Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Checking in! I hope everyone had a great day. It was pretty here, but took a nap so I could stay awake all night at work so didn't see too much of the day. We signed little Tribble up for baseball this week, he's pretty excited to play. He will play soccer next month then baseball starts in May.

We are thinking about going to the lake this weekend and taking a couple of our dogs with us. Will probably cook hotdogs and hamburgers, so here's hoping for a pretty weekend.

Then hopefully will get some crocheting done...

Have a great night all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-40621-0-89474000-1458794151_thumb.jpg   ah, here is the lovely square i got from i believe yarnscrapper, and I love it, such a pretty design and of course blue is my fav color, thank you again~~

had more written, but lost it, then when i got it back, it was all like in code,so suffice to say, hope you all had a great day, and another tomorrow, im tired, and headed to bed, so see you all tomorrow!!

Hello everyone.

Katie, that is a very pretty square.

I drove to my daughter's this morning and then we went out for breakfast to a little restaurant that has dlecious food. We made a stop at the produce store for some nice fresh orange juice and fruit. Now we are back at my daughter's just hanging out and relaxing. 

Katy sich a pretty square.

Well my face feels so violated. First my eyes were dilated at the eye dr and then it was off to the dentist for a temporary crown. Waiting for the novacaine to wear off and then my jaws will probably ache from the work.

sounds like a good tie for carol, and a not so good time for bgs, lol... Sorry to hear that brenda, hope it all clears up very soon for you!!

another normal day, did a bit of crocheting, but didn't accomplish too much else, had sort of a headache for a bit today, gone now, but i think my body is still fighting off this virus, and i feel sort of fatigued today, this too shall pass, lol..

storms are passed us here for now, hope all you others in the path are doing ok, and staying safe.

really not much else to say, so signing off, it's past m bedtime, lol       night all, have a good one! :yes

Awwwww- Jade is so cute!

i have all my Easter goodies together so I can finally relax!

Brenda- you are daring doing both appointments on the same day!!  Poor you!

Carol- It sounds like you had a nice week off.  

I really love the square you received, Katy, but it isn't one that I sent to you.  Mine are the ones with the puffed centers.

Hello.

Today was another relaxing and fun day. We went to Walmart to get a few groceries. Then we came home and made Bunny Bait for a special Easter treat. We will be coloring eggs tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.

jade is beautiful, and looks so perky and healthy!

Hello.

Today was another relaxing and fun day. We went to Walmart to get a few groceries. Then we came home and made Bunny Bait for a special Easter treat. We will be coloring eggs tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.

yay!!

oh, posted the wrong name, i think it was from Yarnscrapper!! thank you scrapper!!!

Aww! Jade looks so sweet!

We seem to be finished with 2 months of constantly sick kids and mommy around here. Both girls missed more than 2 (different) weeks of school from it all. And spread out, not solid weeks.

I'm trying to get back on track.

Hello Ladies!

Whew! I am tired! Went to another equipment auction a couple hours away all day yesterday with DH... It was a good trip..

This morning got up and went to church. We had a Cross Walk.. started 8:00 and our route is about 5 miles, so just got home a little bit ago. Reckon I will get cleaned up and head on out to little GS's opening day of his baseball then come home and fix a dessert. 2 of the kids are going to come by after having dinner at the other set of parents, they will come back by here. My oven went out the other day, so I guess it all worked out.

Of all things, I was out in town the other day getting the things to make the grands little baskets, and was approached for a job.. I really want it because I miss working and Lord knows we could use the extra.. but not looking forward to Having to get dressed and having all my days planned for me. I am a little scared though. I have been doing so well with this fibro, but worried if working on my feet all day is going to bring it back and me not be able to do the job.. but, if its' to be it will happen and if not, then I pray the Lord shuts the door.. we shall see.

Owlvamp- I love your baskets!!! They are adorable!!

Bgs-- I sure hope your toothache is gone now... they are the worst!!

Tribble79-- you are so right about eating healthy costing more! But i am also learning to cook things differently.. your lake weekend sounds fun!

Carol- I hope you are enjoying your weekend stay with your daughter! It sounds like you are! :)

ImmaFreek-- little Jade's pictures are so adorable!! She is So cute!! hope you get over the cold soon!

HowieAnn -- glad it looks like life is on the mend at your house now.. Not good when it is constantly something..

Hello Katiebug, #1CrochetFan, Katyallen and anyone else I missed!! And HAPPY EASTER everybody!! :rabbit :hen :1sheep

Cute baby Jade!

Quick check in. Up and ready for the day. Getting ready to fix lunch, then to decide what to do today.

Just sharing a picture Mr tribble tooknow of our youngest 4 legged children. ... enjoy

Katy sich a pretty square.

