Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh my, so much to read and catch up on! Not feeling well tonight, I have been working hard trying to get things all set before I start to work... Had to go yesterday to be fingerprinted and background check so I guess I should hear something within another couple of days... but my ear has been trying to hurt all day..a lot of sinus problems, so...

Brenda, those sure were some pretty afghans and boy have your fingers been busy!! I did manage to finish the kitchen towel and dish cloths, and been working on trying to catch up on squares.. I will take a pic of the kitchen set when I have some better light.

and Nikki,,, I get excited everytime I see where you post about the Moogly afghan and the Sophie!!! :lol

Katyallen,, I loved reading how you summed this place up!! still one of the new kids on the block, but even though my posting is sporadic, everyone here adds so much to my days, reading about your families, lives and the places you live.. and I am realizing that the ladies on here are some of the most encouraging, kindhearted and giving people on God's green planet!!!

So sad to hear how Arlene is having such problems with her computer... I will get her address from you Katyallen so I can send her a card and note with her LATE squares! But how touching to see how people care here!!

Well, just wanted to say hi to all and hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished these two afghans this week. I will be taking them to my niece tomorrow and they will go to Project Linus by way of her office challenge.attachicon.gif20160401_091250.jpgattachicon.gif20160401_090656.jpgattachicon.gif20160401_091038.jpg

I love them! The colors are just wonderful. They'll have some very happy new owners.  :yes

Hi all and happy Saturday evening! And a belated Happy April Fool's Day too! Had a log last couple days. Yesterday was Babybug's 3rd birthday, today we had the party, and between the two days, I'm about done...But she had fun and got to hang out with her cousins and play, eat cake, unwrap prezzies, blow bubbles, and whatnot. So the exhaustion is definitely worth it! She had a Minnie Mouse cake that my mom made for her, and it was awesome! So tasty and delicious! I'm waiting for the pictures to come through and then ill post them as well!

I hope everyone is well and having a great weekend! s for everyone!

:birthday  babybug! 

lasat march puffy should be on its way, he had no trouble this time at th po, lol

now comes ths month, so ILL start on those and strive to get them out this first part of APril, whilst Im thinking about it.. lol

that's really about it, did the norm week end stuff, groceries, and such, and then home, and had lunch, and more stuff, lol, same old same old, different day,you know, hope all you are well, and having a grand weekend, il see you tomorrow!!

You're way ahead of me, even late! I've gotten through February birthdays I think, but I'm trying to make only one trip to the post office so I've got a tote bag I'm slowly filling. I'm hoping to catch up this month!  :reyes

Oh my, so much to read and catch up on! Not feeling well tonight, I have been working hard trying to get things all set before I start to work... Had to go yesterday to be fingerprinted and background check so I guess I should hear something within another couple of days... but my ear has been trying to hurt all day..a lot of sinus problems, so...

Brenda, those sure were some pretty afghans and boy have your fingers been busy!! I did manage to finish the kitchen towel and dish cloths, and been working on trying to catch up on squares.. I will take a pic of the kitchen set when I have some better light.

and Nikki,,, I get excited everytime I see where you post about the Moogly afghan and the Sophie!!!

Katyallen,, I loved reading how you summed this place up!! still one of the new kids on the block, but even though my posting is sporadic, everyone here adds so much to my days, reading about your families, lives and the places you live.. and I am realizing that the ladies on here are some of the most encouraging, kindhearted and giving people on God's green planet!!!

So sad to hear how Arlene is having such problems with her computer... I will get her address from you Katyallen so I can send her a card and note with her LATE squares! But how touching to see how people care here!!

