Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello Ladies!!

:embar :embar First of all, I am so embarrassed and need to make a big apology to #1CROCHETFAN!!!!!! I get so caught up in remembering the actual NAMES and the avatar pictures that I still get get twisted on the user names... #1CROCHETFAN/ Teresa ----  PLEASE PLEASE forgive me!! :rose It really touched my heart and was one of the nicest things that's been done for me in a long time!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

My what a week again... thought I would just have a day to stay home and do some much needed cleaning and then my craft time. DH let me know I had a much needed trip to bank for business so I offered his 94 yr grandmother a trip... well let me just say I have JUST NOW got my groceries put away and had to sit for a spell (my foot and ankles are really hurting)... will get up in a few and do what I can do....

Quick check in since I'm on the tablet. Tomorrow I'll hopefully have a real post!

Katie, I have to agree... hate seems to be the start of all the problems in the world and if it were up to me, it would be gone!

Brenda, I love those little jelly bean poopers! One of the ladies my mom worked with in our elementary school cafeteria crocheted ducks for my sister and I that you would squeeze and out popped a jelly bean. I don't love jelly beans, but I'd love to make one of those ducks. As far as easter candy goes, I'd rather have the chocolate Cadbury eggs. Not the cream ones though, the egg goo makes me gag! Lol

Michelle, I'm so glad you got your magazine and your rooster pattern! I can't wait to see it all made up!

YES!!! What touched me is just how big #1CrochetFan's heart is !!!!

Tonight I finally finished Peanut's minion afghan! Whew! I want to do a panel eventually with his name across the top, but that won't happen before the party Saturday afternoon. I can't believe my sweet Peanut will be 2!

Tomorrow is a quick trip to Walmart to get a birthday card for my dad (who will get into town tomorrow afternoon) and gift cards for him and my grandmother and Goodwill to take a bunch of things from the Great Craft Room Clean Out of 2016, then back home to make sure everything is ready for my dad. Whew!

I'll post the minion afghan tomorrow night so you all can see. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Ohhh Hersey!! I would like to take credit for sending you squares but those pictured are not from me. I put your square in the mail yesterday!!  The squares pictured are beautiful !!!

THANK YOU for correcting me on this!! and now I have an extra puffy to look forward to!! :)

yarn_monkey; isn't it crazy how time flies!!! Peanut already 2 ????  :cake  Looking forward to seeing the Minion ghan.

I want some jelly beans...my favorite!! :rabbit

The IF question...I personally would get rid of sadness. Why does anyone need to be sad??  As for hatred, my thought is this. Hatred initiates change.  Sometimes change is needed. (My two cents worth.)

Have a great day everyone!

If right now is t in my thoughts.

Woke up to a disaster this morning.
My laundry room was flooded with water all over the floor,backed up into the sink and tub as well.
So away I went to cleaning and cleaning some more. Picked up all the towels and washed them and must be a plug in the pipes for when the washer started to spin guess what? Yep it started flooded the sink and on the floor what a wonderful sight. So more cleaning.
I store my bags of dog food out there and so daughter checked the first bag and it was fine but second bag got wet. She picked it for we were going to put it in its container and out the bottom went and dog food 40 lbs everywhere. Thank goodness I had already cleaned all the water up. So to cleaning that. After I got most of it up I let my fur babie finish it off. They cleaned it quite well. Next the washer went to the rinse cycle and I stayed by the sink and panned out the water so it wouldn't spill over and daughter empty the buckets. 7 buckets !!!! So while I was cleaning I dusted and swept the remainder of the floor and mopped it all up. My back is killing me now. So I still have towels to fold but no washing until the clog is fixed. I have been trying for hours and I can't get it unstuck.

oh Sandra!! I am so sorry you had to go through that and still not getting it unclogged yet... wasn't that long ago I was going through very similiar stuff... NOT FUN!! :thair  hope you can get fixed SOON!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Busy day of traveling.....what a shame Owlvamp- with your machine. I can identify .....when our water heater broke last Fall and we had water all over our basement. It happened at night so hubby and I scooped buckets after buckets. The next day I borrowed a wet vac but it took a while to dry and lots of clean up. Are you sure no pipes or connections are leaking? Can you use liquid plumber down your sink/tub to help rid the clog. Liquid plumber works in both my kitchen sink and in my bathroom one.

Yarn monkey- what a gorgeous blanket!!!! I really love it. I bet Peanut is thrilled.

I also like to wash fabric before using in case it shrinks, runs, and I feel it's cleaner, but everyone has their own preference.

It's okay- Hershey038- we all make mistakes..I am so glad you are feeling better.

Katy- I missed the first question but that one is tricky. The movie "Inside Out" comes to mind where the gist of the movie is that you really need all your emotions to make you a complete person.

Your 2nd question for me- If it is a tangible gift, anything handmade that comes from the heart like a card or a photo or a drawing....

