Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Baby and puppy pictures! We hit the the jackpot! I can see why Little Tribble favors the one but they are all good looking dogs. Its funny about the couch. When our stray kitten moved in she got the couch. We never sit on it anymore as its fixed with blankets and pillows for her. Our last dog had died and we we were not looking to replace them because we have been working towards moving to a senior living place and knew it would be easier with no pets.

Dh never had a cat before and tells her he is not a cat person but rather a dog person with a cat. The first time I took her to the vet I carried her in our medium dog carrier and asked the vet to please turn it into a dog because we aren't cat people. He just laughed and said well it looks like you ate now.

Katy sorry about your friend's loss. Its hard losing our little fur friends. Have you been working on any scarves hats or afghans for charity? Seems like I am off to a slow start this year.

LOL! We have kitties, but are not really kitty people either, but wanted to rescue a couple so two of ours are from a Humane Society. They don't ever go outside either. The other two are actually my mothers.  Little Tribble is obsessed with cats. We have one that just lets him pack her around as long as he can catch her.

great pics bo is simply precious If i had that many doggies on me sleeping, i would wake up in  panic thinking I was being suffocated though, My dog always is at the bottom of the bed, on the rug, or at the side of the bed, gaurding me from the door, lol    my cat doesn't go ouside, ever, he never has since we got him. and he is ruler of the roost for sure....

It can be somewhat uncomfortable at times. LOL! After so many years, you get used to it.

so tired today, didn't get much done, im afraid, but housework, and some laundry, was a nice warm day too, sun was out, all the piled up snow in the neighborhood, all melted away today,yay, the vegie garden is finally down to dirt, he he...

I had that type of day yesterday. I just didn't feel like doing anything at all.

Hi all. Just checking in. Jade is off all oxygen support and IVs, only her feeding tube now. She just needs to gain weight (what they said were waiting on now). One week old today :)

Jade is adorable. She looks like a very happy baby

pssst. where is everyone??

Havn't felt like doing anything for a couple of days, didn't even play on the internet.

Hope everyone is doing good,

Have a great night all....

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

The baby shower was wonderful yesterday but I am soooooo tired today. I'm planning to go to church early and then home to relax on the sofa with my crocheting and maybe do a load or two of laundry.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello all... I slept today since I worked last night and tonight :) , so I didn't do much at all. Little Tribble and I sat our crystals out in the full moon to recharge them. Did a load of laundry and put chicken wings in the oven for supper. That is all I did today! Now I'm back at work...

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

hi ya pineknott,, how is daughter doing???

Brenda, i am slow this year, don't feel quite like doing them yet, lol    im bad, huh..........he he he. but you are inspiring me, or shameing me, maybe, lol.......so keep it up............. I,m working now on using up the smaller solids of yarn balls, on a baby ghan, in brights mostly, about half way done with sewing up the rows,  lol, out 36 by 38, when i finish the rows, then probably a a couple more inches both ways, from the trim rows. i think......we'llsee....... gottta admit, imgetting that small yarn ball basket down really good, that way, i can work on something else, lol like a scarf or hat, maybe, he he he.

oh all for now, kinda tired, will end ths post for now, seeyou tomorrow, have a great monday!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all, nothing exciting going on here either! I haven't done any crocheting for the last couple of days. Hope to get back to it tomorrow after I clean and do some laundry.

Little Tribble has a School fun night planned so we are going to that tomorrow. He's supposed to get to make a couple of things and do a painting. Sounds like he will have fun. Then I  will come home and clean. LOL

Wednesday we will be going up to Columbus again to pick up Little Tribbles new glasses. I hate that drive but might stop by somewhere to get some yarn for a new project that I want to try.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Go katy go. I am looking forward to seeing your babyghan. You always do a terrific job working from your small ball basket. Last year I had lots of scarves done by now. I am afraid if I don't get some made now it won't happen and I would really like to get this novelty yarn used up. So far 7 done 2 ready to bind off ends.

I have been trying to organize and purge multiple things--file cabinet, craft stuff etc. I am finding several projects not quite finished (towel with topper only needing button and ends worked in, magic potholder just needing seamed together,etc) that I am putting beside my chair to finish up between scarves. Meanwhile I crocheted a case for my cell phone to attach to my fanny pack because I can't seem to find what I want to replace my old one that is not staying closed anymore.

cshort glad the shower went well. When is it due so we can countdown with you?

hi ya pineknott,, how is daughter doing???

Brenda, i am slow this year, don't feel quite like doing them yet, lol    im bad, huh..........he he he. but you are inspiring me, or shameing me, maybe, lol.......so keep it up............. I,m working now on using up the smaller solids of yarn balls, on a baby ghan, in brights mostly, about half way done with sewing up the rows,  lol, out 36 by 38, when i finish the rows, then probably a a couple more inches both ways, from the trim rows. i think......we'llsee....... gottta admit, imgetting that small yarn ball basket down really good, that way, i can work on something else, lol like a scarf or hat, maybe, he he he.

oh all for now, kinda tired, will end ths post for now, seeyou tomorrow, have a great monday!!!!!!!!!!!

she is doing okay,should be walking more,but isn't,having the other leg done this Wednesday,so another six weeks of nurse maid for the two of them,I'll be happy when May rolls around,she should be totally mobile by then

Hello everyone.

