Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

#1Crochetfan thank you so much for that info. I had been wondering if I should try to update to Windows 10 but since I have 7 I dont think I will. My laptop is just a couple of years old. I didnt like what I was reading about 8 and had the chance to get 7. I guess a lot of people really disliked 8 and that is why they are offering 10 as a free download until June or July???? I have 7 and my screen is blue. Thats the way it came. Can you change it on 7 but not on 10? Thats not something I ever thought about changing.

Cshort congrats on your new granddaughter. I was wondering if everything was going okay.

Katy that is so frustrating. Seems like there has been too much of this since they did the forum upgrade. I often wonder if this isnt the cause of some of our mia's. It wont let them on and they couldnt figure out a way to contact the administrators and gave up. And then its weird that you go for a long time with no problems and then all of a sudden it thinks you are a spammer.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another baby afghan for Project Linus. It was frustrating because I was pretty far along when I noticed I was dealing with 3 different colors. It was so subtle that you had to do several rows and lay it out in good light to pick up on it. My aunt had started on an afghan that I pulled apart and the rest of the yarn was rolled into balls. After I figured out the color difference I pulled my work apart and this time arranged the colors in strips.post-11309-0-42693400-1460739162_thumb.jpgpost-11309-0-71100400-1460739507_thumb.jpg

oh that is pretty bgs,good save, it truned out just lovely!!

thanks for that info too,crochettfan,mine is a desk top, not that makes a diff i hope.but  i will pass it on \to my dd and son in law tomorrow, i am sure they are aware though, they are both in that field. Yes, funny I was suddenly spam, when i have been on the internet with the ville for so long, i told amy the admin, that i ddidn't like being thought of as  a threat to anyone's filters, and really, i am a rather nice person, honest. lol i ws seriously afraid i would have to give up the ville, it is one of the things that ran through my mind, i thought, i will have to, if I can't get on, i can't run to the library every day to check the thread,mail, etc. I will hve to give it up!! I know my daugter wouldn't let me go intenetless and offered me her tablet till if and when or i get somthing else, but this desk top is fine, in all other ways, and if we can just update it, and they will figure out a way, there is such a thing, as adding another hard drive, who thought, huh,  but i did , sooo worry though, and sometimes it   kept me from sleeping some nights to be sure, but if itseems to be no longer a problem, lets hope.. im glad I can stay!!

another thing too, i have to update to my daughter says 7 to 8 or 10, like i said, whichever they deem best, so i can change from i.e internet explorere to an updated browser, which she recommends to be chrome, so whatever upgrade loads, is the one i will have. thanks for that info.

Congratz carol, you had your own excitement then, congrats to daughter too, hope to see pics soon!!

Tribble, yep, i only have the daughter, so sports issue never really cam e up mch, but she had band, and flag, and jaaz band, and dance and all sorts of thingsand practices,and plays and etc.  on that sort of side of the deal, so sports, i think she might have played soccer for a year and did  golf for a year maybe, i don't remember, oh and chorus, and stuff like that,so it was busy times, in juinor and highschool, i remember many times, taking her to band practice before i went to work in the am,in the summer, for their practices, they don't not practice just cause school is out, lol......so packed up the gator aid, and they gathered on the field for two hours or more a morning every morning, that or flag practice, and , then would go back and get her if sh didn't have a way home, a go back to work after that, busy time, you wait and see, lol

course, i was younger then too, lol and had a good job, that allowd me to do that, family first was the motto, you know, you don' tfind  too many jobs like that out there these days...things have definitely changed, huh, for the better or wose, still to be determined, i was one of the lukcy ones, I guess.

well sheesh,had a lot to comment on, hope i didnt leave anyone out, if so, ask me again, lol, ill catch up next time. time for lunch,you all enjoy your day..............chow for now......

oh, how is the list of email addresses coming sandra, so far i have gotten mail from two or three others, besides you lol, and will keep them in my contact in emergencies list, thank you to you all for your patience on this matter, and thanks to amy, who looks like has taken the bull by the horns, and gotten some corrections made! :hug

those are just lovely squares howieann,nice job hershy!!made me sad to be thought of as spam.........

well hi sandra, good, i think every one of us all should have an emergency contact email, trust me, hope you don't ever need it like i did, lol..... i am happy to give mine  out in a pm, to anyone that wants it, just don't know right now, how dependable MY own connection is for a while, sort of lost a little bit of faith  in that but each day i have no trouble, is a good day, and ill take that..... !!

you might not hear from me tomorrow, im getting that upgrade and install tomorrow, don't know when exactly probably at the end of the day, ill be ok, up and running for sure, so will try to check in when im operable.. boy we here in eastern nebr. are smothering under the smoke blowing in from that Kansas controled burning,the air is thick with smoke, and that and the tree blossoms are killing my allergies today, but tonight hopefuly lt , will ease up a bit and ill take an allergy pill i f i need to.

my eyes are feeling the smoke and  i have some drops for that i will put in tonight. you know what i miss, spell check, lol sometimes i miss letters in my words, i think it's the space bar, he he he, but i think they used to have it, wonder where that went, anyone else miss it too???all for now, talk to you all sometime tomorrow, have a great weekend! any big plans this weekend? I think next week sometime, John Grisham will be in town, the author , he is handydan's favorite author, and its free i think, so who knows, we might go see him, i think handydan has read most of his books, and i told him, if we go, bring your fav. and get his autograph! we'll see.

