Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Katy- maybe this link will help you-

http://www.namastecafe.com/computer/cache.htm

I have row 1 of the afghan done, so far. I need to clean ends up before I do the next row. Since I am attaching them as I do the black all around, it will be a little frustrating as it grows, but definitely it is saving me time, attaching them this way.

Its looking good.

When I have cache/cookie issues I call my son-in-law. He can access my computer remotely and fix the problem.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all, me here,a gain, lol this time, i signed in, had to reset password, but only once, used the one they gave me, went in to my profile, and clicked on change password, got that done, and signed in with no prob, maybe I am fixed!!!

Been a long couple of days dealing with this, i tried called ddaughter the computer pro today, she hasn't called me back yet, but when she does,,,,,,,,well, lets just say, i got a lot to ask her, lol  or have her fix, or something, but today, for the time being, we are here, im trying to take deep breaths and keeping fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that it will be ok, i know it will sign me off when i leave the site, there used to be an option to stay signed in, it's not there anymore?? i like to just clickand be here, not a whole bunch of hassle,lol fries me brain you know..ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT BUTTON AND WHERE IT WENT, LOL

Well tonight handydan and I made ham and bean soup, out of the leftover ham, and back in the day, i remember it taking all night FOR MY MOM, to soak beans in the sink, and then all the next day to cook it, well, i was pleasantly surprised to read the bag o beans,and you don't have to soak it long anymore, i was prepared for an  all day thing, anyway, took the directions from the bag, and he followed them to the letter, then simmered it with the ham bone in it, for like 3 1/2 hours, and wala, had that with some buttered buscuts,and wow, filling dinner, lol got enough left over for the rest of the summer probably,lol

Thought i could tempt daughter with some soup if she would come over and check a few things out for me, but oh well, she is probably still at work, and will call me later...

i got a lot of little things done today, fixed a few things with the hot glue gun, rearranged some flower arangements and made them more springy, lol honesly, it was only lst month that i put away the poinsettia arrangement, he he he, so now, the prominenet vase, that is my favorite, friend used to call it the Ming vase, is now back, and fresh fake spring reigns in my living room once again. goodbye winter, see ya next year!

and i have this bird cage thing, i keep fake birdies in it, and greenery, so re did that, and hoping mazie can't reach in and pull the birdies with the long feathers on it out of the cage, lol and tote them off to parts unknown for his very own.. He is a good little cat though, seldom ever does anything wong, likes his brushing, and his treats, (we have come to call them trts, i think he has learned how to spell treats, lol)  and a place in the sun, his front bird watching window, his toy mouty, which used to white, now is grey, has several new ones, but prefers that old grey mouty, lol plays fetch forever with it.......(play mousy)

good boy that one.

wat else, fingished that one afghan i was working on, i must remeber to take a pic of that one, and the one before it, lol, ill try to do that tomorrow..

im keeping a log now, of what where and when i am on the computer, the ville is the first place i go, unless i am selling something on ebay, lol then i might check there perhaps, and the time, and the dang password, there for a while, i had requested so many new ones, i am not certain that didn't cause the problem and automatically blocked me out,don't know for sure, makes sense though.

yes i did them, dump the cache, and the temp files, and stuff, i did that all the first time I had trouble, just didnt' know if what i did, is what the admin said as i am not really too tecky with this language, cache,and such, lol threw me for a loop....

oh my, good to be back, for a while anyway, hopefully, when i close out, and come back, i WILL be able to sign in with the new password, again, lol keeping my fingers crossed anyway, that the prob is fixed for good....

Well we have annual clean up day in the neighborhood next week, so gone will be the tv that went out, and the water heater we replaced, and oh, numerous other things you can't get rid of just through the trash pick up, so again, going through,  seeing that if i have anything, to write it on my list, and handydan will take it down to where they leave the dumpsters, and get rid of it for us...

bout it for now, if i come back and do another post, you can assume, things are working normally again ok, thanks all, for your help,,have a great evening!!!!!! :ghug

katy thats the bad thing about clearing cache and cookies you have to log back in to all the sites you visit and it takes longer for them to load. I am guessing that if the stay logged on box isnt showing up when you log in the page isnt loading right and thats one reason why they have you clear cache. Ham, beans, and cornbread----one of my favorite meals. The beans cook a little faster if you soak them. Sometimes I do but not usually. I am working on another afghan for Project Linus trying to get my aunts yarn worked up. Sun I bought some strawberries at Aldi so today I baked an angel food cake.

Quick check in. I am finally able to log in on the regular computer again. I have no idea why its fixed but it is, hopefully it continues working.

