Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick check in tonight, we cleaned the outside dog run and put straw down, and I am so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open! !! Have a good night all.

well good arlene, glad you are going to use it for you!!

I decided it will go on my bed. It will be be a beautiful afghan. Thank you Katie, Owlvamp. :hug

hi holly, here too, march is soon here, ready for spring, how bout you all!!

We've had a crazy week here weatherwise. We went from 60s last Sunday to 15 inches of snow on Wednesday back to 60s today. Most of our snow is gone already.

oh, gorgeous brenda, love it all, you do such prett;y work, love the colors too, what beautiful scarves, and the potholder sets, love those, are they going to be gifts for someone (s) or donation too?? Lovely work, was wondering when you would show us, ok ok, i shouldn't talk, I am definately making time tomorrow, for a pic of my latest couple of things, lol, seems when i get in the mood to pic them, the sun goes behind a cloud, or the bed isn't made, or o r or lol....but soon, i have two baby ghans to pic, and two others, i think, either lap ghans, or something, i just know they are in pillow cases, keeping clean right now, lol.....

nice today, cooler tomorrow, then nice again, no wonder everone is suffering with allergies, me and handyman never had that problem when we were younger, just has come about in the past couple of years, what with everything else I guess. lol

what happened to all the give aways we used tohave on the ville, they seem few and far between anymore, arn it, Ill have to think of something and do a give away, lol..... I know i can find or make something, lol, Im going to be working on squares for our march bday gals in the next couple of weeks, but after that, lol.........

seeing brenda's scarves, makes me wanna do some too!!!! well off to find the hook and some yarn, get me busy here soon, get something done today, i guess, lol,if i counted right, one more scarf, and you'll have an even dozen, wow girl!!!

Here are the scarves I have been working on
attachicon.gif20160225_125035.jpg
and here are the hotpads
attachicon.gif20160225_123638~2.jpg

Katy I finally took the pictures on Fri and had tried to upload them a couple of times but kept losing signal. The pink went to my sister on Sat. It was some of that "stinkin" cotton. I bought it for the color and didn't realize it was scented until I started working with it. I made the one hotpad and couldn't stand the constant smell and it made my hands feel funny so I bagged it up and put it away for a few years. When I found it the other day I decided to work it up. I put them in a ziplock bag and told my sister if she didn't want them to send them to a thrift store. She and my niece didn't think it smelled bad (rose petal). I thought the scent had faded a bit since the last time I worked with it so maybe a lot of it will wash on out. Yep waiting to see your baby ghans. I can tell the trees are popping pollen as its really bothering my eyes.

Hi friends!!  Hope everyone had a great weekend and is doing well!! Today is day 5 of feeling great!! Hardly no pain!! I cannot believe I have gone this long feeling this good but I will take it!

This weekend was busy for me.. DD went to her father's for the weekend and Friday my DH and I took a little road trip. Drove to a town 3 hours away to an equipment auction. Heaven on earth for my husband and it was interesting in the fact that I saw some things I have never seen before.. I must have seen the world's largest excavator machine (like a digging machine)... this thing was HUGE and went for 130, 000$ used !!! :eek  I took along my crochet and made a cotton crochet hanging towel. I am going to make a couple of dishcloths I guess to go with it and make a set for a customer of ours. We got back late Saturday night. Then Sunday church for morning, dinner, and then back to church and then drove to a town an hour away for my DH to pick up a truck he bought for the farm from someone there. We ate at Chili's and got home about 11:00 last night. Today been dragging a bit but feeling great.

Girls, I posted a question in the looking for patterns section if ya'll could look at it, maybe some one can help.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/156557-help-desperately-looking-for-rooster-afghan-pattern/#entry2698725

Hi all! I have been absolutely awful about checking in lately! DH and I have still been going to the gym at night and getting home, I just never see the point in breaking out my laptop. I'm always checking in and reading but hunting and pecking on the tablet is really just a pain. I'd probably be better off trying on my phone but of course I never think about that.

Kudos to you Nikki for going to the gym!! Everyone that has good health needs to use it because you never know when you may lose it. I am however joining a local Weight Watchers class this Thursday night. I sure hope I can make it pay off for me...

Lacey, I'm so glad to see that sweet little girl is doing well and growing! That picture with her big brother is just the cutest!