Just a quick check in from the tablet tonight before bed. I had to pop in and say hi!

Arlene I'm so glad you've got your computer up and working again! It's awful to be without it. Glad you're back!

And Katie I'm glad you're able to get logged back in now. So strange when that happens.

Jade is so cute! I can't believe she's already 2 months old!

Tomorrow evening DH and I have a glassblowing class. This time it's mini vases! I'll probably get it picked up on Monday so I'll make sure to post a picture.

I hope everyone had a good Friday and I'll make a better post when I get the laptop out!

checking in, today gotta say bye bye to good old Vista, ishe has been  good to me for a long time, sigh, hope i like the new upgrade as much, we'll see... Kids expected round noon or so, and lets get this done!!

allergies are still up front, and running at full capacity, sinus's are acting up, coughing a bit, even sneezing, i still think that smoke in the air, and the fowering trees out front, and contributing mightilly to my problems!! They say about another four days or so, it will continue.

Nothing much else happening, just waiting for the techs to get here and hopefull, the "operation "  i mean upgrade and install will be over soon, and Vista will be resting comfortable somewhere out there in cyber space, she has earned her retirement, and move over, and make room for the new, huh!! ok, all done, but see you later, if circumstances permit........have a great day all!!

Hello everyone!

I got these 2 pretty squares from Hershey038. Thanks Michelle!

Those are pretty squares.

Here is another baby afghan for Project Linus. It was frustrating because I was pretty far along when I noticed I was dealing with 3 different colors. It was so subtle that you had to do several rows and lay it out in good light to pick up on it. My aunt had started on an afghan that I pulled apart and the rest of the yarn was rolled into balls. After I figured out the color difference I pulled my work apart and this time arranged the colors in strips.attachicon.gif20160415_105621.jpgattachicon.gif20160415_105752.jpg

Very pretty.

Hey every, my PC is working great. I am so thankful it is.  :clap  I just gotta catch up with everyone now.  Any thing exciting going on?   :hug

So glad to see you back.

I spent most of the day at my daughter's house helping her and cuddling my grandbaby. Not much else going on here. Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

hi all, it's over, vista is no more, rip old windows, and hello chrome!! glad to be reborn, lol. was a long process, and a long day, after very little sleep last night, due to sinus congestion,d clogging up all night long,then up before the sun, piddling around with a e few things that didn't make any noise, lol, and then tried to go back to sleep about 5 am, but that sorta failed too, maybe an hour there of sleep,then up for the rest of the day. so now, im resting, and relaxing, will continue to learn about windows 7 or 8, not sure which one i have now, looked at 10 as she has it, im not sure it would suit me, and we can always do that before the end of july, then it won't be free download, so I have time to decide, still getting used to this one, some things are not where they were, and some things have changed names, but Ill find it all, it's all there, just dont know where yet, lol..

im planning a lay in day tomorrow, to rest and recoop, relax and re group, that's a lot of re's huh,lol  Hope all is well and carol,you lucky thing, lol. have a great tomorrow all, see ya then........

good morning, anyone to home today!!

bright and early here, breakfast done, lazy day planned, one visit this am expected, son in law, to find where my pics from my cam get uploaded, as my windows gallery is no more, got the pics on flash drive, just don't know where to upload my pics anymore, lol,, so one quickie visit this am, to get that done,and we are through, till the windows 10 upgrade, june or july, while it is still a free upgrade, lol 

all for now, gotta do a few more chores fore he gets here, daughter would come, but has a work meeting early this aft, so she is sending him, lol......poor blake, lol      for now, the thread sure is slim pickins on posts ladies, lol gotta fix that!!!  :yes

Hello everyone. I was wake earlier than I wanted to be this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and worked on a sewing project until time to leave for church and then came home and went back to sewing. I made a car seat cover and a nursing cover that my daughter wanted for the baby. I had some other sewing projects to work on but decided I was tired and ready to sit and relax so I will do some crocheting and watch TV. 

Here is a picture of my new little grandbaby.

post-4459-0-07038500-1460921788_thumb.jpg

Sorry the picture is sideways, I've tried to fix them but no luck.

Katy you are so lucky to have a daughter AND son in law to help out with computer issues. For the most part I have to fumble through it on my own. Sometimes my niece and sister help if they know what to do but none of us are that great with them. Then they are really busy and I am lucky if they come out to my house twice a year. That's the only reason why I got the laptop----I can take it to their house. While you were busy upgrading your pc we were getting dh set up with his first smartphone. We were tickled that it picks up at home since his other cell phone never did connect to the tower at home so for over a year he couldn't use his cellphone from home. Of course we couldn't get one like mine so his is bigger better and naturally more expensive.

