Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awe thanks for keeping us updated on baby Jade. I bet brother was happy to see her. Beautiful picture.

Sorry haven't checked in been so busy with everything and then the storm and the winds are so strong. Lots of people lost their light and thankfully we haven't . The winds are still going strong.

Been having very bad bad migraines enough I stay in bed a lot. Not much helping with them. Been to doctors. I even had blood work taken and all is good. Just bad bad bad migraines.

Hello everyone.

Our storms were not too bad last night, but still windy today and much cooler. 

That is a precious picture of Jade and brother.

Owlvamp, I hope you are feeling better.

Today was an early release day for students so I was able to spend the afternoon planning, that was after a relaxed lunch with coworkers.  I decided to start a couple more bear outfits for my grandkids. My granddaughter wants an Elsa costume for her bear and my grandson wants a gingerbread man costume that he saw for bears. My younger daughter text me today asking if I sew a crib set for the nursery since she hasn't found one she likes, of course I said I would love to make it, so I am going to busy, busy, busy. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great evening.

she is doing okay,should be walking more,but isn't,having the other leg done this Wednesday,so another six weeks of nurse maid for the two of them,I'll be happy when May rolls around,she should be totally mobile by then

Glad to hear she is doing okay. I remember when I was off for a broken foot in 2014 and it was terrible as I wasn't supposed to walk on it.

Jade is gaining weight slowly but surely. She's 4lbs 13oz ☺️

So glad she is gaining. She is so Tiny!

Handydan pulled a muscle in his back a couple days ago, so been waiting on him, and cooking, as he can't stand there at the stove too long probably for a few days. Im outta things to cook,lol, so looking probably at pizza,ordered and delivered tomorrow, ha ha ha.

Katie, hope he is healing quickly!!!

I love the doggie and baby Jade photos.

Tribble79- I hear Ohio has lots of craft stores around. Wish I could go with you. I hope little Tribble likes his new glasses.

All I have by me are "Michaels". I have wanted to go to the Lionbrand store down in NYC but they are no where by Times Square which is usually where we end up.

Thank you. If Ohio has lots of craft stores they must be in places I don't go! LOL. The ones I know about are Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Jo Ann Fabrics. I usually end up going to Walmart for my yarn. I only go to they others if there is a item that I am unable to locate and I don't want to order it online. There is a new one going it in Court House I think. Will have to go and check it out once it opens. I can't remember the name....

kicking my tail.. like this morning, I got up and have not slept well at all in 3 nights from the pain... I was hurting so bad like a headache all down neck and upper spine just got back in bed. been up since 10:00 and nothing done, still hurting.. I live like I am in my 80's and I am only 51

You have to take care of yourself first. Hope you are doing better soon.

round 1 of storms passed by without incident,not so an hour from us,truck tossed upside down,a trailer and house destroyed,2 loss of life,this area hardly ever gets tornado warnings,man they were all around us,even 10 mins. away,now that's too dang close

round 2 is coming later,winds are already whistling,hope they don't get much stronger,we don't need toppled trees and power outtages

That's way too close, very scary - take care!

Owlvamp, I hope that your migraines get better soon. I don't have nearly as many as I did when I was a teenager. They are not fun. Have they tried you on any of the migraine medicines?

I havn't crocheted for a few days. Instead of cleaning like I wanted on Wednesday I fell asleep at around 9 and didn't get a thing accomplished so I had to clean on Thursday when we got back from Columbus and picking up Little Tribbles new glasses. Didn't see any craft places to stop at but we did get Little tribble a new haircut and I got mine cut also. It was beginning to become unmanageable for both of us.