Owlvamp I hope those migraines start to let go some. I don't get them very often thank goodness, but they are just the worst. My sister has them bad and her neurologist told her once to take 2 excedrin migraine and drink a coke. Something about the caffeine. I hope you find something that works for you!

Hershey, I'm glad you're feeling better and start to have more and more good days! I have to admit, I'm jealous of your friend's closet! I need 2 of those... one for my craft room and one for my purses. DH will tell you, I have a bit of a purse problem! I'm not willing to sacrifice a nice big kitchen though... I'll need both! Lol!

Carol, I can't wait to see all the bear clothes and the crib bedding! You do amazing things with that sewing machine!

Katie I hope Handyman starts feeling better soon! Back pain is awful. DH is recovering from it as well, more minor than yours though. I think he pulled something at the gym.

I haven't been doing a whole lot here. Still working on the minions and Sophie and it sounds like a friend may want to have a baby blanket made when she decides what she wants. I think Sophie is going to take a backseat and I'll have to really get moving on the other things. Whenever I get the laptop out, I'll post pictures of our glass hearts. The end of March we're going back and making either eggs or flowers. I think I may have to do both!

I'm going to try really hard to get back sooner next time! For now my fingers are cramping and it's almost bedtime. Dinner with Sister, Peanut, DH, and some out of town family tomorrow and then Sister is helping me set up my craft room on Saturday. It'll be so nice to have that done! I hope everyone has a good Friday!

well,this month came fast, and has gone so fast, it's March on Tuesday already!! wow, so many birthdaygirls in march, lol, I will wish the FFeb birthday girls one glorious happy birthday, and to those coming up in March, Happy BIrthday Girls!!!! I have much to do to catch up lately, lol, but you march girls can all expect puffies soon, from whomever can,, and many good wishes for the month to come ladies!!

I am having a hec of a time, coming out of my slump,  But, whatever it takes i will work on some squares this week,and hopfully have them out and mailed by mid month at least I would think!! 

Katyallen, I sure hope you do come out of your slump SOON!! 

The weather hs been terrific lately, another week of wam temps, and sunny days, so Maxie can have his window on the world open  for a time each day,he sure loves that.....

Must be wonderful to be a cat, huh, !! 

Handyman is pretty mcuh back to normal, with his back, but still has to take it a bit easy on lifting and or any heavy work. Oh,daugher and her hubby are getting a free trip to vegas, 5 days and nights, all expences paid, lol, she has to attend a couple of training classs, that relate to her work,  but other than that, free hotel, food, a car, and plane tickets, so they are excited!! 

Glad to know handyman is better and :yay  on your DD getting a free vacay!!! ;)

they are not big gamblers or anything, but they have lots of stuff to do there if playing the slots isn't their cup of tea, lol i think they will have a grand time, , and they both work  so hard, so this is wonderful to see them having fun for a cahnge as she especially gets so sressed sometimes, she needs a break you know.well they both do!

What else, i dunno, guess that's about all i know, oh heres something, heard on the news today, that a pack of Coyotes attacked a dog, about oh, i would say 5-6 mile smaybe a little more  away from where we live, and this is not by far the country, but we do have a lake and a lot of land undevelopedout out that way, and we have dear, and wild turkey, ducks,lots of rabbits, the ever present raccoons, and lots of ground game,  and  we share the same lake, other side, miles down though, but still, you know, that was kinda scarey to hear of, never said  if the dog survived though, nor what kind of dog, so that was distrubing. Seems the so called wild animals, are running out of wild to live in! I have spotted what i think was a cougar here in the area once,and was jittery for a while about that, but coyotes, sheesh, you know....

They are getting really bad here too!! We live in the country with lots of land for them, but they wake me up lots of nights howling sounds like a hundred of them right in my back yard!! We are always worried about our calves... A neighbor did lose one of their calves to the coyotes not long ago... They are so much more plentiful than people realize. Last year I was getting groceries out of the back of my car in the carport at about 3;00 in the afternoon. I turned and one was just a few feet away staring at me. I could sense he wasn't really threatening at the moment just curious, so I set my bags back down, and went to stomping flailing my arms and telling him to get! He did but not in no real big hurry to,, kind of rattled me a tad.

