Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I got a puffy today! Yay! It's from Katy ????

Sorry I'm gone so much. I've been struggling with some health issues and taking care of my girls and home are taking up all my available energy. I do think of you ladies often. I hope all is well.

I better get going. Dinner isn't going to cook itself, unfortunately. Haha!

post-48303-0-63770400-1460059973_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

It's been a busy week and I'm tired tonight but I have enough energy to do a litte crocheting while I watch TV. I mailed my April puffys yesterday so hopefully they will be in their new homes soon. I am really glad tomorrow is Friday. My daughter has a doctor's appointment tomorrow which should finalize delivery plans, right now the plan is to admit her to the hospital Monday evening and begin inducing labor unless she goes into labor before then. She is not due until the 16th but they don't want her to go longer because of her asthma. I got a new student at school today which always makes for an interesting day. Guess that's about it for me, have a great evening.

our nwest old new member is Lovin2crochet, so everyone welcome carole....

ok carole, you prefs are posted on the first post of this thread, with your first name, and prefs, colors, etc. The only real change we have gone through Carole, isi that now, we messg. the reciipients of our intended squares, ourselves, for the addy, we stopped emailing, and updating so much a new list, so anyone that wants to mail squares to you, will message you for your addy, eliminates a lot of the problem and upkeep of the thread..i still have a list of the addys, for use if the chosen recipient can not be reached or some other such emergency though.

A list on the first post, has all the members names, and preferences under their birth month,  and if you want to mail some squares you im them for the addy..

We are doing by month now, everyone that has a b day in Jan. for instance, are grouped in the Jan list, and we all do what we can to make sure they get at least a few sqares during that month at least, but you can still mail to those you chose to as well...

any other questions, just im me, or ask anyone onf the thread, welcome, you are now on the list, under Dec!

Well, feel free to ask if you still have any questions, welcome aboard! 

i tribble, good to see you posting, you are keeping busy, huh, and so it sounds like is little tribble, lol

I want to apologize in advance for not being able to reply to everyone. It's just too tedious on the tablet. I love reading about and catching up on everyone even though I can't respond to all.

We've been shopping at Aldi since I was little. We go there when out of town. In town we shop at save a lot. The other grocery store in town, is at the least triple the amount of off brand things at save a lot. We are unable to spend that amount so we do stick with off brand items. The one thing we have ato buy name brand is doritos as little Tribble will not eat off brand. I personally dislike name brand and off brand doritos...

I havn't had time to do any crocheting the last couple of weeks and I hate it. I am either cleaning or too sleepy to stay awake any longer...

Been working on a cute craft with pipe cleaners with little Tribble. Will let all see when it's finished, might even make more!

Working tonight and tomorrow night, then taking little Tribble to see monster trucks on Saturday. This will be his first time going with us. I am so glad he's now the age where he can go to things like this. He also wants to go to a Sabaton concert with us,but we have to wait till they are back here in the states.

I'm wanting to go to trader days on Sunday, it's like a huge once a year flea market, but don't think we're going to be able to do that as we had to buy little Tribble's baseball glove and shoes this week. Man, sports are pricey! But he wanted to play and I want to keep him active. Maybe next year for the trader days!! :)

I hope everyone has a great night!

Goodness katy your imagination is in overdrive. It was just a hospital lab. I had an incident not long after the forum upgrade where I couldn't get on but deleting cache and cookies seemed to solve the problem. Thats a lot of clocks. How many do you keep running and set for the right time? That's one thing that drives me crazy at dad's house---my stepmom has many clocks all through the house and they are either stopped or not set to the right time.
Through the years I go through spells when I shop regular at aldi and then I may not go there for years. At times they closed stores that were handy for me to stop at and then eventually opened other ones.

ha, yeah, to some it may seem like overdrive, to me, sorta a mild sampling of what goes on in the old brain basket, lol Lab though, does put Frankenstein in your mind, you gotta admit that, right!! i read somewhere that trader joes, and the people that run aldi's started off in i dunno, russia maybe, two brothers, and one now is trader jos and one is aldis, i think it went that way, was a while back i read that, in the trader jos mail out advertisement paper, i guess.not sure though, was a while back..

