Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy I am tickled you want the scarves for yourself. I did not realize your zoo did not have elephants for nearly 5 years. I love watching them at the KC zoo. They have 6 females that are getting old and a young male that they just got last fall. I was really sad when Casey passed away a few years ago at 50 something. He had been there since I was a little girl. Sounds like it was a good thing in this case for them to live in a zoo.

Its rained and drizzled all day. Today we went to the Rock and Gem Show with my sister and niece.

Hello everyone!!!! Remember me???  I received the most wonderful puffy in the mail yesterday from Carol!  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  The squares are absolutely gorgeous!  I feel so bad that I haven't been able to visit lately.  I miss you all so much.  I am starting to get some strength back, so fingers crossed that I will be visiting on a regular basis again soon.  Hugs to all.

attachicon.gif024.JPG

Glad you are feeling better!

Hi, Annie! Glad to see you and hope to see you more often!  :hug

Katie, I hope you start feeling better soon. Hot tea really does help! Especially with lots of honey. 

I sure wish I could remember everything I had typed up the other night. I don't have a daggone clue. Must not have been important! 

Okay pictures. Lots of pictures. 

First, a picture of my squares from Carol.  :manyheart  I adore them!

attachicon.gif2016-03-04 22.34.32.jpg

And the hearts DH and I made at our class. Later this month we have flowers and eggs (I think I have to do both!) and next month are small vases! DH's is the aqua and green, mine is aqua and pink. 

attachicon.gif2016-02-18 11.46.19.jpg

Peanut has learned to take selfies, as long as you hand him the phone with the camera on anyway. It's his favorite thing! This was in Sister's car on the way home from Walmart one day. I handed him my phone and just hear "click click click" from the backseat. I even got a short video. Lol 

attachicon.gif2016-02-17 14.53.55.jpg

Hanging out with Peanut while Sister had a doctor's appointment. More selfies! It's the only time he'll sit still.  :lol

attachicon.gif2016-02-24 14.39.42.jpg

I think that's all the pictures for now... I'll have plenty more once I get pictures taken of all these projects I'm halfway through and the virus shawl I just finished. 

Bed time now. I hope everyone had a good week! I'll try to check in again this weekend!  :)

Great squares and those glass hearts are awesome!

Hello everyone.:). Love the pictures!

It is so nice to find the days are getting longer! I guess I need to start thinking about starting some plants inside from seeds. Last year we had an abundance of tomatos and broccoli and three different peppers.

I can't wait to get started on our garden. We did okay last year though we got the plants in late. Unfortunately we don't have enough room to start our plants from seeds. Though that would be so wonderful.

Sorry I have been gone for a few days. The whole family has the virus going around and I spent a good bit of time the last few days mostly in bed. I am beginning to feel somewhat better. Havn't done much crocheting but hope to get back to it. I can't believe it's the middle of March already. I have so much crochet things i want to finish for little Tribble's birthday in May.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

Hello everyone.

I had a really good time at the renaissance festival yesterday but was worn out from all the fresh air and walking. Today I went to church and then to lunch and shopping with my daughter. We were looking for fabric for crib accessories but didn't find anything we liked so we'll be going to Hobby Lobby on Tuesday to see what they have. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Just a quick hello from me. The last 3 weeks have been busy. I traveled to Tacoma to visit my daughter, then turned around to travel to Iowa for a funeral, then down with the cold/flu for a week!!  I'm hoping to get in some serious crocheting this week. I miss it!!!

I don't know when I'll get to the PO but soon I hope.

Have a great day everyone.

Yarnscrapper

Hello all! Quick check in. I did manage to get some crocheting done the last few days. I somewhat finished a 'ghan for DD, but she managed to snag it before it really got done. I'll grab it back later and add more to it, but thankfully, that will be easy lol. Then I decided to start one for me, don't have all my colors yet, but it's easily planned since the main color will be black :) I'll be getting those tomorrow when I go out! I got pix of them too! Yay me!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the (semi in our case) decent weather. I know I have been! I even went shoeless outside today...love the feel of grass between my toes :lol:hug s for all!

post-41261-0-14331700-1457929375_thumb.jpeg made this one for DD

post-41261-0-18204100-1457929395_thumb.jpegpost-41261-0-22000600-1457929415_thumb.jpeg this one is mine :lol

It is very foggy this morning. I grabbed the bulkies this am and went to the laundromat so I could just get them all clean in a couple of hours instead of a couple days. I didn't get a very early start and it was was maybe an eighth of a mile visability.

Still working on scarves. Almost have 2 more done. Now I have a big enough pile that I have lost count. It will be good to have that yarn cleared out. Its a Hobby Lobby discontinued yarn so Katy enjoy those scarves!