Well, just wanted to say hi to all and hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

Sophie has taken a bit of a backseat to Moogly, mainly because assembling Moogly made it kind of explode all over the living room and I just had to get through it. Now she's assembled and I've gotten about 2/3 of the way through round 2 of the border and ran out of white yarn.  :( Because obviously i decided to go overboard and got a little carried away on both the joining and the border! Oh well! I think it'll be worth it in the end. In theory, it'll be 100% done in the next few days. My estimation of Friday didn't take into account the border. And now with the border she's looking like she'll be at least queen-sized. Like I said, I got a little carried away! Lol I hope you feel better tomorrow!  :hug

Today DH and I slept in a little and then made a trip to a new grocery store in our area, Aldi. I am in love!!  :manyheart  It's nothing fancy and they don't carry everything we need on a regular basis, so I'll still have to go to our usual, but what I can get there is so much cheaper! Especially the produce! And that's the most expensive part of this whole eating healthy thing. So it was an absolute madhouse since it's only been open about 2 weeks and being a Saturday afternoon, but it was completely worth it! This evening was leftovers for dinner and a movie on TV. Tomorrow we're going to go out for lunch and then we're meeting with a realtor to go see a few houses!  :c9  :yay We're tired of renting this old house that we can't do anything to and we're ready for our own place. I'm so excited!! 

Okay, off for the night... I want to get a chemo hat done or another market bag started before bed. Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

yarn_monkey I love Aldi and the three I shop at are pretty much always really busy on Sat. The checkers get you through really quick but with so many customers its hard to navigate through the store.

Good Morning!

I'm up early and getting ready for church then I'll be in my sewing room working on crib rail covers. My daughter told me that they are not going to let her go past her due date of April 16 because of her asthma and meds. So if she doesn't go into labor on her own this week she will be admitted to the hospital next monday, April 11th to have labor induced, so my new baby will be here by next Tuesday! I really need to get the crib set finished. Ok I' off and running, have a great day everyone.

Hi all ! It's been a while since I've been on, so I'll have to catch up from the computer. Jade is up to 7 1/2 pounds at her last dr visit last week. ???? finally got a good picture of my mom holding Jadeybug :)

post-39682-0-92133800-1459694797_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-07984700-1459694809_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-41125900-1459694864_thumb.jpg

yarn_monkey I love Aldi and the three I shop at are pretty much always really busy on Sat. The checkers get you through really quick but with so many customers its hard to navigate through the store.

I heard about Aldi's way before they even hit the states,my sis in law in berlin always talked about them over there and what a deal they were,now its our turn we have one just up the street

Owlvamp- Your afghan came out nicely.

Bgs- Both your afghans that you finished are really pretty.

Katiebug-  Congrats on your little one turning 3!  She's adorable!

Immafreek-Jade is adorable and she really is growing "leaps and bounds".

Hershey038- I hope you're feeling better.  It sounds like you have been very busy.

Not much new here.  We had huge snowflakes falling this morning, but thank goodness nothing stuck.  The temperature dropped a lot from the end of last week.  I was starting to enjoy the nice weather.  Oh well.....

I went to get my mail a little while ago and was pleasantly surprised to find a package from Bgs!

Thank you so much,Brenda, for the nice Birthday card and for what I counted up to be, 44 squares!! :day  :hug

What a big help this is in getting my afghan together.

post-3193-0-44472300-1459804280_thumb.jpg

I received some lovely squares from Katie KatyAllen8090 today.  Thank you so much.   I appreciate all the pretty squares I've received recently.  

Here they are:  post-41725-0-70009000-1459804803_thumb.jpg

Thanks again and I hope all is well with everyone.  

katy here is the first page of the CAL that Turtlelvr  started.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/113104-friendship-ghan-square-calupdated-in-post-1/?hl=friendshipghan

ImmaFreek and Katiebug thanks for sharing those sweet photos with us.  

#1crochetfan glad your package made it.  I sort of lost count.  I just kept pulling out the different shades I had in those colors and made a couple of each hoping they would work.  

pineknott there have been a few ALDI's in the KC area for many years but they were pretty far apart and not really in areas where I travel,  Now they are popping up everywhere.  I was sort of hoping they might put one in up town since our grocery store closed in Dec.  We read in the paper that a grocery store was  going to open up there in May, not an ALDI, but that's okay because the area really needs a grocery store.  I have noticed that now ALDI carries a line of healthier choiced things.  I just noticed this past year that at some point they had started carrying plain shredded wheat when in the past all they had was frosted.  Some things they carry are seasonal so I have bought things to try and went back for more only to find out I could no longer get it until next year.  

Hello everyone.

Those of you who getting cold and snow I hope you are staying warm and safe.

Those are some very pretty squares.

