Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH poor Jade and Mommy!!!  I hope you aren't at the hospital too much longer.

oh, surprize in the mail yesterda, thank you shawn for the bluest blue 8 inch square, it's very pretty, you do really nice work, pic tomorrow, no light here already this eveing, but it is most appreciated, and the card too, thank you so much again!

so glad little Jade seems to be improving, and maybe getting closer to going home with mama soon!!

Carol, quite a busy time for you all, so sorry to hear of a funeral, my condolences to all......

every one else, hello, and hope you are all doing fine and enjoying  your weekend thus far!!

good answers too up there, bgs, i knew you were a diet coke fan, lol me too, and im not sure if i could give it up either, lol i too,would try though!!

Well, time for one more If...

If you could go back or forward in time, just once,woud you?? and would you chose to go back,  or forrward in time??

Ill have to think on this one, lol

Hmmm. I'd have to say B "clone". I don't need to be invisible, as I have "awesome ninja skills" lol, and and I've flown before and prefer to stay on the ground , so flying isn't an option.

I think a clone is a very good idea for you! I'm glad Baby Jade seems to be feeling better and I hope it continues.  :hug

yarn_monkey hope Peanut is having a great time at his party. Can't wait to hear or see his reaction to his minion afghan. Do you use pumpkin pie spices in the fudge? There is one of those I am not fond of. When I make pumpkin pie I use a lot more of the cinnamon than my recipe calls for and the regular amounts of the others.

ImmaFreek I know RSV is pretty common in preemies. I hope she recovers quickly and goes home soon. Oh I can just imagine how nice it would be for you to have a clone right now-----between Jade in hospital and other kids at home

Cshort sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

Well after the warm almost hot days this week today is rough. With the wind you would think it was 10 below instead of lower 40's. We are supposed to have a hard freeze tonight and tomorrow night---so many things are blooming.

By the time he opened his afghan, he was pretty much over the presents and having to sit still and open them. He just wanted to play with his balloons and eat cheese puffs. Sister said he's really enjoying it today though and had to have it with him to watch his "ninion" movie. There was pumpkin pie spice in the fudge, just the pre-mixed sort, and a half a cup of canned pumpkin. I think it wasn't enough pumpkin flavor and the white chocolate was overpowering to me.  

i never heard of pumpkin fudge, lol, i don'e care for fudge, cept for Mrs. H, she makes us a plate every cristmas, and there is no topping it anywhere, she made peanut butter fudge once, and we prefered her normal reg fudge to it, for sure....she is an old neighbor from a previous neighborhood, but we still keep in touch...

i cant get warm tonight,it's chilly, and windy and it snowed a bit on and off most of the day, we got, probably a dusting, as this aft, the sun  came out, and it was forty at least, so it melted mostly on the way down, no accumulation!!

ok, IF....

If you had to give up one of your favorite foods for life, for money, how much would you ask for, and what would it be???

I love fudge! Peanut butter and chocolate are probably my favorites, but I'll basically love any of it that doesn't have nuts or white chocolate. I don't know what food I'd give up... Since DH and i have started trying to eat healthy and lose weight, I've already given up a lot of my favorites- macaroni and cheese, french fries, cake... I don't plan on it being forever, but it's for a while anyway!

so glad little Jade seems to be improving, and maybe getting closer to going home with mama soon!!

Carol, quite a busy time for you all, so sorry to hear of a funeral, my condolences to all......

every one else, hello, and hope you are all doing fine and enjoying  your weekend thus far!!

good answers too up there, bgs, i knew you were a diet coke fan, lol me too, and im not sure if i could give it up either, lol i too,would try though!!

Well, time for one more If...

If you could go back or forward in time, just once,woud you?? and would you chose to go back,  or forrward in time??

Ill have to think on this one, lol

I'd like to say I'd go back in time, to talk to my mom just one more time, but I don't know if that would actually make things any easier or just make it all harder.  :reyes

Thank you yarnscrapper for my lovely square and card! Just like Katie, not enough light to take a picture, but hopefully I'll remember tomorrow.  :hug

Nothing much to report today. Sister and Peanut came over for a visit and went to lunch with us and then DH and my dad split off to do some birthday present shopping and Sister, Peanut and I made a Target trip. I found a little bit of yarn in their clearance section that I had to get. Otherwise, I think their prices are just too high for the little bit of yarn you get. Peanut got the sweetest little jacket, also on clearance. I'll have to add a picture. He pulled the hood down when we were back in the car, pulled it around to the side of his face and rode all the way back to our house just petting it.  :lol

Tomorrow I'm not sure what all we'll get into, but I know we'll pick up our latest glassblowing class products and then have dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I'll post pictures of my flower and the egg DH made when we get them home.  :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend and I'll check again hopefully tomorrow! 

I don't know how many of you are keeping up with the Crochetville Blog Express tour but today one of the featured designers is Melinda Miller. She has many gorgeous squares on Ravelry. If you go to her blog http://mocrochet.blogspot.com/2016/03/spring-begins.html?m=1 she tells you how to get one of her patterns from Ravelry for free. It was really easy you just had to be a Ravelry member and select the pattern--no filling out checkout info. And who among us can't put another good square pattern to use.

Thanks for sharing! I've used several of her free patterns and they're lovely! I'll definitely take advantage of her deal. 

cshort happy spring break.

yarn_monkey I was afraid Peanut might be too tired by present time. I guess the question is did your uncle like the fudge? I don't think I would like it because first of all I imagine it is similiar in color to peanut butter fudge so that's what I would be expecting even knowing ahead of time that it wasn't. I don't make it because I should not eat the whole batch and I like so much that I would. I don't like chocolate fudge anywhere near as much.

katy I don't much think I would want to go into the future. At times I already feel like I don't quit fit in with all the technology and the way things are now. I wouldn't want to go terribly far in the past as I like electricity running water and tv. I am not very adventurous. I really enjoyed my nephew and niece when they were little so thats the time I would choose to go back to. And by the way have you noticed records are becoming popular again. I was told the sound quality was better. I had been commenting how in my lifetime we started out on plastic discs (records) and we're back to them (cds).

Good morning Ladies!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and starting off a great Easter week!! Today is the first day I have not had to go anywhere in quite awhile so, I will play some catch up, but I am also going to make time this evening for what I want to do! LOL!! I really have some jewelry making (one an order and one a gift) to do but will be fun..

Thank you #1CROCHETFAN for your forgiveness :)  and I am so looking forward when I get a little extra funds to order my yarn to start that afghan!!! I still can't get over your generosity and kindness... THANK YOU!!!

and YARNSCRAPPER I received your puffy in the mail yesterday but because we were gone till late in night and running yesterday, didn't get till this morning!! I love it and looking forward to what I am going to make with my squares!! THANK YOU and for the neat card with the pretty wolves! post-26273-0-37218000-1458576298_thumb.jpg

IMMAFREEK, I hope that baby Jade is SO much better now and that you both are home.. that must have been so scary. My GS had RSV when he was just a few weeks old, but his wasn't severe enough for a hospital stay.. Hoping she continues to get stronger and healthier!!

KATYALLEN, Wow! these questions make you think! I saw the one about foods, and like YARNMONKEY, I am trying to eat healthier too. In fact I started WW March 3, so I am avoiding fave foods alot for right now. I have so many and they are all fattening! Pizza is up at the top and like you, my favorite dinner is a steak dinner! I love good spicy boiled shrimp....hmmm, I would be a millionaire many times over to make me stop eating them for life!! And I think I need sometimes a clone..but the only thing I would let her do is clean my house, do the laundry and cook!! and then I would be the one enjoying my life! :lol I am learning the hard way to just enjoy my life for the present and just like BGS, I sometimes think I am losing my place with the modern tech and all that..still have my old records and love them,,, I am an old soul.. I love old history and genealogy and such, but sometimes I do think it would be nice to go back to certain places in time and really enjoy it knowing the things I do now, and in some instances have a re-do of some mistakes I made.

BGS- thank you for sharing the Crochetville Blog Express Tour info.. I have been following it too. In fact I won the March 9th giveaway by Red Heart!!

http://crochetville.com/natcromo-2016-march-9-daily-giveaway/

I received it the other day and if anyone has any suggestions for the best thing to crochet that only takes 1 skein with the different types of yarn, I need them... I am excited to try them out!! Today has a great designer too that has a free Ravelry download also.. Dedri Uys... her stuff is beatiful!! and I love the Sophie's Universe!!! got to try that one day!

YARNMONKEY, is this the Sophie that you are working on?? How is that going? and btw, glass blowing classes!! Wow!! now that sounds fascinating!!! I have always loved to watch that being done... a miracle in my eyes...

CSHORT, I am so sorry to see all about the passing of a friend, memorial services..but I know you enjoyed time with your family none the less.

TRIBBLE79 and all else I missed, I hope you are well and that everyone has the most greatest day!!

Think I need to get up now or this work is never going to let me make my evening plans! :lol

Happy Easter Week!!!

Hi all. They are discussing letting her go home tonight or tomorrow morning. She is doing a lot better. I can't wait to get home and sit on my own couch and sleep in my own bed. I know my other three will be happy to have us home as well I miss the so very much but I know they are in good hands.

hi all, so much news, good for you carol,time to youself, i love those times!!

Giood news then for baby Jade, maybe,hope it works out and you get to go home!!

abou the  the if  questions, i think if i decided to go back, i would go back and meet my dad, he died when i was very young, and don't have any memories of him, only a few pics, i would like to finally meet him, and spend some time with him.....

however, my initial thought was,i wouldn't, I would be afraid it would change some important things in my life now, , and i think i would jus prefer living in the here and now, for hear and now, lol

If I decided to travel forward in tie it would be maybe far into the future, and maybe learn things that have not been even thought of now.....BU cant decide which, soooooooooooooo... 

oooh, more blown glass pretties, you must pic them for us yarnmonkey, and poor little peanut, long day for him, i bed he'll sleep with the blankie though, lol

wellill give us all a break today, and no new if questions, let everyone catch up a bit, lol

NOthing new here, was a great beautiful SPRING day, and I went to the grocery store early today, and enjoyed the sun, and the breeze.. Got a chicken salad sandwich at the deli,that I ate when i got home, and some chips, was really good, i like chicken salad, only white meat, lol   

well, im tired, ws just about to jump into the shower, and handyman made some popcorn, so had to have some of that first, now, the shower!!  changed out my tablecloth on the dining table, from winter, (a quilt looking one,for winter) to a pretty blue and thie one for spring, then topped off the table with a blue pot of fake flowers, and some greeneyr, looks springy!!

did some wash, polished my counter tops with some counter polish i had,and they look so pretty,and clean and shiney again, lol.  

now Im gonna have to lemon oil the cabinets, but that i sa tomorrow job,a tj,as i am showering now,and lying down to watch tv, lol, havea great day tomorrow, all, see ya then!!

I am busting my tail making Easter Baskets for the boys. Trying to brightening up there day even if it's for a little bit. I finished one puppy and working on the second and then on to a sea turtle. This one I'm not sure how I will tackle it. I'll get the main part done and got from there. There not a loud any toys to play with or games. So not sure what's going in them but candy of course.

cshort happy spring break.

yarn_monkey I was afraid Peanut might be too tired by present time. I guess the question is did your uncle like the fudge? I don't think I would like it because first of all I imagine it is similiar in color to peanut butter fudge so that's what I would be expecting even knowing ahead of time that it wasn't. I don't make it because I should not eat the whole batch and I like so much that I would. I don't like chocolate fudge anywhere near as much.

katy I don't much think I would want to go into the future. At times I already feel like I don't quit fit in with all the technology and the way things are now. I wouldn't want to go terribly far in the past as I like electricity running water and tv. I am not very adventurous. I really enjoyed my nephew and niece when they were little so thats the time I would choose to go back to. And by the way have you noticed records are becoming popular again. I was told the sound quality was better. I had been commenting how in my lifetime we started out on plastic discs (records) and we're back to them (cds).

Peanut knew something was happening before the party, I think he felt the excitement, so he refused to nap and there were so many people there and so many presents that we had to do it in waves. Plus most of our family came from 2.5 hours away, so their presents were done first, so they could leave for home and the afghan was given in the second wave. He was completely over the whole thing by that point! My uncle said he liked the fudge, so that's good, although I know there is just no way it compares to my grandmother's. It's exactly the same color as peanut butter fudge and I that's part of why I don't like it too. I can't get my mind around that color fudge not being peanut butter. 

Good morning Ladies!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and starting off a great Easter week!! Today is the first day I have not had to go anywhere in quite awhile so, I will play some catch up, but I am also going to make time this evening for what I want to do! LOL!! I really have some jewelry making (one an order and one a gift) to do but will be fun..

Thank you #1CROCHETFAN for your forgiveness   and I am so looking forward when I get a little extra funds to order my yarn to start that afghan!!! I still can't get over your generosity and kindness... THANK YOU!!!

and YARNSCRAPPER I received your puffy in the mail yesterday but because we were gone till late in night and running yesterday, didn't get till this morning!! I love it and looking forward to what I am going to make with my squares!! THANK YOU and for the neat card with the pretty wolves! attachicon.gifIMG_0509.JPG

IMMAFREEK, I hope that baby Jade is SO much better now and that you both are home.. that must have been so scary. My GS had RSV when he was just a few weeks old, but his wasn't severe enough for a hospital stay.. Hoping she continues to get stronger and healthier!!

KATYALLEN, Wow! these questions make you think! I saw the one about foods, and like YARNMONKEY, I am trying to eat healthier too. In fact I started WW March 3, so I am avoiding fave foods alot for right now. I have so many and they are all fattening! Pizza is up at the top and like you, my favorite dinner is a steak dinner! I love good spicy boiled shrimp....hmmm, I would be a millionaire many times over to make me stop eating them for life!! And I think I need sometimes a clone..but the only thing I would let her do is clean my house, do the laundry and cook!! and then I would be the one enjoying my life! I am learning the hard way to just enjoy my life for the present and just like BGS, I sometimes think I am losing my place with the modern tech and all that..still have my old records and love them,,, I am an old soul.. I love old history and genealogy and such, but sometimes I do think it would be nice to go back to certain places in time and really enjoy it knowing the things I do now, and in some instances have a re-do of some mistakes I made.

BGS- thank you for sharing the Crochetville Blog Express Tour info.. I have been following it too. In fact I won the March 9th giveaway by Red Heart!!

http://crochetville.com/natcromo-2016-march-9-daily-giveaway/

I received it the other day and if anyone has any suggestions for the best thing to crochet that only takes 1 skein with the different types of yarn, I need them... I am excited to try them out!! Today has a great designer too that has a free Ravelry download also.. Dedri Uys... her stuff is beatiful!! and I love the Sophie's Universe!!! got to try that one day!

YARNMONKEY, is this the Sophie that you are working on?? How is that going? and btw, glass blowing classes!! Wow!! now that sounds fascinating!!! I have always loved to watch that being done... a miracle in my eyes...

CSHORT, I am so sorry to see all about the passing of a friend, memorial services..but I know you enjoyed time with your family none the less.

TRIBBLE79 and all else I missed, I hope you are well and that everyone has the most greatest day!!

Think I need to get up now or this work is never going to let me make my evening plans!

Happy Easter Week!!!

Congrats on winning that day's giveaway!! That's awesome!! I may be a little jealous.  ;) I definitely miss pizza!! Although we've figured out a way to have it once in a while at least. It's just not the Pizza Hut we're used to! Lol We aren't technically doing Weight Watchers, but we're following a lot of the recipes since they're so low-calorie. So far it's all working out, I'm down 36lbs! :cheer The Sophie is going well so far- I just finished Part 7 and it's starting to slow down since it's getting pretty big already. The textures and stitches on this thing is just amazing. I've been at this crocheting thing consistently for about 15 years now and this is still teaching me a lot! The glassblowing is so much fun! The experts help the entire time and they make it look so easy.  

We're home ! :yay:cheer:woo

Lacey I'm so happy for you and your family!!!!!  :hug That's wonderful news!! 

On the time traveling thing, I was thinking about it more this evening. I don't know if anyone has read the Stephen King book 11/22/63 but it's about the JFK assassination and about this man who goes back in time to prevent it. Anyway, it goes into great detail about the effect that him stopping it has on the future and I can't help but think about how crazy that one thing changed the future, so maybe I'll just stay put!  :D

We had a good day just visiting with Dad, Sister and Peanut. He was a ham as always, showing off for his granddad and just being silly. We went out for lunch and came back so Dad could take a nap and I could work on Sophie. We picked up our glass and had Mexican for dinner (first time in months since we started our eating better!), spent some time at the gym and now I'm back home to relax before bed. 

I realized earlier I forgot to post that picture of Peanut, so I've got that and our flower and egg to show off. 

post-11765-0-51497800-1458620544_thumb.jpg

He loves his new monster jacket! He also knows he's cute lol

post-11765-0-66342500-1458620548_thumb.jpg

DH's egg. The white in it is actually a very very light blue. It looked more of a robin's egg color in the pan when he added it but it didn't really turn out that way in the finished product. It's still really pretty I think! 

post-11765-0-55619600-1458620554_thumb.jpg

My flower. I used the same blue as DH, which is the main lighter spots on the flower, and white on the edge. 

Okay, off to add a couple pictures of Peanut and his Ninion afghan to the show and tell post and then working on Sophie before bed. I hope everyone had a good Monday!  :)

Quick check in... early this morning because I fell asleep catching up on the thread last night!

Heresy08, great selection square and postcard, and I am sure you will come up with something awesome to use the yarn you won for

Glad to hear baby Jade is home!

Peanut looks pleased with himself. When they are that age long parties are not their thing. I remember Little Tribble's first birthday, he bawled through most of it. We waited till to late to do the party. I am sure he will treasure the blanket for years!

Looks adorable in the monster coat!

The blown glass items are beautiful! I doubt mine would have been more than a collapsed egg or flower :)

For everyone I missed, hope your weekend was lovely!!! I was at work all this weekend so accomplished nothing!

Did a few things last night. Scooped the cat pans, cleaned the kitchen, dusted the living room, and a couple other things, then was too tired to do any crocheting. :( Hopefully after a few chores today I can play with some yarn.

We had tuna noodle casserole and grilled cheese last night, gonna have beanie weenie casserole tonight with grilled cheese.

Okay going back to bed till 8:30, Have a wonderful day all! Sorry if I missed responding to anyone, still on the tablet.

Good Morning.

I'm so glad baby Jade is home!

Michelle, congtatulations on your win! I've been following the blog too.

Nikki, Peanut is adorable and your glass creations are beautiful.

I'm in my sewing room again today working on crib stuff, I need to get it done since she is due in less than 4 weeks. I need to make a quick trip to joann's for thread when they open or I won't get very far in my sewing today.

I've also been watching the reports about the attack in Brussels, so sad and scarey.

Guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning!!

Another bright and cheerful morning it has been here with the sun shining so brightly!!! I'm still in PJ's though I'm afraid.. My sister called bending my ear for over an hour.... bad situation, but you just can't help people that truly don't want REAL help you know?

We're home ! :yay:cheer:woo

Lacey, I am so thrilled for you!! Hoping little Jade continues growing and improving and you can start to have a little more peace. and yes, I'll bet the others are really glad you are home too!!! :hug

Good Morning.

I'm so glad baby Jade is home!

Michelle, congtatulations on your win! I've been following the blog too.

Nikki, Peanut is adorable and your glass creations are beautiful.

I'm in my sewing room again today working on crib stuff, I need to get it done since she is due in less than 4 weeks. I need to make a quick trip to joann's for thread when they open or I won't get very far in my sewing today.

I've also been watching the reports about the attack in Brussels, so sad and scarey.

Guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Carol, thank you!! I have been enjoying following!! It has opened my mind to so many more possibilities and am finding some really good blogs to follow! Trouble is , I want to make EVERYthing!! :lol

Tribble79, your dinner menus sound quite good!! My DH is so finicky that I never get to try anything new hardly and now that I'm trying to lose weight, guess it will be awhile before I get to try stuff like that..

Yarn-monkey, I really am liking WW so far. The support is encouraging, plus I have a couple of friends that started with me, so I am not doing it alone and we help encourage each other. But I don't really get too hungry, I'm just re-learning how to eat! ;)  We must swap recipes.. and girl, you are SOO talented!! So many gifts of talent in what you can do! I love your DH's egg and your flower :heart  Plus, I am REALLY fascinated with the Sophie!!!! That is only about the 100th thing added to my 'I have GOT to do this!" list!!! Please show pictures!!! and Peanut really is super cute!!

Sandra, I wish I had actually thought earlier about making some things for the grands baskets!! I am sure the kiddos will enjoy the pups and turtle..

My how busy you were yesterday katyallen!! My home needs a lot of springing up too!! But I have to get it cleaned first! Got a lot done yesterday though and even had some me time.. so hopefully doing alot more today while I feel like I can...

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day today!!!

I love the pictures of Peanut! Thank you for sharing them with us.

I also love seeing pictures of Jade. Can you send me your address I want to send her something. (Surprise I made)...

I am so happy you and she is home now. I hope she continues to get better every second.

here is a couple baskets I made for the grandboys .

Do you think the face is okay on the first basket? I don't know ....

post-73065-0-35405100-1458678140_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-02752400-1458678161_thumb.jpeg

Owlvamp love the baskets.

Well I have had a toothache off and on since Fri but had a visit already scheduled for today for a check up. It is a fractured tooth so go back Thurs for a crown prep after eye dr visit.

Glad to hear Jade is home.

yarn_monkey I am sure the fudge is as good since you used the same recipe. Peanut is so cute in his monster jacket. Your glass creations are very nice. Its so neat you are getting to make them.

Hershey038 congrats on the win. You will have to show us what you make with it.

Hi all! Quick check in before bed, I'm beat :lol Got some grocery shopping done this morning, and as for the rest of it, I'm doing it later this week. Picked up earlier, a few times, and that's about it. Been really tired lately for some reason.

I hope all are well or mending! :hug s all!

Good morning!!

Another bright and cheerful morning it has been here with the sun shining so brightly!!! I'm still in PJ's though I'm afraid.. My sister called bending my ear for over an hour.... bad situation, but you just can't help people that truly don't want REAL help you know?

Tribble79, your dinner menus sound quite good!! My DH is so finicky that I never get to try anything new hardly and now that I'm trying to lose weight, guess it will be awhile before I get to try stuff like that..

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day today!!!

I am way more finicky than Mr tribble. However I would love to eat healthier Food as I love health food, but unfortunately it costs way more to eat healthy than to eat regular food, and when you're trying to keep meals around $10-$15 a day, there is no way to feed 4 people with health food on a that tight budget! I know, I've tried... :) good luck with your diet.

I love the pictures of Peanut! Thank you for sharing them with us.

I also love seeing pictures of Jade. Can you send me your address I want to send her something. (Surprise I made)...

I am so happy you and she is home now. I hope she continues to get better every second.

here is a couple baskets I made for the grandboys .

Do you think the face is okay on the first basket? I don't know ....

Love the baskets! They are so cute. I made little Tribble's easier basket last year, it was a creeper from Minecraft. I am not going to be making one this year, I have run out of time.

Did laundry today, will have to finish up tomorrow. Cooked supper did dishes, vacuumed and took Little Tribble to family fun night at the school. Settled down and did a couple rows on Mr Tribbles graphghan. Now headed to sleep, back to work tomorrow night! I hope everyone had a great day....

Good Morning.

Owlvamp, the baskets are adorable.

I'm feeling lazy this morning so I laid in bed until 6:30, I was awake at 5:30, and now I'm sittint in the recliner with my coffee and laptop. I need to clean the litter box and fill the big cat dishes today. I also need to pack my suitcase to go spend the holiday weekend at my daughter's home. I might do some sewing or crocheting, I'll see which mood hits me.

Have a great day.

Good morning everyone! I am so glad Jade is doing better!

Yarnmonkey- love all the photos! Also, what a beautiful egg and flower!

Owlvamp- The baskets are adorable and the faces look great!

I am figuring out what to make for my Easter basket and I will need to get my ingredients at the store tomorrow. It is a Polish tradition to have the basket blessed at Church.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Archived