Hello.

It was back to work today. I think the combination of time change and fun but busy weekend wore me out, I feel like I've been walking in my sleep all day. so I'm planning a little stitching tonight until I fall asleep.

i everybod, first and foremost, wanted to thank all those that have sent me bday cards, i may not have posted them all, but they mean a lot to me, was such fun getting good mail, for a change, so thank you to alll tht have!!!

sedondly, this virus, as a ocuple have called it, sucks rocks. can't shake it, no matter what I take,or do,hot tea is my drink of choice now, it soothes my throat, i add honey to it, and sip it down a couple times a day.

Handyman is so still coughing, alrhthough, that part ot mine is now almost gone, few and far between, there for a while, couldn't even get all the way through a meal, bfore a coughing jag would hi............

thirdly, another nifce day, got out for a biti, ptalked to duaghter who is leaving tomorrow early, for egas, she is excited and won't probably sleep well tonight, ha ha.

got a freind to stay with the cat, that was what she had been worrying about, i told her she will be fine for a few days, without mama there, but having a cat sitter live in there whllst she is away, will put her mind much more at ease, so someone she really trusts, is going to kit sit for her....

bout midnight last night,i cleaned out my dresser drawers,lol, couldn't sleep, got up and turned out a few drawers on the bed, and sorted, and arranged things, and now have a pile for the donation box too,slippers i hate, unmentionbles tht are new, that I never wore ( whatever possessed me to buy underwire anything, anyway,,,Shesh!!),and a couple other odds and ends.....

put my Bgs scarves away(they were way excited to be reunited with Bluey scarf and the other drawer mates,and little things, anyway, passed the time,and now I have a nice orderly dresser,and a nice orderly closet too,wow, like that never happens together, lol all at once, ever!!

had frozen pizza tonight, didn't feel much up to eating much, so pulled out a couple of those, and easy peasy, popped them in for 11 to 13 minutes,and wala, supper, lol tehy were on sale, store special for 98 cents today, when I went and got a few things this am, lol..

Good morning,ooops, no,just looked up and its afternoon

had my podiatry appt.got fitted for my clod hoppers,er,I mean ortho shoes,chose MaryJanes this time,hopefully I'll like them,usually get tie shoes

Good afternoon everyone!  Nothing exciting here but I keep soooo busy!!! How does that happen? 

A couple of weeks ago I met a crocheting lady on a flight out of town. We hit off since we both love to crochet. So we exchanged contact info and on Sunday afternoon we had coffee together. Then walked over to Michaels, and then bought Girl Scout Cookies on our way back to the cars!!  We had such a good time that we plan to do it again!!  CROCHETTERS UNITE!!! :rofl

Have a great day everyone.

Another warm day--cloudy,then sunny and cloudy again. Ran some errands on the way to the zoo this morning (po,vote,buy seed potatoes). Today I mostly watched the elephants. Stopped for tacos (late lunch early supper), washed car and filled it up with gas. Now to work on a scarf and maybe get another row of squares on an afghan that goes to Project Linus via my niece's unit at work.

pineknott saw the nests you made. I have tried those a couple of times but didn't get far. I don't do well with three strands. I enjoyed your card and letter. Thank you

[oh everyone is so busy, going places, doing things, lol I got a package today, with the cutest lhings, and a bday card too, from theresa p, thank you so much, here are pics, everything was unsiw the jar, cept the squares, and they are quite lovely, in blues, my fav!!! thank you again #1crochetfan!!! LOVE IT ALL,  and so thought to think of me!!

of cours e  i have taken everthing out of the jar by now, ibut think i might fill it with pretzels now, and keep on my work table, he he he.

post-40621-0-14245700-1458083529_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-78211600-1458083795_thumb.jpg

yeah bgs, don't really know why thez zoo hasn't had elepahants for a few years, i always too k the train to the top of the hill, it was almost a straight up and down grade long hill, (nicknamed, elephant hill, for a reason, lol) and then stayed till th e train came back for the next ride to more anima!s

These are very skinny elephants, but there is a bad drought in Swaszillyaland* sp, so not much to eat there, so they would have died soon, whih is why the zoo took them, your zoo too, i think took one or two, is that right?? it might have been witchita, im not sure......... but now where they are  l ythink soon they wiill look lots healthier, they are adapting well, and naping and eating!!

nice trip for you and crochet friend , glad you met someone to hang with now and then, that's always nice.

new maryjanes huh linda, lol thank you for the ncie bday card too Linda!!!

unless the Va.beach rescue rehab has revised specs on the birds nests, when I sent them a long time ago, they wanted at least double stranded nests, has that now changed linda,to tripple stranded??? Do they still like paper towels in the botttoms of the nests, for the little ones to do do ,in,as its  easier to change the liners  than the nest they say. I just sent paper towels when i sent them, lol figured they could use extra...

well, going to go and put my little goodies away and go and do dishes i think, haven't done much all day, this virus is hanging on, and hanging in,and Im sick of being sick.lol all for now, more later perhaps. take care all, thundered and rained hard all night, was cloudy, but mild here today....nice day for crocheting, he he he.take care all till later!!