I'm hoping to get to the post office tomorrow to mail April puffys.

Today was work and grocery shopping. I have a sewing guild meeting tonight which is always fun.

Have a great night.

ack, im in the minority here, we have always had aldis, and knew they were part of traders joes, but if for one have been there only bout twice, maybe, and I am not a fan. they have no name brands, and I am a stickler for my name brands, lol, once in a while handyman will go there for milk, or something that we don't mind getting off brands of,but for the record,not a fan....

nice squares from brenda, my so many to now that puffy, ahd got to  qualify as a super pack of a puffy, lol, or the colossal mother of puffy's, lol. you are welcome sharon, glad they reached you so soon, i only apologize for being late!! glad they will work for you too!!

more march bdays puffys on their way as of sat, so keep your eyes open ladies...

Thanks for that link brenda, i just couldn't get it to come up for me, looks like lots of vets from those days are with us, sheesh,

and some of those names i reemember most have not since been heard of....

i often wonder if I should try to contact the missings to see if they know we are still going, but then decide against it, as all they have to do is cehck the board, so i dunno, I spose if they want in again, we will hear from them, huh!!

I have yet to read trhough it all, i just read the members names on that first post, but look forward to doing so, in the next few days!! Kind of fun to take a look back, now and then, She started the thread in april 2010 maybe, and hen, I picked it up after she left off, in may of 2012 i think, so having a good run, huh... .

i know too, there are older threaads, like on the games and stuff, but i never go there to play um so not sure if they are still going or not.... I limit my choices to those subjects i am interested in, and or follow, an then hit the new content button for those, bypassing lots of the other forums i just don't need to mess with everyday, lol makes for less trouble, and if i want to see all new content, i will just click on it! so much for that, eh.  Yes the tsorms in the east and uper states got a bad surprise, huh, wow... bet when they woke up and it was snowcovered, they thought the yukon moved out east and came to them....

My dad, the some of the little i know about him, was born in wis, right up near the border of canada, in the North woods area, and mom always said, when he built our house here, he made sure to put in the best heating and cooling  combined system made at that time, lol and two fire places to boot, cause of living threre where it is so cold!!

well, it never let us down, and never got too cold, OR too hot, lol Its still standing, with the same people in it, as we sold it to, when mom passed in 87.

we were able to tour the house, with the owners permission back a few years ago, and although things had changed, the house was the same, so many memories in that house. The rooms looked smaller than i remember as well, guess cause i am a bit taller now, lol...... but i swear i heard my sister and i playing out on the tire swing whilst we were touring it. glanced out the bathroom window, like my mom always did keeping track of us, and I swear I saw me,and little sis on the tire swing, her cute little pixie haircut flying in the breeze, and she was yelling my turn! and i was pushing her, in my cutoffs, and favorite red top with the white fringe! it was a summer time pasttime, that tire swing!! The nrighborhood seemed to always gather at our house, weather to play jump rope, or ride bikes, or play baseball in the backyard,or tire swing,.. we had a very large at least three car drive so there was room to bike around and around, lol without ever leaving the house. well, i have gone on quite long enough, sorry about that, seems like yesterday sometimes, and sometimes, a million years ago!!

both she and I also, saw an image of my mom, in the front window once, when we were pulling up in the drive. Freaked my sis out, so i sure never told my little sis of the vision i saw out back.   and neither one of us, ever from that day forward, while we were cleaning and painnting there for months, getting the house ready to sell, we vowed to ever go there alone, . Freaky, but true..

that is absolutely true, don't know if my mind was playing games with me or what, but both of us together, we just shake our heads, and know she is still keeping her eye on us!

oh, gave myself chills, RIP mom, gone but never forgotten.

do you ever wonder if when you think of other people, do you think that at that exact time, they too, are thinking of you???