Spending my birthday at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. Jade has RSV :( She is doing better than she was last night/this morning, but still sick. She's on an IV , CPAP and breathing treatments as well. But at least they can make sure she's getting better. Just hope she's not in here too long.

post-39682-0-18352200-1458350009_thumb.jpg

oh so sorry poor little Jade is not well, i hope she gets better soon, and can go home with y ou!!

all good answers by the way, are you all ready for anorher, he he, this one is not out of the book, but I like it, great insight to those of youthat  you ask it too, lol

If you could have your choice of one of the theee options listed below, and have it totally under your contrrol, to turn on or off, at will, which option would you choose from  the list below..

A. to be invisable

B. to have a clone

C, to be able to fly, like superman?

I choose to be invisible, think of all the places you could go, and things you could do, without anyone even seeing you.... what wonderful freedom that woudld provide in the purest form!!

so my choice is option a. what's yours??

Hello all! Sorry I have been gone a few days and sorry about not responding to many posts. I am on my tablet and it is so hard to use the quotes as they almost run together. I still can't get crochetville to load on my computer, says Web page is unavailable - who knows. ..

Hope everyone gets to feeling better. ..

Cleaned out the dog run yesterday and put down fresh straw. Crocheted a bit last night. Made supper tonight, burnt one of the pizzas, dumped another one in the floor. Told Mr tribble he was cooking next time!!!! Now I'm at work, working the weekend again this week, so Monday will be a hectic day as I don't get a lot done while working 12 hours.

Have a good weekend all! :)

LOL, my home ec teachers were Mrs. Jacobsma and Mrs. Hickman!!!  I loved them both. The few times that sew something I always wash the fabric first.

owlvamp    what a mess. so sorry.

If question: my first thought was yarn or a starbucks gift card. (Yes, I'm addicted to Starbucks (and yarn)).

Have a great day everyone!!

Yes!!! Starbucks and yarn!!!  :yarn  :morcoffee

Spending my birthday at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. Jade has RSV :( She is doing better than she was last night/this morning, but still sick. She's on an IV , CPAP and breathing treatments as well. But at least they can make sure she's getting better. Just hope she's not in here too long.

Oh Lacey, I hope she gets better soon!! Please keep us updated!  :hug

oh so sorry poor little Jade is not well, i hope she gets better soon, and can go home with y ou!!

all good answers by the way, are you all ready for anorher, he he, this one is not out of the book, but I like it, great insight to those of youthat  you ask it too, lol

If you could have your choice of one of the theee options listed below, and have it totally under your contrrol, to turn on or off, at will, which option would you choose from  the list below..

A. to be invisable

B. to have a clone

C, to be able to fly, like superman?

I choose to be invisible, think of all the places you could go, and things you could do, without anyone even seeing you.... what wonderful freedom that woudld provide in the purest form!!

so my choice is option a. what's yours??

Without a doubt, fly! Invisible doesn't seem so bad, but I'm terribly nosey and sometimes ignorance is bliss, you know? But flying...  :c9  I could just go right off to all the places I'd like to see and not have to spend a fortune in airfare! 

Today was Dad and Peanut's birthday both, so Sister was busy getting things together for the big party tomorrow and we didn't get to see Peanut. Dad picked spots for lunch and dinner and we ran some errands so he could get guitar strings and Costco for some things. We got back home and I had some things to do for the party so did those and then remembered I needed to make fudge for my uncle.  :reyes I get everything out and realize I'm out of corn syrup, so 11 o'clock at night and off we go to the grocery store. Now it's 12:30 and I'm finally done with the fudge and I have NO idea if it's right or not because I've never made it before (only had it once when my grandmother made it) and honestly, I don't even like it so I have to wait and see what my uncle says tomorrow. I love pumpkin everything, but this pumpkin fudge just does not do it for me! Lol It's got a lot of white chocolate in it and I think that's what turns me off. 

I think I'll do another row on Sophie and then head to bed. I'll have to get up and going early in the morning so I can get over to help Sister set up for the party and get a little time with Peanut before the action starts. I'll be sure to post pictures of him with his new afghan!  :)

Oh no poor Jade. I hope she gets well soon.

katy I think I would like a clone to give me a hand with the work around here and for all those times when you need or want to be two places at once.

yarn_monkey the minion afghan is so cute. I don't think I have had pumpkin fudge. Peanut butter fudge is my favorite

Oh no poor Jade. I hope she gets well soon.

katy I think I would like a clone to give me a hand with the work around here and for all those times when you need or want to be two places at once.

yarn_monkey the minion afghan is so cute. I don't think I have had pumpkin fudge. Peanut butter fudge is my favorite

Peanut butter is my favorite too! With chocolate at a close 2nd! My grandmother makes this fudge but she and my uncle aren't getting along (it's a whole crazy convoluted story!) so he asked me to make it for him so he can take it to work because everyone he works with is asking for it. I can't decide if I hope it turned out right or not because either way, I'm not doing it again! I don't even like the smell and I LOVE pumpkin. 