Well my face feels so violated. First my eyes were dilated at the eye dr and then it was off to the dentist for a temporary crown. Waiting for the novacaine to wear off and then my jaws will probably ache from the work.

I hope your jaw is feeling better! Tooth pain is the absolute worst!  :hug

She is adorable!!!  :manyheart  I'm so glad she's finally home with her family!!

Hello Ladies!

Whew! I am tired! Went to another equipment auction a couple hours away all day yesterday with DH... It was a good trip..

This morning got up and went to church. We had a Cross Walk.. started 8:00 and our route is about 5 miles, so just got home a little bit ago. Reckon I will get cleaned up and head on out to little GS's opening day of his baseball then come home and fix a dessert. 2 of the kids are going to come by after having dinner at the other set of parents, they will come back by here. My oven went out the other day, so I guess it all worked out.

Of all things, I was out in town the other day getting the things to make the grands little baskets, and was approached for a job.. I really want it because I miss working and Lord knows we could use the extra.. but not looking forward to Having to get dressed and having all my days planned for me. I am a little scared though. I have been doing so well with this fibro, but worried if working on my feet all day is going to bring it back and me not be able to do the job.. but, if its' to be it will happen and if not, then I pray the Lord shuts the door.. we shall see.

Owlvamp- I love your baskets!!! They are adorable!!

Bgs-- I sure hope your toothache is gone now... they are the worst!!

Tribble79-- you are so right about eating healthy costing more! But i am also learning to cook things differently.. your lake weekend sounds fun!

Carol- I hope you are enjoying your weekend stay with your daughter! It sounds like you are! :)

ImmaFreek-- little Jade's pictures are so adorable!! She is So cute!! hope you get over the cold soon!

HowieAnn -- glad it looks like life is on the mend at your house now.. Not good when it is constantly something..

Hello Katiebug, #1CrochetFan, Katyallen and anyone else I missed!! And HAPPY EASTER everybody!! :rabbit :hen :1sheep

You've had a busy couple of days!! I hope what's meant to be happens with your job!  :)  DH and I talk a lot about how it really is about finding new ways to cook things and just being more aware of what you're putting into your mouth. It's definitely easier to eat things that aren't as good for you and I can't really clip coupons anymore because they all seem to be for all the stuff we've cut out- the frozen, high-calorie, high-sodium stuff. It's no wonder the country is so unhealthy! A salad can cost $8 when a cheeseburger is $1!  :no  And we definitely aren't eating out like we used to so I'm spending a lot more time in the kitchen. But we're eating less so I have more leftovers. Poor DH has to have the same thing for dinner sometimes several nights in a row! Lol 

There still isn't much to report here. We ran some errands yesterday and today and I've been working on Sophie. Today I decided to put Sophie aside for a few days and work on putting that Moogly CAL afghan together. I'm trying something new with the joining method called Celtic Lace Join. It's a join as you go border for the squares and so far I've got 3 attached and a long way to go! Lol And I got them all laid out and decided I don't like one of the squares since it's the only one with stripes when all the others are regular squares. So I'll have to replace that one. It's way down on the afghan though, so I don't have to worry about that right yet. 

I'll probably get another one or two of those blocks together and then head to bed. Tomorrow we've got Easter lunch with several of our friends and my contribution (snap pea salad) is already in the fridge. 

I hope everyone has a happy Easter!  :rabbit

Hello and Happy Easter!

We all went to church last night but my son-in-law works at the church and had to be there for 3 services today. My daughter was scheduled to help with children's ministry for one service but since Easter is so busy she decided to help with all 3 services. My grandkids and I are havinng a fun morning playing with gifts from the Easter bunny and now they've settled down to watch a little tv. We will have an egg hunt this afternoon. Then I will need to head home and back to work tomorrow.

Hi all and Happy Easter! Just a quick check in, I'm planning on heading to bed as soon as possible tonight. So tired from yesterday and today, running around, transplanting herbs and babysitting, plus egg dying, hunting, and going to my nieces house.

Hope everyone had a great day, and weekend! :hug s all

Good morning!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter! We had an enjoyable weekend! A full day of festivities Saturday and then we got up and went to Easter Sunrise Service at 6:00. DH and DD came home for a nap in between services but I stayed to help with clean-up because we had breakfast after. Then a special Easter service at regular time. Afterwards we went to DH's mother's for lunch and then home.. I tried to get a nap but the kiddos came over to hide eggs, which we wound up they hid all over the house because of the rain. Everyone finally went home about 8:00 last night. Which means I have a lot of clean up today! LOL! I also have the oldest GS today ( in Kindergarten).. They didn't have school today because of teacher's meetings. But he's not a bit of trouble when he is by himself, so I plan on working on a square or two this evening and finish a jewelry set for my DIL's birthday....