Hoping to begin on my first graphghan. I so hope that it goes well, LOL. It will be for Mr Tribble for xmas if I am even able to do a graphghan!

have a great night all... Talk to you tomorrow.

oh hellogood friends,  nice to see you all agin, i think I may have forgotten to come in last night, I was so tired, so before bed, i took a melatonin, andd a valarium, both simple supplements that help relax, and calm so I could sleep and i did, so much better than i have been lately, both of those are supplements you buy otc, and really do help i think.. I should be fine tonight, just needed to break that cycle of waking at 330, flipping channels! haha,

Handyman is helaing, we think it might have been a slipped disk, judging by the pain he was having, I remember that pain, but he is moving around a lot better, so i think it is healing well,

Oh those spiraly hotpads, are so fun to make, i love makijng them i made myself several for the kitchen and love them!! You are doing a bang up job here lately, bet kittie is loving the lap time too!!!

katy hope Handydan recovers quickly. I have pulled muscles several times and it hurts so bad. Some nights I have trouble sleeping too but not real often. Seems like crocheting helps.

10 scarves done, towel with topper done, hotpad done. Spent a lot of time searching for one of my patterns. I have other copies but I made notes on the missing one. Guess I can figure out the changes I made by looking at a finished one.

Lacey it sounds like you will be taking Jade home soon. Take care of yourself.

wow Times Square, what a cool thing to just be hours away, lol... Duaghter was there, couple years ago,  she and hubby honeymnooned there, and she loved it, she saw many of the sites there, and really enjoyed being there, they think they will go back on their 5th anniversary, lol  

I love the doggie and baby Jade photos. Boy is Jade alert. I am glad she is gaining weight.

Katie- I don't blame you wanting to get out. What with all the crazy weather, it makes me stir crazy too.

Tribble79- I hear Ohio has lots of craft stores around. Wish I could go with you. I hope little Tribble likes his new glasses.

All I have by me are "Michaels". I have wanted to go to the Lionbrand store down in NYC but they are no where by Times Square which is usually where we end up.

good afternoon

getting ready to batten down the hatches here,storms coming up from the south and those are usually more powerful

its going to be a mixed bag,rain,straight line winds and maybe some hail too

Oh my, you are going to be hammered, stay in , and keep safe, i sure hope you don't lose power these storms are awful!!

Hello all!!

I know I know... you're saying " who IS that girl?? she seems vaguely familiar...."  

yes it has been a month, I can't believe it...

I have had the awfulest time.. this fibro is kicking my tail.. like this morning, I got up and have not slept well at all in 3 nights from the pain... I was hurting so bad like a headache all down neck and upper spine just got back in bed. been up since 10:00 and nothing done, still hurting.. I live like I am in my 80's and I am only 51.... very depressing when the demands of my family need me...but I will not have a pity party.. someway somehow there has got to be a way to manage this better and have more quality of life and I WILL FIND IT....

Haven't forgotten yall in the meantime though and even though I have pages of reading to do to catch up, I hope everyone is well from the awful tornadoes from last night.

And LACEY!!!! :yay   yay on Baby JADE coming into the world!!! She is a living doll!!! So happy for you! I pray that she continues to only get better and you take care of yourself too..

As soon as I get the address I have a few squares to send,,, I am SOO behind :(  but I am catching up..

But for now I must go... going to try to get myself ready to go to PO and we have church tonight.. we have dinner before, but just talked to DH on phone and told him I will be doing good to make church.. it will be a sandwich night for us...   oh well, we could have gotten blown away last night so all is good,,, my prayers go out to those that lost a few loved ones and homes...

aw yiou poor thing Michelle, i am so sorry you nhave not been feeling well, i often have thought, fibro must be horrible to try to deal with, and I guess I was right. I sure hope you improve quickly, and I love your attitude, you will find a way!! Good for you, never give up!!!

Hello,

Katie, I hope handydan is feeling better.

Brenda, your hooks have been flying.

Linda, we're suppose to have storms coming through tonight too.

Michelle, I'm sorry you've been having a bad time with the fibro.

Not much going on here just the usual work and day to day stuff.

