank you for sharing. 

Wow, your blanket is stunning! And a man who said something other than "Oh thanks." You can send him right on over here!

What a wonderful story and afghan.  You put a lot of hard work into making it.  He must be a very special brother-in-law.  Of course, he has a special sister-in-law - you.  Bless you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived