Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

well may is almost here, and my april puffys are in the car, lol, a step closer to getting out, im thinking on the first, as I have an appt on that day, and will have to limp out to the car, so might as well do it then... Forgive me for being so late this month ladies, Ill try harder, I promise, lol

another nice day, very mild. breezy as all get out though, course that is typical nebraska, lol. Chicago got nothing on us with the wind, trust me!!!

waiting for sheets to dry, if I use the same ones, only clean, then i won't have to fold them tonight, lol did i hear SHORT CUT coming from the gallery!!!

all for now ladies, hope you all have a great evening!!!!! i plan to take it easy tonight, and be lazy!! good plan huh!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Ello all and Happy Wednesday! Just a quick check in before I play with my yarn...and I have a pic of my blankie! We have storms coming in right now, with possible hail. I'm just so excited abut it...NOT! So we covered the herbs with plastic pots and called it a day (I am not worrying about the onions :lol they're hardy little buggers).

Well, I hope everyone is well :hug s! I'm off to the Magical World of Yarn!

post-41261-0-96136200-1459364678_thumb.jpeg my blankie in the making!

oh what a neat blankie Katie,love it!!! hi tribble, and all, hope storms stay out of our forecast, so a nie albeit cloudy day, but not complaining at all, long as it it isn't snowing, or raining!!

just finished handwritting a note to snowbear, telling her i told you all of her keeping in touch through snail mail, so hopefully some of us will take a tiny bit of time, to wish her well, in getting that puter fixed, cause wher'es there's a will, there will be a way, but until now, we can help her by sending notes, or letters whlst she is offline, keeing her in the loop, and so on and so forth....

such a small thing to do, but will certainly make a diff to her, im sure, and raise her spirits..Im out of ink on the printer, so that is why i just hand wrote it, too much trouble right now to put one in, lol and not sure even if I have a spare, soooo, lol

Ill chck in late with you all, take care!

Hello Everyone.

Katiebug, that is a very pretty blanket.

Katie, I'm sorry to hear that Snowbear's computer is not working.

Today was a little crazy, I had meetings with parents from 7:45 to 9:30. Then the bosses were in my classroom to do my formal observation for my annual evaluation, but they didn't have enough time to finish because we had to go to lunch so they will be back tomorrow. Then it was back to parent meeting from 12:00 to 1:30. I am very tired and don't plan to do much tonight.

also i posted sandra's midnight blanket colors and size on the first post under may for your convienience! i think it was all red heart super saver colors, and one row black if you can work with black for the trim.. lerts get this done girls, it's been a long time in the making, and she has already finished the first one, show it to us sandra, lol to remind everyone how nice they turn out , she's on the second and last one now, as i understand, right sandra, what a huge endeavor, but this close to getting the last one done!!! Ill help again, but can't tell you what colors i might have now, i have used up lots of RHSS lately, ha ha ha...... thanks for the  update, and we'll do what we can in may, for your bday, or anytime else , but for me, may, lol.......take care now all.....thanks for your effort on this and all our members projects!!'

iTS ALMOST May again, and we will be going into our 6th year, (may 11, 2012 is the date i started to re-host this thread, in order for it Not to end. it is  time to reflect,

don't know how many exactly ghans have been completed since I rehosted this thread, May of 2012, thread, or how many gifts, and donations we all have contributed to,  anyway, but more than I can probably count with all my fingers, and toes, to be sure!!
as  good as that is in itself, how many of us in this time  thave grown, and made new friends, and completed projects for us and others, and just in general gotten to know one another on a higher level.?

I know i have learned much from you all, and well, all the ville, i guess i can say that about, and wanted to add a note and a nod to the admins as well, for keeping this alive and moving!!

We have crocheted through losses in families, both people and pets, long moves,cross the street moves, surgeries serious and minor, babies, and , births, first days of school, marriages, divorces, separations,crochet sllumps and  all lhe possible trials and triblulations,life is made of,  and so much more, and we have supported,each other,  and really helped in many ways through it all,   our hooks at our side..........

I commend you all, for hanging in, even through thick and thin, through good times and bad, and being there for each other in times of stress, or need, or hurt .....It is truly such  a pleasure and a privillage to check in and see what everyone is up to!!I dont have any info on those that have been here since the start, but if you know the date or year you joined, id love to add that to the stats, thanks....

True, people come and people go, we worry, we fret, some times we hear that they are ok, sometimes, as in fewer incidences, we hear they are not, and at those times, our hearts continue to wish them better times to come as we understand life sometimes does not take  the same view or path, as we would chose it to have. .Your strength and courage in not so good times , always bolsters my strength as well.

THe talent and generosity in this thread, always overwhelms my heart and  amazes me, such kind and giving people, always up to and accepting of any challenges put forward.  out there, in the real world, but  we stay strong  and courageous in these not  so good times, and  I am pleased  as punch to know you all, and to  get to chat a bit everyday with you all......my thanks, my appreciation, my love, goes out to you all. Its been a pleasure ladies, thank you. Happy 5tth anniversary, to each and everyone!! my continued respect, and thanks to you all and bring on year six !!, we're ready for it!! . :clap  :ty  :manyheart

Hi everyone!:)

Sharbysyd- What a pretty square!

Katy- love your afghan from 2011.:)

I have been so tired from Easter and am finally starting to feel more energetic.

That's too bad about Snowbear but maybe she'll get a replacement computer at some point and come back.

I hope everyone is doing good.

thanks theresa, i was going to keep track every month of what i completed, humm, wonder where i went wrong, lol

quiet night, little rain and thunder, but nothing to speak badly of, i don't mind showers or two,but those terrific down pours,you can just stuff in a sock if you ask me, lol

i guess now we're alsmot on our fifth year, so correct that six thinkg up there,happy fifth,right!! i

daughter is back from vegas,and stressing up all her piled up work,lol seems bossy didn't anticipate nor know how much she did when she was at work,and didn't plan for this very well, lol oh well,she will do her best, gave her a few ideas that i learned on my jobs to organize,and deligate to others, so hope they work out well for her, shethought, oh,why didnt' i think of that, lol good ideas mom!! so, i earned some more mom points tonight, plus she made me laugh, i mean all our laugh out loud,so was worth it!! she and handyman are about the only two tht can make me laught that much, almost so much you can't breath or talk even, lol

I forget what it was about already, somethiings she did when she was y oungerlike make fake infomercials on thecam- corder,, and the games we played!! in otder to fall asleep, we would play word games and such, and spelling and start next word with the word starting with the last letter, of the word i gave y ou, and some doozies we came up with, lol most times we would both fall asleep before we knew who the winner was, lol

our souls are old, and have been together a very long time, we are always on the same page, lol

Im glad we laughed, maybe took a bit of stress away from her with that, but tomorrow is her last day, before 4 days off, they are leaving for Kansas city sat,for some concert and to visit his parents who moved there so i told her you can do one more day and then you off, and on your way!!!

i though that it was March that comes in like a lion and out like a lamb?? where's that lamb,jumping over fences again in someone' s dreams??? ot maybe with easter, and st pats day in the same month, something with the seasons got all jimmied up,h uh,and the lamb forgot which one she was supposed to attend, yeah, most likely.. march or april where easter usually is found, lol

well,im puncy,tired, and sleepy both, always a good time to put the old puter to bed, and let her count her z's too, so she will be ersted and happy tomorrow!       have a good one all, till tomorrow,and beyond!!

Katy such a nice summary about our little group. Turtlelvr started the friendshipghan thread April 3 2010. I joined in April 6 and pineknott on April 7 so we have been here from the very beginning. Gosh we have seen so many come and go and as you said have gone through many life events with each other. I am so thankful that you stepped in when Turtlelvr left. Oh I noticed you changed your picture back to one of my favorites. That is such a good picture of your angel.

It was cloudy today so that saved us from stormy weather but I see there have been tornadoes in OK. Hope sopo is doing alright.

Hello everyone.

Not much going on here.

Katie, I think I joined the group a few months before you took over hosting it.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

hi all, well, that is something, i think i joined in july 2011, glad to hear we have some "veterans"on board,lol

ys, went back to my doggies pic, as may this year will be one year she has bee gone,so this is my tribute to her..Iwill only run the pic for my icon for the month of may, then i wil find something else to put up, thanks for noticing!

i think i joined tlovers thread in 2011,july  maybe i really don't remember thoughi was very new at the forum, and it took me a while to well,join anything, lol Im well seated now, and comfortable here now, so for the next year and beyond  at least so we will carry on!!

Katy the old thread is still there. That is where I got the specific dates. You can probably pull it up in a search. I just kept going back through the CAL's until I found it. Can't remember how many pages back I had to go but it didn't seem like that many.

Good morning!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter! We had an enjoyable weekend! A full day of festivities Saturday and then we got up and went to Easter Sunrise Service at 6:00. DH and DD came home for a nap in between services but I stayed to help with clean-up because we had breakfast after. Then a special Easter service at regular time. Afterwards we went to DH's mother's for lunch and then home.. I tried to get a nap but the kiddos came over to hide eggs, which we wound up they hid all over the house because of the rain. Everyone finally went home about 8:00 last night. Which means I have a lot of clean up today! LOL! I also have the oldest GS today ( in Kindergarten).. They didn't have school today because of teacher's meetings. But he's not a bit of trouble when he is by himself, so I plan on working on a square or two this evening and finish a jewelry set for my DIL's birthday....

I saw briefly when I woke this morning about the spring storms causing tornado damage in many parts.. I do hope everyone here is okay!

TRIBBLE79-- your pups are so cute!! Your caption is so fitting for the photo!

NIKKI--- I totally blew WW yesterday!! TOTALLY blew it!! So got to do LOTS better today!! and Yes! don't forget that Moogly afghan!! I've been wondering did you get it finished and I missed it! You know how much I loved your squares on it!   and the Sophie!!   You seem to love  all the things I wish to do!! LOL!!

CAROL -- it sounds like you had a really nice Easter with the family and I hope you have a good day at work today!!

KATYALLEN and KATIEBUG-- a happy Monday to ya'll!! and to everyone else too!!

I totally blew it too! Like I said before, I'm not doing points just using the recipes, but I just barely stayed in my calorie limit for the day. BARELY. I usually try to stay a little bit under. I even had a teeny tiny little piece of key lime cheesecake. I shouldn't have had that, but I'm proud of myself for only having a tiny piece. So then we went to the gym and I've been working my butt off all week to make up for it! I've got one and a half more rows of blows to join on the Moogly ghan so hopefully that will be done tomorrow. Whew! Sophie is going to be a while yet! Lol 

hi all,, note to everyone,.....................................................................................................................................

.................................... i just got a letter today from snowbear, yes, a real live written letter, telling me of her computer being broke, and no means to fix it right now, such a shame, she couldn't say when she might be online again, if ever, and i was sorry to hear that. I was impressed though too, that she chose to let us know, no matter what way, and I think we all appreciate her consideration in letting us know right away we  always worry so when people just dissapear,here one day, gone the next, and I never know what happened to them, or why they left without letting us know,it's just simply a more polite and considerate way to handle things. so thank you for that Arlene, and we will do what we can to keep in touch. Heads up, chest out, shoulders back, things will get better soon, im sure!

She did also express her desire to keep in touch with us all, and ask that i pass the word on, and to thank everyone for the squares they sent. She would love it if some of us who can, would snail mail her a little note, or something, to keep in touch now and then, and asked that her address be passed to whomever of us here on the thread that needs it for said purpose.just let me know if you need it, and Ill message her addy right out to you, ok..

..Well, Ill sure miss her, but this doesnt' mean we should lose touch with her, and her square needs, as I think she needs a mind boost,and what better way, than to recieve a card or note from us, right, telling her of all the news....Arlene, don't give up,we're out here, thinking of you still,and someday, you will be able to get that puter up and running, we'll all still be here when you do!!

Thank you for letting us know about Arlene! I've got a puffy ready to go out for her (since I'm so behind and playing catch up), so I'm going to open it up and do more of a note since we know what's going on. Hopefully she'll get her computer problems sorted soon!

also i posted sandra's midnight blanket colors and size on the first post under may for your convienience! i think it was all red heart super saver colors, and one row black if you can work with black for the trim.. lerts get this done girls, it's been a long time in the making, and she has already finished the first one, show it to us sandra, lol to remind everyone how nice they turn out , she's on the second and last one now, as i understand, right sandra, what a huge endeavor, but this close to getting the last one done!!! Ill help again, but can't tell you what colors i might have now, i have used up lots of RHSS lately, ha ha ha...... thanks for the  update, and we'll do what we can in may, for your bday, or anytime else , but for me, may, lol.......take care now all.....thanks for your effort on this and all our members projects!!'

iTS ALMOST May again, and we will be going into our 6th year, (may 11, 2012 is the date i started to re-host this thread, in order for it Not to end. it is  time to reflect,

don't know how many exactly ghans have been completed since I rehosted this thread, May of 2012, thread, or how many gifts, and donations we all have contributed to,  anyway, but more than I can probably count with all my fingers, and toes, to be sure!!

as  good as that is in itself, how many of us in this time  thave grown, and made new friends, and completed projects for us and others, and just in general gotten to know one another on a higher level.?

I know i have learned much from you all, and well, all the ville, i guess i can say that about, and wanted to add a note and a nod to the admins as well, for keeping this alive and moving!!

We have crocheted through losses in families, both people and pets, long moves,cross the street moves, surgeries serious and minor, babies, and , births, first days of school, marriages, divorces, separations,crochet sllumps and  all lhe possible trials and triblulations,life is made of,  and so much more, and we have supported,each other,  and really helped in many ways through it all,   our hooks at our side..........

I commend you all, for hanging in, even through thick and thin, through good times and bad, and being there for each other in times of stress, or need, or hurt .....It is truly such  a pleasure and a privillage to check in and see what everyone is up to!!I dont have any info on those that have been here since the start, but if you know the date or year you joined, id love to add that to the stats, thanks....

True, people come and people go, we worry, we fret, some times we hear that they are ok, sometimes, as in fewer incidences, we hear they are not, and at those times, our hearts continue to wish them better times to come as we understand life sometimes does not take  the same view or path, as we would chose it to have. .Your strength and courage in not so good times , always bolsters my strength as well.

THe talent and generosity in this thread, always overwhelms my heart and  amazes me, such kind and giving people, always up to and accepting of any challenges put forward.  out there, in the real world, but  we stay strong  and courageous in these not  so good times, and  I am pleased  as punch to know you all, and to  get to chat a bit everyday with you all......my thanks, my appreciation, my love, goes out to you all. Its been a pleasure ladies, thank you. Happy 5tth anniversary, to each and everyone!! my continued respect, and thanks to you all and bring on year six !!, we're ready for it!! .    

I've only finished the one ghan, but it's such a monster that I really could have turned it into 2. Plus the donation baby blankets and chemo hats I did last year during the charity month. I've been so happy to have this group during everything... divorce, marriage, horrible jobs, Peanut... You all have been a real blessing!  :manyheart  I'm not sure how to go back and see when I first joined the group, but I know it was when turtlelover was doing it and I remember you taking it over. I've disappeared some when life got busy, but always managed to find my way back!

Tonight I'm trying to finish a row of blocks on Moogly. This joining method I'm using is beautiful but very time consuming! Tomorrow I'm going to visit Sister and Peanut. Sister says he's been asking for me, looking out the window (he climbs the end table to see out. Pretty sure he's part monkey) and every car that goes by he says "Tee Tee?" Bless his little heart. So tomorrow he'll finally be right! Lol Saturday I'm hoping to meet my out of town friend for lunch and retail therapy, but we'll see what happens. We always plan and then something comes up and she can't meet. Her life is a little more complicated with a fiancee and his children, so I get it. 

Okay, off to get a couple blocks on Moogly. I'll be back this weekend though!  :)

Happy Friday!  :dance

Brenda, those are very pretty afghans.

It's been a bit of a crazy week and today started with evacuating our school at about 7:40 am while everyone was arriving at school. Apparently an air conditioning hose was the cause of the melting plastic smell in part of the school. We were outside for about 30 minutes while the fire department checked everything. I went to Starbucks with a friend after school to just sit and talk and enjoy a frappucino. Now I'm home and ready to relax some more. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

brenda and sandra  what pretty ghans, love the rainbow brights, and what pretty baby ghans brenda, love them both, but if i had to choose one over the other, i would probablyp ick the pathchwork one, they are both so lovely, and look very snuggly and warmie..

I finished ond today too, a simple rec. shell, love the edges on a shell blankee, they are alway so even and neat looking, i seldom ever feel the need to add an edge, ill try to get a pic tomorrow, ..

what else, oh, March birthday girls, FINALLY got those puffies in the mail, so 3 to five days for Immafreak, yarnmonkey ann, sharon, and hershey,handyman mailed them this am, but they turned back one to him, for a zip code!! Now i think the gal was new, as she said she coulnf't look up the zip code, and bring it back when he found out, any other time in  the many puffys i have mailed, they will always look up an zip for me, must either be a new thing, or a new person... then she also, with the same batch going out, found a return addy, i had written in, and then put on the flip side too, in a small area, my return addy, with a FROM: then my addy, she didn't l ike that either, oh, these complaints were on the same one, Hersheys, so in order to avoid anymore things, he just brought it back, and will go out and mail it first thing in the am, so the puffy looks terrible, but that is why, lol and my pen leaked on your name, so i covered that up too, with white plain labels, so there!! I hope he doesn't get the same crabby girl tomorrow, lol, never wouldve gotton away with that, had i just done it, but suffice to say,itwill be a tad behind the others, lol.. 

so thanks to all that sent me squares, love them all, and sometimes, when i turn the light off  in the craft room, i hear them all chattering to each other, and I have to tell them, go to sleep now, shhhh....lol

April b day girls, are #1crochet fan [and  cindysweetthings,ithink that is all, only two, waaa!! Maybe ill be able to get those out in a more timely fashion!!

Hi all and happy Saturday evening! And a belated Happy April Fool's Day too! Had a log last couple days. Yesterday was Babybug's 3rd birthday, today we had the party, and between the two days, I'm about done...But she had fun and got to hang out with her cousins and play, eat cake, unwrap prezzies, blow bubbles, and whatnot. So the exhaustion is definitely worth it! She had a Minnie Mouse cake that my mom made for her, and it was awesome! So tasty and delicious! :lol I'm waiting for the pictures to come through and then ill post them as well!

I hope everyone is well and having a great weekend! :hug s for everyone!

Hi all and happy Saturday evening! And a belated Happy April Fool's Day too! Had a log last couple days. Yesterday was Babybug's 3rd birthday, today we had the party, and between the two days, I'm about done...But she had fun and got to hang out with her cousins and play, eat cake, unwrap prezzies, blow bubbles, and whatnot. So the exhaustion is definitely worth it! She had a Minnie Mouse cake that my mom made for her, and it was awesome! So tasty and delicious! :lol I'm waiting for the pictures to come through and then ill post them as well!

I hope everyone is well and having a great weekend! :hug s for everyone!

aee happy third baby bug!!!

lasat march puffy should be on its way, he had no trouble this time at th po, lol

now comes ths month, so ILL start on those and strive to get them out this first part of APril, whilst Im thinking about it.. lol

that's really about it, did the norm week end stuff, groceries, and such, and then home, and had lunch, and more stuff, lol, same old same old, different day,you know, hope all you are well, and having a grand weekend, il see you tomorrow!!

Archived