Hi Carol, storms coming your way too, sheesh, you stay safe too, we're all thinking bout ou friends here, headed for some bad storms.     

round 1 of storms passed by without incident,not so an hour from us,truck tossed upside down,a trailer and house destroyed,2 loss of life,this area hardly ever gets tornado warnings,man they were all around us,even 10 mins. away,now that's too dang close

round 2 is coming later,winds are already whistling,hope they don't get much stronger,we don't need toppled trees and power outtages

I have come to hate strong winds, i mean, never used to, but now, to me anyway, they mean destructive storms no doubt, and I don't like that!!

bout it for this time around ladies, so will wish you all a happy night, restful sleep, sweet dreams, and see you tomorrow....Do you all ever dream of crochet, i swear, i do, sometimes, I think of new things, or solve a crochet problem i am having in my sleep. lol

I just wake up, and know how to  either fix, finish, or create something!! cool!!

Oh finished that baby ghan, GOsh, i had a lot of trouble, right at the end, putting the last row on, ripped it out a couple time, and had to re attatch it, sheesh!! Then I put on a row or two of simple edgining, an called it done, lol I will tr to snp up a pic tomorrow of it, seems like i have been working on it for YEARS, lol glad it's doine, it will go in my donation box!!

does anyone here work with wool yarn now and then??? I can't do wool,unfortuately, it makes me sneeze, ha ha.....wondered how many of us, do on occastion make something with it, or if not, what are your reactions to the wool, thanks!!

Hi Ladies!!!

Thank you all!! I must have been having wonderful prayers/ good wishes going up for me today!! I felt great and have had more mobility in my back and legs than in months and months.... REALLY ENJOYED MY DAY!! Didn't go anywhere but I did catch up on some housework and went for short 15 minute walk not wanting to overdo it and be right back there...

Sooo glad  that it wasn't any closer!!! We deal with tornadoes pretty regular here and there really is no way to prepare....

pineknott glad you made it ok. I agree that was too close.

Michelle glad you checked in. Hope you get to feeling better.  Thank you!!!

Today I made 3 hotpads from start to finish----the ones katy got me started on,the round ones with the spokes. Then I made 2 towel rings--just have to add the buttons and work in the tails. I will probably start another scarf before going to bed.   Wow girl!! :2rock  your hook has been on fire!! ;)

Hope those in the midst of bad weather are doing ok

Awe thanks for keeping us updated on baby Jade. I bet brother was happy to see her. Beautiful picture.

Sorry haven't checked in been so busy with everything and then the storm and the winds are so strong. Lots of people lost their light and thankfully we haven't . The winds are still going strong.

Been having very bad bad migraines enough I stay in bed a lot. Not much helping with them. Been to doctors. I even had blood work taken and all is good. Just bad bad bad migraines.  :hugso sorry Sandra!! sure hope you get over this soon!! That's the way I was yesterday... take care of yourself!!

Hello everyone.

Our storms were not too bad last night, but still windy today and much cooler. 

That is a precious picture of Jade and brother.

Owlvamp, I hope you are feeling better.

Today was an early release day for students so I was able to spend the afternoon planning, that was after a relaxed lunch with coworkers.  I decided to start a couple more bear outfits for my grandkids. My granddaughter wants an Elsa costume for her bear and my grandson wants a gingerbread man costume that he saw for bears. My younger daughter text me today asking if I sew a crib set for the nursery since she hasn't found one she likes, of course I said I would love to make it, so I am going to busy, busy, busy. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great evening.   WEll, Brenda's hook is on fire and now I see you are going to be getting after it too!! :hook

Glad to hear she is doing okay. I remember when I was off for a broken foot in 2014 and it was terrible as I wasn't supposed to walk on it.

So glad she is gaining. She is so Tiny!

Handydan pulled a muscle in his back a couple days ago, so been waiting on him, and cooking, as he can't stand there at the stove too long probably for a few days. Im outta things to cook,lol, so looking probably at pizza,ordered and delivered tomorrow, ha ha ha.

Ouch!! Sorry for Mr. Handydan!! That is painful but hoping he gets better soon... for him and you! :heehee

Katie, hope he is healing quickly!!!

Thank you. If Ohio has lots of craft stores they must be in places I don't go! LOL. The ones I know about are Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Jo Ann Fabrics. I usually end up going to Walmart for my yarn. I only go to they others if there is a item that I am unable to locate and I don't want to order it online. There is a new one going it in Court House I think. Will have to go and check it out once it opens. I can't remember the name....