I worked on hubby afghan and finished an order I got last week, but not done a lot other than that. Little Tribble's birthday is next month and I wanted to have three or four things completed for him, haven't started any of it. :(

It's been a long day and going to be a longer night I think. I haven't felt the best today hopefully better tomorrow. The house has had a bout of the stomach bug I believe.

Little Tribble had a grand time at Monster Trucks on Saturday. Didn't take many pictures. The line to get in was enormous and it was COLD. We got there early so Little Tribble could pick out a shirt. By the time we got inside the show had started so we had to go during intermission. He loved it, was his first monster truck show. I thought the noise might be an issue with him, nope he liked it.

That's all for now, I hope everyone has an awesome day. It's way early in the morning or late depending on how you look at it...

hi all, guess what, good news, Snowbear is back online already!!!!! I am so happy for her, her niece put in a new hard drive for her, and that is all she had to pay for, the niece did the rest, im thrilled, that was fast, these kids now a days, know their stuff, lol I am having my duagher this weekend install chrome, and probably disinstall ie altogether, i have two on my computer, 32 bt, and 64 bt, and apparently don't need them both i don't know nuttin about it, but she will take care of it for me....

other than that, a big WELCOME back to our Snowbear, you were missed, and so glad the problem was a relatively in expensive one, and a quick time offline as well.........

having some chicken for supper tonight, handydan will make battered chicken fingers, i love his chicken, lol andit is sooo good, iam not feeling 200 per cent today, first of all, the flowering trees in the y ard, are blooming, little whit blosoms all over, blowing, and pollen-ing. so sinus's are on alert, and im suffering from it, lol.. i just took some alergy stuff, so hopefully that will go away sometime later on today, when the wind stops breezing by i guess...

I hope il ike chrome do you all have chrome, or what do you all hav!! just wondering!

that stte from crochetfan and bgs, both of them contained good info, i bookmarked them both, for future reference....

am pretty much operating noramally now, no major probs, so hate to fix whats not broke, lol, but daughterknowsbest,i guess, or so she tells me...so much frustration  with this the last few days, maybe problem left, packed its bags,and headed for parts unknown!!

well,other than that, thanks for letting us all know you are back arlene, good going, thank your niece for all of us here!!

Hey woke up this am, and treaded out to the living room, and said hey, am i in the right house?? Amazing what a few little cosmetic changes made to the room much fresher, and lighter, and springish, lol so then i stared on sittin in the craft room, wondering what I can work on, nothing comes to mind, lol Ill take a day break, and start working on something maybe tomorrow, or tonight....

all for now, see ya soon!!

katy I use chrome on my phone and am happy with it. I started using chrome on my laptop when I was on my sister's broadband as I started having problems with IE (I could get to a website but wouldn't let me move on thru the site without copying and pasting ---it started after one of their wonderful updates.)

great.I hope I like it too, lol, i have only ever had ie, tried firefox, not happy, too bland, i guess, sowe'll see if daughter can't figure it out, (i know she will though,) then ill just have to save up for a new computer, lol.. won't get a lap top though, or a tablet, wifii is just too dang much. A desk top is what i would get, i don't spend too much time on it, so that will b fine, and i don't need it portable for goodness sakes, lol thanks for letting me know Bgs. :yay

I didn't see a post from snowbear. Did I miss it?

Glad you got your computer fixed. I know what it's like to be with out one and it stinks.

So happy for you to get yours fixed quite fast.

Just been cleaning , cleaning and cleaning some more. I got a little behind but think I have it almost done now. Until I add more to the list.

That's great Snowbear has a working computer and I'm glad yours is back to normal again, Katy.:)

Thanks, Katy, for the card and beautiful squares. They came in the mail today. My goal is to do approx. 3 rows a week for a total of 12 rows when done. It is going to be tough, fitting this in, but I would like to get it done by June. It will start to get too hot to work on an afghan, and the outside work will be beckoning me.

so glad they will work for you, would love to see when  you get it tone!

here is  pic of the two most recemnt bby ghans for my charity donation pile........here is the pile, i think this is all of them,...post-40621-0-41579900-1460586564_thumb.jpg

i couldnt get my pics posted on the corrct form, so it was either here, or no where, sorry, lol

post-40621-0-51189200-1460586777_thumb.jpg

Katy I just use chrome to get to where I want to go and didnt set up a google account (at least I dont remember it)so I dont get all the bells and whistles if there are any) I keep thinking I will someday. Chrome came on my phone. It downloaded to the laptop when we put Avast antivirus on it which was good as we wanted it on there as IE wasnt working right. We only use it on the laptop when we take it to my sisters as we use the aol software at home. Nice afghans. You do such a great job combining colors.