Well glad to hear some of you can work with wool, i on the other hand cannot, allergic, i guess, makes me sneeze! i do however like the feel of it, seems so smooth,and wish i could....

well, i have ben sleeping well lately, wake up feeling refreshed, so that is good, everyone once in a while, i get on that can't sleep cycle, just comes and goes sometimes. but seem to be off the not sleeping thing for now. lol 

oh well, that is life, right. i hope you are all having a good weekend, nice weather, and things are going smoothly for you, keep safe all, and to all, a great night!!  :manyheart

Here are the scarves I have been working on
attachicon.gif20160225_125035.jpg
and here are the hotpads
attachicon.gif20160225_123638~2.jpg

Beautiful work!! LOVE those hotpads Brenda!!!

well good arlene, glad you are going to use it for you!!

hi holly, here too, march is soon here, ready for spring, how bout you all!!

oh, gorgeous brenda, love it all, you do such prett;y work, love the colors too, what beautiful scarves, and the potholder sets, love those, are they going to be gifts for someone (s) or donation too?? Lovely work, was wondering when you would show us, ok ok, i shouldn't talk, I am definately making time tomorrow, for a pic of my latest couple of things, lol, seems when i get in the mood to pic them, the sun goes behind a cloud, or the bed isn't made, or o r or lol....but soon, i have two baby ghans to pic, and two others, i think, either lap ghans, or something, i just know they are in pillow cases, keeping clean right now, lol.....

nice today, cooler tomorrow, then nice again, no wonder everone is suffering with allergies, me and handyman never had that problem when we were younger, just has come about in the past couple of years, what with everything else I guess. lol

what happened to all the give aways we used tohave on the ville, they seem few and far between anymore, arn it, Ill have to think of something and do a give away, lol..... I know i can find or make something, lol, Im going to be working on squares for our march bday gals in the next couple of weeks, but after that, lol.........katyallen, just so happens I posted 4 different giveaways just awhile ago!!! I was feeling the same way.. go enter them all!!!

seeing brenda's scarves, makes me wanna do some too!!!! well off to find the hook and some yarn, get me busy here soon, get something done today, i guess, lol,if i counted right, one more scarf, and you'll have an even dozen, wow girl!!!

Well got some more to do before calling quits for the day....

The scented the yarn doesn't bother me except the smell to work with. One of them to me smells like a skunk. But other than love working with it.

Beautiful scarves and hot pads. I am making some of those flower hot pads. I love them. Using up some smaller balls.

Hello everyone.

Today's errands included a trip to the doctor. I've been having anxiety symptoms for about the past 3 weeks, I was hoping it would pass without meds but it was getting worse, so I am back on some low dose chill pills hopefully it will only be for a few months. It had been 5 years since I had needed meds for the anxiety. Then stops at the post office, walmart and walgreens before getting home, I'm a little tired. March birthdays be on the look out, :mailbox  I mailed puffys today.

Brenda, everything is so pretty. I've never used scented yarn.

Michelle, I don't remember that pattern, sorry.

yes tomorrow bings the march b day girls to the fore front, there is     yarnmonkey, immafreak, grannyannie, hershey, katyallen, oh wait, that's me, lol, and sharbysyd, i think that is all of us, wow, cool!! This should work out my slump, doing something for someone else, usually perks me up and out of it.... hop i didnt forget anyone!!

chilly here now, was 62 at 3 pm this aft, and has dropped to 33 in 3 hours, what is this, the only thing about that might be, maybe it will kill, or stop some of that pollen, eh brenda, my eyes too have bothered me today, and yesterday come to think of it,,,,,grrrrr alleries, im going to get some claratin tomorrow me thinks.......

Craft room is all cleaned up now, when i finish working on a project or two, always needs a  nice vacuuming, and putting things away and such, so that it is all clean for the next projecft, lol..Besides i got some febreeze  scented vacuum bags, for the only vac i have left that even takes bags, lol and I wanted to try it out, smells pertty!!

i have not heard recently from either sharbysyd, or grannyannie   so mzil oug puffies  at your own risk, or pm them via messenger for thier info please, to avoid a return to you before you mail, i only have last known address, nothing recent on them.

i  usually do that anyways, to make sure they haven't moved. or even if they still want squares, you know...

yep another peice on the news tonight, about the coyote thing, guess they saved the little dog, and said they are agressive this time of year, coz of its mating season, so keep all dogs, not just the small ones, on a leash, or watch them when outside...