I saw briefly when I woke this morning about the spring storms causing tornado damage in many parts.. I do hope everyone here is okay!

TRIBBLE79-- your pups are so cute!! Your caption is so fitting for the photo!

NIKKI--- I totally blew WW yesterday!! TOTALLY blew it!! So got to do LOTS better today!! and Yes! don't forget that Moogly afghan!! I've been wondering did you get it finished and I missed it! You know how much I loved your squares on it! :wink  and the Sophie!! :bounce  You seem to love  all the things I wish to do!! LOL!!

CAROL -- it sounds like you had a really nice Easter with the family and I hope you have a good day at work today!!

KATYALLEN and KATIEBUG-- a happy Monday to ya'll!! and to everyone else too!!

monday is sunny and warm, breezy a little, but tolerable, and i have been out and bout today, and backhere again... I have been keeping busy going through stuff, as next month early, or mid, can't remember, we have our neighborhood clean up, and they provide us a huge couple of dumpters, and you can put whatever you want to get rid of in it, things you can't normally put in the reg. trash cans and stuff, so gathering up here and there, bits and parts, and things that are broke, or no longer usable, and stacking that up in boxes, and such, to either donate the good stuff, and get rid of the bad, or all of it goes, not sure yet how we will  classify that, lol..

So that is why the last few weeks have been sorting, and cleaning ou t things around here, and handyman in the shed is working on that project as well... So far, i know of an old tv that went out, stored in the shed for a lack of a better place to put it when it went out, and a water heater that recently joined the pile in the shed, awaiting trash week, lol

I am pretty well cleaned out now in the house, still stuff i am not ready to give away, or throw away though, as there always is, lol, but not like it was, have gotten rid of much, and still probably more to come......

other than that, nothing really happening here, probably have an easy supper out of leftovers, and call it done, lol

I still plan on the puffys going out, but now, our streets are pretty much blocked from both ends with roadwork, and I turned around already a couple times, seems every way i wanna go, i can't,but tha will clear up too towards the end of the week, im sure, and i will be ble to move about again. handyman has been out and anbout, with small jobs, so i don't wanna bother him with my post office runs, but will, if I can't get out myself pretty soon! 

Ankle is better however, just a sprain, but you know they hurt almost more than a break it seems, lol, so soon I will be up and bout i hope, if i don't re injure it..

nothing much else, nice day, going to go and sit on the deck in my swing, and enjoy it for a bit, see you al later, have a great day!!!! :manyheart

Hello.

I did not want to get out of my bed this morning but I did and went to work, it wasn't too bad. Then I went for a dental cleaning and my mouth is a little sore but i'm sure that will pass quickly. Came home, started a load of laundry and sat to relax, I should be doing something else I'm sure but I'm tired and the dirt will still be here tomorrow :lol . Hope everyone has a great evening. 

Hello everyone,  I wanted to thank Yarnscrapper (Shawn) for the very nice blue square and the card that she sent. I appreciate it.  I apologize for the delay in posting.  Here is a pic.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Not much new going on with me.  I made it through the winter, which was milder than usual and we got very little snow.  I'm glad that it's just about over.  

post-41725-0-23567700-1459280704_thumb.jpg

hi all,, note to everyone,.....................................................................................................................................

.................................... i just got a letter today from snowbear, yes, a real live written letter, telling me of her computer being broke, and no means to fix it right now, such a shame, she couldn't say when she might be online again, if ever, and i was sorry to hear that. I was impressed though too, that she chose to let us know, no matter what way, and I think we all appreciate her consideration in letting us know right away we  always worry so when people just dissapear,here one day, gone the next, and I never know what happened to them, or why they left without letting us know,it's just simply a more polite and considerate way to handle things. so thank you for that Arlene, and we will do what we can to keep in touch. Heads up, chest out, shoulders back, things will get better soon, im sure!

She did also express her desire to keep in touch with us all, and ask that i pass the word on, and to thank everyone for the squares they sent. She would love it if some of us who can, would snail mail her a little note, or something, to keep in touch now and then, and asked that her address be passed to whomever of us here on the thread that needs it for said purpose.just let me know if you need it, and Ill message her addy right out to you, ok..

..Well, Ill sure miss her, but this doesnt' mean we should lose touch with her, and her square needs, as I think she needs a mind boost,and what better way, than to recieve a card or note from us, right, telling her of all the news....Arlene, don't give up,we're out here, thinking of you still,and someday, you will be able to get that puter up and running, we'll all still be here when you do!!

Archived