You have to take care of yourself first. Hope you are doing better soon.

That's way too close, very scary - take care!

Owlvamp, I hope that your migraines get better soon. I don't have nearly as many as I did when I was a teenager. They are not fun. Have they tried you on any of the migraine medicines?

I havn't crocheted for a few days. Instead of cleaning like I wanted on Wednesday I fell asleep at around 9 and didn't get a thing accomplished so I had to clean on Thursday when we got back from Columbus and picking up Little Tribbles new glasses. Didn't see any craft places to stop at but we did get Little tribble a new haircut and I got mine cut also. It was beginning to become unmanageable for both of us.

Hoping to begin on my first graphghan. I so hope that it goes well, LOL. It will be for Mr Tribble for xmas if I am even able to do a graphghan!

have a great night all... Talk to you tomorrow.

oh hellogood friends,  nice to see you all agin, i think I may have forgotten to come in last night, I was so tired, so before bed, i took a melatonin, andd a valarium, both simple supplements that help relax, and calm so I could sleep and i did, so much better than i have been lately, both of those are supplements you buy otc, and really do help i think.. I should be fine tonight, just needed to break that cycle of waking at 330, flipping channels! haha,

Handyman is helaing, we think it might have been a slipped disk, judging by the pain he was having, I remember that pain, but he is moving around a lot better, so i think it is healing well,

Oh those spiraly hotpads, are so fun to make, i love makijng them i made myself several for the kitchen and love them!! You are doing a bang up job here lately, bet kittie is loving the lap time too!!!

wow Times Square, what a cool thing to just be hours away, lol... Duaghter was there, couple years ago,  she and hubby honeymnooned there, and she loved it, she saw many of the sites there, and really enjoyed being there, they think they will go back on their 5th anniversary, lol  

Oh my, you are going to be hammered, stay in , and keep safe, i sure hope you don't lose power these storms are awful!!

aw yiou poor thing Michelle, i am so sorry you nhave not been feeling well, i often have thought, fibro must be horrible to try to deal with, and I guess I was right. I sure hope you improve quickly, and I love your attitude, you will find a way!! Good for you, never give up!!!

Awww... thank you so much katyallen!!! that just warmed my heart!!

Hi Carol, storms coming your way too, sheesh, you stay safe too, we're all thinking bout ou friends here, headed for some bad storms.     

I have come to hate strong winds, i mean, never used to, but now, to me anyway, they mean destructive storms no doubt, and I don't like that!!

Well, I want to take a break from making some squares I'm working on to start a couple of potholders and a dishtowel for some customers of ours that are really good friends as well.. They just moved into a new house a few months ago and live beside my son and his family and are really wonderful friends to them also... They have a beautiful house... They have been married over 15 years and been saving all this time to build and not go in debt and they did!! But what is funny they have no children and not ever planning on having any... I don't think she can and doesn't want any - although she loves other's kids... But she loves shoes!!! She has a tiny kitchen, only likes to fix snacks.... but the closet is a WHOLE ROOM with one whole wall being a shoe rack!!!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wishing everyone a good night!!!

Hi all! I have been absolutely awful about checking in lately! DH and I have still been going to the gym at night and getting home, I just never see the point in breaking out my laptop. I'm always checking in and reading but hunting and pecking on the tablet is really just a pain. I'd probably be better off trying on my phone but of course I never think about that.

Lacey, I'm so glad to see that sweet little girl is doing well and growing! That picture with her big brother is just the cutest!

Owlvamp I hope those migraines start to let go some. I don't get them very often thank goodness, but they are just the worst. My sister has them bad and her neurologist told her once to take 2 excedrin migraine and drink a coke. Something about the caffeine. I hope you find something that works for you!

Hershey, I'm glad you're feeling better and start to have more and more good days! I have to admit, I'm jealous of your friend's closet! I need 2 of those... one for my craft room and one for my purses. DH will tell you, I have a bit of a purse problem! I'm not willing to sacrifice a nice big kitchen though... I'll need both! Lol!