most of my clocks in the curio cabinets, are battery less, and not set, the ones i most use, and put on display get all the batteries, and all the attention for a time, but, i am a fair clock keeper, if nothing else, and eventually, they all get their chance to be put on display, and, no lie here, set to the right time, and wiyh fresh batteries......I leave them out for their time in the sun, till it's battery time again, and then swicth them out with some other lucky clocks they all get their turns!! I do like to be fair about it, lol

My oh my, i bet your step mom, has a nice collection, little note of importance,it seems to be a requirement for those that  have a clock collections must own stock in duracell, or ever ready ( they will even accept Energizer )for sure, there is not enough batteries in the state here  probably to keep every clock going in every clock collectors collection in omaha, or any where i know of, lol

I got a puffy today! Yay! It's from Katy

Sorry I'm gone so much. I've been struggling with some health issues and taking care of my girls and home are taking up all my available energy. I do think of you ladies often. I hope all is well.

I better get going. Dinner isn't going to cook itself, unfortunately. Haha!

Oh Cindy,sorry to hear of you health issues, hope it passes quickly, and glad to see you got the square, and it is enjoing its; new home!

Hello Everyone!

It's been a busy week and I'm tired tonight but I have enough energy to do a litte crocheting while I watch TV. I mailed my April puffys yesterday so hopefully they will be in their new homes soon. I am really glad tomorrow is Friday. My daughter has a doctor's appointment tomorrow which should finalize delivery plans, right now the plan is to admit her to the hospital Monday evening and begin inducing labor unless she goes into labor before then. She is not due until the 16th but they don't want her to go longer because of her asthma. I got a new student at school today which always makes for an interesting day. Guess that's about it for me, have a great evening.

soon a new baby, how exciting!! I picked my daughters day of birth, well, between 3 days anyway, lol, as they didn't want me to carry any longer, due to they were worried about that high blood pressure thing one sometimes gets with pregnancy, can't remember the name, but anyway, i picked the first day of the three, i just wanted it over, lol and turned out it was the best choice, as that is the very day we now celebrate her birthday each year, HA HA HA......co-incidence, or what!

oh we do have an old new member, not so in age, but one that is re-joining us!! she would love Christmas colors, 6 inch, and I will put her on the list shorlty, welcome back home to the thread Loving2Crochet!!!   (Carole) glad to have you aboard again!!!

Sandra (Owlvamp) Thank You so much for the lovely gifts for Jade ❤️ I love them. Yesterday was a rough day for me, and opening your package made me smile. It is amazing and wonderful how we all are friends and how special we all are to each other even though most of us have never met

Thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️ :hug

post-39682-0-47234700-1460087990_thumb.jpg

oh we do have an old new member, not so in age, but one that is re-joining us!! she would love Christmas colors, 6 inch, and I will put her on the list shorlty, welcome back home to the thread Loving2Crochet!!!   (Carole) glad to have you aboard again!!!

Hey! ya'll ~ :)  Thanks for the welcome!  Didn't realize just how much I've missed everyone . . . except when I come across my box of puffys from you all (yes, I'm a bit of a pack-rat, keeping all those envelopes and notes ~ LoL).  And yes, I also still have my list of names/addresses, too, but I'll double-check with you before I send anything, okie-dokie? :)

Hubby and I have been busy remodeling our house, and are just about done.  Getting anxious to get moved into it, probably around May or June, perhaps?

It will certainly be nice to get back into a regular "crochet day"! :)  Hope everyone has been doing well this past 4 yrs, too.  Can't believe it's been that long!  Missed you all bunches!! :hug

Sandra (Owlvamp) Thank You so much for the lovely gifts for Jade ❤️ I love them. Yesterday was a rough day for me, and opening your package made me smile. It is amazing and wonderful how we all are friends and how special we all are to each other even though most of us have never met

Thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️ :hug:yes

Wow, that is gorgeous lacey, sandra does lovely work, and is so kind too, i know JADE will love it for a long time to come, good jog sandra!!  as you can see, not unlike our cshort, sandra is talented in many other areas, besides just crochet!!!