It sure has been a hot and dry spring. Our first mowing was very dusty more like Aug and not pleasant like spring mowings generally are. Hopefully its going to rain this week like they are predicting.

hi gang, well we are truly finished now, just needed a tweek, my pic s from the camera are going straight  to my pics now, and things are fine and working properly. 

Must impose on your, to re submit the following, no longer have list, thank you. 

One thing however, those of you that are on the birthday bash, and want to continue to be on it, will have to email me a  your

full name,

address or box number,

city, state, ,zip code

optional email addy,

info also needed for update, 

preferences for your squares which should include, size, color, specifics to the square, such as I hook, or H hook, 3 rounds only, and optional, how many still needed  if known. My document that contained that info, won't open in my current word processor,as i dont have windows works anymore.  S0 we installed another word processor, t is not windows word,and it opens it, but the format is completely screwed up, with code, and spaces, and can't read it hardly at all. Please use my email address or through the ville on message to send that info promptly, as without your info,  info, it may surely delay your square receiving, ok, thanks.....  tried to read it, but it's all messed up, and too hard to do for all those people, so the sooner the better,thanks for this everyone, we simply think microsoft fixed the works thing not to open in any other program,,.lol..  

Good morning to everyone!

Katy- I'm glad your computer is back. I'll pm you the info you need later on today when I have more time.

Bgs- My son teaches me what to do and not to do, and from experience I find wi fii and networking to be tricky. I usually figure things out by making many mistakes...or when I make a mistake, I hear my son's voice in my head telling me that I should have done something first but I forgot and it's too late. Then I go to the library and take tons of books out to figure out how to try to fix things...lol

Carol- your newest grand is adorable! Boy does he have lots of hair!

I hope everyone has a nice Monday.:)

#1Crochetfan I rely a lot on Google to bail me out of computer issues and try to get my hands on a for Dummies or Idiots book before getting a new operating system. I haven't done networking and only use Wi-Fi at my sisters house with the laptop. I am getting proficient at using Wi-Fi with the smartphone I got 7 months ago.

Katy dont forget people's preferences for squares are listed on the first page here so those aren't totally lost. However this would be a good time for everyone to update their info. Something else to think about----will whatever document format you use now open with Windows 10 or will you have to start all over again? Just curious what word processing program did your daughter install on your computer? I try to learn what I can about computer stuff from you all too.

We are getting some badly needed rain this morning. I bought some tomato plants yesterday and I think I will take a chance and get them set out. Hopefully it wont get too cold on them. You just never know here----a couple years ago the ground was white on May 1.

hi all, thank you to those that have sent their new info, remember, 

full name,

address

city state zip

preferences, such as colors size , or yarn RHSS or ??? and an email addy, which is up to you, optional but would be a good idea, so we can all keep in the loop, i am not on facebook,nor perhaps ever will be, but i did get ahold of amy on ravelry, as i couldnt reach anyone else, then i remembered owlvamp once tested a square for me, lol,and got ahold of her to pass the word.......that was lucky!! 

#1Crochetfan I rely a lot on Google to bail me out of computer issues and try to get my hands on a for Dummies or Idiots book before getting a new operating system. I haven't done networking and only use Wi-Fi at my sisters house with the laptop. I am getting proficient at using Wi-Fi with the smartphone I got 7 months ago.

Katy dont forget people's preferences for squares are listed on the first page here so those aren't totally lost. However this would be a good time for everyone to update their info. Something else to think about----will whatever document format you use now open with Windows 10 or will you have to start all over again? Just curious what word processing program did your daughter install on your computer? I try to learn what I can about computer stuff from you all too.

We are getting some badly needed rain this morning. I bought some tomato plants yesterday and I think I will take a chance and get them set out. Hopefully it wont get too cold on them. You just never know here----a couple years ago the ground was white on May 1.

well brenda he found a good one, very simialar to the microsoft tworks one, i don'tknow if it will work on 10 should i decide to do that, (tekies said, not nec\ssary, windows 7 is very much supported and will be for a long long time to come) unless they quit supporting windows 7, this is just a cleaner, neater, almost easier version of vista, and i really feel comfortable on it, so far so good....as does chrome, can't say enough good about that, way more secure, safe, and easy to navigate to anywhere and it saves my passwords for me to boot!! we also activated the wifi, just to see that we could, lol, and that will be so easy too, when i get that ipad,daughter advises,which should be not too long a wait, it she has her way, lol   she said the cutest thing, whilst she was working to hard,that she blames herself, she has not been a good daughter, to not have brought me into the now generation with this stuff, ha,not at all, nothing was wrong till recently, and if it ain't fixed, well you know, but i toldher, she has and always will be a terriic daughter, regardless of uploads, installs, downloads re installs, glitches, tweeks, and anything else, lol I owe them both a cherry pie though, ha ha ha....

Archived