I think its possible, for sure.....anyway,

this now will complete our end of random thought session of our thread, lol..

ithink ill just sleep with the lights on tonight, lol

another day, another day, huh, lol felt puny today,, don't know what i did now, but my muscles hurt from something, like y ou know, if you do too much with one particular set of muscles, then they ache, well,i have b een drinking a lot of water, thought maybe i let myself get dehydrated, and that has helped, hope it is ll the way gone tomorrow,lol  So took it easy today, will crochet tomorrow, lol

all for now, jhope you all have a pleasant evening, over and out! 

katy I actually bought Diet Coke last time I stopped at ALDI. I like to stop there for fresh fruit and veggies but have been also getting milk,eggs,bread and cottage cheese there since our grocery store out here closed. I can't think of anything I have tried from there that we didn't like. I did not know they were associated with Trader Joes. I have only been in one of those once. They put a couple of those in KC maybe 5 years ago but not in areas I frequent. That was so neat that you

got to go through your childhood home. I have dreams about being back on my grandma's farm and working in the lab.

Just a quick hello. Love all the squares above and the pics of kids. I have one more March person to mail to, however, I still need to make the square :reyes .  I have been keeping busy with a T-Shirt quilt that I have to get done for a graduation next month. That is what I have been working on.  Once I'm done with that I'll get back to squares and yarn. :yes

Katy, I'm not a big fan of Aldi's either. We don't have them in Colorado but when I travel to the east coast I go with my sister, who is a big fan. So far I'm not impressed.  We used to have Cub Foods in Colorado and I loved it!!!  But they left the state and I don't know if they are still in business or not? I was very sad to see them go.  Oh well, it is what it is :lol .

Take care everyone!!

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well! I have been busy trying to get some things all caught up and ready to go to work.. I still haven't heard anything yet, but I know they've shelled out about 200$ to get me re-instated and ready to go so I'm just taking one day at a time and catching up until I do. I've also been working trying to get caught up up puffies going out.. Soo...but enjoying the most fabulous weather!!

I got a wonderful puffy yesterday and had to laugh KATYALLEN when I pulled it out of the mailbox and remembering your little story of what all it had been through! :lol  But the squares are OH So PRETTY!!! Thank you!! post-26273-0-29406500-1459904464_thumb.jpg    and I really enjoyed your "rambling" about your old house! I think it was nice that you got to pay it a visit! All of the old homes I lived in as a child are all torn down and gone now.. but for many years both my brother and I used to find out that in the same week many times we would both dream of going back to "visit" the main house we grew up in....

NIKKI glad you're keeping up posted on the Moogy and the Sophie! I just know when I see yours I am going to just have to get the yarn purchased at least to make them myself! :D  They are so beautiful..enjoyed all the conversations about the grocery stores like Aldi... To tell the truth, I haven't even heard of an Aldi.. we are so far out it's just the local Wal-mart and Piggly Wiggly and Ramey's IGA... I would love to have some other grocery places with better selections, but especially with lower costs!!!

CAROL, how exciting to be anticipating the arrival of your grand coming!!! :manyheart

LACEY, baby Jade is so adorable and great pics of your mom and family.. So glad to hear all the kiddos are doing good with all you went through..

KATIEBUG, it looks like your little one really was enjoying her party!

Hi to SANDRA, BRENDA, and everyone else!! Fixing to call it a night....

TERESA, I'm doing much better thank you! I would up having to take some OTC meds to knock it out, but feeling good! and that sure is a lot of pretty squares!! They will look so great when you get them together! and SNOW? :think  I thought it was SPRING!!! LOL!!

hi all, think i am back, with dear amy's help, i am no longer estranged from my ville, and my peoples!! sheesh, harrowing and frustrating as hec, but all seems well now, with of course amy's professional help, and patience, thank you amy, our admins are two of the finest!!

yes hershy, that puffy was pretty well-traveled by the  time it reached you im sure, lol

as as always, something good may come from something bad, so here goes life lesson numer 1009898 lol

It was frustrating, and time consuming, and nervewracking the time i was not able to get on the ville, and no wya to contact anyone to explainwas a huge part of it, as we , we're trying to get back, lol (with amy's professional help) so that was not fun, however, occured to me, i didn't have any way to reach anyone, as I had no emails to anyone, cept, of course through the ville, which i could not access......hum, thinkin cap on, i searched the vast waste land of my mind, and thought i rememeberd having Sandra's email, from a long while back, as she was a pattern tester for me at one time......WOW, it worked, i did have it, off went an email to Sandra!!