Hello.

I hope baby Jade is doing better.

It sounds like you are all keeping busy.

I am going to lunch with my daughter and her family today and then bringing the grandkids to my house for a little while. Then we will be off to church for a memorial service for a friend who died a couple of weeks ago. So it is going to be a busy day. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hmmm. I'd have to say B "clone". I don't need to be invisible, as I have "awesome ninja skills" lol, and and I've flown before and prefer to stay on the ground , so flying isn't an option.

yarn_monkey hope Peanut is having a great time at his party. Can't wait to hear or see his reaction to his minion afghan. Do you use pumpkin pie spices in the fudge? There is one of those I am not fond of. When I make pumpkin pie I use a lot more of the cinnamon than my recipe calls for and the regular amounts of the others.

ImmaFreek I know RSV is pretty common in preemies. I hope she recovers quickly and goes home soon. Oh I can just imagine how nice it would be for you to have a clone right now-----between Jade in hospital and other kids at home

Cshort sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

Well after the warm almost hot days this week today is rough. With the wind you would think it was 10 below instead of lower 40's. We are supposed to have a hard freeze tonight and tomorrow night---so many things are blooming.

Hey all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

To answer this question, I would have to say a, invisibility! I would have a blast with that!

Im off for now. :hug s all

i never heard of pumpkin fudge, lol, i don'e care for fudge, cept for Mrs. H, she makes us a plate every cristmas, and there is no topping it anywhere, she made peanut butter fudge once, and we prefered her normal reg fudge to it, for sure....she is an old neighbor from a previous neighborhood, but we still keep in touch...

i cant get warm tonight,it's chilly, and windy and it snowed a bit on and off most of the day, we got, probably a dusting, as this aft, the sun  came out, and it was forty at least, so it melted mostly on the way down, no accumulation!!

ok, IF....

If you had to give up one of your favorite foods for life, for money, how much would you ask for, and what would it be???

Good morning!

Poor Jade! I hope she recovers quickly!

The last question is hard because I hate flying in general and I wouldn't want to be invisible. I would have to go with a clone. With two of me, more can get accomplished.:)

As for a fav food to give up and get paid for, my favorites are shrimp or anchovy pizza; a juicy london broil steak and a quarter pounder with cheese. You would have to pay me a lot to never eat any of them again.:).

I used to think I hoped I never developed allergies to strawberries or tomatoes. I don't know because some things like shrimp or steak I only get once or twice a year. The hardest thing for me to give up would be diet cola as I drink it every day-----diet coke first choice but pepsi and rc are ok too. When we go out to eat my meal is ruined if they are out or the machine is not working. I would rather have my diet coke as the food. I don't like or drink coffee or tea. I am not sure I can give it up for any amount of money but I would sure try.

Katy it didn't snow enough for a dusting yesterday. It was just a brief blizzard like flurry. Most people didn't even see it. They said our air is so dry that it is snowing but evaporating before we can see it. However the ground was white early this morning but quickly disappeared.

I don't know how many of you are keeping up with the Crochetville Blog Express tour but today one of the featured designers is Melinda Miller. She has many gorgeous squares on Ravelry. If you go to her blog http://mocrochet.blogspot.com/2016/03/spring-begins.html?m=1 she tells you how to get one of her patterns from Ravelry for free. It was really easy you just had to be a Ravelry member and select the pattern--no filling out checkout info. And who among us can't put another good square pattern to use.

Good morning. We're still here, but they have been slowly turning her CPAP down. She's at a 5 now (was at 8 yesterday) and her extra oxygen down from 30 to 21. So we're getting a little closer. She may even get to try to take a bottle later if they feel she's up to it. They don't want her to aspirate.

Baby Jade says hello. (Picture wouldn't upload)

Hello everyone.

No snow here but we've had some rain today and it's still cloudy.

I went to church this morning and then went to lunch with my daughter and grandkids, they are still in town until tomorrow. My son-in-law had to make the 2 hour drive home last night to work today but he'll be back tonight so they can visit with friends who are in town for the memorial service. My daughter wanted to go to her 2 favorite restaurants while they are here, so yesterday we went to a wonderful ice cream shop/restaurant to have huge hot dogs, cherry colas and deliciouse ice cream, they make their own sodas and ice creams. Today we went to her favorite Cuban restuarant for chicken, rice & beans, plantains and mariquitas, it was delicious and I have leftovers for dinner. We went to Michaels's and were hoping to got to a couple other stores but the kids were tired so I dropped them off at my son-in-law's parents house where they are staying and I came home to relax and crochet.

I guess thats enough rambling for now. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Archived