Katie and Shawn , Thank you both so very much for the lovely squares and cards :hug . I received them the other day but kept forgetting to post. They will fit in beautifully. :) thank you :)

hi all, guess what, good news, Snowbear is back online already!!!!! I am so happy for her, her niece put in a new hard drive for her, and that is all she had to pay for, the niece did the rest, im thrilled, that was fast, these kids now a days, know their stuff, lol I am having my duagher this weekend install chrome, and probably disinstall ie altogether, i have two on my computer, 32 bt, and 64 bt, and apparently don't need them both i don't know nuttin about it, but she will take care of it for me....

other than that, a big WELCOME back to our Snowbear, you were missed, and so glad the problem was a relatively in expensive one, and a quick time offline as well.........

having some chicken for supper tonight, handydan will make battered chicken fingers, i love his chicken, lol andit is sooo good, iam not feeling 200 per cent today, first of all, the flowering trees in the y ard, are blooming, little whit blosoms all over, blowing, and pollen-ing. so sinus's are on alert, and im suffering from it, lol.. i just took some alergy stuff, so hopefully that will go away sometime later on today, when the wind stops breezing by i guess...

I hope il ike chrome do you all have chrome, or what do you all hav!! just wondering!

that stte from crochetfan and bgs, both of them contained good info, i bookmarked them both, for future reference....

am pretty much operating noramally now, no major probs, so hate to fix whats not broke, lol, but daughterknowsbest,i guess, or so she tells me...so much frustration  with this the last few days, maybe problem left, packed its bags,and headed for parts unknown!!

well,other than that, thanks for letting us all know you are back arlene, good going, thank your niece for all of us here!!

Hey woke up this am, and treaded out to the living room, and said hey, am i in the right house?? Amazing what a few little cosmetic changes made to the room much fresher, and lighter, and springish, lol so then i stared on sittin in the craft room, wondering what I can work on, nothing comes to mind, lol Ill take a day break, and start working on something maybe tomorrow, or tonight....

all for now, see ya soon!!

Glad to hear she could get back so quick!

so glad they will work for you, would love to see when  you get it tone!

here is  pic of the two most recemnt bby ghans for my charity donation pile........here is the pile, i think this is all of them,...attachicon.gif001.JPG

i couldnt get my pics posted on the corrct form, so it was either here, or no where, sorry, lol

Beautiful charity ghans!

Jadeybug is 2 months old now ! And weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces. And I go back to work tonight. It will be her Daddy's first night alone with her. Wish him luck :)

Goodness, time flies. I didn't realize she was this old already. She's such a cutey. Good luck, daddy.

The people we hired to work on Little Tribbles room and our deck came and started working yesterday. Which is in the middle of my three 12 hour shifts in a row, and since I work nights, I woke up a few times hearing the dogs barking at them and hearing the hammer and saw. When  I am excited for Little Tribbles room to be done as he has some major leaks in his ceiling every time it rains. We had to have it built  while I was pregnant - it used to be a front porch. The "friends" that talked us into letting them "help us out", charged us an arm and a leg for building the room, didn't replace the roof, said it would be fine and didn't put correct covering on the outside of the walls. Now less than 6 years later we are having to pay to have it completely redone. The people doing it now do great work, we've had them do other work around the house. I will be so relieved when his room looks better. I am planning on posing before and after pictures, so hopefully I remember that!

Not much other news. Still been cold outside, but is supposed to warm up some this weekend and I don't have to work, so that is exciting. Got a lot on my bullet journal for Friday after I take a nap.  I get off work Friday morning at 730 am, so I will sleep from 11ish to 3:15 or so and pick Little Tribble up from school then get started on the house. Going to try and clear out Little Tribble's room also, so that will be done by the time they begin on the roof on Monday Morning.

Alright all, have a grand night  I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi all,

I received an e-mail from katy and she is having problems again getting on the board.

If anyone is having any problems or questions she said just pm her like usual but add your e-mail so she can e-mail you back cause she will not be able to pm you. So if you need her to get back with please give her your e-mail address.

I think we all should have a list of e-mail addresses so we can contact each other when something like this happens.

So with Katy being gone and you want to be on the list for e-mails please send me your e-mail address and I will put them all on one pm and send out. Only if you want to. Thanks everyone.

Hey everyone, got my PC fixed. It works good. Had to get a hard drive. My niece put it in for me. And now it is running good. And it feels good to be back. Now to catch up on things here on crochetville. I will slowly. It just feels good to chat with you all. Tell you all how much I missed you. You all are my friends. I care about each and everyone of you all. Thanks for being my friends. Love Arlene :hug

oh boy, you are in reno hec huh tribble, lol, i hate that, make sure you get some sleep though, and snowbear,w hat a sweet little message up there, oh,  an update....