Carol, I can't wait to see all the bear clothes and the crib bedding! You do amazing things with that sewing machine!

Katie I hope Handyman starts feeling better soon! Back pain is awful. DH is recovering from it as well, more minor than yours though. I think he pulled something at the gym.

I haven't been doing a whole lot here. Still working on the minions and Sophie and it sounds like a friend may want to have a baby blanket made when she decides what she wants. I think Sophie is going to take a backseat and I'll have to really get moving on the other things. Whenever I get the laptop out, I'll post pictures of our glass hearts. The end of March we're going back and making either eggs or flowers. I think I may have to do both!

I'm going to try really hard to get back sooner next time! For now my fingers are cramping and it's almost bedtime. Dinner with Sister, Peanut, DH, and some out of town family tomorrow and then Sister is helping me set up my craft room on Saturday. It'll be so nice to have that done! I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Hi to everyone!!!

I am so glad the weekend is here. I will finish up the Breezy Duster this weekend that I have been working on since Dec.

I love working with all fiber. Wool is great for felting but it is never a perfect science. My last attempt was when I made a hat for my mom last year. The first hat felted too small so it was given to a child and the second time, it came out nicely. They were both very warm and soft. I've also hand dyed wool with a mix of koolaid colors just for fun, and it had a nice, fruity smell for a while and a pretty color.

I'm doing my happy Friday dance!  :dance . I've actually taught my students to do this when we do circle time on Friday mornings, they look really cute when they do it. 

I'm enjoying a quiet evening of crocheting, I was going to sew but after about a half hour I decided I was tired and wanted to relax on the sofa. I stopped at Joann's on the way home from work for some fabric. I also stopped at Toys R Us and got my grandson's birthday gift, I will be heading to his house next weekend to celebrate his birthday. I'm going to lunch with a couple of friends tomorrow and church on Sunday and will hopefully have a lot of stitching time this weekend.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi, everyone! I wanted to give you all a personal invitation to Crochetville's fourth annual blog tour in honor of National Crochet Month. This year's tour features a virtual passenger steam train trip. The Crochet Express will leave the station at 8:00 AM on March 1 to visit 93 crochet designers, 20 yarn companies, and 19 crochet-friendly local yarn stores, plus a daily giveaway. You'll be able to find all the posts on the Crochetville blog.

Part of the fun of a train trip is chatting with your fellow passengers. In the Observation Car, you'll be able to talk about your favorite finds each day and share photos of the projects you're currently working on. All that shopping, talking, and crocheting will keep us hungry, so our Dining Car will feature a daily cocktail hour and special dinner. The drinks and food will sadly have to be virtual, through the sharing of recipe links, as we haven't quite figure out how to send the real stuff through the internet yet.

Chat here on Crochetville: The Crochet Express

Chat in our Facebook group: National Crochet Month

Wherever you prefer to chat, Donna and I hope you will join us to celebrate National Crochet Month. As far as we know, this is the biggest organized event anywhere!

Crochet_Express_General_Ticket_2a_FB.png

Click the ticket to see it full size for easier reading.

sounds like everyone is keeping busy, resting, or working, so all is normal i guess....nothing much here, just checking in, to see how everyone is doing, and finally came in to vac the bedroom, so hopped on the internet to check in!!

HOpe everyone has a good weekend, and no storms for anyone hopefully in the forecast, lets keep our fingers crossed though,lol       all for now, oever and out, and have a good one..... :manyheart

Silly question I'm sure. But is the train ride only here on line or is there a actually train ride the whole month for crocheters? I don't understand it and I went to read it and am more confused.

The invitation says virtual train ride so I'm guessing it's just online. But it should be fun, looks like lots of interesting people, stores and give aways.

Silly question I'm sure. But is the train ride only here on line or is there a actually train ride the whole month for crocheters? I don't understand it and I went to read it and am more confused.

No questions are silly! It's a virtual online train tour. The train "stops" will be the blog posts of all the different participants. The Observation Car and Dining Car will feature various discussions. All the discussion will take place either in the NatCroMo area here on Crochetville or in the Facebook group.