I went and had my taxes done after to work today so I can take that off the to do list. Then I picked up dinner and came home to do some laundry and crocheting.

I'm so glad Jade is gaining weight and doing well.

Pineknott, I hope the healing process is quick so you get a break.

Have a great evening everyone.

hi all, well, another day down, what did i accomplish, uhhhh, sewed one more long row of blocks onto the baby ghan im working on, mended a quilt i want to put on the bed, dishes, vacuum, bathroom, did't make the bed  yet, lol, trash went out today, oh, cat box, and laundry, that's about it I guess, crocheted very little, maybe later, this feels like a night i won't sleep till way later, just runs in a cycle, got to get some more sominex, i guess as i use it very seldom but when i have to, most times, crocheting or watching tv makes me tired too, so.....

Handydan pulled a muscle in his back a couple days ago, so been waiting on him, and cooking, as he can't stand there at the stove too long probably for a few days. Im outta things to cook,lol, so looking probably at pizza,ordered and delivered tomorrow, ha ha ha.

He is getting better, been up quite a few times today, seems easier now, with ben gay on it and a heating pad. So is improving, might take a couple more days though, to be sure.

I slipped a disc once in my back, took me three hours to even get dressed enough to go to emg room, so i know how painful it can be to hurt your back. Mine went in again, so no surgery needed, thank goodness, and after that shot they gave me, i made it home without any pain. Sheesh that was years ago, you know....but i remember the pain.

so he us resting better than a couple days ago, anyay, so i think it is healing. just tskes time. He is not a laydown take it easy person, lol....

When it rains it pours i guess, huh.....

well, im out tonight, tired of sitting here, lol, go find something else to do i guess,you all stay safe, and have a great tomorrow!!

katy hope Handydan recovers quickly. I have pulled muscles several times and it hurts so bad. Some nights I have trouble sleeping too but not real often. Seems like crocheting helps.

10 scarves done, towel with topper done, hotpad done. Spent a lot of time searching for one of my patterns. I have other copies but I made notes on the missing one. Guess I can figure out the changes I made by looking at a finished one.

Lacey it sounds like you will be taking Jade home soon. Take care of yourself.

I love the doggie and baby Jade photos. Boy is Jade alert. I am glad she is gaining weight.

Katie- I don't blame you wanting to get out. What with all the crazy weather, it makes me stir crazy too.

Tribble79- I hear Ohio has lots of craft stores around. Wish I could go with you. I hope little Tribble likes his new glasses.

All I have by me are "Michaels". I have wanted to go to the Lionbrand store down in NYC but they are no where by Times Square which is usually where we end up.

good afternoon

getting ready to batten down the hatches here,storms coming up from the south and those are usually more powerful

its going to be a mixed bag,rain,straight line winds and maybe some hail too

Hello all!!

I know I know... you're saying " who IS that girl?? she seems vaguely familiar...."  

yes it has been a month, I can't believe it...

I have had the awfulest time.. this fibro is kicking my tail.. like this morning, I got up and have not slept well at all in 3 nights from the pain... I was hurting so bad like a headache all down neck and upper spine just got back in bed. been up since 10:00 and nothing done, still hurting.. I live like I am in my 80's and I am only 51.... very depressing when the demands of my family need me...but I will not have a pity party.. someway somehow there has got to be a way to manage this better and have more quality of life and I WILL FIND IT....

Haven't forgotten yall in the meantime though and even though I have pages of reading to do to catch up, I hope everyone is well from the awful tornadoes from last night.

And LACEY!!!! :yay   yay on Baby JADE coming into the world!!! She is a living doll!!! So happy for you! I pray that she continues to only get better and you take care of yourself too..

As soon as I get the address I have a few squares to send,,, I am SOO behind :(  but I am catching up..

But for now I must go... going to try to get myself ready to go to PO and we have church tonight.. we have dinner before, but just talked to DH on phone and told him I will be doing good to make church.. it will be a sandwich night for us...   oh well, we could have gotten blown away last night so all is good,,, my prayers go out to those that lost a few loved ones and homes...

Hello,

Katie, I hope handydan is feeling better.

Brenda, your hooks have been flying.

Linda, we're suppose to have storms coming through tonight too.

Michelle, I'm sorry you've been having a bad time with the fibro.

Not much going on here just the usual work and day to day stuff.

round 1 of storms passed by without incident,not so an hour from us,truck tossed upside down,a trailer and house destroyed,2 loss of life,this area hardly ever gets tornado warnings,man they were all around us,even 10 mins. away,now that's too dang close

round 2 is coming later,winds are already whistling,hope they don't get much stronger,we don't need toppled trees and power outtages

pineknott glad you made it ok. I agree that was too close.

Michelle glad you checked in. Hope you get to feeling better.

Today I made 3 hotpads from start to finish----the ones katy got me started on,the round ones with the spokes. Then I made 2 towel rings--just have to add the buttons and work in the tails. I will probably start another scarf before going to bed.

Hope those in the midst of bad weather are doing ok

Archived