I called my internet provider today, and he ran some tests, didn't really find anything, and is waiting for daughter to come ove on sat, so she can use My wifi with her tablet or phone, and see if that all is working. He really seemed to think the site was either blocking me, or restricting traffic to th ville page, it was the only site that would not load, eveything else was working fine.......so on Sat,still gettng the update to either windows7, or 10, from daughter so that I can download Chrome, (it wouldnt go on my vista operating sysetm, so need the up\dat to do that.. so that is where we are,snd get rid of ie for good, the teck guy said, microsoft is soon getting rid of internet explorer, and changing it up with a new browser, and it won't even be called Ie anymore....so  if we still or continue to have problems, we are to call back on sat, and then he will try some other things, like ip addresses, domain servers, al sorts of stuff. Still don't know if it was the ville blocking just me, or what, as i have not heard back from the many emails i sent the admins... Suffice to say, was totally stressed out, about it all, but daughter assured me either way it goes, they will get it fixed,, once we find out what "it" was, lol

goodidea fro everyone to have email addresses though, i like that idea, sandra!!

cute jade pic,s, lol good luck dad.......I hope tobe backlater,imjust gonna put my computer to sleep,not turning it off, like i normally do, lol, dont wanna take any chances , i wanna come on back in tonight......

thanksfor your patience everyone, we're working on it and hoping it's back to normal!!

Hello all ,I hope everyone had a great day. I slept for a bit and then got ready for little Tribble's baseball practice. He did pretty good, pretty funny watching 5 year olds hit the ball and run to bases. We were going to play soccer also, but practice days were on the same day as baseball practice, so he will play soccer in the fall.

Didn't get anything else done today cause had to come back into work tonight then I am off the weekend. Gonna clean house and try and work on a bit of crochet.

Have a good evening all, talk to you all soon.

hey all, it is the spam filters on crochetville ,blocking me, i knew it, anyway, amy is going to get ahold of them, with the info about my computer i provided, and hopefull this whole night mare will be over soon,   i am going ahead with the upgrade to 10, on sat, and he said it can't hurt, and I am then downloading chrome as my browser, and will be done with ie9 as there are not upgrades or updates for that version, and won't be anymore, so just going to chrome for my browser, if it loads for her,that is.I have heard all good thing about chrome.

i was so happy to hear from amy, (thank you )and now there is hope again.....if there were flower icons,i would fill the page up with them, lol she asked what i was doing when my screen froze,and i think i was clicking on someones name in the member thing,to see if they were still active,  or somthing, the box flickered, never came up,and then froze....i shut down, and that is when i could NOt get on again!!I i willhave todo all my paswords again,when daughter gets everything straightend out,gosh, she is so good to her mama, lol. she was on her way home, on her cell with me, when i tried it and got to the home page, and we both screamed yay!! lol .. I have nmbers and letters,and passwords floating all over the back of my brain, last night, i dreamed about them, lol or  shoud i say nightmared about the,numbers and letters all marching in a row, blocking me from moving, almost from breathing, and i had to piddle too lol when i awoke, i got to do that at least and stayed up till 230......no more numbers when i finally got back to sleep..thank goodness. well folks, that is all i got for now, im exhausted, my quest for a solution stared early today,wore me out fore i did much else, lol so I am tired, and going to try to go to watch a little tv, and hopfully, get a bett nights sleep!!

So hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel, this worrying and fretting eveytime i try to get on the ville, weather it will come up again, should I lput it in sleep mode, dare i turn it off,will it let me sign in,,,,,,always so stressful...i don't like being thought of as a threat to anyones filters, im really quite q nice personNight now :)   nissed you all!

Good morning to everyone! I am enjoying my much needed coffee before the busy day begins.

Jade is so precious.

Tribble- It sounds like it's been hectic. Baseball and Soccer are safer than Football. I'm glad little Tribble is enjoying Baseball.

Katy- I'm glad it's fixed. I will keep fingers crossed for you if you update to Windows 10, you first need Windows 7. I am planning to cancel my update when my date comes. Mine came with Vista and it was immediately updated to Windows 7. Even though it appears my laptop is compatible, I do not want a blue screen. It seems that if a person has Windows 8 then the Windows 10 update goes through beautifully. It is hit or miss with ones that have Windows 7 that update to 10.

Hello and Happy Friday!  :dance

I'll have catch up on posts but I wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. My granddaughter was born on Tuesday and I've been a little busy. Baby and Mommy are doing great and should be going home today. I'll have to post a picture later since I don't have them on the computer yet. I hope everyone has a great day!

Archived