I just checked back at Bev's country cottage,she had put a blurb about the nests some years ago,it says 2-3 strands,the gal that I e-mailed that works with rescuers had told me 3 strands, so that's what I started doing,works for me,I think two strands for me would be kinda floppy

glad you liked your cards Katy and Bgs

that's really nice of you to send the paper towels Katy,myself,I just send them the nests

welll, it was a couple years ago, and i ws glad to hear 2 Or rthree, cause 3 strands for me, was hard too, lol, glad they could still use them!! I at first cut little rounds of thick paper towel, and put them In the nests, but figured if I sent a roll, they can cut, and can use it for more stuff too, right, lol

Haven't made any for a while, but sure glad to see that they are still going strong, she sent me pix once, of all sorts of little baby creatures that can deffinately use the nests, with a thank you card too.....nice charity, glad it's still going strong!!

hope al is well,and no calamities to report,how is Immafreak and baby Jade, and Peanut, and little Tribble, are all the kids well, and content, excited about Easter?? 

some more Easters memories, can  you think of any of your own?

my dd was hard at Easter, she and I both are not candy people, so instead of all that little easter stuff one puts in, i had to find oter l ittle giftees, fun stuff, toys, games etc, the older she got the more expensive the fillers got, music cds, make up,walkman, and a book, or something.. and once I rolled up a pair of jeans and put them in her basket too, lol moms are creative, huh!!  course she got the gummy candy she didn't mind, chewing gum, a new toothbrush? and hair accessories,lol and always always, a new stuffed bunny was included, she was happy!! lol

do you have ham for easter? or something else? We usually have ham, but turkiey when the daughter was younger, she didn't eat ham, or meat actually even then, but turned vegetarian officially in high school!!

I remember white patent leather shoes, with the strap that either went across the top of your foot, or folded back, onto the heal of the shoe, making them slip ons......

I remember my favorite easter dresss,it ws peach, and embossed with flowers across the bodice, and my spring coat, was pink, and sometimes warmer than i needed it to be, lol those silly little bonnets, huh, but a have to have around Easter, and white frilly socks, sheesh,a life timego, huh....

I just checked back at Bev's country cottage,she had put a blurb about the nests some years ago,it says 2-3 strands,the gal that I e-mailed that works with rescuers had told me 3 strands, so that's what I started doing,works for me,I think two strands for me would be kinda floppy

glad you liked your cards Katy and Bgs

that's really nice of you to send the paper towels Katy,myself,I just send them the nests

how is Rene doing Linda?

wonder what viking has been  up to, i miss her stories.. 

and some of the others that have been mia for a while, i miss them,and wonder how life is going for them as well..

well ladies, I think i will flip on the tv,and find something to watch, till i get sleepy, you all have a very nice evening, and Il see you tomorrow!!

katy it never occurred to me that your zoo had been without elephants for so long until you told me about the new arrivals. Our zoo didn't get any from that shipment as they have 6 females and a male. The females have been here for many years and the male was sent here from Tampa last year. I enjoyed my last zoo newsletter because they featured the elephants and told about each one of them.

One of these day I will try the nests again. I am not fond of working with bulky yarn let alone 3 strands. I would rather work with thread.

I remember the matching dresses from one Easter for mom,2 sisters(#3 wasn't here yet) and myself. They were cotton, sleeveless, fitted tops gathered at the waist, zippers on side at waist, (remember those) mostly white with a small flower here and there but a band of large spring flowers all around the bottom of the skirt.

Then there is a photo of a very small me carrying a basket looking for Easter eggs with my grandpa on his farm. I don't remember it and grandpa passed away when I was 5 so I am glad for the photo. I remember the photo. I know I was looking for Easter eggs otherwise we would have gone to the chicken house for eggs.

Looking forward to ham for Easter but am cooking corn beef today as dh loves it-----you know tomorrow is St.Patricks day. I like the cabbage carrots potatoes and corn bread way more than the corn beef. We always try to watch The Quiet Man (John Wayne)and Disney's Darby O Gill and the Little People with a very young Sean Connery for St Patrick's day. Don't forget to be wearin your green tomorrow.

Archived