Hey! ya'll ~ :)  Thanks for the welcome!  Didn't realize just how much I've missed everyone . . . except when I come across my box of puffys from you all (yes, I'm a bit of a pack-rat, keeping all those envelopes and notes ~ LoL).  And yes, I also still have my list of names/addresses, too, but I'll double-check with you before I send anything, okie-dokie? :)

Hubby and I have been busy remodeling our house, and are just about done.  Getting anxious to get moved into it, probably around May or June, perhaps?

It will certainly be nice to get back into a regular "crochet day"! :)  Hope everyone has been doing well this past 4 yrs, too.  Can't believe it's been that long!  Missed you all bunches!! :hug

Hi ya, uep, we be happy to help you finish up that 4 year old ghan, lol, thank goodness, yarn has no expiration date!!!! Good to have you back as well, we still have many of the people that you knew,  you know, bck in the day, ha ha ha.. so put your feet up, grab a cup of tea, or a diet coke, lean back, your hook at your side, pick out some pretty yarn, and go girl go!!!

Happy Friday!  :dance

Welcome back  Lovin2crochet.

That is a beautiful gift for Jade.

My daughter's doctor's appointment went well and she is scheduled for inducing on Monday night, I am sooooooo excited! :yay  :yay

I'm planning to spend the weekend sewing for the baby.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Welcome back Lovin2Crochet! I'm a newbie to this group even though I've been a member here since the very beginning of when Donna and Amy set up this site in 2005. Has it really been that long???? This site has been around before ravelry and I have always enjoyed it and hope it will always be here......

Anyway, I've had a headache for a few days and am finally feeling much better. On top of feeling better, I received a wonderful package of squares today from Cshort. Thank you so much, Carol! My blanket is coming along...Hooray!

Also, Carol, how exciting for a new grand baby to arrive on Monday!! Take it from me, bias aside, April is a great month to be born.-haha

post-3193-0-31723700-1460248237_thumb.jpeg

Owlvamp, the handprint potholders sound very cute, I hope you'll share a picture when you're finished.

#1crochetfan, I'm glad the squares made it safely to their new home.

I spent the day sewing and just have to remove some basting stitches and the crib set will be done then it's on to a car set cover, this baby is keeping me busy and she is not even here yet  :lol . I think I will do some crocheting this evening, for the baby of course.

Hi all! Just a quick check in tonight because this week just has me exhausted! 

First of all, thank you KATIE for the lovely squares!!  :manyheart  I keep forgetting to take a picture in the daylight but hopefully I'll remember tomorrow. 

DH and I have been house hunting and it's exhausting! I can't decide if we're too picky or if we're normal! Lol! We've got another house to see hopefully Monday and there's a new construction in a neighborhood we really like that we've got our realtor checking out. We're not in a huge hurry because our lease isn't up until the end of June I think, but as long as it's summertime, our landlord wouldn't have any problem with us leaving. He just wants to be able to re-rent the house easily and we've been here for almost 4 years, so he knows we won't do him wrong and just leave him high and dry. 

Sister took Peanut to the park on Friday and DH and I went with them. "The Park" for Peanut just means a big field he can go run circles in. He doesn't care about swings and slides, he just wants to run. So that's what we did. We ran and ran and ran. I swear, who needs the gym when you have a toddler?? He also found the horseshoe pits and those were the most fun because he could grab handfuls of sand and pile it on his head. I'm pretty sure Sister will still be finding sand in random Peanut crevices for a week. I got a couple cute pictures I'll add at the end. 

Tomorrow we're up and out early to go have lunch with our uncle. It's a big buffet restaurant they like to go to, so eating there will be interesting since we're trying to watch what we're eating, but I think we'll manage. Plus we're going to the gym tomorrow night, so I'm sure I'll be fine! 

post-11765-0-04141200-1460259263_thumb.jpg

Bringing his "Unca" flowers. When DH and I are with Peanut, he only has eyes for his Unca!!  :manyheart

post-11765-0-43176300-1460259269_thumb.jpg

Action shot lol 

post-11765-0-20466700-1460259275_thumb.jpg

Oh boy, the sand is so much fun!! 