It would be a very lovely idea to have a real month-long passenger train trip. It would be so much fun to spend that much time with crocheters and not have to worry about real life. But most people probably wouldn't be able to take a month away from their responsibilities to join us. Even for those who could, it would probably cost way too much!

So a virtual train tour it is. This way, we can all participate in our comfy, cozy clothes, at whatever time of day we wish. We can even come in our pajamas!

Hey, I work with all type of yarn. As well. Wool yarn I make stuff like to go on arms of couches, chairs, etc. It comes in handy.  And I think the Baby Jad is so adorable. She is so precious. take care, :hug  Arlene

post-62818-0-67508800-1456627770_thumb.jpg   post-62818-0-82489600-1456627796_thumb.jpg 

Here are pictures of the squares sent me. This is what my Afghan is going to look like so far. I had to take it in two parts. Sorry. But that my beautiful squares. Thank you all so much. 

oh what a beautiful blanket that will be, you are doing one fabulous job of putting it together too,, what pretties, im so in love with your balnket to be!!!  I also love the contrast color you are sewing the m together with, what a great looking ghan this is going to be! s this for someone or yourslef, or have you decided that detail yet, lol. Great Job!!

well,this month came fast, and has gone so fast, it's March on Tuesday already!! wow, so many birthdaygirls in march, lol, I will wish the FFeb birthday girls one glorious happy birthday, and to those coming up in March, Happy BIrthday Girls!!!! I have much to do to catch up lately, lol, but you march girls can all expect puffies soon, from whomever can,, and many good wishes for the month to come ladies!!

I am having a hec of a time, coming out of my slump,  But, whatever it takes i will work on some squares this week,and hopfully have them out and mailed by mid month at least I would think!! 

The weather hs been terrific lately, another week of wam temps, and sunny days, so Maxie can have his window on the world open  for a time each day,he sure loves that.....

Must be wonderful to be a cat, huh, !! 

Handyman is pretty mcuh back to normal, with his back, but still has to take it a bit easy on lifting and or any heavy work. Oh,daugher and her hubby are getting a free trip to vegas, 5 days and nights, all expences paid, lol, she has to attend a couple of training classs, that relate to her work,  but other than that, free hotel, food, a car, and plane tickets, so they are excited!! 

they are not big gamblers or anything, but they have lots of stuff to do there if playing the slots isn't their cup of tea, lol i think they will have a grand time, , and they both work  so hard, so this is wonderful to see them having fun for a cahnge as she especially gets so sressed sometimes, she needs a break you know.well they both do!

What else, i dunno, guess that's about all i know, oh heres something, heard on the news today, that a pack of Coyotes attacked a dog, about oh, i would say 5-6 mile smaybe a little more  away from where we live, and this is not by far the country, but we do have a lake and a lot of land undevelopedout out that way, and we have dear, and wild turkey, ducks,lots of rabbits, the ever present raccoons, and lots of ground game,  and  we share the same lake, other side, miles down though, but still, you know, that was kinda scarey to hear of, never said  if the dog survived though, nor what kind of dog, so that was distrubing. Seems the so called wild animals, are running out of wild to live in! I have spotted what i think was a cougar here in the area once,and was jittery for a while about that, but coyotes, sheesh, you know....

Well glad to hear some of you can work with wool, i on the other hand cannot, allergic, i guess, makes me sneeze! i do however like the feel of it, seems so smooth,and wish i could....

well, i have ben sleeping well lately, wake up feeling refreshed, so that is good, everyone once in a while, i get on that can't sleep cycle, just comes and goes sometimes. but seem to be off the not sleeping thing for now. lol 

oh well, that is life, right. i hope you are all having a good weekend, nice weather, and things are going smoothly for you, keep safe all, and to all, a great night!!  :manyheart

Snowbear, your afghan is going to be beautiful.

Katie, glad to hear handyman is doing better. That's scary about the coyotes.

I went to church this morning and now I'm in my sewing room working on teddy bear clothes.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Archived