and she did me a solid, and put out the message, also having been through much the same thing a while back,and  was conforting and assuing at the same time, thank you sandra!!

so the good to come out of all this may be a little advice,  we should all of us have at least one member's direct email, so that we always have a contact, i was lucky,  so people

(,thank you sandra..)..

to avoid this problem in the future, i would advise you to pick at least ONE person, who is willing to give y ou a personal direct email, so you are not left out in the cold like i almost was, save for sandra!!

i am willing to give my personal direct email to any of you here on the thread, that want to use me for a contact, in hard times, it comes in handy...

bgs your reference to the word lab, intriques me greatly, lol need more info, lol does anyone else need snowbears address , just pm me! ill sent it out.OH, i know, i sent out April's puffys the other day too, so, two april b day girls, heads up ladies...Im done now, till may, lol    

well, i must now go and change the password, they always give you such a long one, when you forgotten it, which i didn,t but had put in for a change thinking that might solve my problem, seems no, but had to try so anyway, gonna to fix that up right now, thanks for your patience all!!      

whew that worked, so far so good, still ba bit tenuious, is that a word, anyway, a bit leary, i know thats a word, but i will get more confidant tht all on the ville is fine, as more time goes on. lol      good day to all, and to all, i be a happy camper again!! :cheer

yrp its a word, and the exct one i was looking for too, imagine that!! yay me!! http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tenuous

katy glad you made it back. Did the forums software boot you off like it has done to Tampa Doll a couple of times or was it corrupted cache on your computer keeping you from connecting? I worked in lab at a hospital for many years. I would work all day and often dreamed I was working there all night. Sometimes I still dream I am working there.

hi all, bgs, i think it ws a combination of the two, lol, you know, just like fixing anything else, you go through the cheap fix things, before you hit the fix!! lol oh a lab, huh, i was thinking, something along the lines of building a new Fankenstein or something, m y bad, overactive imagination on the loose again!!! 

wll good news, we might have a previous member from a while back re join, i won't say who it is yet, till i hear for sure, he he he....

at first the go to solution was the privacy filter went wacko  on my name, so that took a little bit to repair, then still couldn't sign in, so after 3 or 4 password requests for a new password, it still kept on booting me out,telling me i don't exist, so tried to open a new act, booted me out, telling me my name and email were in use by someone else, sooooo  then amy mentioned i should dump my cache, and delete my cookies which to be honest, scared the h eee doulble hocky sticks out of me, as i had no idea what that was, nor how to do it, lol she helped me through that part, and now my cookies are set on ...Crochetville, always accecpt cookies,  then one more password change,from the huge long number the password help gave me, back to something I actually hav a chance of remembering.....  and  Voile' seems to be ok now, was hoping i did not lose my stuff, like name and stuff, but didn't, Amy sure was a lot of help, we have the best admins!!

sooooo learn something everyday, eh.........thing about it is, i dn't know what i did in the first place to get to that anyway, and may neer know,,,, lol  but im not fussing about closure, some things just don't have that option, lol

last thing i rmember before all this, was clicking on the name of someone that apparentlyis not  on the ville anymore, and boom...

screen froze, restart, and then the dreaded, can't even bring up the page, grrrrrrrr, now what......thats when in a moment of panic i turned to the admins, and found amy email at ravelry,,,,,,,whew..................the calvary was on the way very quickly!! and today, no further probs, so far...

i too have dreamed about some of my jobs, and the people that worked with me too, and to tell ya the truth, they haven't been pleasant dreams it seems, i always wake up in a panic, but that soon passes, i guess it's stress's way of  familiarsizing itself with all my innerchallenges, and or  conflicts or some other drabble, lol theapy, whom me!! do you really think it would help??? Im just highly sensitive, and posess a wild and crazy imagination, really, right doc?   uh Doc?? , lol he just nodded and wrote someh ing in his little black notebook......................eeek      :eek   :yes  :no  :lol  :shrug

some very pretty squares being posted, oh yeah, darn it, another perplexing thing today, handydan bought a whole boatload of double and tripple a batteries, and said to put some in the clock.....WHICH clock?? Thee of course must be 150 alone in the clock curios !!   so that got me to thinking been awhile since i dusted in there,huh and i tried like crazy to push that thought out out out of my mind, wouldn't go, just kept making this appearance, during my judge show, then again, right around 3, too late to start that now, i tell myself, tomorrow, there is always tomorrow, right..well, sincei couln't start that this aft, and finish today, lol i did remove a few from the curio, and was going to put a new out, and some that have been out a while away in their place, first one i laid hands on,