I was right too, they are following the creek beds and the drainage areas that may or may not, lead into an  unwanted appearance closer to the lake, and surounding areas near the lake as well.  said they don't usually attack humans, but if seen, report it to animal control asap..do not attem\pt to run them off  yourself as this time of year, they are very territorial, and aggressive.

it is better at least than having BEARS in the area, lol, Thank goodness, Nebraska is not indiginous to bears!!!!!! .id have to move!!! i hate bears....

well that has been our wild animal bulletin for today ladies, have a great evening, and carol, sorry you are having anxiety attackts, i have had them before, they are no fun. Usually i am nervous or upset or worried about something, are you nervous or worried about stuff?? Hope you get over them soon...oooops

side bar.......

once comming home, we pulled into the drive, as  a a red fox streaked out of the garage area, and headed elsewhere, what we saw of it, it was beautiful, but don't want it  here either, lol     hunting wascally wabbits, i guess......if the coyotees come this far, we will probably soon lose our neighborhood wild turkey flock too, such a shame if that happens, they bother no one. :ttalk  :ttalk

:bday to all us March bday gals!!!!!!!   :manyheart   live long, and prosper....( said with the split fingered spock salute) :yes

I got the laptop out last night and posted a huge long post with quotes and pictures and everything and came back a little later and it was gone. No idea what happened. I tried getting my autosave post back and it was only the quotes I had. I'll try again tonight. I was too frustrated to do it over last night! Sheesh!

Hey everybody. I have been MIA the last 4 days and will be MIA the next 5 days.  (Life plopped itself on my doorstep... :thair )

Nothing supper bad but hectic.  I have the February squares done and some of the March squares done. But I don't know when I'll get to the P.O.  I'll make it eventually.  Gotta go and take care of business. I'll check in sometime next week.

Awww, adorable picture of baby Jade, Immafreak.

Glad it all looks good, pineknott.

I have been having some problems with the website also... lost a post in tried to post. Now I only seem to be able to access crochetville on my tablet.

Good morning!

Couldn't sleep well last night so I am up showered and dressed.

I don't babysit today so I need to accomplish a lot somehow. Hopefully a

Nap in there somewheres.

Headed out to the doctors with daughter. She has been having migraines and

He wants her to get blood work done. Need to get it done and back home for other daughter

To head off to college.

I'll try to check in later.

Finally a sunny day here, but it was a bit windy. Not much to report. I did finish the duster and it came out nicely considering it was a project I had no intention of starting at all in Dec.

Howieann- 15" of snow? Wow....we are to get some Friday night and Sunday.

I love the afghan- Snowbear; and all the finished items-Bgs. Scented yarn doesn't really bother me but I can understand the odor being annoying.

Jade is adorable and that's great she is gaining weight.

Pineknott- So happy for your good news!

Well time to sign off.

Hello everyone.  

Pineknott, glad everything was good.

Baby Jade is so cute, glad she is home and gaining weight.

Owlvamp, I hope your daughter is feeling better.

We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday in my classroom today. Not much else going on so I think I will relax a bit and stitch. I hope everyone has a great evening.

aw shes such a cuiie!!

First biday card arrived today!! From our own ms carol!!   THANK Y OU, of course i love them all!!! pic to come!! i also have those pics ready to post, of the 8 inch ghan i completed, and the two baby ghans, don't know what i did with the 6 inch ghan one though, oh yeah, it's in anorher bin, pic of that to come later, doing those ghans, used up all the 6 and 8 inch squares i had on hand, till Ms. Carol's arrived today!!! They are all very pretty, my favorite being the pink and tan varigated one, lol thank you again, here is that pic[

and here is the 8 inch gahn i completed, and the two baby ghans too, for the donation box!!

post-40621-0-57804900-1456962308_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-33796800-1456962401_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-73903600-1456962733_thumb.jpg

great news Linda, glad the test came out tip top!!   all else, hello,and how you all doing!! I will try to come back in later, gotta eat, see ya soon, oh have a bad col slash flu thing, me and him both, feeling really beat up these past two days, hope it doesn't come through cyberville and hit you all too!! stay well, talk to you all soon!! ;)

Katy such pretty afghans. I always enjoy seeing your color combos. Goodness I hope you and Handy do not have the flu.

The scented yarn made my hands feel funny like I might be allergic to it. Not sure that I really liked the scent in the yarn I was working with as I grabbed it for the color not realizing it was scented.

Puffies in the mail.

Archived