Okay, I'm off for the night. I hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'll try to check back tomorrow!  :)

Oh also! Finally finished Moogly! Whew!! Hopefully I'll get pictures taken tomorrow... just have to figure out my plan of attack because it's at least queen size...  :think I think I'll be dragging the stepladder to the guest bedroom! Lol

hi all, goo things are happening, pretty squares, cute peanut, lol and lovely to hear from yarnmonkey, as well, we missed peanut pics, and whatever else i read and was going to comment on, is now fluey, out of my head...sigh.

windy here, for ever, wind never dies it seems, and im a  bit on the off side of more, but not storms, not even a shower so far, weather is mild, cloudy, and it's Sujday, so there you have the update, lol

Im working ona baby ghan, a shell one again, i love the shell stittch much like the granny squares one, it comes out pretty good on the edges, whcih im all for, and seldom needs a border. I had some grape fizz varigated to use up, and i used that and the colors in there, i think kinda of a dark turquoise green, and some purple (ILTY) and off white, and i think thats it, so that should finish up the varigated, the off white, and the i love this yarn purple,and the dark turgoise possible that i have more of that though, and one more skein of the varg,and i always keep soft white,white, and a few other colors in stock, as it seems i tgo through some colors more quickly than others. I am currently of the the RHSS  yellow, and dark purple, and pretty in pink, but bein as I have many other yellows, and pinks,an no purple though, iwon't buy any of those colors soon, util i use up what pinks and yellows i have, lol  

then i have a few more varigated colors to get through and i iwll feel i accomplished a lot doing all that,lol

ohlets see,got a ham in the oven, we never got to have our own easter dinner yet, as we had some other obligations to take care of, so today, better late than never huh...

omg the trouble i have had with changing passwords on everything lately, someone out there knows how i should dump my cache, don't they, lol i did the cookie thing, and changed all my favortite sites to allow cookies always, but i never did dump the cache, as i don't know how, so help please, lol  i changed most of the passwords on sites i could remember, such as ebay, and paypal, an such, so hope they all took, such a hassle with some of them, sheesh, a whole lot to go through for a couple of password changes, imexhausted, lol... well appreciate any help you can come up with for dumping my ccache, lol off for now, that ham is calling my name!!

Welcome back, I'm a newer member here but everyone has been wonderfu!

omg the trouble i have had with changing passwords on everything lately, someone out there knows how i should dump my cache, don't they, lol i did the cookie thing, and changed all my favortite sites to allow cookies always, but i never did dump the cache, as i don't know how, so help please, lol  i changed most of the passwords on sites i could remember, such as ebay, and paypal, an such, so hope they all took, such a hassle with some of them, sheesh, a whole lot to go through for a couple of password changes, imexhausted, lol... well appreciate any help you can come up with for dumping my ccache, lol off for now, that ham is calling my name!!

Hampshire sounds day awesome, I have no clue about the cache, is that the same as history or cookies? I know how to dump history on my tabletablet but that's about it...

Hello.

Today was a pretty good but lots of paper work to get done this week and I'm taking tomorrow off to be at the hospital when my granddaughter is born. So tonight I'm taking it easy with some spinning and some crocheting. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Katy- maybe this link will help you-

http://www.namastecafe.com/computer/cache.htm

I have row 1 of the afghan done, so far. I need to clean ends up before I do the next row. Since I am attaching them as I do the black all around, it will be a little frustrating as it grows, but definitely it is saving me time, attaching them this way.

post-3193-0-70090600-1460414444_thumb.jpeg

hi all idont know if cache is the same as history, or what, i did the cookie thing,just waiting for it to go bluey again, lol,hope it doesn't, but i dunno, crochetville now won't let me change my password, so here we go again, huh. least i got on tonight, lol

nice row of pretty squares, so bright and pretty!! i will try that link, thank you #1crochetfan, i will look at it.

Archived