(unintentional pun, ) the thingie on the back that adjusts the handa  and the alarm if there is one on it, broke off in my (again, forgive me) in my HANDs, oh my,Now i M BECOMING ALARMED so struggled with that, gettig it back on, and going to PUT a batterry in it, and course, that wasn't the right thingie for the time, that ran the alarm, not any winder thing on the time thing, of course, i mean if one of those windy things had to go, why not the alarm one, right, but no....i would have gven up, but it's little face broke me down, it's one chance to be looked at and USED everyday,FOR the soul  purpose it was created for,  and this is going to foul that up, not on your life little fella!!! Ill figure out something.......

Tried everything to turn it with very small screwdrivers, the mini precision  ones, nope, a hook from the knifty knitter, nope,

tweezers, nope, a needle, a handheld nutpick, thingie,scissors, safety pin, nothing, so Im now waiting till exactly 7 pm, to put the new batteries in, at precisely the  time the clock stopped, there for eliminating the power of the windy things to mve hands to the right time, completely.....so that until it needs new batteries again, i will get to use it and it will be perfect time!!! who needs those windy things anyway!! can't keep a good clock down, right pineknott!! I did however  learn one thing , you reading this pineknott, i prefer those clocks with reg numbers, don't care for the romannumeral  ones!! HA HA HA, a small set back, an easy hurdle, a little luck!! :yes

sigh....... did i ever tell you, i even have a clock that mysteriously runs backwards!!! truth!! i keep batteries out of that one, for the sake of NOT going bck in time, lol  although sometimes tempted......jut to see you know......i also have a double time one, whew, don't need that having a battery, life is hectic enough, lol

ive said way more than i intended, and so will leave you now, with that sampling of a day in the life of........lol  a few days of absense and i type your ears off, lol     have a great evening all!!!!!! IT's amost 635,gotta run,  no glass slipper deadline or anything, but think of the clock you all!!!!!! the moment it was waiting for is neer upon us!!!!!!!!!! wish me luck.........

I want to apologize in advance for not being able to reply to everyone. It's just too tedious on the tablet. I love reading about and catching up on everyone even though I can't respond to all.

We've been shopping at Aldi since I was little. We go there when out of town. In town we shop at save a lot. The other grocery store in town, is at the least triple the amount of off brand things at save a lot. We are unable to spend that amount so we do stick with off brand items. The one thing we have ato buy name brand is doritos as little Tribble will not eat off brand. I personally dislike name brand and off brand doritos...

I havn't had time to do any crocheting the last couple of weeks and I hate it. I am either cleaning or too sleepy to stay awake any longer...

Been working on a cute craft with pipe cleaners with little Tribble. Will let all see when it's finished, might even make more!

Working tonight and tomorrow night, then taking little Tribble to see monster trucks on Saturday. This will be his first time going with us. I am so glad he's now the age where he can go to things like this. He also wants to go to a Sabaton concert with us,but we have to wait till they are back here in the states.

I'm wanting to go to trader days on Sunday, it's like a huge once a year flea market, but don't think we're going to be able to do that as we had to buy little Tribble's baseball glove and shoes this week. Man, sports are pricey! But he wanted to play and I want to keep him active. Maybe next year for the trader days!! :)

I hope everyone has a great night!

Goodness katy your imagination is in overdrive. It was just a hospital lab. I had an incident not long after the forum upgrade where I couldn't get on but deleting cache and cookies seemed to solve the problem. Thats a lot of clocks. How many do you keep running and set for the right time? That's one thing that drives me crazy at dad's house---my stepmom has many clocks all through the house and they are either stopped or not set to the right time.

Through the years I go through spells when I shop regular at aldi and then I may not go there for years. At times they closed stores that were handy for me to stop at and then eventually opened other ones.

Archived